Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If you look at the files for MKX you'll see that nearly if not all of the newcomers files are codenames, eg cage-junior or something like that (don't have access to it at the minute) it's more than likely the case for these achievements we're guessing at and when the game ships if we investigate the files we'll probably find the same thing again. As for why they don't change them, it's a risky change in game development to start doing that in case you miss one file or forget to change the text in the code and cause bugs and stuff, it's just unnecessary so they don't bother

If that's true then forgive my misconception.

But what I'm confused about is you say you're in the old school as well but you can't relate to Kronika, asuming this is indeed her motives. Why?

Just cause I am old school doesn't mean I want everything to remain the same. I believe in respecting and maintaining the core material, but also improving it and adding new things. If necessary sometimes even going all crazy on changes. But never something that could change the very core. That shit is sacred.

Kronika sounds like someone, that can't see the good in change. She had this original vision, but this pesky Raiden went and changed everything. The fact that Geras considers Kombat Kids existence as a huge anomaly (to the point that it defies the fate), it pretty much makes it clear, that both Geras and Kronika consider original timeline as something sacred. No changes allowed.

Hence her extremism. Instead of trying to compromise with what she has, she is bent on reseting everything. Full wipe. Original or nothing.

Last edited:
Imagine if they ed around with the timeline stuff so much that it turned out the 'real' boss, the person manipulating Kronika, was Zombie Liu Kang, working on behalf of Revenant Liu Kang, but he'd gone rogue and so the final fight was between Revenant Kitana & Liu Kang (tag team) vs. Zombie Liu Kang (complete with his chains), and we had to believe that this idiot kung fu zombie was somehow powerful enough to blackmail the goddess of time.

If One Being can influence Shinnok, he can probably influence Kronika too.

Depends on how big the MK universe is. If NRS were to expand with MK, like with Injustice 2. They can easily go the "different timelines/dimensions/universes" path. They could easily make Kronika above One Being then.

Ah, but while I was writing this, I just realized. Kronika is obssessed with this particular timeline, so she can't be that much above. If she was able to see different universes, then she wouldn't care so much about one pesky timeline.

Hmmm... Maybe Raiden really messed up something, that changes the very rules of existence. Maybe I was right with my first theory, but just got it backwards.

Kronika might be panicking as Raiden's change in timeline, could create a domino effect and cause a fracture in space and time, giving birth to infinite new timelines/universes. If that happens, One Being can forget about ever becoming whole again. No matter how long he will wage the war or who he will influence. Only eternity will await him.

Because if there is now "Original Timeline" and then there is "New Timeline", why can't there be more of them?

It's too bad Mythbusters is done for good. Now that would've been entertaining. As for this, the best thing about it is the comment section.

Imagine if they ed around with the timeline stuff so much that it turned out the 'real' boss, the person manipulating Kronika, was Zombie Liu Kang, working on behalf of Revenant Liu Kang, but he'd gone rogue and so the final fight was between Revenant Kitana & Liu Kang (tag team) vs. Zombie Liu Kang (complete with his chains), and we had to believe that this idiot kung fu zombie was somehow powerful enough to blackmail the goddess of time.

Then Kotal comes in and head butts everyone. Instant bigger than big boss.

I think Kotal is going to be one of the most memorable MK11 characters. Imagine customizing his specials with totems and blood magic etc.

Hooks are ok, he owned a bunch of Tarkatans with them. It's that wooden sword he needs to abuse more. War God was amazing.

Who do you guys think Kotal's enforcers/minions will be in story mode this time around? Obviously it won't be D'Vorah because she betrayed him and was working for Shinnok, and we don't know whether Reptile is coming back. Presumably Ermac isn't.

Any suggestions? What will Kotal's sub-plot be?