Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

...or maybe no one's willing to pay the asking price that At&t is wanting, ether way it's a least some good news.

Literally in the very same article it says that additional companies jumped in. I don't think you show interest in the deal if the asking price is too much. 4 Billion for the entire WB gaming division? Which houses multiple globally known studios with globally known franchises? That's definitely worth the price.

Nah. I am more willing to bet, that AT&T execs saw the current interest in their gaming division and realized that they were selling the money making machine. Especially in the current times. Games you can just sell on digital stores and get that sweet microtransaction money. Movies on other hand... cinemas closed, bad taste with Hollywood, they had shit year with the last movies they released, etc. While they look at someone like Activision, which is earning 100-300mil per MONTH from COD mobile game. So yeah. If you own game studios, then you better hold that shit tight.

Last edited:

Meh, I'm taking all "leaks" as fiction unless someone data mines something in MK11.
Aside from Ash, the other data mined stuff is 99.9% accurate.

Kittlesten brought to life some of the best moments in MK history.

In the comic books, yes, I agree.
In MK11? ♫♪Hell naw, to the naw, naw, naw.♪♫

So [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]....
Yesterday I rewatched MK11 story. Remember how you were telling me regarding the entire Timeline debacle that only "life threatening" damage matters. As in, punches and kicks are A-OK, however LIFE THREATENING damage such a scratch on Johnny Cage's cheek or a Zombie getting his legs destroyed is what really matters. Getting punched in the balls is not life threatening and therefore "doesn't count"! However...

MK11 Main Story, JC punches young Kano in the balls, which seemingly did absolutely no effect to the old Kano who had captured young JC. And yet later on, Sonya kicks young Kano in the gut, and old Kano gets instantly affected by it. :lol: You also had young JC getting shot in the arm, I wonder if old JC also experienced the same?.... Or better yet, why didn't just old Kano torture or constantly punch young JC, and make it impossible for old JC to do anything?

Dunno what to tell you, dude.
At this point, I stopped trying to decipher what their thought process is anymore, especially after Stephanie went on about how this new Sindel is her own "independent woman and doesn't need / want a man" bullshit, yet in Aftermath Sindel goes on to say the complete opposite that she killed Jerrod because he was weak and wanted a man like Shao Kahn because he asserted his privilege and was a stronger man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunno what to tell you, dude.
At this point, I stopped trying to decipher what their thought process is anymore, especially after Stephanie went on about how this new Sindel is her own "independent woman and doesn't need / want a man" bullshit, yet in Aftermath Sindel goes on to say the complete opposite that she killed Jerrod because he was weak and wanted a man like Shao Kahn because he asserted his privilege and was a stronger man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait...what?.... Christ these people need to let it go already. And considering what's going on in Chicago now.... they better let it go.

Anyways, I just thought it was funny and remembered those comments from before.

Wait...what?.... Christ these people need to let it go already. And considering what's going on in Chicago now.... they better let it go.

Anyways, I just thought it was funny and remembered those comments from before.

I just meant that when Sindel first came out there was all of this Sindel is a "strong woman" that "doesn't need anyone BS," but at the end of Aftermath she's just Shao Kahn's lapdog.
If they really wanted to make her a strong person, then why not give her her own agenda and have her help the Shokans finish Shao Kahn and then kill the 2 right after, and just say that they betrayed Sheeva's orders in Aftermath?
Why not make Sindel a bigger villain and build her up for MK12?

For as much as some people on reddit b****ed about Kronika being the big boss for MK11, why not use an established female to build up as the ultimate baddie for the next game?
For fcks sakes, why not have Sindel join up with Havik and his army and be this badass force to be reckoned with in MK12?

I just meant that when Sindel first came out there was all of this Sindel is a "strong woman" that "doesn't need anyone BS," but at the end of Aftermath she's just Shao Kahn's lapdog.
If they really wanted to make her a strong person, then why not give her her own agenda and have her help the Shokans finish Shao Kahn and then kill the 2 right after, and just say that they betrayed Sheeva's orders in Aftermath?
Why not make Sindel a bigger villain and build her up for MK12?

For as much as some people on reddit b****ed about Kronika being the big boss for MK11, why not use an established female to build up as the ultimate baddie for the next game?
For fcks sakes, why not have Sindel join up with Havik and his army and be this badass force to be reckoned with in MK12?

See, the problem here is that you're trying to think logically. I suppose I do the same :lol: These people only care for Twitter clout and be all virtuous, but at the same time be nothing more than stereotypes (SJWs....).

I'm not a fan of Sindel (even before they butchered her in MK11), especially now that she had enough spotlight as it is. Having her as a villain for the next game wouldn't work because:
1) she'd just die again, that's what MK villains do
2) she already murdered so many people, even as far as beating up an Elder God....
3) NRS is obviously gonna take us back to the past...

Sindel's finished. Since you mentioned Shao Kahn, this is the character that needed proper development. But considering all they could come up with is Make Outworld Great Again..... For fck's sake, did they even explain why he's half-dragon now??

Last edited:
See, the problem here is that you're trying to think logically. I suppose I do the same :lol: These people only care for Twitter clout and be all virtuous, but at the same time be nothing more than stereotypes (SJWs....).

