Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Glad about what this means for WB / NRS / Mortal Kombat but saddened for what this means for my other favorite franchise: Dishonored.
If that franchise becomes exclusive, then it looks like Death Of The Outsider was the last Dishonored game for me. :(

PC & PS5 combo is best bet for this gen

Ahahaha. No. PS5 and Xbox can suck it. I lost the count of how many games had to be downgraded, just so consoles could keep up with them.

Also
Xbox Live Isn’t A Free Speech Platform, Says Phil Spencer

And Sony is on a censorship streak. No guidelines, no nothing. Animation style games are banned or censored, but TLOU 2 sex scenes are fine.

They both suck. The further they stay away from PC the better. They can take they exclusives with them as well.

If some of my favorite 3rd party game sequels and most of the games that I look forward to aren't going to also be on PS5, then no I'm not going to build another PC.
It's horseshit that a 3rd party developer is now first party, "so fvck you if you don't have our system."
The current PC build is my workhorse for the recording studio and business and I'm not building another machine just for gaming.

If some of my favorite 3rd party game sequels and most of the games that I look forward to aren't going to also be on PS5, then no I'm not going to build another PC.
It's horseshit that a 3rd party developer is now first party, "so fvck you if you don't have our system."
The current PC build is my workhorse for the recording studio and business and I'm not building another machine just for gaming.

I doubt Microsoft spent 7.5 billion just to keep bethesda games exclusive to xbox. IMO this is just Microsoft moving away from the console market much like Sega. Third party publishing is where the moneys at. PS5 will continue to get bethesda games but this time Microsoft gets a cut on all platforms. I'll be very surprised if we ever see another xbox after this coming generation. I'm sure xbox/Pc will (Most likely) get some exclusive games to promote xbox gamepass but Again I seriously doubt Microsoft would leave a huge install base like PlayStation/switch on the table.

Last edited:
I doubt Microsoft spent 7.5 billion just to keep bethesda games exclusive to xbox. IMO this is just Microsoft moving away from the console market much like Sega. Third party publishing is where the moneys at.

Don't know, and maybe it was just a knee-jerk reaction at the time, but I'll honestly probably end up going to wherever the games are.
Yeah, MS said they'd evaluate on a case by case basis, but if I can't get those games on a PS5 then I see what to do at that time.
DOOM, Dishonored, Prey, Fallout and Wolfenstein aren't games that I ever want to miss out on.

PS5 will continue to get bethesda games but this time Microsoft gets a cut on all platforms. I'll be very surprised if we ever see another xbox after this coming generation. I'm sure xbox/Pc will (Most likely) get some exclusive games to promote xbox gamepass but Again I seriously doubt Microsoft would leave a huge install base like PlayStation/switch on the table.

I'd like to think that that would be the case and that I can have BC AND play newer games made by those studios on the same console, but I never know anymore with these companies constantly trying to undercut each other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 0 faith in any company anymore.

Don't know, and maybe it was just a knee-jerk reaction at the time, but I'll honestly probably end up going to wherever the games are.
Yeah, MS said they'd evaluate on a case by case basis, but if I can't get those games on a PS5 then I see what to do at that time.
DOOM, Dishonored, Prey, Fallout and Wolfenstein aren't games that I ever want to miss out on.

I'd like to think that that would be the case and that I can have BC AND play newer games made by those studios on the same console, but I never know anymore with these companies constantly trying to undercut each other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 0 faith in any company anymore.

Just build a PC, or upgrade your current build. Nothing beats DOOM on it.

If you want that "living room" experience it's also 100% possible with PC. For example, I'm thinking about hooking up a miniPC to a TV. Perfect for YouTube, Media and some lower-end games. If it won't be powerful enough, I can stream from my main PC. Get wireless accessories or just use your current stuff and what is even the point of a console... Consoles are gimped PCs anyways, especially with this generation's architecture, so might as well just go full gamer mode.

Ah wait, there is one downside to PC....that's shitty MK ports that have a disk space requirement bigger than GTA5, while looking like rats ass. (MK11.....)

Last edited:
Ah wait, there is one downside to PC....that's shitty MK ports that have a disk space requirement bigger than GTA5, while looking like rats ass. (MK11.....)

There's this, plus WB publishing in general.
I think that 1 of the Arkham games ran like shit on PC and (unfortunately) there were issues with Dishonored 2 (also on PC) having issues with people saying that even though they had the latest video card that it would crash on them.
Meanwhile, on consoles those games have run without any issues, as far as I'm aware of.

PC (for the most part) is the way to go when it comes to gaming (I know that), but for the games that I play I'll stick to either the PS5 or XsX for next-gen, depending on if MS will do third party publishing and Microsoft just gets a cut on all platforms, like @lariat was saying.
If that's the case then getting a PS5 will be a non-issue for me, but if MS keeps Bethesda exclusive to Xbox and PC, then I'll re-think it.
Either way, there's no new NRS game that I'm interested that comes out on either, just yet, and there's still plenty of games that'll be cross-generational for the next year or so.
I'm in no rush to go next-gen, just yet, as I really have no reason to, but I'm just weighing out my options.

