Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

We have 5 spots left on the roster and you think that KP2 would fill up the rest of the spots left. Unless they plan to release KP3 and later release a "Super Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11: After Math Gold Edition" in 2021.

Last edited:
So have every single game be MK9 version 2.0, then?
That sounds like it would get boring quick as fvck if every game had the same 26 characters on the main roster with nothing else to keep it fresh.
If it's not Mileena fans requesting / harassing / making threats at Boon and NRS for MK11 it'll be another sub-set of fans.
They should do whatever they want and not give into the few vocal toxic ones.
Hell, as it is they're already ungrateful because "Mileena doesn't have her MKX lips in the trailer." As if customization isn't a thing in MK11.
2/3 of the roster being from MK9 is already a ton of those characters as it is, but now that she's in this fanbase will find another klassic character to go on and harass them about.

Why do you keep bringing up MK9? Game's almost 10 years old now, cannot even buy it anymore. It's gone for good and nobody cares about it. Most of the people who played MK11 knew balls all about MK9.

They need to sell their DLC, that's why it's classic characters 9 times out of 10. I told you before that nobody cares about NRS new characters, and the 3D era were characters overhyped to fck. Fujin was in this time, and people already forgot about him days after the DLC dropped. Trilogy era is what makes MK. Do you honestly believe the "8 million" copies sold were to hardcore MK fans? No, it was people who dicked around with the game either through word of mouth, hype or slight exposure to the brand. They moved on already.

As for "doing what they want".... Why do you think people complained about censorship before? It's a bit too late for that now.

MK right now loves pleasing the vocal crowd. If you want 3D era characters or "less MK9" then yell about it on Twatter or other Soycial media. Make sure to post a video of you bawling your eyes out when a video game character gets added as well, for those extra Internet points. It'll make you a hypocrite, but at least you'll get your stuff.

Last edited:
Make sure to post a video of you bawling your eyes out when a video game character gets added as well, for those extra Internet points. It'll make you a hypocrite, but at least you'll get your stuff.

Are you talking about LostyGirl? That reaction video was really sweet. She's the biggest Mileena fan outside the psychos

It's just one example, like those reaction videos where someone is yelling and crying from "excitement".

It's not cure for cancer, it's simply a video game. In this case a character that hasn't skipped a game since MK2.

Last edited:
I am with Xenon about MK9. Some of you guys keep bringing up "I don't want MK 1-3 over and over again." But here is a question. Why do you think you matter? They couldn't care less about our generation. New gen that came to MK (with MKX) is the target audience now. Hence why they changed the backstories and started virtue signaling. New gen didn't play MK9. It has been 10 years. So of course they will retell the story. They will keep rebooting the story as many times, as they want.

Well, will they have another story mode for Rain and Mileena? Believe that Rain and Mileena are from the 1992 timeline brought to our present time.

---------------------------------------

In case anyone's wondering about what I'm talking about with SRK right now. Basically, there is a controversy between 3 people (d3v, Preppy, and Pertho) and the summary is found within the last 200 or so posts in this thread:

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-...ing-fools-can-go-live-in-the-chaz/591208/8545

@BBBLP

Well, in a way depends if you mean Bi Han or Kuai Liang. Bi Han was probably in more MK games ever than Kuai Liang has been in.

Since it seems that this thread is the only active thread for the most part then I'll post this. Anyone remember CVS2 and SSFIIX? In Japan they got the best of the best in weekly offline tournaments:

We have 5 spots left on the roster and you think that KP2 would fill up the rest of the spots left. Unless they plan to release KP3 and later release a "Super Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11: After Math Gold Edition" in 2021.

My choices for the remaining five would be Havik, Reiko, Human Smoke/Enema, Takeda and either Sareena or Nitara.

Well, will they have another story mode for Rain and Mileena? Believe that Rain and Mileena are from the 1992 timeline brought to our present time.

In case anyone's wondering about what I'm talking about with SRK right now. Basically, there is a controversy between 3 people (d3v, Preppy, and Pertho) and the summary is found within the last 200 or so posts in this thread:

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-...ing-fools-can-go-live-in-the-chaz/591208/8545

@BBBLP

Well, in a way depends if you mean Bi Han or Kuai Liang. Bi Han was probably in more MK games ever than Kuai Liang has been in.

