Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

As someone who's wanted a playable Killer Croc since the first Injustice game and doesn't give 2 shits about Baraka in MK11, this will probably be the 3rd skin pack that I skip out on.

Friendship er....Fatalities confirmed! Joker broken SSS Tier confirmed! I'm sure sonicfox is creamin in his furry suit somewhere. Anyway I might play this when he drops for the new skins. Noob looks cool imo.

Last edited:
They are teasing friendships. What do you guys prefer. Friendships as in UMK3 or Friendships that turn out to be less friendly like in the Joker's trailer?

I don't think giving characters moves that other characters have would be a good idea. Even if that character isn't in the game. I mean we all saw how much flak Kira got for being a mix of Kano and Sonya.

Sareena's supposed to demon, so I think they can also give her demon form for a possible variation.

Oh yeah! That would be nice. Maybe she can transform like how character transform into beasts in Bloody Roar.

Every one of those skins are godlike. Joker looks cool too.
I was recently thinking about picking up Baraka and Noob, this 100% cemented them as new characters I'm learning lol

They are teasing friendships. What do you guys prefer. Friendships as in UMK3 or Friendships that turn out to be less friendly like in the Joker's trailer?

Both Babalities & Brutalities were reinvented in MK9 & MKX so in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we are currently being trolled right now and that we actually saw a Friendship in the trailer. Maybe they really will lead to fatalities. Otherwise, I'd think they would be something that causes more of an annoyance to the opponent rather than something random like Stryker helping people cross the stage.

Oh yas! Definitely the best playable character in this game for me! Cetrion and Kronika are my number 1 characters for me now in MK and in video game history. Jade is now in second place for me.

Thank you Mr. Boon and the rest of the NRS team for making MK11 exist and answering what we've been asking for. (Especially what I've been asking for.) Even though Jade didn't perform her fatalities the way how I wanted them to, she still had that low blow and the classic fatalities I want have returned as brutalities. Also, I feel that I've been answered by NRS regarding the woman in Jade's MK9 ending. They were Cetrion and Kronika. They might've not been the women in the MK9 ending but gameplay wise, they were somehow very similar to how I described and imagined them to be. Like I had a fatality idea where Jade is possessed and uses elements to kill her opponent. Then, bam! We have the gorgeous Cetrion. I also am glad that I feel I got what I wanted (times 2) because of Kronika being a separate character and as the FEMALE BOSS. I hope Kronika will be playable in the future and when she is, I hope she looks better (at least give her HAIR with even the same outfit and move sets) and should still be high in the tier list and not toned down so much like Shao Kahn. I also hope that if Cetrion and Kronika return in future games, their gameplay should get better while having similar fatalities they have attacking the crotch area some how (not toned down). I'm not asking for more about those 2 because they are near perfection as my favorite characters. That tendril grab of Cetrion is also excellent. The way the tentacles grope the opponent amazes me already while setting them on fire.

That Shao Kahn vertical impalement brutality also was an answer for me I believe. Thank you again NRS. ;)

Last edited:
Too bad The Joker's ending never explain on how he is in the MK universe. At least the Terminator's ending explain that he was sent by Skynet by mistake.

Too bad The Joker's ending never explain on how he is in the MK universe.

That ending is great. They used ultrapopular villain (heh, even more popular now thanks to recent movie) to promote obscure 3D era characters: Hotaru, Hsu Hao and Havik!

Plus, there is another hint for Havik to return in Kitana-Joker intro.

Last edited:
That ending is great. They used ultrapopular villain (heh, even more popular now thanks to recent movie) to promote obscure 3D era characters: Hotaru, Hsu Hao and Havik!

Plus, there is another hint for Havik to return in Kitana-Joker intro.

Not only that, Kitana basically confirms that Havik is alive and well, and not manure under Quan Chi's boot while we all thought after reading the comics.

Hopefully, his assist was removed from MK11 for a reason …

c'mon, Havik!

Not only that, Kitana basically confirms that Havik is alive and well, and not manure under Quan Chi's boot while we all thought after reading the comics.

c'mon, Havik!

IIRC, a similar thing happened with Starfire in Injustice 2. She initially had an assist, but it got removed.

I know Boon likes to troll but not including Havik (and Fujin!) atfer all those hints would be an utter dick move.

I'm afraid of Kombat Pack 2 being divided between 'safe' characters (Ermac, Reptile, Milenna) and guests.

At least they are not going to sell us as DLC remaing Kombat Kids... right? :/

I know Boon likes to troll but not including Havik (and Fujin!) atfer all those hints would be an utter dick move.

I'm afraid of Kombat Pack 2 being divided between 'safe' characters (Ermac, Reptile, Milenna) and guests.

At least they are not going to sell us as DLC remaing Kombat Kids... right? :/

I don't see any missing MKX character or any character that still has an assist in the character towers being DLC. NRS doesn't seem to make characters DLC if they were in the base roster of the last game. For instance, MKX didn't have any MK9 characters as DLC(not counting Triborg). Injustice 2 didn't have any IGAU characters as DLC. The three MK characters in MK11's KP1 are all ones that weren't playable in MKX. Fujin and Sheeva are rumored to be in KP2 and like Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel, weren't playable in MKX nor do they have assists. I think it's safe the say these will apply to whatever other MK characters that will be in KP2.

In regards to Mileena, in addition to already having an assist, Kitana already has a couple of her moves, plus one of her brutalties has her using Mileena's sais the same way Mileena uses them for one of her MK2 fatalities which was then used as a brutality in MKX. Ermac, Reptile, Rain and Smoke, Shang Tsung transforms into them for his moveset and three of his brutalities involve turning into those ninjas. And yes I know he also turns into Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Noob, but it's only during his fatal blow which is just a cinematic. And I don't think it's a coincidence that he only turns into the ninjas that are playable there whereas the missing ones are part of his actual moveset.