Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

jg0ii0rfj5151.jpg

Gonna try to keep my cool. I think Sektor has been "leaked" about 20 times now, and nothing has come of it.

I dig the new story. I wish Shang Tsung's ending was canon because I like having the villain win again, but Liu Kang's ending is more likely.

So what? Mortal Kombat 12 or Mortal Kombat Next or whatever the new title will be called; maybe Mortal Kombat Zero; will be a prequel?

Always remember that Dungeons & Dragons created Mortal Kombat!

To be honest. Sub Zero had it pretty balanced. One loss each game.

Kotal Cuck on other hand.... Gods. I think this is the 5th time he is getting owned IN THE SAME GAME.

At least we had a callback from MK Mythologies between Fujin and Sub-Zero (the real Sub-Zero) in Aftermath.

Regarding Aftermath:

All of the events from MK11 taking place along with all of the events from MK11 Aftermath taking place

Meanwhile: Damashi is looking on smiling...

Last edited:
Spoiler:
The endings were both garbage. Trained for...what?

Training for the exact same shit that I've been saying that will happen:

Spoiler:
another fcking MK reboot, just like MK9.

................but this time with the Great Kung Lao not dying at the hands of Goro.
Now that there's no Shang Tsung to interfere in the tournaments, Great Kung Lao doesn't get killed thanks to the help of "Lord" Liu Kang.

EDIT:

Looks like this comment aged pretty well...

Spoiler:
...as that seems like what they'll be doing for MK12 with the Great Kung Lao.

https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthr...n-Media-Thread?p=875136&viewfull=1#post875136

Reboot 2.0

Last edited:
The Aftermath story was alright (I watched it in Youtube) but....

Spoiler:
I still don't like how Cetrion is always following her mother's orders rather than sticking to her beliefs of virtue. I feel like when Sindel and Shao Kahn were attacking Sheeva, Kitana, Liu Kang, Jade, and Kotal Kahn, the disappointment of losing the a majority of the good cast is happening like how Sindel killed off most of the roster in MK9. Also, there needs to be another story for MK11 where Cetrion is a protagonist and Sindel is willingly good. I think it should start where Sindel is being resurrected by Shang Tsung and should involve preventing Shang Tsung from his betrayal and should involve new (DLC) characters (including Havik and Sareena).

Otherwise, the story was fairly good. I don't mind Kronika being killed off again.

It would be nice to have someone like Li Mei OR Ashrah be possessed by Kronika and be playable while having her moves. They can be like how June Moon and Enchantress were in the Injustice series. At least there is a reason to do Fatal Blows on Kronika if she possesses someone's body.

Also, I love the new stages. My most favorite so far is Kronika's Keep.

Training for the exact same shit that I've been saying that will happen:

Spoiler:
another fcking MK reboot, just like MK9.

................but this time with the Great Kung Lao not dying at the hands of Goro.
Now that there's no Shang Tsung to interfere in the tournaments, Great Kung Lao doesn't get killed thanks to the help of "Lord" Liu Kang.

EDIT:

Looks like this comment aged pretty well...

Spoiler:
...as that seems like what they'll be doing for MK12 with the Great Kung Lao.

https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthr...n-Media-Thread?p=875136&viewfull=1#post875136

Reboot 2.0

....Can't Liu Kang just delete all the bad guys now...ergo what's the point of Kung Lao....

IMO this game showed pretty clear that the endings mean jackshit. All it took in MK11 is a single 5 second scene to completely wipe the MKX ending out. NRS is infamous now for not following up they wrote a day ago and just changing stuff however they please. Wouldn't be surprised if in the next game, half of the MK11 stuff would be completely changed or outright discarded.

Last edited:
....Can't Liu Kang just delete all the bad guys now...ergo what's the point of Kung Lao....

