Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Yes I am drunken a bit but still I have to say it out loud for once...

Reptile not getting any love by Boon and Co and by the new generation fans is making me sick.

Reptile was, is and always be iconic for being the original secret character and 3rd ninja... and of course for his amazing potrayal in the GOAT movie.

But what have they done... Since 4 they try hard to make him a reptile... Yeah i got he is one... But the amazing thing was still that he was disguised as human... Instead they went even further in Deadly Alliance making him look like shit. Call me crazy... But for me a fighter named Reptile using a disguise as human is far more better than a fighter namked Reptile who even looks like a Reptile.

Why isn't Scorpion as Scorpion or Rain a raincloud? Come on.

But they had to correct it in MK 2011 and X... But now they again tried in the reboot to make him reptilian looking, which I have to admit looked far better, instead of going back to his true story... On top of that he is an absolute jobber in the stories and with all this mixed no one cared about him that much. He was the least used person in MK2011 and X... And that's how they destroyed an icon.

All other ninjas got more love in their redesigns and yeah even in the story like for example Smoke, who got an whole chapter, and of coruse Noob Saibot. Ermac and Rain are debateable but still they look true to themselves while still very unique.... And hell even Tremor looks far better and was potrayed far better.

So why Boon and Co doesn't understand what people liked about Reptile and how iconic he actually is instead of making him a mindless reptilian looking creature with no story purpose?

And with MK11 we have reached the top... He isn't even there!!! In Deception they tried to give us a reason but now... Nope nothing... Instead we get all of the Special Boring Forces

They were setting up a great story in MKX with Reptile. Him and Kotal really cared for one another in the comics. Kotal saved Reptile's life from Shao Kahn. And some of the endings in MKX were hinting that Outworld would be the protagonists in a war with Earthrealm. Reptile was finally going to be a main star. Now he's nowhere to be seen smh

It is what it is, while I wouldn't mind his inclusion, it's fine if he sits out a game. While him being in Kotal's crew was nice he wasn't really doing much outside of that.

Yes I am drunken a bit but still I have to say it out loud for once...

Reptile not getting any love by Boon and Co and by the new generation fans is making me sick.

Reptile was, is and always be iconic for being the original secret character and 3rd ninja... and of course for his amazing potrayal in the GOAT movie.

But what have they done... Since 4 they try hard to make him a reptile... Yeah i got he is one... But the amazing thing was still that he was disguised as human... Instead they went even further in Deadly Alliance making him look like shit. Call me crazy... But for me a fighter named Reptile using a disguise as human is far more better than a fighter namked Reptile who even looks like a Reptile.

Why isn't Scorpion as Scorpion or Rain a raincloud? Come on.

But they had to correct it in MK 2011 and X... But now they again tried in the reboot to make him reptilian looking, which I have to admit looked far better, instead of going back to his true story... On top of that he is an absolute jobber in the stories and with all this mixed no one cared about him that much. He was the least used person in MK2011 and X... And that's how they destroyed an icon.

All other ninjas got more love in their redesigns and yeah even in the story like for example Smoke, who got an whole chapter, and of coruse Noob Saibot. Ermac and Rain are debateable but still they look true to themselves while still very unique.... And hell even Tremor looks far better and was potrayed far better.

So why Boon and Co doesn't understand what people liked about Reptile and how iconic he actually is instead of making him a mindless reptilian looking creature with no story purpose?

And with MK11 we have reached the top... He isn't even there!!! In Deception they tried to give us a reason but now... Nope nothing... Instead we get all of the Special Boring Forces

Theyre completely lazy and unimaginative when it comes to Reptile. Period. I mean we saw in MK X with his variations. And I dont know why they made him such a jobber all of a sudden.... I cant believe we got Kano again (who at the bottom in BOTH MK 9 and MK X) yet Reptile is gone. Nobody cared for Johnny Cage up until MKX when he was shoved down our throats. People always liked Reptile. I personally prefer Reptile to be a reptile than a "human". We have enough of those. These fairweather fans can drink lava though no one cares about them.

It is what it is, while I wouldn't mind his inclusion, it's fine if he sits out a game. While him being in Kotal's crew was nice he wasn't really doing much outside of that.

Its not fine when they include characters nobody asked for. They intentionally shun certain characters to make others look good. Like I previously stated, Johnny Cage was never that popular up until X. Fans didnt ask for that. They forced that shit. Because THEY like him. Its bullshit.