I'm not a fan of Sindel (even before they butchered her in MK11), especially now that she had enough spotlight as it is. Having her as a villain for the next game wouldn't work because:
1) she'd just die again, that's what MK villains do
2) she already murdered so many people, even as far as beating up an Elder God....
3) NRS is obviously gonna take us back to the past...

Sindel's finished. Since you mentioned Shao Kahn, this is the character that needed proper development. But considering all they could come up with is Make Outworld Great Again..... For fck's sake, did they even explain why he's half-dragon now??

Lol
Yeah, I just wonder sometimes how they go back on these stories so much, rather than trying to move forward.
Skarlet was another one who's MK9 bio / character arch they botched. I thought that her original MK9 bio of her made up of the blood of warriors, gathered from countless battlefields, fused with sorcery was so badass. Then in MK11 she's reduced to... "starving wretch" before Shao Kahn helped her. Imo, it was weak sauce.

I wasn't a huge fan of Sindel prior, either, but I thought it was cool that she originally had made made a ward to protect Earth from suffering the same fate that Edenia had suffered.
So, when this new retcon / canon comes out for MK11 that Sindel doesn't need anyone else and was evil all along and we saw glimpses of her in the Aftermath trailer, I was like "Ok, well perhaps they'll explain how she was evil in a pretty neat way, and maybe she'll double-cross Shao Kahn or have her own motives."
Nope, nothing but another puppet / side-kick for Shao Kahn, which is why I was happy with what they did with Shang Tsung giving both Shao Kahn and Sindel the proverbial middle finger and carving his own path with that ending. It's a shame that Shang's Aftermath ending won't likely be the ending going into MK12, though, and we'll probably end up with another horseshit reboot.

It's sucks that they can't develop more these characters past a certain point.
As you mentioned, Shao Kahn's half-dragon origins weren't explained and all we got for him was the same old boring stereotypical tyrant villain plot of "evil just because" for him.

Looks like the new KL skins puts the final nail in the coffin for anyone hoping to see Reptile or any of the other male ninjas showing up as DLC....

KL skins.jpg

....I don't get those skins. Everybody's supposed to be cosplaying now?

Took me a while to realize those are Skarlet and Kabal....

Last edited:
Imo, the Scorpion / Reptile skin is the final nail in the "male ninjas" coffin.
Shang Tsung having their moves was the first de-confirmation and this is just further proof.

Imo, the Scorpion / Reptile skin is the final nail in the "male ninjas" coffin.
Shang Tsung having their moves was the first de-confirmation and this is just further proof.

Kinda stupid. What's the point of having characters at all? Just put Sub-Zero and Scorpion in a game and give them skins of all others.
A Reptile-Scorpion, Jax-Sindel-Cage, D'Vorah-Skarlet-Kabal....I dunno, it's weird.

Last edited:
Not to mention, Cyrax, Sektor and cyber Smoke skins for Robocop. Lol
Dunno, but this just seems like NRS' way of paying tribute to certain characters without having to put them all in.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't care for that Baraka skin, though, but I'm not playing KL to deal with horseshit / salty people online. Fck that noise!
I'll continue enjoying MK11 at my own pace and maybe I'll get those skins in the shop if they ever show up there to buy with Time Krystals.
Otherwise, I'll look forward to the upcoming Femme Fatales and All Hallows' Eve packs.

Truth be told, I wish that the the Christmas time backgrounds would have become character skins. Some fcking Satanta Jax, Krampus Kollector, Christmas Lights Raiden and Cassie Elf skins would have been fun as shit to have.

Ok, so basically the situation with AT&T is that those guys are REALLY desperate. I think the video that [MENTION=5220]lariat[/MENTION] dropped, was correct. They are selling EVERYTHING. Massive DC comics layoffs (800+ laid off), now they want to sell Crunchyroll.

Yeah. I think they are indeed planning on selling WB Gaming division. as well. These guys are sitting at 150+ BILLION dollars debt, after all. If not for their MK11 behavior, I would feel pity for NRS. Another parent company of theirs going down.

And yet some people in the fanbase have the nerve to say there's not enough klassic shit in MK11? :laugh:
Yeah, 8 Trilogy characters are missing, yet folks love to forget that eachof the 18 fcking klassic characters has at least 1 klassic skin (some of them, multiples, as shown here) with exception to Kabal, klassic Fatalities via Brutalities, 4 klassic stages in MK11 and the return of Friendships.
Nearly all klassic characters have shown up in MKX and MK11, too, but this fanbase never seems to be happy.
Now the latest complaint is that Kitana has too many skins. :roll: Lol

NRS is damned if the do an damned if they don't.

Yeah I don't quite get the point of those ropes on Skarlet...

It speaks volumes though. These are by far the best costumes for female characters. All that bullshit about maturity and respect... and yet these costumes just scream Mortal Kombat, not Skyrim. It's not bad, but I feel like the only game to nail these classic costumes was MK9... here they still look like they're sporting granny panties, some other details are not accurate, the hair's kinda weird, and of course they'll also be in high heels.

2k11 vs 2k20:
Spoiler:
d8rlchx-70b890cd-dbe8-476f-a96a-5a572c623cbf.png

d3eflf5-10caecb9-fba4-4e7b-8e7d-958744e09c48.jpg

Hmm, Havik? I'm still very sceptical of this, but we'll see. I'll watch his trailer when it's out as he is someone I have wanted to see in for a long time now. I wonder what kind of stuff they do with him in this engine.