Which is what I'm thinking will happen now, especially with that Aftermath ending.
Spoiler:
Fire god Liu will train Great Kung Lao to defeat Goro and Shang Tsung won't be around.
The Shokan weren't inherently evil until they decided to follow Shao Kahn.
So, with Great Kung Lao being champion, he will not age, and then the story can progress 500 years into the more present time, (my guess) either near the time of MKM: Sub-Zero or right around an altered MK1 time but without Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sindel or Shinnok to mess it up.
Could even lend way to another villain like Onaga (unless Liu went that far back and also wiped him out).

Evil always exist and many MK characters are too iconic to deleted forever. I do have a feeling that Mileena will be a good guy in the new timeline now. I still dislike the idea of starting over again and the Sindle retcon sucks.

jg0ii0rfj5151.jpg

Gonna try to keep my cool. I think Sektor has been "leaked" about 20 times now, and nothing has come of it.

I don't see any of the Robot Ninjas coming back with Robocop having a Robot Ninja theme skins and even has some of Sektor's moves.

Wiping out either side is bad news, besides, that needs A LOT of power, not even Kronika could. And what Raiden did was glorious, but that's what triggered her, and look at the mess.

If NRS reads the previous game when producing MK12, the idea of Kronika's New Era was no Raiden, Shinnok/Cetrion again. This leads me to the idea that in Kang's timeline there's no Shinnok, but it has been slightly implied this means shit, even though we don't know what.

Still, he's training Kung Lao, so there are still threats to Earthrealm. If Outworld attacks again, let's remember Shao Kahn only attacked Earthrealm after Shinnok, and when the first was distracted with Edenia, the latter was still an Elder God by status.

Simply put, they have a lot of s** to build up again, and I highly doubt Shinnok's erasing is permanent. And I don't think Liu Kang's New Era will endure far too long.

I would like them to continue with the Chaosrealm and orderrealm story. I would love to see Havik and Hotaru back. Also i am tired of the same 3 realms every game.

If we get a game based on the Great Kung Lao, I do wonder how characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Sonnya, etc. will be back? Are we going to get their ancestors to fill their spots or will NRS pull off a SF3 by having the roster be nearly all new characters (They almost did that with the original MK8 )?

Last edited:
If we get a game based on the Great Kung Lao, I do wonder how characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Sonnya, etc. will be back? Are we going to get their ancestors to fill their spots or will NRS pull off a SF3 by having the roster be nearly all new characters (They almost did that with the original MK8 )?

Unless they retcon the history of the mantle of "Sub-Zero" (which knowing how they retcon shit all of the time, it's possible), the mantle of Sub-Zero originally only goes as far back as 8 generations (iirc), which would only be 200 years prior to MK1 and the Great Kung Lao is 500 years in the past.
In order for those characters to be playable in the past, lord Liu Kang would also have to pull another MK11 Kronika type of time displacement to put them that far into the past.

That said...... the easier thing for NRS to do would be to have a few chapters of the next MK story mode taking place in the 500 years prior (Great Kung Lao era), with the remaining story taking place in a more present time (either near the new MK1 timeline or not too far from it).

You can still have characters that don't age much (or at all) in the Great Kung Lao era like Raiden, Kitana and Reptile (I think?), and the remaining characters could be in the current / present time of the story.

Which is what I'm thinking will happen now, especially with that Aftermath ending.
Spoiler:
Fire god Liu will train Great Kung Lao to defeat Goro and Shang Tsung won't be around.
The Shokan weren't inherently evil until they decided to follow Shao Kahn.
So, with Great Kung Lao being champion, he will not age, and then the story can progress 500 years into the more present time, (my guess) either near the time of MKM: Sub-Zero or right around an altered MK1 time but without Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sindel or Shinnok to mess it up.
Could even lend way to another villain like Onaga (unless Liu went that far back and also wiped him out).

Or you look at MKX ending. Remember all the hype, the fan theories and whatnot? All binned. Same can happen with the next game, so it's rather pre-mature to discuss it. Especially considering that you got two endings, none of which confirmed to be cannon. They didn't even care about their own MK11 ending (Liu+Kitana). Besides, didn't Ed say that this is the final entry to this story?

Besides, didn't Ed say that this is the final entry to this story?

He did, though.
Ed specifically said that Aftermath is the Epilogue / final conclusion to MK11.

Game Informer said:
"Why did you decide that an expansion was the right route for Mortal Kombat 11 instead of waiting to continue the story by way of a sequel like we've seen in the past?"

Ed Boon said:
"Story was the area that... a lot of our fans love that part of Mortal Kombat: the story mode, the narrative, and all that stuff. So that was kind of like, "Oh, let's do that! Let's just hit really hard with a great addition – almost like an epilogue – final conclusion to the story.

https://www.gameinformer.com/previe...n-talks-aftermaths-story-robocop-next-gen-and

Having Shang Tsung being the final villain of the timeline is a cool idea. Having the first boss end up being the last villain is a nice way to connect things.

Well, Sub-Zero and Scorpion could be a Cryomancer and a Shirai Ryu, but wouldn't be Bi-Han/Kuai Liang and Hanzo Hasashi.

Johnny Cage has previous ancestors who wield his power, and Sonya they could have an ancestral in Europe. Jax's ancestor, or even someone unrelated, could have been an African tribesman of remarkable kombat skill.

I just keep questioning myself where's Raiden if the whole plot was Kronika wins = no Raiden. If Liu Kang is also god of Thunder, is Raiden a farmer now? If we go by logic, the new timeline would have a new immortal Raiden, since the previous one is mortal and eventually perished.

Still, for a new game, I would rather have them go to Onaga's reign millions of years ago and see how Shao Kahn was a god, and how the others of his kin reacted to that. I mean, they could put Onaga invading realms like Chaosrealm, and other gods like Argus coming up with the ideas of how gods work to kombat these threats. Besides, we could see Raiden and Fujin "younger", with an Earthrealm before humans. Cryomancers could be present, and other races we know.

Very unlikely tho, as NRS would probably not give up their Special Forces and Hanzo's Scorpion, and it's been a long time we don't detach from Earthrealm.

Unless they retcon the history of the mantle of "Sub-Zero" (which knowing how they retcon shit all of the time, it's possible), the mantle of Sub-Zero originally only goes as far back as 8 generations (iirc), which would only be 200 years prior to MK1 and the Great Kung Lao is 500 years in the past.
In order for those characters to be playable in the past, lord Liu Kang would also have to pull another MK11 Kronika type of time displacement to put them that far into the past.

That said...... the easier thing for NRS to do would be to have a few chapters of the next MK story mode taking place in the 500 years prior (Great Kung Lao era), with the remaining story taking place in a more present time (either near the new MK1 timeline or not too far from it).

You can still have characters that don't age much (or at all) in the Great Kung Lao era like Raiden, Kitana and Reptile (I think?), and the remaining characters could be in the current / present time of the story.

But, Commander, what's the source of the 8 generations? I never came up in contact with this info.

The "problem" with this timeline is that once again if we go by logic, there's no Shinnok, therefore no "Shao Kahn followed in his footsteps", and basically the father of evil in the universe won't exist. And there's no Shang Tsung this time, if Liu Kang's endind is indeed what we'll follow, so...wouldn't make sense if things go by as MK1.

But yes, Raiden, Kitana, Reptile could be there, and should be there.

[...]

Shao Kahn's reptilian redesign looks dope here in this Gaitan's concept. Shame they changed the face. I wonder if "he wields Onaga's power" is literal or he was made to be always like this (except the face, we all know he was designed by Tobias to be like this). However, if you put klassic armor on him, we see that it covers his more reptilian features in the hands and arms, something doesn't happen in the current design because they went with lots of spikes. Wish they kept this one untouched.

solomon-gaitan-sha-basebody-mk11.jpg

Or liu kang can easily take whoever he wants from the present timeline into the past so he can take Johnny and Sonya and Hanzo so i don't think it needs much analysis