Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'ma keep it real chief, no QA person working for "a couple of months" is gonna know whats been going on during a whole 5 year timespan. This dude described enough stuff to have him connected to every single upper level manager like he's friends with all of them and those would be 100% easy to find. Most of that is stuff we already knew or could easily be determined by any of us. The fact that he only stuck to the exact same 4 people we already knew were coming is sketchy in itself. I can believe that we're only getting 4 cause they must be revealing Injustice 3 soon, but they claimed they wanted to increase the DLC numbers with each entry which would make this game have less than I2. The dude didn't even know they were continuing the game beyond releasing spawn when we ALL knew this prior to the game being released. The idea of a DLC story specifically tied to DLC characters would get a person fired for being stupid so I know that was never up for consideration. Sheeva looking like she does in the story is so barebones as a detail especially when you literally have the ability to change a character's outfit. QA doesn't work on ALL games for said studio in general. He either worked on I2 Mobile, MK11, MK11 mobile, or I3 so he'd only know real info on one. The nail in the coffin for me is the remake of the original 3 games when the dude who were about to be tasked with creating the remake of the original three officially (our very own on this forum) have confirmed that WB cancelled that idea cause it wasn't a viable business model in their eyes.

First time I hear about QA working on one project. Maybe you're confusing them with indie studios?

QA sits pretty much in the same area as game devs. I don't know why people still keep believing the stories about game rooms that are separated from devs and QA just sit there eating potato chips and play the game, but there is none of that shit. QA literally sits next to the dev and plays it on a nearby PC, while both or one of them takes notes. QA guys walk around in the same area as devs. All art and designs are often hanged on walls. So it is easy to see everything.

If you want to hear news you don't have to be friends with anyone. Chit chat is happening. Hell during my student group visit of Crytek in Frankfurt, I could hear devs talking about Ryse (yeah it was that long ago) mechanics. We were right in the next room, but they were just talking out loud (we have signed NDA, before entering) and nobody cared. Nobody turned off the screens for us, nobody fell silent. Hell I could solo to a toilet, while passing all devs and all the art they had on the walls. I could have spoiled half of the game from what I saw, by just walking to a damn toilet.

In short. Game studios aren't some Fort Knox fortresses where you have to have specific keycards to access certain levels. People talk there. Rumours or plans are shared between devs. That's literally a normal thing. The only thing that is keeping those secrets spilling out into the streets is NDA and entrance door.

Not to mention if OG devs are leaking the game info, then I just imagine how crap their security is on these matters. So yeah. couple of months is more than enough to gather all the juicy details.

The only question. Is it legit? We will find out. Spawn trailer is coming soon after all. That will be the first sign.

Easy. Kronika would offer him to get his people back.

Kronika can make almost anyone to join her side by making promises.

Reptile, Mileena, Khameleon, Tanya, Rain, all other villains, Nitara, Mokap (since he may not be appreciated by many characters), Sareena, Ashrah, and even Li Mei (knowing she can easily be manipulated and black mailed like how she was fooled in MKDA by the deadly alliance).

A good angle for Reptile would be stop being someone's slave for once and act on his own. Kotal's a cuck who gave up his throne and got beaten up more than anyone, Shao Kahn got killed off and humiliated. Kronika's full of shit, killed her own daughter. Why team up with these losers?

Real talk about leaks and such. Nobody knew MK11 even existed until the OG Johnny Cage (Daniel Pesina) leaked it in that one meet and greet YouTube video talking about how his brother is working on MK11 and such.

Probably before they screwed him over with Frost in MK11. That's how I was when they screwed over Post-MK3/New Characters in MKX and especially the plothole with Quan Chi and Shinnok's amulet/fake amulet. The moment she was bald in the leak and had cybernetic parts he basically said f*** this s***, lol.

Well, Noob Saibot (when he was alive) gave Quan Chi the real amulet and Shinnok had the fake amulet ever since. even in MK4 Shinnok has the fake amulet!

