Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Spawn is so disappointing. I was unbelievably hype to see that he has an armor breaking move, only to find out it replaces his combo launcher.

I'm having a blast with Spawn in the game and have unlocked nearly all of his gear so far. I do have a feeling we will probably get a KP2 for a while based on how things are right now with the CV.

I do have a feeling we will probably get a KP2 for a while based on how things are right now with the CV.

My guess has always been that it would be 6 to 9 months after Spawn.
So, roughly an end of September / end of December release time for an XL / Komplete Edition, with the option to buy KP2 and / or the characters separately, like with MKX.
6 to 9 months from now is still feasible, imo.

That said, I think they should announce / tease at least something within the next month or so, to let the people know that there's more stuff coming down the line.
Casuals (which are -unfortunately- the majority of people who buy MK games) don't always watch things like Final Kombat, and they may think that Spawn is the end of support for MK11 if they didn't watch the live stream event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JcU36k-WKo&feature=emb_title

So Robocop may be coming assuming that this is not a prank from NRS. It makes sense because Robocop and Terminator both crossover before similar how Alien & Predator did.

Makes sense if it was Robocop.

That said, I also remember people not knowing what "TER" stood for when the roster was still being leaked and it ended up being TERMINAS, which was what Geras was originally going to be called.

I'm pretty sure that by now Ed / NRS has caught on to the whole data mining, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was also thrown in there to take people off track.
Hence, the same way that Boon trolled people with 1 of Terminator's outros that lists some DLC characters, stages and finishers that he decided to troll people with.

Anyone worried or hoping that KP2 was only going to be three characters can now rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JcU36k-WKo&feature=emb_title

Robocop is the 2nd guest of the KP2 pack.

And now there's this which mentions cinematics with Stryker and Takeda.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1242841228489756673

If Robocop is in, then we'd have yet another gun user. We have plenty of those already and thus I really don't see the need for Stryker. What could he do that would actually make him stand out from the other gun users?

thus I really don't see the need for Stryker. What could he do that would actually make him stand out from the other gun users?

I stopped seeing the need for Stryker in these more recent games when we got Cassie Cage in MKX and MK11, plus Jax, Erron Black & Terminator (who also throws grenades) which also use guns and other gadgets.
The only thing Stryker would have left to him to make him stand out is....his baton?

It won't surprise me if we get Fujin, Sheeva, Cryax, Sektor, Robocop, and Ash for KP2. I could see them doing a full cyborg set for DLC.

I stopped seeing the need for Stryker in these more recent games when we got Cassie Cage in MKX and MK11, plus Jax, Erron Black & Terminator (who also throws grenades) which also use guns and other gadgets.
The only thing Stryker would have left to him to make him stand out is....his baton?
We should've had Jeffrey Dahmer instead of Terminator.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Richard Epcar on his Instagram a while ago show him at WB studios to do some voice recording. Either he is doing new voice work for KP2, IJ3 or something not related to NRS at all.

It won't surprise me if we get Fujin, Sheeva, Cryax, Sektor, Robocop, and Ash for KP2. I could see them doing a full cyborg set for DLC.

It really would surprise me if we got Cyrax and Sektor again, given Boon / NRS' whole thing about not having "repeat DLC" in MK games. Triborg technically already brought those 2 in the last game, along with Cyber Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero.
Also, I still think that if we get a full set of 6 characters for DLC that it will be 50/50 between MK characters and guests, unfortunately.

Richard Epcar on his Instagram a while ago show him at WB studios to do some voice recording. Either he is doing new voice work for KP2, IJ3 or something not related to NRS at all.

My guess is probably lines for a new DLC / KP character.

RoboCop is vomit inducing. Probably tied with Michael Myers for biggest who gives a shit guest character.
I'm normally all about guests, but now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Terminator was already pushing it, but RoboCop is just stupid.

RoboCop is vomit inducing. Probably tied with Michael Myers for biggest who gives a shit guest character.
I'm normally all about guests, but now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Terminator was already pushing it, but RoboCop is just stupid.

They're probably going for a Terminator vs Robocop, like they went for a Alien vs Predator in MKX. Terminator ended up being one of the least interesting DLC characters in KP1, but I can seen Robocop being more interesting.

Though don't get me wrong … I fully prefer actual MK characters.

They started scraping the bottom of the barrel with Leatherface.
I saw lots of people hating on the fact that he was included in MKX, even people who I know that like guest characters were like "Why tf was he even considered as DLC?"
Never saw that many people hate on a guest like they did with that character.

Leatherface was picked because it was Ed Boon's personal pick and you did have a new TCM movie coming out at the time. Even I felt iffy about him since he is just a redneck with a chainsaw. At least Robocop fits well with MK because both MK and Robocop are satirical with the over the top violence.

I still want more MK fighters though. I don't want three MK fighters and three guest again because we will have nine guest characters in total if we get three Kombat Packs.

Leatherface was picked because it was Ed Boon's personal pick and you did have a new TCM movie coming out at the time. Even I felt iffy about him since he is just a redneck with a chainsaw. At least Robocop fits well with MK because both MK and Robocop are satirical with the over the top violence.

I still want more MK fighters though. I don't want three MK fighters and three guest again because we will have nine guest characters in total if we get three Kombat Packs.
Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and Charles Manson.

There's your next 3 guest characters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk