Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Please, help me with this info. I have serious problems with my wb play account, I cannot sign in, this is why I am interested if the game on Xbox one has to be linked to the wb play account in order to continue the game from the point where you left previous game.

I still read the forum every week or two, I just haven't played MKX for months and I haven't bought MK11.

I still read the forums as well. I just been busy with real life stuff and I haven't login in a long time. While this site is pretty much dead, I do like it over the MK Reddit and MKO forums to be honest. Speaking of DLC, we are getting more Nightwolf teases. He will probably be out by next week or the very end of July at this rate.

Speaking of DLC, we are getting more Nightwolf teases. He will probably be out by next week or the very end of July at this rate.

Makes sense, to me.

I mean Shang Tsung came out nearly 2 months (7 weeks) after MK11 dropped, so I'm guessing that it's taking a bit longer to make the characters this time around given that they have to add the additional voice lines, roughly 60 skins (some being palette swaps), kustom gear, kustom intros and outros and kustom moves for each character.

In all honesty, I'd rather just see some more Stage Brutalities / Stage Fatalities patched in.
I was kind of hoping that we could do Stage Fatalities that include the T-Rex, bugs in the Kytinn Hive or being able to uppercut the opponent into the pit of the Koliseum.

Don't know if we've been spoiled by MKX, in that regard, but I could have sworn that The Kove (uppercut & dead body), Quan Chi's Fortress (Shao Kahn Hammer) and the Kuatan Jungle all had stage Brutalities from the get-go.

The only Stage Brutality that seems to be in MK11 is the Desert Command one, but maybe I'm just wrong and haven't found any others.

The Kove Uppercut brutality was patched in. I remember it being a big deal when it was and everyone was doing it when it came out.

In all honesty, I'd rather just see some more Stage Brutalities / Stage Fatalities patched in.
I was kind of hoping that we could do Stage Fatalities that include the T-Rex, bugs in the Kytinn Hive or being able to uppercut the opponent into the pit of the Koliseum.

Don't know if we've been spoiled by MKX, in that regard, but I could have sworn that The Kove (uppercut & dead body), Quan Chi's Fortress (Shao Kahn Hammer) and the Kuatan Jungle all had stage Brutalities from the get-go.

The only Stage Brutality that seems to be in MK11 is the Desert Command one, but maybe I'm just wrong and haven't found any others.

I forgot all about stage brutalities. I didn't even know there was one in MK11.

Everyone's talking about DLC, I'm just ready for a Balance patch. I want to play Kitana so bad, but why when Cassie exists lol. Literally the same character, but better. :-x

2 month wait for dlc is rough. We were spoiled by MKX and Inj2

Yeah if they just keep releasing a character every other month, then by the time the last character on the pack is released, it'll be nearly a year since the game came out and many people will have most likely moved on since then.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is what they meant by "supporting the game longer".

It seems MK11 is dropping to MKX levels of activity already (pre MK11 release). Can't even break 3k players anymore. Forget about competing with Tekken 7 at this point. And 2 months for each DLC character. So basically... instead of adding content with replay value, they are stretching out the little content they have. Welp.

The Kove Uppercut brutality was patched in. I remember it being a big deal when it was and everyone was doing it when it came out.

Then the dead body one in the Kove was the one that came with the game, but I DO know that MKX shipped with more Stage Brutalities from the start.

And 2 months for each DLC character. So basically... instead of adding content with replay value, they are stretching out the little content they have. Welp.

Or...to play devil's advocate for a minute... perhaps the characters just take a bit longer to make this time around.
MK11 has customization options from Injustice 2 (as well as additional customizable stuff) as well as variations from MKX, custom intros and outros and various other intricate details.

That said, I agree with folks being a bit annoyed at their lack of communication, but with Shang Tsung also taking 8 weeks to come out after the game drops, it's safe to assume that this is just how long some of the characters take to make this time around.
Couple that with the reports of horrible work conditions / "crunch" at NRS, and there may be more going on behind the scenes than we know.

Again, I'm not excusing them nor taking their side, but just pointing out that there may be other factors for why they are taking longer than what we're used to.

It seems MK11 is dropping to MKX levels of activity already (pre MK11 release). Can't even break 3k players anymore. Forget about competing with Tekken 7 at this point. And 2 months for each DLC character. So basically... instead of adding content with replay value, they are stretching out the little content they have. Welp.

Could it be that the gameplay isn't as good as MK 2011 and MKX? I've yet to play MK11 myself.

Could it be that the gameplay isn't as good as MK 2011 and MKX? I've yet to play MK11 myself.

I haven't touched MK11 at all, so can't speak for gameplay myself. But content wise, it is lazy af. Krypt is RNG nightmare and time sink. Towers of Time are just glorified Test Your Luck.

