Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Wonder if we're gonna get MK9 2, or if they're gonna continue this universe where Liu Kang is the God of Earth and there's other changes.

I was hoping more for continuing where MK11 left off, perhaps a Great Kung Lao story (since it's that far back in the past), but (IMO) Boon made it sound like more of an MK9 2 type of thing.
They wrote themselves into a corner like they did with Armageddon, and the next game will probably be them trying to explain / unfvck the story of the reset button by Kronika in MK11.

Could he be referring to Kombat Pack 2? I would hardly call that a big surprise, everyone and their mothers know it's coming.

2020 *is* the year next-gen consoles appear. Perhaps a PS5/X-Box Next edition with some extra goodies?

A story DLC?

Some additional mode which will knock everyone's socks off?

A remake of the first MK ala Super Street Fighter II Turbo Remix?

He could be exaggerating … we'll see.

My guess is that it's KP2, because although it's not a surprise to us due to the data mining, it probably would have been had the whole Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Joker, Terminator, Spawn, Sheeva, Fujin and Ash intro lines not been discovered.

An Ultra / Ultimate / XL / Komplete Edition is also possible, but not really a surprise according to NRS habits of doing that for MK9, Inj1, MKX and Inj2.

Story DLC? Possible, but I think that if they're going to do a side-story thing that another Shaolin Monks seems more possible.

The thing is not that Boon is exaggerating, but rather that we live in a day of information where things get spoiled, so again, something that may have already be spoiled to us (like Sheeva, Fujin and Ash) could have been planned as a surprise, initially.

Well, at least they know their limits when it comes to the garbage story mode. And as we all know, a man's got to know his limitations...

As for the big surprise, probably some new game mode for MK11. There's no way a new game can be pooped out when this one came out just 6 months ago, unless it's yet another Trilogy re-release-re-remaster. Probably KP2 announcement, some new game mode and/or movie tie-in.

I think we will probably get more DLC with Ash as the big guest fighter. I bet they will announce KP2 in April 2020 on the 1 year anniversary of the game.

I hope NRS is not trolling us with that leak audio.

I really doubt that it's trolling.
The intro lines were leaked a while ago for the 6 DLC from KP1, plus 3 more (Sheeva, Fujin and Ash Williams).

https://testyourmight.com/threads/these-are-the-dlcs-characters-intro-dialogs-spoilers.69540/

So far, ALL DLC lines are pretty much 100% on point.
There's 1 or 2 small changes like a Terminator unit model number or "Will you take me to Sarah Connor?" instead of "Will you take me to Cyberdyne Systems?" between Terminator and Johnny, but I've cross-checked ALL of the DLC lines for Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Terminator (on YouTube) and they are otherwise 100% on point, thus far.

Meaning that, unless I'm told otherwise by NRS that we're getting different characters for KP2, I have no reason to believe that the data mining isn't true.

EDIT:

The only questions that I have are (A) Will we see the same guest to MK character ratio for KP2 (B) If not, then who will be the other MK characters?

My guess for my B question (if it happens) is either Havik or Sareena, given that the "leak" that posted a bunch of story things being true also mentioned Sareena, and 1 Havik's konsumables was removed a while back in a similar fashion to how 1 of Starfire's Assists / Tower Modifiers was removed in Injustice 2.
I don't have much else to go on, beyond that, but just my $0.02 on it.

Last edited:
Apparently Friendships have been leaked. Newest update has them listed in the files for every character

Apparently Friendships have been leaked. Newest update has them listed in the files for every character

Sweet.
I wonder if this is also part of the "big news for Mortal Kombat" in 2020 that Ed spoke about in 1 of the Brazil Game Show interviews.

Wow... Guests messing with lore I couldn't care less as it ain't canon.

But Sindel lines...

If this is legit. Welp. I hope Sindel fans enjoyed the KIND and BENEVOLENT Queen.

This entire trilogy is already non-canon due to the mere presence of Guest Characters in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What are some ideas that they could do for friendships? I could see Terminator giving out roses to his opponent for a friendship.

What are some ideas that they could do for friendships? I could see Terminator giving out roses to his opponent for a friendship.

Cetrion: She makes a jacuzzi made of rocks and goes inside of it seductively while moaning.

Kitana: Dances around with her fans like a geisha.

Sindel: A karaoke machine and TV falls from the sky. Then she does karaoke and screams at the mic until the TV explodes.

Sonya: Marches around with her fellow soldiers.

Kano: Beats off and moans until the white stuff shoots out (censoring his manhood while he's turned around).

Cassie: The MK2 arcade machine falls from the sky. Then plays with the Mortal Kombat 2 arcade machine as Mileena (while Johnny Cage is the enemy in the arcade game).

Jaqcui: The MK2 arcade machine falls from the sky. Then plays with the Mortal Kombat 2 arcade machine as Reptile (while Jax is the enemy in the arcade game).

Johnny Cage: Plays with his own action figure and an action figure that is like his opponent of that specific battle. He plays like a little boy.

Jax: Gym equipment falls out from the sky and he starts to work out.

Frost: Freezes the floor and dances around like a figure skater on it.

Shao Kahn: Grabs one of his servants, ties him up, and whips him several times on his back through bondage and S&M.

Last edited:
Kano: Beats off and moans until the white stuff shoots out (censoring his manhood while he's turned around).

Shao Kahn: Grabs one of his servants, ties him up, and whips him several times on his back through bondage and S&M.

… yeah, I can definitely see those two making it into the game.

JC does a middle finger Nazi salute.
Shao Kahn combs his Orange hair and puts on a purple Make Outworld Great Again hat.
Jax takes out a loud speaker and tells you to get woke.
Kotal Kuck watches his queen getting banged.

We're getting the Deadpool back!!!

And the Soul Chamber.
I really didn't expect them to have 2 DLC / update stages, but I'll take 2 more free stages.

Kinda hope that this means that they'll patch in Stage Fatalities, too, for some of the existing stages in MK11, like they did with MKX's Kove and Refugee Kamp.
The Prehistoric stage and Kytinn Hive should have had stage finishers from day 1, imo.
Kind of weird that Kronika can launch the bullshit T-Rex at you, but you can't do a stage Fatality / Brutality where the T-Rex chops the opponent in half, ala the 1993 Jurassic Park toilet lawyer dude. Lol

EDIT:
Also, Raiden's announcer voice is confirmed via the same Dead Pool / Soul Chamber YouTube video.

Last edited: