Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Kintaro. And this guy:

240px-Motaro_MKT.png

And Reptile.

Actually, that's pretty crappy...He burns the entire flesh off, and yet the skeleton is crystal clean. Should be charcoal almost...

The visual quality is a bit improvement over the last game which already looked good. Yes we can nitpick on the things you brought up but just as far as the quality of the effect as a whole I think it looks great. I wish Raiden would have a fatality more like that, where he shocks them until everything melts and falls off vs the stupid one they gave him in the demo.

I shit you not guys and I swear I'm not making this up.....
But I just had a dream that me and my Uncle(both are HUGE MK Fans) we're playing the game and guess who was doing the sickest sword combos.....

Li Mei. Sick ass purple outfit with her sword from Deadly Alliance. It felt SO real. Like Deja Vu....
Most of her style involved using her sword along with her signature cartwheel move. I couldn't believe it.

Mind you all, I am NOT a Li Mei fan.....until I saw what she could do. My God....

I always like Richard Epcar's Raiden's voice. The old voices of Raiden always sound too cheesy in my opinion, but I feel like his voice fits well with his design and personality. I'm also a big Lupin III fan, so hearing the guy who voice Jigen doing the voice of Raiden is so cool.

I'm a suspect, I think MK:DA/MK:D/MK:A Raiden are gorgeous too.

MK:DA is absolutely fantastic. It's rough, and it really seems he's tired of BS.

MK:D only konquest mode, his voice is too low, but it's nice, better than MK4.

Now MK:A, he just had one dialogue. I always remember that when he says "Do not go through that portal, Taven!", I'm "!!!!!!!!".

This was my favorite Rain costume

mkx-comic-8-rain-death.png

lol I remember like it was yesterday when this came out and you were in full delight because of it. Sadist! lol

He can't unsee the Prince joke.

It's obvious that he dislikes Rain, he never makes him playable in the main roster, only in Armageddon, which doesn't count. And he makes him DLC, so he doesn't have to make him DLC ever again, and catches money for that.

If Rain ends up in MK11 I'll take back everything, if he doesn't then it proves my point even further. Boon hates Rain, it was probably a Tobias character.

It's totally Boon's character, he did it much like Reptile. I just think he doesn't see any use of him into the story. If Rain nowadays does have something to go by, that's thanks to Vogel.

I see the other way around: while you surely can me sad that he isn't playable, Rain has been present in the latest games when he could easily be discarded. Look at what they have done to Reiko, the dude that literally wanted to be Shao Kahn, instead they gave space to Rain who had already been a DLC character. And IF he returns anyway in MK11, I think that's the proof Ed likes Rain, just not to be a protagonist of some sort.

Can you prove that your statement about Boon hating two Native Character Glorious Master Race characters is not false and misleading?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HAHAHAH this was gold

Guest characters = Their mere presence should nullify the entire game from being a Mortal Kombat game.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Please stop, I'm laughing really out loud

Raiden's fatalities have always been terrible. He's never had a great one imo

I agree. His MK9 ones are among the worst. But the one with his staff in MKX is a little better.

Still, my favorite are his MK:D fatalities.

Raiden needs fatalities that look like a thunder god is doing something to kill you, the one he has right now is terrible. If the body exploded completely it'd be better but I hope they give him a different one completely. I hope the one from the trailer where the other persons head just explodes would be fine.

Raiden needs fatalities that look like a thunder god is doing something to kill you, the one he has right now is terrible. If the body exploded completely it'd be better but I hope they give him a different one completely. I hope the one from the trailer where the other persons head just explodes would be fine.

All NRS need to do is redo Raidens MK2 fatalitys. The lightning upercut fatality is still awesome to watch,

Last edited:
The visual quality is a bit improvement over the last game which already looked good. Yes we can nitpick on the things you brought up but just as far as the quality of the effect as a whole I think it looks great. I wish Raiden would have a fatality more like that, where he shocks them until everything melts and falls off vs the stupid one they gave him in the demo.

It's not really a nitpick much so an expectation...Especially since like you said the visual quality is an improvement, and it's also, dare I say it, "realistic" :lol:

All NRS need to do is redo Raidens MK2 fatalitys. The lighting upercut fatality is still awesome to watch,

I forgot just how gory MK2 was. Jesus look at all those gibs... Something the newer games seem to lack actually.

Personality? What is wrong with vain characters? They are among the most interesting. It is not the evil characters fault that Ed Boon & CO give all the badguys the jobber status in favor for the boring good-humans...

It's more like he shows little in the way of personality.

Raiden's MK1 SNES censored fatality was better than the arcade one IMO.

Ohh shit I remember that one! I'd totally be fine with this fatality coming back.
It's nice to see somebody disintegrate to dust every now and then it's a nice change from slicing, dicing and ripping etc.

Considering their love for bringing back classic fatalities as Brutalities and even actual real finishers, imagine if they bring back Kabal's face Fatality from MK3 :laugh:

hibbityhoopblah.gif~c200

Imagine that bullshit in 4k lmao

Well...you can look at Skarlet's mug for reference at how it'll look like :lol:

There's something about low quality 2d art that makes it more disgusting. Like Baraka now looks goofy, meanwhile MK2 Baraka was giving me nightmares when I was a kid. So did Kabal.

Well...you can look at Skarlet's mug for reference at how it'll look like :lol:

There's something about low quality 2d art that makes it more disgusting. Like Baraka now looks goofy, meanwhile MK2 Baraka was giving me nightmares when I was a kid. So did Kabal.

HAHAHA That's just F'd up lol.

Ohh shit I remember that one! I'd totally be fine with this fatality coming back.
It's nice to see somebody disintegrate to dust every now and then it's a nice change from slicing, dicing and ripping etc.

Same here, it makes him seem more powerful to me than just arms blowing off like everyone else's moves do.

Tobias >>>>> all.
I also doubt that Boon has barely anything to do with the game. He's too busy laughing all the way to the bank :)

This is the reason why I love D’Vorah’s Swarm Fatality in MKX, because it showed the skin being eaten up all the way until the skull fell off of the body.
It was really well done and there aren’t enough flesh eating / rotting Fatalities in the newer games.