Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ok, so with "Gotham Knights" announcement, it is 3 out 5 things that were correct from that leak. So there is a chance we will see MK movie trailer.

More like there isn't enough respect from the fans for the klassic shit.

No, I meant what I said.
MK11 is littered with TONS of klassic stuff from MK1, II and 3/UMK3 and yet it's still not good enough for some of the people in this fanbase, as they are never happy and always need something to complain about.
19 klassic characters , 4 klassic stages (with 2 being revamps of them), klassic skins for all of the klassic characters (except maybe Kabal, but even he has one that's close enough), klassic Fatalities for all klassic characters via Brutalities and the return of Friendships.

Hell, it fcking happened with the Femme Fatale skins not too long ago, with people boo-hooing on reddit because they wanted other klassic skins or the typical "where are the UMK3 male ninja skins," despite already having some klassic MKII ninja skins.
It's the reason why I've said time and time again that NRS could have all 27 of the MK3 / UMK3 characters in a single game, and these fckers will never be happy because "_________ should have X skin" or some other complaint as to why the roster isn't good enough.

Shit, just a few months ago when Spawn came out, people were asking for Stryker on social media and reddit.
People knews that Sheeva was coming, the remaining male ninjas have less of a chance due to Shang Tsung and Ketchup & Mustard got the MKX Sindel, Baraka and Rain treatment.
So, who's their last beacon of klassic stuff?.... Stryker, a character who before MK9 people would have looked at you as if you came from another planet if you mentioned liking that particular MK3 character.

Last edited:
No, I meant what I said.
MK11 is littered with TONS of klassic stuff from MK1, II and 3/UMK3 and yet it's still not good enough for some of the people in this fanbase, as they are never happy and always need something to complain about.
19 klassic characters , 4 klassic stages (with 2 being revamps of them), klassic skins for all of the klassic characters (except maybe Kabal, but even he has one that's close enough), klassic Fatalities for all klassic characters via Brutalities and the return of Friendships.

Hell, it fcking happened with the Femme Fatale skins not too long ago, with people boo-hooing on reddit because they wanted other klassic skins or the typical "where are the UMK3 male ninja skins," despite already having some klassic MKII ninja skins.
It's the reason why I've said time and time again that NRS could have all 27 of the MK3 / UMK3 characters in a single game, and these fckers will never be happy because "_________ should have X skin" or some other complaint as to why the roster isn't good enough.

Shit, just a few months ago when Spawn came out, people were asking for Stryker on social media and reddit.
People knews that Sheeva was coming, the remaining male ninjas have less of a chance due to Shang Tsung and Ketchup & Mustard got the MKX Sindel, Baraka and Rain treatment.
So, who's their last beacon of klassic stuff?.... Stryker, a character who before MK9 people would have looked at you as if you came from another planet if you mentioned liking that particular MK3 character.
Well Ed Boon isn't helping matters by leaving tweets talking about re releasing MK9 with ggpo netcode. Trolling is one thing but come on.

Well Ed Boon isn't helping matters by leaving tweets talking about re releasing MK9 with ggpo netcode. Trolling is one thing but come on.

I agree that Boon isn't making matters any better with his Tweets, but my point is that every MK also can't be Trilogy / MK9, and for MKX and MK11 not being Trilogy roster games they still have a ton of klassic Trilogy and MK9 stuff in them, especially MK11.

EDIT:
Shit, just about 2/3 of the MK11 starting roster was from MK9.
15 out of 25 characters, and then they also added Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel and Sheeva.
Not counting Shao Kahn (because he wasn't playable in MK9) that's still 19 characters from MK9 out of the 28.

Last edited:
I agree that Boon isn't making matters any better with his Tweets, but my point is that every MK also can't be Trilogy / MK9, and for MKX and MK11 not being Trilogy roster games they still have a ton of klassic Trilogy and MK9 stuff in them, especially MK11.
I think the real problem isn't MK11 itself but the fact you can't get access to the classic games anymore. MK9 is only available on ps4 through streaming psnow subscription nevermind the fact that the PC version isn't available on steam. The original games MK1-UMK3 are nowhere to be found on consoles
I've beat this dead horse enough but you get my point.

I think the real problem isn't MK11 itself but the fact you can't get access to the classic games anymore. MK9 is only available on ps4 through streaming psnow subscription nevermind the fact that the PC version isn't available on steam. The original games MK1-UMK3 are nowhere to be found on consoles
That's proof that WB hates Mortal Kombat, and that WB hates Mortal Kombat fans.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I get that and I agree with you that the original arcade games should be made available, maybe by porting over the 360 / PS3 arcade kollection or another HD remaster for current gen.