Though I did hear a lot of pro players aren't rushing to return to MK11 for upcoming tournaments. There is a strong disdain for poking system. Some even would go as far and say that MK 11 is a good fighting game, a bad video game and a terrible Mortal Kombat game.

MK11 is very likely to pull MKX. Boasted 1500 people in EVO, and then... 60 people joined up in Summer Jam for 10k prize. Tom Brady was pretty much spot on. Lack of innovation, simplified mechanics, this obsession with E-Sports (that one I called out hard myself) and just overall mess with launch left a sore taste in mouth.

And I am actually surprised they dropped this hard after just 3 months. MK11 was going 35k players from the start, while MKX had 15k. You can tell that something is wrong. You have more than twice players at initial launch, but still manage to drop to the numbers of your previous game in mere 3 months? Not a good sign.
[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]

Didn't they say that characters take around 1 month to make on one of those Kombat Kasts? While I do agree and see your explanation plausible, I am thinking that they are just trying to prolong game's life by dangling the carrot for a bit longer. They are trying to stretch out the hype. Or they are running on skeletal crew now and already putting resources in Injustice 3 development.

Either way it is still pretty bad. If people are getting this pissed at DLC release dates, it just says that game isn't keeping them interested enough to distract them from long waiting times.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]

Didn't they say that characters take around 1 month to make on one of those Kombat Kasts?

I'm not sure, really.

Or they are running on skeletal crew now and already putting resources in Injustice 3 development.

Either way it is still pretty bad. If people are getting this pissed at DLC release dates, it just says that game isn't keeping them interested enough to distract them from long waiting times.

I think the whole skeleton crew / not being as over-worked as before could also be the case, but at least on reddit, the people posting about it there seemed to be more annoyed at the lack of communication on NRS part, rather than the delay of characters themselves.
Unfortunately, they've been terrible when it comes to communicating stuff when it comes to this game.
A lot of people also want balancing for this game which hasn't been seen since the game dropped.
I could understand not releasing a balance patch during or before EVO (for Tournament reasons), but a little bit of communication between NRS and the fans could go a long way.
At the very least they should let people know that a patch and the next DLC character is coming out after EVO.
People shouldn't have to find out about the release of a DLC character because Nintendo happened to goof up and accidentally leaked it (Nightwolf).

Last edited:
Looks like you people will have to wait centuries for the DLC to get released. And you have no power to speed it up!

We gotta remember, during MK9 they did some communication to give assurance to fans. When Freddy got announced, that's when people got pissed and started saying stuff like "If I knew he would be the fourth character, I wouldn't have purchased the season pass." There was also a lot of issues that people had with the attire of the female characters (which I'll get back too soon). So for MKX, they did a s*** ton of communication. The adjusted all of the females' attires to be more mature and less sexual like people asked for. We got tid bits of information literally ever week except sometime in October until Dec/Jan. Gave out so much information to the point that they over promised on a lot of things that turned out to be lies (whether unintentionally or otherwise). Because of that, they had to make many changes during that time (like fixing an unfinished Tanya and fixing the PC port) and even remove some other stuff (like Season 3 of Legacy, year 2 of the comic, and the web series). So now with MK11, we're begging and questioning and wondering when the game would be revealed and got nothing until December. You have people complaining about costumes again, except for the exact opposite reasoning as MK9 due to the current climate of hating on games to push agendas and whoever-the-hell decided to say that the changes were to push an agenda rather than just stating that these changes already existed in MKX due to complaints in MK9. So now, we want any and all information and because they have to carefully decide what to say so they don't get flak it's starting to have negative repercussions on both sides. We get no information so it feels dry and slow. They give no information so they get bombarded until they do.

^ MK11 is full of SJW "agenda" :lol:
- Removes Cage's OK sign due to "Nazis" (actual reasoning by NRS employee)
- Calls everyone who didn't like Jax's Woke ending as "non-fans" (again, NRS employee)
- Ed Boon comes in to Playboy out of all the outlets to talk gibberish about "realistic fabric rendering" :lol:
- Worshipping their female characters. God damn Kuckold Kuck got owned 4 times in a row (Jacqui, Jade x2, Dvorah (almost died), Kitana).
- Like true SJWs who do nothing but virtue signal, NRS has slaves contracted working for them 24/7 for minimum wage, while disrespecting women and transgender employees. Wouldn't be surprised if they have pedophiles in there as well, seems like a pattern as of late.

As for costumes, a bloody vocal minority got into NRS heads + current SJW climate pressures them to do it. You go to Steam MK11 artwork section, and its obvious what the majority want. :rofl: It's none of the MK11 garbage.

NRS had their chance, they blew it. Game bombed in the UK, game bombed on Steam. Imo it's not going to come close to MKX figures. They already moved on to the next thing.