Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

She was also killed off in the story mode. I'm not sure how they would have handled her in the story for MK11 unless they made her into a revenant.

And so was Baraka...
And it's not like we have timeline stuff ongoing with multiple timeline versions.

As if Mortal Kombat is the only type of franchise that pull bs powers out of nowhere to defeat an insanely powerful enemy. Not saying folks gotta like how it was written but that's the damn reality. It happens often in anime/mangas where the protagonist will out of the blue will either gained an ability on the fly or have power hidden within them to defeat the big bad. I'm not arguing that the delivery of how Johnny and Cassie defeated Shinnok, but the reality that they did defeat him. Also The Green Halo while existing in the old timeline was fully established in the current timeline especially in Johnny's MK9 ending. Therefore it's not an ass pull but something the creators have given to Johnny and please lets not use the Sindel situation as an excuse. That entire scene made ZERO sense and it angers me to this day, but since it's within the story I accept it. Regardless of how powerful Shinnok was in MKX especially when he fought Cassie. The story was written for Cassie to win since she had the power to do so

Man, the hypocrisy in this tweet... Sindel doesn't make sense! But Cassie was written to win and she had power to do so (yet didn't even leave a sratch on Shinnok, before she got Green Halo). Yeah cause one of the most powerful Edenians, being rejuvenated and enhanced by Shao Kahn's magic, doesn't make sense. Sure.

Here is a difference. Sindel is shown to be made stronger at the cost of Shang Tsung. Lin Kuei soldiers attack the Defenders, wear them out and then she comes banging. A banshee on steroids. Made more sense than your Cassie and Johnny op powers. And I will use it, cause it has way better writing, that actually establishes something.

was fully established in the current timeline especially in Johnny's MK9 ending.

It doesn't establish jack of shit. By that logic, that goddess in Jade's ending is also canon. They don't even reference that ending in MKX. They literally just took one of the endings and used them as a base concept for a new story.

The only way, I would have bought that Johnny or Cassie were able to defeat Shinnok, is if they would HAVE acknowledged the MK9 ending. If they showed Shinnok's invasion happening and let's say Johnny came back from Orderrealm in the heat of battle, all trained and powerful. Sure. THAT makes sense and holy shit it would have been so much better, when it comes to writing. But that MK9 ending is not acknowledged, hence it didn't establish shit, as Johnny was as surprised to see that power up as everyone.

As if Mortal Kombat is the only type of franchise that pull bs powers out of nowhere to defeat an insanely powerful enemy. Not saying folks gotta like how it was written but that's the damn reality.

Yeah. The laziest excuse ever. "Others do it too!". Hence why current MK quality is average at best. But again. That's their thing, they write and make up story on the go (that was confirmed by Boon in the interview), and I can't say shit to them, nor I want to. If they want to write same shit over and over and keep putting themselves in dead ends. Be my guest.

That excuse of "game is not supposed to be taken seriously" can only last for so long. Being something not serious, doesn't stop you from progress towards better more refined story telling. Hence why we have garbage comedy movies and comedy golds.

Well if you don't like that's a problem you have I see no issue with Cassie and her father's green halo power. It's honestly pathetic that people are still even upset about that like move on already. I'm going to laugh my ass off if Cassie and Jacqui end up defeating Kronika in MK11 just to see the fanboys rage

Well if you don't like that's a problem you have I see no issue with Cassie and her father's green halo power. It's honestly pathetic that people are still even upset about that like move on already. I'm going to laugh my ass off if Cassie and Jacqui end up defeating Kronika in MK11 just to see the fanboys rage

It seems you're confused. I don't think anybody is stuck on MKX ending. Point is. It doesn't matter if you will bring it up now or later in the future, it still sucks for people (I am not talking about everyone). So your argument makes no sense about "moving on".

Anyway. It doesn't matter who defeats Kronika. (technically everyone defeats Kronika, thanks to arcade ladder). If it is done in a cheap way, then it won't matter if the very damn Liu Kang beat her. It will still be shit.

Last edited:
So yeah. Gohan was anything but Mary Sue. That was a bad example. Gohan's road to becoming SSJ2 was filled with challenges and failures. He literally had to watch his friend's head get crushed, to get the final piece. He had to SACRIFICE something.

Did Johnny Cage had to sacrifice something for that power? No. Did Cassie? No. Hence. The Mary Sue.

So duid Cassie's she suffered from numerous loses also Gohan only knew 16 for like 5 days and you don't know what the would sacrifice means because Gohan didn't sacrifice anything 16 SACRIFICED himself so by your logic Gohan is a Mary Sue

So duid Cassie's she suffered from numerous loses also Gohan only knew 16 for like 5 days and you don't know what the would sacrifice means because Gohan didn't sacrifice anything 16 SACRIFICED himself so by your logic Gohan is a Mary Sue

Man, this is easy.

numerous
/ˈnjuːm(ə)rəs/
adjective
great in number; many.