Question:
Has NRS addressed any other concerns that were tabled (by certain streamers and pro players), regarding the MK11's apparent "limited" gameplay variety / "red tape" clogging up its combo system (from being more creativity orientated)...?

Also, has there been any mention of the offline component of the game, in terms of the customisation content -- i.e., whether the pertaining functionality will be locked to the player-1 side [only], as it was in Injustice 2?

NB: I haven't been watching all the AMA's etc., since a couple of "Kombat Kasts" ago, and the only audience questions I heard proffered at the recent presentation (Noob / Tsung reveals), were of the frivolous "who's in the DLC" and "who's your favourite character" kind.

:stupido3:

Gears will probably be the only unlockable character in MK11 seeing how he is a sub-boss. I feel like that you can unlock him by beating the story mode or defeating any Arcade ladder.

Its not fine when they include characters nobody asked for. They intentionally shun certain characters to make others look good. Like I previously stated, Johnny Cage was never that popular up until X. Fans didnt ask for that. They forced that shit. Because THEY like him. Its bullshit.

Don't put other characters down just because a character you like isn't in, yea they pushed Johnny in X, but it's honestly the best development he's gotten in years and it was very much welcomed by fans.

Johnny Cage wasn't popular? He's always been one of the more popular characters, this is a series with a lot of characters that people love. Saying nobody liked him doesn't prove your point it actually makes it so it's harder to take you seriously. I was never a huge JC fan but I know a ton of people who always loved him, yeah he got more story focus in MKX but he was popular long before that.

Maybe they are doing the whole Reptile is evolving storyline again for a post-credit cutscene.

I have never, ever, heard of canon evidence for this. The only source about it was a wikia article about Mortal Kombat Conquest, which obviously doesn't count. If this exists in any game or something, then there's one thing I've never seen in all those years of MK.

I mean, Reptile is a reptile. He has never been human or evolving/devolving. It was just technology at the time, and MK:DA was a way they thought it would be better for him, but it wasn't. That's why Armageddon came back with the style that started in MK4.

Also, I think they have chosen that design for MK:DA due Onaga's original form. Glad they changed that, he looked like a huge frog!

I thought that was his story in DA? That he slowly devolves the longer he's away from his realm

Imma do some research

I can't find it. Even watched a whole playthrough of his Conquest mode. I know I've read that somewhere though. Unfortunately a lot of Deadly Alliance's info isn't well kept on the internet.

I can't find it. Even watched a whole playthrough of his Conquest mode. I know I've read that somewhere though. Unfortunately a lot of Deadly Alliance's info isn't well kept on the internet.

I have never seen a reliable source for this, but that was the story. But the Conquest I meant wasn't the Konquest. It was that show with Great Kung Lao, Taja, Siro, etc. That's the source used to backup this theory, because there was a reptile queen there, etc.

I have never seen a reliable source for this, but that was the story. But the Conquest I meant wasn't the Konquest. It was that show with Great Kung Lao, Taja, Siro, etc. That's the source used to backup this theory, because there was a reptile queen there, etc.

Oh I know what you meant. I just now that the Konquest mode has a lot of lore that's often overlooked. When I was a kid, I mostly mashed through all the text lol

If I remember correctly, there was something you unlocked in the krypt that was a concept art piece called the devolution of reptile showing his MK2, MK4 and DA appearances. Don't remember which game that was from though. I also can definitely remember reading something in one of the bios that said the longer he's away from his realm the more reptilian he becomes.

Edit: Taken from mortal kombat fandom.com under Reptile in MK:Deception "It is described in an unlockable photo of Reptile's home realm Zaterra that members of his race can lose their humanoid appearance when separated for long periods of time from their monarchical leader; given the fact that this authority figure - like most of his people - were most likely wiped out centuries ago by Shao Kahn, the fact that Reptile did not start to 'devolve' until after he assumed his master was killed at the end of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and his race's natural camouflage ability to look like normal humans, it's more likely that Reptile's 'devolution' was a result of his increasingly maddening state overriding what mental capacity was required to maintain his human guise instead of a physical metamorphosis into a prior state of evolution."

Last edited:

I remember it too. I'll have to bust out the ps2 but I'm pretty sure it was the character bio or perhaps concept art explaining that.