Since it seems that this thread is the only active thread for the most part then I'll post this. Anyone remember CVS2 and SSFIIX? In Japan they got the best of the best in weekly offline tournaments:

Technically, Bi-Han has only been in the First MK as himself besides Mytholgies ... and as a costume. Which is another reason why, MK11 felt kind of half baked for me.. they had introduced the legacy skins in Injustice... but never bothered to have human Bi-Han meet Noob or even his younger brother (20s years older kind of like how Taven met Daegon). Or to have fan favorite Takeda meet young Scorpion.

I mean I'm happy we got Rain so I can finally get some love shed on Taven, Daegon or Argus in any of Rain's dialogue with the gods or Edenians.

Can you really not see how stupid this sounds? "The fanbase really wants this one thing, so the dev should change that!"
Why not give the fans what they want lol.

"Because it gets stale" is what you're gonna say. But I'd disagree with that. Sub Zero has never missed an MK game and they always find a way to make him unique from his last appearance. Remember how everyone lost their mind when he threw his ice clone in MKX?

It's a shitty point to try to compare any of the 4 biggest characters (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Liu Kang) to characters than can be switched out from game to game.
According to NRS the 10 characters needed to sell an MK game are the OG7, Kitana, Kung Lao and Jax.
For once, though, I'd like to see an MK game that doesn't have 2/3 of the MK9 roster in it?
Is that really too much to ask for?
2 out of 37 characters are from the post-MK3 / 3D era, whereas MKX had 6.
Also, your whole argument about making a character unique could very well be made for any of the post-MK3 / 3D era characters like the did for Kesnhi, Shinnok and Tanya which got awesome revamps done in MK9 and MKX.
I'd like to see some of these other characters that have been put on ice for 14 years to get another chance to shine.

Data mining points to that being possible, but well see.
The whole situation with the virus probably changed a lot of the plans that they originally had with this game.

EDIT:

MK right now loves pleasing the vocal crowd. If you want 3D era characters or "less MK9" then yell about it on Twatter or other Soycial media. Make sure to post a video of you bawling your eyes out when a video game character gets added as well, for those extra Internet points. It'll make you a hypocrite, but at least you'll get your stuff.

And become 1 of those obnoxious, toxic shit-for-brains that pesters Ed / NRS? No, thanks.
If it's just going to be a constant majority MK9 roster for every game from here on out, then maybe this is my last stop. :-(

Last edited:
And become 1 of those obnoxious, toxic shit-for-brains that pesters Ed / NRS? No, thanks.
If it's just going to be a constant majority MK9 roster for every game from here on out, then maybe this is my last stop. :-(

Well, you can either do that or complain about it on a graveyard of a video game forum... One might give you a result considering you're loud enough, and the other... :lol:

Again, MK9 is done for. Nobody cares, so you might as well forget about it. Just think about it rationally for a second. Let's say someone WANTS that Classic roster, what are you gonna tell them? Go play MK9? That's gonna be a problem now. So their only choice is this game. Or the next game...

NRS/WB know too well know what sells the most, so obviously Trilogy cast is going to make in one way or another. Just look at the current DLC, how many new or 3D-era characters/items are in there? I don't see what's wrong with this approach either, after all....as NuFans always love to say...."NRS/WB are in business of making money!!". As long as there's demand they'll supply it.

Last edited:
Major possible SPOILERS ahead. But if it's official, I'm all for it!

I got it from this video...

Spoiler:

No one should be disappointed after reading the ENTIRE THING.

I'll continue to take everything with a grain of salt until it's officially unveiled or there's a data mine providing more concrete evidence.
While it would be great to have Havik and Daegon as playable DLC or on a story mode, I'm not getting my hopes up just to be let down if it doesn't.
I'd rather be cautiously skeptical and then later be pleasantly surprised if it does happen, rather than getting my hopes up for no reason.