Nah. Sony exclusives are too good to pass up. PC for everything else tho

So keep the exclusives. I am completely fine with Consoles having exclusives. Gives value to having a console. My problem is that they make PC gaming stagnate, cause games on PC can't look better than consoles!

Would be amazing if consoles became a completely separate thing and we had PC exclusive games. But it won't happen, so have to watch them downgrade games, just so the "next gen" consoles can keep up. That and just shit like MK and Batman working on consoles, while PC ports are complete garbage. So why release on the fookin PC if it is too much effort to make them work?

So keep the exclusives. I am completely fine with Consoles having exclusives. Gives value to having a console. My problem is that they make PC gaming stagnate, cause games on PC can't look better than consoles!

Would be amazing if consoles became a completely separate thing and we had PC exclusive games. But it won't happen, so have to watch them downgrade games, just so the "next gen" consoles can keep up. That and just shit like MK and Batman working on consoles, while PC ports are complete garbage. So why release on the fookin PC if it is too much effort to make them work?
But PC is still missing Mario, Smash Bros, and Zelda. (Emulators don't count; if they did, then Billy Mitchell wouldn't be considered a cheater.)

Plus, the real definition of "downgraded" is a Game Boy and/or Game Gear port.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Would be amazing if consoles became a completely separate thing and we had PC exclusive games. But it won't happen,

Didn't Half life Alex get released last year on PC? As far as I know there's no console version of that game. There are a ton of indie and big budget games that still release on PC.

I still stick with consoles because they are easier to use. I normally use my PC for work and I can't use too much memory on my hardware for work. Anyways, I hope we will get a new KP announcement soon before the 30th. If I had to predict the line up for the next KP, it will probably be: Smoke, Havik, Cryax, Sektor, and one more guest fighter.

Didn't Half life Alex get released last year on PC? As far as I know there's no console version of that game. There are a ton of indie and big budget games that still release on PC.

Alyx was a pretty niche game since it's VR only. Half-Life as a whole is PC first. Tons of mods, community remakes like Black Mesa are stricly PC only.
- RTS. Too many to mention here.
- FPS and MMOs. Counter Strike Global Offensive, DOTA etc etc. Arena and Tactical FPS. Some of these games are available on consoles but due to controls, downgraded graphics, and 0 modding capabilities are simply inferior than PC versions.
- Thousands of indie games. Mordhau was my favorite, don't have time for it anymore.

PC's still treated like a 2nd class citizen by some publishers/developers, so it's not all peaches and cream.

Half Life: Alyx is VR only. Also yay! One exclusive game!

Big budget games? You mean the ones that either don't work or are downgraded to hell?

This is how it rolled for the past 10 years.

At first we had lots of Console exclusives and devs screaming "PC BAD, LOTS OF PIRACY."

Once they stopped being retarded and realized that people don't pirate for no reason, they started releasing the games.

"Game is coming on PC as well!"
"Yay!"
"It will be as good as consoles!"
"Yay!"

Launch day.

PC community.
"So that was a fookin lie."

It wasn't just Batman/MK series that had issues. Borderlands 3 literally melted your motherboard, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Dark Souls 1/2, Nier: Automata... I can go on. All of them leftovers, ported just for quick extra cash. Treating PC platform as some secondary cash inflow and then you have to listen to those morons whining "PC isn't as profitable!" Oh really? They still think they can just drop trash and make billions.

Now you have a generation of imbeciles defending these crappy launches. "But, but, but they fixed it! I mean it was just 1-3 years, but they fixed it! You should be happy!", "Day 1 issues are normal! Game Dev is hard!", "You should be happy that you got something!".

And people ask me, why I am nihilistic. I used to be hyped for games. Now it is just getting PC downgraded ports from consoles. Or we get CPU melting "anti-piracy" garbage like Denuvo. Good times!

I don't know... like... can we have ONE big budget game made with PC first in mind??? No? Ok. We literally have a decade + of PC just being demolished. If you actually look around, you can easily realize that being PC gamer sucks.

As for Indie games. Sure. There a lot of Indie Games with potential. Problem with Indie games, is that they tend to often be abandoned, very early in development and it takes years just to get to playable state or they are just a cheap asset flips. For one good playable game you have hundreds of broken ones. So yeah.

Yeah thats one of the reasons I can't go PC only. Too many shitty ports. Lot of cheaters too. Fighting games usually have much smaller playerbases on pc too. I hope more FG devs add crossplay tho like SFV has

I think Ed Boon seems to be tasing Rain as well on Twitter. If it is Rain, I guess they broken their "No DLC rule". However, I feel like enough time has passed that I'm okay with Rain being DLC again.

I think Ed Boon seems to be tasing Rain as well on Twitter. If it is Rain, I guess they broken their "No DLC rule". However, I feel like enough time has passed that I'm okay with Rain being DLC again.

I'm hoping it's really Nitara (the other possibly hinted character). She's been in vacation too long and it's almost Halloween. She's a vampire after all and it'd be a perfect time to show her around October.

I'm hoping it's really Nitara (the other possibly hinted character). She's been in vacation too long and it's almost Halloween. She's a vampire after all and it'd be a perfect time to show her around October.

Nitara is completely pointless now that Skarlett is what she is