That said, yes, part of the problem IS people requesting the same characters for MK11 because of "kustomization" or to "see them in a new game engine," which I can somewhat understand as a person who'd like to see more 3D era characters in this last MK9 thru MK11 timeline of games.
The thing is that it's the same 26 characters game after game, and in the last 2 MK games there were only 3 characters from MK9 that haven't been in either X or 11: Rain, Stryker and human Smoke.
Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Ermac and Mileena were all in MKX in some shape or form.
Not only that, but despite all of the klassic shit in MK11, it's never good enough because "why doesn't ___________ have ______ klassic costume" (for example).

Why do MK fans act like "too much klassic shit" is a problem that needs to be solved? Haven't they ever heard of "don't fix what's not broken?"

Why do MK fans act like "too much klassic shit" is a problem that needs to be solved? Haven't they ever heard of "don't fix what's not broken?"

Some people like to see other stuff making an appearance in MK games aside from the same 26 characters like 3D era characters and new characters being added, as well, but I guess fvck those people for ever wanting to see the lore & roster being expanded upon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't logged in for years, and you're still the most annoying member on here.

Stay gold, Tarkatan.

What I said is true! If WB truly liked MK and/or its fanbase, they would spam MK1-UMK3 onto every console generation, because those games are the very backbone of all things Mortal Kombat. MK1-UMK3 is the central reason WB bought the Mortal Kombat IP in the first place. In fact, MK1-UMK3 is the sole reason this site exists in the first place (since they were the only MK games that existed when this site was first established).

Last edited:
Some people like to see other stuff making an appearance in MK games aside from the same 26 characters like 3D era characters and new characters being added, as well, but I guess fvck those people for ever wanting to see the lore & roster being expanded upon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree. I mean in perfect world I would be fine with them adding all classic characters in the next installment, but then they could add the rest of the characters through expansions. The game could have 5 year support and could cover all of the characters. Instead of just making sequels.

Now that new game engines allow us to upgrade the engine of the existing game seamlessly, they could just make one MK game game last for almost a decade. Get all of the dosh from costumes and other stuff. Logically the time of constant sequels is over. A more successful business plan is updating the existing game.

I mean ask just how much GTA Online is making after all these years. Those guys are still swimming in enough cash to make Scrooge McDuck jealous. And a lot of other companies seem to adapt the same mindset.

Choosing supporting 1 game for 10 years over making sequels is Impure Gaming.

Plus, how is the plot supposed to move forward without sequels?

Choosing supporting 1 game for 10 years over making sequels is Impure Gaming.

Plus, how is the plot supposed to move forward without sequels?

Times change, you relic. World moves on and progresses (though can't say that about MK11, as it was made with outdated engine that is 15 years old.)

How plot is supposed to move? Hmmm.. How did Aftermath happened? Oh right. ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. a.k.a EXPANSIONS. It is 2020. Time to update your hard drives.

If companies weren't busy virtue signaling, monetizing everything that exists and hiring everyone with Gender Studies, this thing could be celebrated as the next step in Video Gaming. Games becoming into platforms with proper expansions and other additional content being added over time. And with tools like Unreal Engine introducing a seamless transition, this stuff just got better. You can have a game that was created on Unreal Engine 4 and then you can transition all of the assets to Unreal Engine 5, that is faster, stronger and better. Then it comes to games, there is a possibility that in the near future, we won't have any sequels for video games. It will be just 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 etc versions of the game.

And it is more cheaper and more profitable. You create a game, and then through additional content that gets fed into the game, you gather tons of cash and don't have to invest a f$ckton of money for a sequel. You can just keep making content for existing game. Boom.

We went from Arcade machines to Ever expanding games. That's what life is about. Ze change.

Last edited:
I agree. I mean in perfect world I would be fine with them adding all classic characters in the next installment, but then they could add the rest of the characters through expansions. The game could have 5 year support and could cover all of the characters. Instead of just making sequels.

Now that new game engines allow us to upgrade the engine of the existing game seamlessly, they could just make one MK game game last for almost a decade. Get all of the dosh from costumes and other stuff. Logically the time of constant sequels is over. A more successful business plan is updating the existing game.

I mean ask just how much GTA Online is making after all these years. Those guys are still swimming in enough cash to make Scrooge McDuck jealous. And a lot of other companies seem to adapt the same mindset.

Agreed, yeah, add the characters via expansions and tweak the gameplay and balancing issues as well.

I've thought about this as well, but a bit different.
Don't know how well something like this would work, but the ratio of characters could be adjusted to fit more of 1 class of characters or another, but....
Essentially, they could do the next game with 8 from the klassic games, 8 from the 3D era and another 8 new(er) like Takeda, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Kollector, etc, etc, etc...
From there on out they could do KPs that consist of more than 6 characters each (a few more klassic, a few more from 3D and another few from the newer era).