Last edited:
MK12 will probably be on the next gen systems much like MK9 and MKX were at the time. I still dislike the idea of rebooting things again because there's still room for new stories to be told.

Same here, dude.
I wanted to see more 3D era characters beyond MK11, but it looks like that won't be the case.
3 games and reboot.

Yeah, that's what I bet on myself. This "leak" sounds actually logical, considering what we know already.

This is exactly what I was talking about in post #6745 on the last page.
The 4chan "leak" that was posted on reddit is essentially the data mining (that had the 9 total DLC characters) + the leak involving the 2 stages (via various announcer audio files) and finisher type + Havik.
I have no reason to doubt the original Nintendo Switch data mining as 99.9% of the intro lines have been spot on, so I believe that at this time the last 3 characters are pretty much confirmed.
Imo, this leak sounds more credible than most of the others, but there are things throwing me off like Onaga being on MK mobile, when they have yet to add a character card (as Diamond or Gold) in MK mobile that wasn't previously in either MK9, MKX or MK11.
Again, well see on March 8th if this is legit or not.

Last edited:
Same here, dude.
I wanted to see more 3D era characters beyond MK11, but it looks like that won't be the case.
3 games and reboot.

This is exactly what I was talking about in post #6745 on the last page.
The 4chan "leak" that was posted on reddit is essentially the data mining (that had the 9 total DLC characters) + the leak involving the 2 stages (via various announcer audio files) and finisher type + Havik.
I have no reason to doubt the original Nintendo Switch data mining as 99.9% of the intro lines have been spot on, so I believe that at this time the last 3 characters are pretty much confirmed.
Imo, this leak sounds more credible than most of the others, but there are things throwing me off like Onaga being on MK mobile, when they have yet to add a character card (as Diamond or Gold) in MK mobile that wasn't previously in either MK9, MKX or MK11.
Again, well see on March 8th if this is legit or not.

Yeah. Out of all things, Onaga does seem a bit extreme, but we shall see. There is also a chance that character looks something like Onaga, but isn't one.

Yeah. Out of all things, Onaga does seem a bit extreme, but we shall see. There is also a chance that character looks something like Onaga, but isn't one.

I agree. Yeah, it could also be misinformation.
Prior to the data mining for the 9 DLC characters, there was a "leak" that mentioned Shang Tsung being on mobile as well as the 3 "secret characters" (which included Shang Tsung, Mileena and Shinnok, if I remember right) but it could have also been that the "leaker" just got some of the info wrong or added stuff.

Onaga won't be impossible because we would have all three khans in the game. I think they would have to shrink him down a bit because he is one of the biggest characters in the series. I would be cool if he return as DLC because he is the very few post-MK4 characters that I enjoy

I'm honestly just ready for a new game already. But, then again, I get less and less excited about the next release coming out. I know everyone has their own visions and opinions of the game. I've been a fan and playing since the beginning. Since trying to fight that mysterious green ninja who lived in a pit. I learned every characters special moves and Fatalities and soon I was pretty formidable. So, I know where Mortal Kombat got it's popularity from and how it became so big. So much of that has been forgotten or perhaps ignored. So much that made the game so addictive. Now the rage is, "Man, I hope I can unlock a pink scarf for Sub Zero!" or "Oooo, I hope they make Bill Nye a guest kharacter in KP2." Why? How did this happen? And seriously, WHY? Who needs Joker? He's got his own game. Real talk, he wouldn't stand a chance against anyone from the MK Universe, period. Where are all the stage fatalities? Where are all of the Animalites? Why can't I fight someone previously impossible by not using a kick button for 2 rounds and pushing down and START when Dan Forden pops out and says,"TOASTY!!!"? Where is Stryker? Where is Smoke and Jarek and Movado? Why Terminator? I miss what Mortal Kombat used to be. I really do.

Onaga won't be impossible because we would have all three khans in the game. I think they would have to shrink him down a bit because he is one of the biggest characters in the series. I would be cool if he return as DLC because he is the very few post-MK4 characters that I enjoy

But my point is that it's for MK mobile that the "leaker" on 4chan says Onaga will be in, not the main MK11 game, and that's where the red flag is for me.
They haven't added a character to the MK mobile game (as a Gold or Diamond card, which a character like Onaga would be) that wasn't previously in either the MK9, MKX or MK11 console games.
ALL of the characters on MK mobile are either in MK9, MKX or MK11 in some way, shape or form.

Was Cary confirmed to be at Final Kombat before the leak dropped? Because if he wasn't then I think the leak was just confirmed.

View attachment 9958

Not sure, but if true I seriously look forward to those 3 other MK characters being in and having 2 less guests than for KP1.
There's gonna be some upset people if that 4chan "leak" ends up being true, though.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are hoping / expecting another 6 characters for KP2.

MK not being back for another 5-6 years sucks dick tho. Also WB cutting all of that planned content is annoying af

Agreed, but with Injustice 3 likely being the next game to come out and them tying up that story arc, that seems about right with the timing if they also plan to extend the support for that game as well.

Yeah, that other planned content would have been cool to see.
I would have loved to have seen some of those other non-Trilogy characters for DLC, and an added area for the Krypt would have also been sweet.
I don't give 2 turds for a WWE game that's not SvR, and even then I haven't really played a GOOD SvR game since the mid-to-late 2000's.

Both of Injustice 2's endings hint towards yet another Batman Vs. Superman story. I have no excitement for IJ3 at all right now

I'm meh on the possibility of Injustice 3, as well, but that's mainly because I want to see what they have lined up for the rest of the roster.
We can expect the usual suspects like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, etc, etc, etc.... but I wanna see who else they're gonna add.
Killer Croc has been disrespected as just background fodder for 2 games in a row, and I was hoping to see other villains like the Penguin and King Shark in future games.
The only reason I bothered with story mode in Injustice 2 was to unlock Braniac.

It definitely is better than what MK has.

Problem though is that story could be even better, if there was no character chapter system.

Last edited:
Last WWE game I played was from 2006 or so. I remember when had to upgrade and repair my PC, left it for service. Come in the next day, guys were "testing" my PC by mashing their keyboard, raging at that game. :lol:

Meanwhile, the year is 2k20:

Last WWE game I played was from 2006 or so.

Same.
Last WWE game I enjoyed was around that time, either SvR '07 or '08.

As for the Inj2 story mode, I didn't care for it as much as the first game.

In general, though, MK11 has shown that NRS' whole story writing process is a mess.
NRS borrows the grandfather paradox in MK11, but then has plot-holes regarding stuff like Goro being dead.
Their explanation for Goro being dead in MK11 is that he died when "the whole island died, along with Shang Tsung."
The problem is that all of the younger versions of the klassic / Trilogy characters specifically come from the moment in time right after Ermac blows up Jax's arms and right befor Kung Lao has his neck snapped by Shao Kahn for showing off (MKII part of the MK9 story, Chapter 11).
The problem is that Shao Kahn doesn't kill of Shang Tsung until Chapter 13 of the MK9 story (Kabal chapter), so there's a hole there since Shao Kahn couldn't have killed off Shang Tsung, since there were pulled into Kotal's Koliseum after Kung Lao defeated the Deadly Alliance.
Not to mention, if Goro was dead as of MK9, then none of the shit in the comics (which NRS is claiming as being canon) ever really happened, because Goro would have been dead for 25+ years (time span of MK9 to MK11).
Further, the data mined intro lines for 1 of the future DLC characters points out the method in which Goro supposedly "really" died, so either the story mode is full of shit or the DLC intro lines are full of shit, but 1 way or another something got retconned yet again.
Nah, sorry, but NRS is inconsistent with the story all throughout and not JUST when it comes to endings.

I used to think "Well maybe Kittelsen can help make a better story mode for MK11," but I was wrong and I'm actually getting to the point where I'm agreeing with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] in that maybe the only one who can save the lore at this point is Tobias himself, because Vogel sure as hell can't.