Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

What if the line up for Season 2 ends up being like this

Fujin
Sheeva
Onaga
Sareena
Ash
Guest fighter

Then I'll realistically probably see myself only buying 2 characters out of that whole KP: Fujin and Sareena ('bout fuggin' time for both), unless they can do something to impress me with an amazing revamp for Sheeva and Onaga (never previously cared for those 2).

Replace the 5th guest with Havik and it'll be solid for me.

While I never buy season passes for MK games, if KP2 turned out to be a 5 to 1 ratio of MK to guest characters in it, I'd highly consider buying it.
This whole 50/50 MK to guest character ratio just doesn't make it worth it for me to get the whole KP, as it stands.

Only reason I buy the KPs is for the "early access"
I only ever use 1-2 characters out of the whole pack anyway.

I still haven't tried Shang yet lol

What if the line up for Season 2 ends up being like this

Fujin
Sheeva
Onaga
Sareena
Ash
Guest fighter

I hope it's more like this...

Fujin
LI MEI
Onaga
Sareena
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
HAVIK

Season 3:
Takeda
Taven
Daegon
Khameleon
Ashrah
Kung Jin

Season 4:
KRONIKA (Please have her be playable and God Tier!)
Shao Kahn
Mileena (Most requested.)
Rain (Most requested.)
Kai
Nitara

Last edited:
I could see how "Early access" can be a reason to get it for others and I get also understand the marketing strategy from their point, as well, but for me it just seems useless, given that since MKX they've had Trial Towers.
So, for the whole week I can still try out the character for free.
Yes, I know, it's a limited version of the character, but still a free trial.

I know that it may seem like a silly notion to some, but (to me), it kinda breaks the MK immersion to be fighting against Shang, Nightwolf, Sindel (future DLC) and Sheeva (future / leaked DLC) and then Terminator, Spawn, Joker or Ash show up.

Fujin
LI MEI
Onaga
Sareena
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
HAVIK

Season 3:
Takeda
Taven
Daegon
Khameleon
Ashrah
Kung Jin

Season 4:
Shao Kahn

Rain (Most requested.)
Kai
Nitara

For starters, Shao Kahn is already purchasable, and was a free preorder bonus. Preorder bonii don't go on Seasonal DLCs.

As for Kronika? Characters with SNK Boss Syndrome should not be playable under any circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

As for Kronika? Characters with SNK Boss Syndrome should not be playable under any circumstances.

So, then, how do you feel about Shao Kahn being playable?
Because, I know lots of other people who also think that he had SNK Boss Syndrome / "cheap" Boss syndrome, prior to MK11, and yet here we are.

It blows my mind that anyone would want Kronika playable. She's easily the most generic boss in MK history. Off the top of your head, can you remember any of her attacks?

Because, I know lots of other people who also think that he had SNK Boss Syndrome / "cheap" Boss syndrome, prior to MK11, and yet here we are.
He's not a boss in this game. Kronika is.

Shao Kahn does not have SNK Boss Syndrome in this game. Kronika does.

You're talking about MK2, MK3, and MK9 Shao Kahn.

It blows my mind that anyone would want Kronika playable. She's easily the most generic boss in MK history. Off the top of your head, can you remember any of her attacks?

Her T-Rex launch (that took me off guard the first time :laugh:), the 3 orbs that cause time to rewind and you take damage from it and the bubble / Jacqui-like dome that she throws out.

He's not a boss in this game. Kronika is.

Shao Kahn does not have SNK Boss Syndrome in this game. Kronika does.

You're talking about MK2, MK3, and MK9 Shao Kahn.

Yes, but my point was that at various times in MKII, MK3 and MK9 he had "SNK Boss Syndrome" and yet he's playable in MK11.
Just because people want a boss to be playable doesn't mean they want a playable "SNK Syndrome" Boss.
People could simply be wanting an MKX Shinnok or MK11 Shao Kahn playable version of that said Boss, which is properly balanced / on the same playing field as the rest of the roster.

Btw, I don't personally want her playable, personally.

If online/tournament play is involved, bosses with SNK Boss Syndrome are the absolute last characters who should be playable. How else do you explain Jinpachi being playable exclusively offline in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, or better yet, Akuma being banned from tournaments in SSF2T? If I'm not mistaken, Capcom even went as far as disabling Akuma from online ranked mode in that same game on an early 30th Anniversary Collection patch.

Her T-Rex launch (that took me off guard the first time :laugh:), the 3 orbs that cause time to rewind and you take damage from it and the bubble / Jacqui-like dome that she throws out.

Yes, but my point was that at various times in MKII, MK3 and MK9 he had "SNK Boss Syndrome" and yet he's playable in MK11.
Just because people want a boss to be playable doesn't mean they want a playable "SNK Syndrome" Boss.
People could simply be wanting an MKX Shinnok or MK11 Shao Kahn playable version of that said Boss, which is properly balanced / on the same playing field as the rest of the roster.

Btw, I don't personally want her playable, personally.

He's talking about currently broken bosses. Things like Motaro in MK3, not things like Quan Chi in MK5

He's talking about currently broken bosses. Things like Motaro in MK3, not things like Quan Chi in MK5

Yes, and my point is that a previously broken boss like MKII and MK3 Shao Kahn can become playable if NRS balances them out with the rest of the roster and doesn't make them an OP character.
Hence, my remark about MK11 Shao Kahn, who used to be a broken type of boss character during the Trilogy era and is now a balanced and playable character in MK11.
I'm not saying that bosses in their broken from should be playable.

Fujin
LI MEI
Onaga
Sareena
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
HAVIK

Season 3:
Takeda
Taven
Daegon
Khameleon
Ashrah
Kung Jin

Season 4:
Shao Kahn
Rain (Most requested.)
Kai
Nitara

I wouldn't count on any more than two seasons. After season 2, NRS will likely be focusing on their next game.

There is just one problem. Shao Kahn actually has a proper backstory and personality.

Kronika is a blank slate. Aside being cheaply thrown in, as a mastermind behind everything, and being the first female villain, she has nothing to show.

EDIT: Even her design is lazy.

Last edited:
Reptile also started as a blank slate character in MK1 until MKII, so I don't see why any character can't be further developed, but whatever.
I've probably already given more attention to a character that probably won't matter in MK12, anyways.

Reptile also started as a blank slate character in MK1 until MKII, so I don't see why any character can't be further developed, but whatever.
I've probably already given more attention to a character that probably won't matter in MK12, anyways.

Nah ah, homie. This 2019. That excuse won't work. Reptile started as a color swapped ninja in a limited, 2D sprite based game almost 30 years ago. The game's lore wasn't even fleshed out.
But this is MK11 now. 2019. They suddenly introduce a character with no build up and claim that this character engineered all of the events up to this point and gave her the most laziest design, just to have a box checked.

If she was at least mentioned in previous MK titles, I wouldn't give her that much shit, but she was literally shoehorned at the last second. Even devs admitted that if I remember correctly. They had a different villain planned, and then changed it to Kronika, so she could be the first female villain. Point is. Can she be made into a playable character? Sure, she is part of the lore.. Does she deserve that? In my opinion? Hell no.

Eh. But again. It doesn't even matter, anymore. MK's lore is garbage at this point. They wrote such shit, that they themselves just pressed "RESET" button and left it to burn.

I take Kronika over MKA Blaze. Blaze's design and gameplay in MKA was so bad that I found myself laughing on how goofy and bad it was.

Yes and unfortunately, they made him extremely weaker. I hope that will not be the case with Kronika. I love playing as cheap bosses (one of the reasons why I love playing as Orochi and O. Rugal in KOF98UM).