She was beaten only once. By Sub Zero at the beginning of the game. And that loss, was used as some sort of "lesson". She didn't lose a single friend or relative. Wasn't beaten by the Shinnok and forced to retreat, so she can regroup (being captured is not a loss, just for the record). Nah. She gets punched, gets up, gets power up. Bam. Cheap plot armor for the win.

Also I really don't wish to talk about DBZ in MK11 thread.

So, just gonna point this out in a short way. It is anime and Japanese culture. They are very friendly people and they depict that in their works. Friendship doesn't need to last for years, to be strong. 16 showed Gohan that he was a kind entity that valued all life and their bonded pretty quickly as Gohan shared same values for being gentle and caring.

Gohan's doubt and refusal to fight, caused 16 to use drastic measures. As Gohan refused to fight Cell to death, as he believed all life is sacred (even Cell). 16 changed his mind, and through his death, made Gohan sacrifice his innocence, so he would kill Cell for the sake of all life.

So yeah. I don't think you grasp the actual meaning or even remember what happened. Do some research man.

Either way I don't wanna sidetrack the topic anymore. You believe everything is fine with the story and game and I believe it is mediocre. I say, let's agree to disagree and stop wasting each other's time with things that won't change, no matter what.

Man, this is easy.

numerous
/ˈnjuːm(ə)rəs/
adjective
great in number; many.

She was beaten only once. By Sub Zero at the beginning of the game. And that loss, was used as some sort of "lesson". She didn't lose a single friend or relative. Wasn't beaten by the Shinnok and forced to retreat, so she can regroup (being captured is not a loss, just for the record). Nah. She gets punched, gets up, gets power up. Bam. Cheap plot armor for the win.

Wow that sacrafice comment really got to you huh champ also she also got captured by Kotal Khan

Also I really don't wish to talk about DBZ in MK11 thread.

So, just gonna point this out in a short way. It is anime and Japanese culture. They are very friendly people and they depict that in their works. Friendship doesn't need to last for years, to be strong. 16 showed Gohan that he was a kind entity that valued all life and their bonded pretty quickly as Gohan shared same values for being gentle and caring..

Sounds like an excuse for bad writing.

Gohan's doubt and refusal to fight, caused 16 to use drastic measures. As Gohan refused to fight Cell to death, as he believed all life is sacred (even Cell). 16 changed his mind, and through his death, made Gohan sacrifice his innocence, so he would kill Cell for the sake of all life.

What do you mean by innocence Gohan got y for a couple of episodes and reverted back to his previous personality after the fight, not really a sacrifice. And again if you mean that Gohan sacrificed his innocence in the last post then actually mention it, I not a mind reader dude.

So yeah. I don't think you grasp the actual meaning or even remember what happened. Do some research man.

No I grasp it just fine its you that don't know how to put your thoughts into writing and later act condescending when people don't get what you are saying because you leave stuff out.

Talk about a joke I read on twitter:

The Mileena fan base ain’t having it

:rofl:

The outrage is real xD

I'm sorry to Mileena fans but a lot of us had they're favorite sit out. Some way worse than others and Mileena has been in more often.

Besides, if there's only one character you care about then you probably should move on :/

I saw someone say, "this is the ultimate insult to us fans." Referring to the entire MK fan base lol

The outrage is real xD

I'm sorry to Mileena fans but a lot of us had they're favorite sit out. Some way worse than others and Mileena has been in more often.

Besides, if there's only one character you care about then you probably should move on :/

I saw someone say, "this is the ultimate insult to us fans." Referring to the entire MK fan base lol

I mained Mileena and Kenshi in MKX and it looks like nether are returning in mk 11. It's funny because I mained Zod and Killer frost in injustice 1 yet nether character showed up in the sequel to that game ether. NRS have a track record of gutting half the cast and dangling the carrot much like they did with rain, sareena, baraka, frost and sindel players in MKX. People should be used to this by now.

Talk about a joke I read on twitter:

The Mileena fan base ain’t having it

:rofl:

I think one problem is some people kept being rude and were asking for characters at inappropriate times. Such as when Luke Perry had passed and Boon was paying respects on his Twitter, people were harassing him about Mileena then.

I think one problem is some people kept being rude and were asking for characters at inappropriate times. Such as when Luke Perry had passed and Boon was paying respects on his Twitter, people were harassing him about Mileena then.
The "rude" bar was already set by that Reiko dude.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Some guy on reddit already has the game (reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bdhrca/got_it_early_anything_you_wanna_know/) and I doubt he is the only one so the spoilers will probably start to come out soon. People who don't want to be spoiled should be careful now.

Character select screen and Frost:
Spoiler:
ikoSMCC.jpg

It looks like Frost is the unlockable character
wnrNIxc.jpg

Last edited:
And people were complaining about how she looked in the leaked posts

I was optimistic about how she would look at the end of the day.

And people were complaining about how she looked in the leaked posts

I was optimistic about how she would look at the end of the day.

For a good reason. And as for this, not surprised that people also don't buy it. I mean... this is bare bones job. But hey. YOU guys are happy, so that's great for you.