Sure, I know that guests also sell, but they could continually bring out characters (in spite of guests) and SLOWLY get in a bigger roster with longer support and giving the game more life instead of after 2 years just cutting the suppport cord and being like "OK, we're done, now onto ______ game."
This is probably some of the reasoning as to why the NRS games tend to die out when it comes to competitive play, because (aside from DLC) after the dev cycle is up the games stop being supported on the back end after year 2, as well.
I mean, MK9 is still the broken Cyrax (invisible bombs), Kabal and Mileena show featuring everyone else, right?
SFV is still adding DLC with season 5 and doing balancing, no?

Agreed, yeah, add the characters via expansions and tweak the gameplay and balancing issues as well.

I've thought about this as well, but a bit different.
Don't know how well something like this would work, but the ratio of characters could be adjusted to fit more of 1 class of characters or another, but....
Essentially, they could do the next game with 8 from the klassic games, 8 from the 3D era and another 8 new(er) like Takeda, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Kollector, etc, etc, etc...
From there on out they could do KPs that consist of more than 6 characters each (a few more klassic, a few more from 3D and another few from the newer era).

Sure, I know that guests also sell, but they could continually bring out characters (in spite of guests) and SLOWLY get in a bigger roster with longer support and giving the game more life instead of after 2 years just cutting the suppport cord and being like "OK, we're done, now onto ______ game."
This is probably some of the reasoning as to why the NRS games tend to die out when it comes to competitive play, because (aside from DLC) after the dev cycle is up the games stop being supported on the back end after year 2, as well.
I mean, MK9 is still the broken Cyrax (invisible bombs), Kabal and Mileena show featuring everyone else, right?
SFV is still adding DLC with season 5 and doing balancing, no?

SFV Season 4 was supposed to be the last one, but due our dear friend Corona here, they decided to make Season 5. You can clearly see that they didn't plan it at all. First Season announcement that has no gameplay trailers and just early game footage for Dan and the remaining characters being in Concept Art form.

All in all, Capcom will be clearly moving away from SFV. It failed to meet any of their financial expectations. They over monetized the game and broke tons of promises. By the time they introduced gabazilion outfits and additional content, the damage has already been done. Also it doesn't help they added ADS IN GAME.

Times change, you relic. World moves on and progresses (though can't say that about MK11, as it was made with outdated engine that is 15 years old.)

How plot is supposed to move? Hmmm.. How did Aftermath happened? Oh right. ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. a.k.a EXPANSIONS. It is 2020. Time to update your hard drives.

If companies weren't busy virtue signaling, monetizing everything that exists and hiring everyone with Gender Studies, this thing could be celebrated as the next step in Video Gaming. Games becoming into platforms with proper expansions and other additional content being added over time. And with tools like Unreal Engine introducing a seamless transition, this stuff just got better. You can have a game that was created on Unreal Engine 4 and then you can transition all of the assets to Unreal Engine 5, that is faster, stronger and better. Then it comes to games, there is a possibility that in the near future, we won't have any sequels for video games. It will be just 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 etc versions of the game.

And it is more cheaper and more profitable. You create a game, and then through additional content that gets fed into the game, you gather tons of cash and don't have to invest a f$ckton of money for a sequel. You can just keep making content for existing game. Boom.

We went from Arcade machines to Ever expanding games. That's what life is about. Ze change.

What doesn't change is the fact that purists and traditional gaming are superior to non-purists and modern gaming!

SFV Season 4 was supposed to be the last one, but due our dear friend Corona here, they decided to make Season 5. You can clearly see that they didn't plan it at all. First Season announcement that has no gameplay trailers and just early game footage for Dan and the remaining characters being in Concept Art form.

All in all, Capcom will be clearly moving away from SFV. It failed to meet any of their financial expectations. They over monetized the game and broke tons of promises. By the time they introduced gabazilion outfits and additional content, the damage has already been done. Also it doesn't help they added ADS IN GAME.

True, but my point was that SFV had support for almost 3 years.
If NRS applies themselves better for MK12 (and there's also no pandemic during that time), they could do a game that lasts for a while and can be updated with Unreal 4, 5 and so on.
I mean, couldn't they essentially do that if they wanted to with the next Injustice game and keep adding characters to the roster if they use the next Unreal engine?

EDIT:
Either way, I think that that's what the Aftermath expansion was testing out, to see if people would be fine with adding story expansions and things like that in the future to their fighting games.

Last edited:
True, but my point was that SFV had support for almost 3 years.
If NRS applies themselves better for MK12 (and there's also no pandemic during that time), they could do a game that lasts for a while and can be updated with Unreal 4, 5 and so on.
I mean, couldn't they essentially do that if they wanted to with the next Injustice game and keep adding characters to the roster if they use the next Unreal engine?

EDIT:
Either way, I think that that's what the Aftermath expansion was testing out, to see if people would be fine with adding story expansions and things like that in the future to their fighting games.
New story = new title/sequel. It's worked that way with books, films, and TV shows since the beginning of recorded human history, it's worked with video games during the entire 50 year history of video games, and it's for this reason that the same should continue to apply to video games until the end of time.