Well, you can either do that or complain about it on a graveyard of a video game forum... One might give you a result considering you're loud enough, and the other... :lol:

Again, MK9 is done for. Nobody cares, so you might as well forget about it. Just think about it rationally for a second. Let's say someone WANTS that Classic roster, what are you gonna tell them? Go play MK9? That's gonna be a problem now. So their only choice is this game. Or the next game...

NRS/WB know too well know what sells the most, so obviously Trilogy cast is going to make in one way or another. Just look at the current DLC, how many new or 3D-era characters/items are in there? I don't see what's wrong with this approach either, after all....as NuFans always love to say...."NRS/WB are in business of making money!!". As long as there's demand they'll supply it.

My point was that not every game has to have the entirety of the MK1 and MKII roster and MKX even had 6 post-MK3 characters and was the top selling game of 2015 at one point. For MKX to be up there with GTAV is a big accomplishment.
We went from 6 characters that were post-MK3 down to just 2.
As for 1 person complaining on Twitter, again, I'm just that: 1 person.
Even if I were to do that (which I won't), it accomplishes the same or less as ranting / venting here, spitting into an ocean or voting 3rd party in the US. You might as well just throw your vote away.
At least here there was a point in time a bit back when where we could discuss things, though.
I don't want to become the shitty Mileena stans, the Reiko douche or the Spawn asshole, and that's exactly what I'll become if I start to incessantly harass Ed and NRS for a character.
Also, when Misucra was disappointed with the way that they treated Frost or that MK11 didn't turn out the way that he hoped we were about to talk about it, but suddenly I don't care for the direction taken with MK11 having too many of the MK9 characters via the main roster and / or DLC and it's "go and be a hypocrite" and "yell about it on Twatter or other Soycial media."? OK, thanks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I love the 3d era characters more than most MK fans, but the people asking for them are getting obnoxious af.
Like I understand Havik, but people are really asking for Ashrah and Nitara.

Nitara is completely useless now that Skarlett exists and Ashrah is bootleg Sareena, and Sareena is already a bum character herself. I'd take an arcade veteran over these weak ass nobodies anyday.

My point was that not every game has to have the entirety of the MK1 and MKII roster and MKX even had 6 post-MK3 characters and was the top selling game of 2015 at one point. For MKX to be up there with GTAV is a big accomplishment.
We went from 6 characters that were post-MK3 down to just 2.
As for 1 person complaining on Twitter, again, I'm just that: 1 person.
Even if I were to do that (which I won't), it accomplishes the same or less as ranting / venting here, spitting into an ocean or voting 3rd party in the US. You might as well just throw your vote away.
At least here there was a point in time a bit back when where we could discuss things, though.
I don't want to become the shitty Mileena stans, the Reiko douche or the Spawn asshole, and that's exactly what I'll become if I start to incessantly harass Ed and NRS for a character.
Also, when Misucra was disappointed with the way that they treated Frost or that MK11 didn't turn out the way that he hoped we were about to talk about it, but suddenly I don't care for the direction taken with MK11 having too many of the MK9 characters via the main roster and / or DLC and it's "go and be a hypocrite" and "yell about it on Twatter or other Soycial media."? OK, thanks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And my point is that it'll continue that way because that's essentially what MK is. Even MKD is basically Trilogy roster. People mostly get MK for these classic characters, not 3D era or the absolute pointless NuEra characters. It's just what it is. The rest is an afterthought, really.

By the way do not misunderstand, I actually agree with you somewhat. A game where it's not the same recurring spam would be great. Unfortunately it's an opinion of a minority. :lol:

Don't know what you were trying to say in the last paragraph.

Last edited:
And how is that a problem when UMK3 is the second best game in the entire franchise, behind only MK2?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Didn't Deadly Alliance and Deception increase in sales without a good chunk of the trilogy cast? IIRC Even Armageddon made more than enough money back, Midway just didn't manage their money well.

Didn't Deadly Alliance and Deception increase in sales without a good chunk of the trilogy cast? IIRC Even Armageddon made more than enough money back, Midway just didn't manage their money well.
They also sold lots of copies without the inferior scum known as guest characters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk