Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I liked MKX Johnny. He stopped being just an annoying asshole to become an hero asshole. I think MKX gave Johnny much more dignity, something MK:A tried to do when it comes to backstory, but IMO failed. I've always hated Johnny Cage. MKX even made me play with him just a little bit.

Also, if MK11 takes moments after MKX, there's no way he wouldn't be in, he even became a must character. I mean, imagine Earthrealm going shit and the former champion is not there. Would make no sense regarding this time choice.

Dude I am praying that Johnny & Co. isn't the main hero again. This incredible story about a martial arts tournament tainted by mystical magic with gods, ninjas, demons & monsters. And the main characters are a boring white family with normal American issues.

Get that bullshit out of here man.

Yeah, when it comes as protagonist I don't want Johnny as one. I'm game about Liu Kang returning and getting the title again, but I think the Cages have done their part. Kinda hope they built more abilities on Cassie, since, you know, she defeated an Elder God on its probably most powerful form (Elder Gods know how), but not protagonist.

I'm Raiden team so, don't mind Johnny coming back, even though he could be a mentor or something, still, I prefer someone else. I just won't advocate for Raiden to fold this chapter because he's been protagonist of two games, secondary and almost last in MKX, so (but secret is that I wouldn't be mad if he was, the story is all about him too).

I think only 7 characters should've returned from mkx. Scorpion, Sub zero, Raiden , Liu kang, Kitana, Cassie and Kotal Kahn

I wouldn't mind Kung Lao returning if he wasn't in MKX doing nothing. But *sigh I think he'll be very useful this time. I hope?

No revenants should have been playable last game, would have been much more fresh to see Kung Lao and Kitana now. Erron Black returning, I'm ok, who knows if he doesn't kill Jax, right? D'vorah, I'm ok too, she was cool and she might have purpose. Kotal Kahn let's not even doubt he should be in, despite his poor participation, he is a must. Cassie we all know should return, champion and etc., the rest could have been optional, depending on the story IMO.

This whole "Game's as a service" thing is pretty big nowadays, and something the majority of fighters embrace. How do you guys feel about NRS embracing this and supporting MK11 for a few years after launch?

I'm kinda torn on it. I really want them to go all out for this game. I'd love if they kept adding characters, fatalities and maybe even story chapters. I'm in no rush for them to start work on Injustice 3. But at the same time, the longer they support MK11, the longer we'll have to wait for MK12.

This whole "Game's as a service" thing is pretty big nowadays, and something the majority of fighters embrace. How do you guys feel about NRS embracing this and supporting MK11 for a few years after launch?

I'm kinda torn on it. I really want them to go all out for this game. I'd love if they kept adding characters, fatalities and maybe even story chapters. I'm in no rush for them to start work on Injustice 3. But at the same time, the longer they support MK11, the longer we'll have to wait for MK12.

Me personally don't care about Injustice at all. I wish they just do Mortal Kombat games every 2 years or 3

Games as a good > gaming as a service

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This. I'd rather buy a new MK with a [actual] rotating base roster of 24-28 and a new story every 2 years with no DLC than buy MK once then spend an extra $20 every six months for 1/6 (now 1/4th) of the base roster. And that's just for the roster, not including costumes, modes, and extra story chapters. I kinda wish Street Fighter V did a better job at launch than it did because it seems like the only thing it influenced Netherealm to do is up the kombat packs from 4 fighters to 6 fighters, none of which are (currently) obtainable via playing the game.

Admittedly Injustice is very important to Mortal Kombat. Injustice has some really stupid ideas, stupid ideas that NRS thankfully tests out on that game before they try implementing it into MK.

I'm so happy that MK isn't getting the character customization that Injustice had. That they listened to feedback and refined it for their baby

I love DC, I always follow Injustice series, but I'm ridiculously more interested in MK.

Kinda middle term here: I wish they released the game and kept building it a little more. I love story, story is my first love in MK series, so I think it would be absolutely nice if they started adding later. You know, like secondary scenarios? I mean, Fujin should have appeared in MKX, but they decided to just cut him. It would be way better if they added a few chapters of him in the Netherrealm and what happened to them.

After these things in a while, I would be satisfied to have another game. I'm talking during the cue where they keep filling the game with guest characters and even MK characters, they could also add secondary stories and who knows, new game modes. They could totally revamp Motor Kombat or Chess Kombat, and I do think they should bring again Konquest mode, since everybody like MK:SM style, and they could have cutscenes and fights, just like Armageddon was (but could be more free roam as Deception).

I just don't think they should go ESO and start adding to the game so much that TESVI is almost a death sentence to wait. They could add a little more, enough to build for another game in a few years. I think the gap between MKX and MK11 is nice, I really don't want MK to become COD or BF or AC (after Ezio) because it just looses the whole build up and even the quality of the game.

Now those ideas, paid DLC? I wish it was just like what CAPCOM is doing with Resident Evil now. Alternate chapters = free DLC. Specially because everything here is ridiculously expensive, so I'm biased about it. MK is the only game I spend my money on release, all the others I usually wait. Next TES will probably be the same, I wish that for RE series, but I saved for MK :)

MKX made me like him more as one of the well developed characters of the MK franchise from being an asshole to being a Mentor, father/family guy (still being an asshole at the same time).

I agree with this. He, Raiden and Shinnok were my favourite characters in the MKX story.

I'm also with you there, that I'd love to see more characters coming post-launch, even after a (most likely) KP2, but I also know that they can't keep making characters, skin, stages and other things forever.
It's just that with a limited 25 character roster (even with Shao Kahn excluded as the 26th spot) and with everyone always asking for klassics like Noob, Kabal, Baraka, Jade, etc, etc, etc... the chances of getting other characters that others like me have asked for (like ones from the 3D era) gets smaller and smaller.

So, yeah, I'm torn.
On the 1 hand, not every character should be on the roster (IMO), but on the other hand I also selfishly want to see characters that haven't been in an MK game for over 13 years, like Fujin, Reiko and Havik (and yes, maybe even Daegon) who got awesome parts written for them in the MKX comics.
I mean, especially now, since the same dude who gave those 3D era characters some badass roles in the comics is ALSO involved in writing the MK11 story.

I actually can’t wait to play the game. The graphics on my PS Pro will be great, it’s already beautiful on YouTube. I think there will be more content than in the last games. They are really not saying much about game modes. An integrated sort of Shaolin Monks with young and good LK and KL would be so nice.

Admittedly Injustice is very important to Mortal Kombat. Injustice has some really stupid ideas, stupid ideas that NRS thankfully tests out on that game before they try implementing it into MK.

I'm so happy that MK isn't getting the character customization that Injustice had. That they listened to feedback and refined it for their baby

This. The Injustice 2 gear system was a complete mess. As killer as it is to wait so long for new MK games, I'm more than happy with Injustice being the testing grounds for their ideas.

What if this ends up being the first DLC pack?

Fujin
Reptile
Sindel
Nightwolf
Spawn
Michael Myers

Still too early for Kompass Pass 2 predictions. I think Terminator, Pennywise, Doomslayer and Robocop are very possible for DLC. MKX and Injustice 2 had four guests. MK11 will probably do the same.