Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

It is funny how he said by keep adding Rain he will be stale, while we haven't seen Rain in years and even mk9 he was dlc

That interview was a bunch of nonsense. Other than shilling Robocop, saying whatever about Fujin (Raiden's...brother?...so now they care about ancient, barely known lore??), the stale bit is just hilarious. Yeah...Kano, Kitana, Jacqui, Jax... they don't get stale. Neither do the guest characters. I suppose that's why Ermac is "dead" now, Reptile just disappeared and Rain is being Rain... because they got stale. :lol: Not as bad as his Playboy "interview", but still pretty bad.

Last edited:
[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] I left you a private message 1 week ago.

I don't know if you saw it, was hoping you'd reply.

That screams fake to me. Rambo in MK would be cool, but the movie hype for Rambo 5 is done and over with. I think we will probably get Takeda, Quan Chi, and Ash as our last three characters because they were mention in the 4chan leak and that leak got things correctly with Aftermath. I do want Havik, but I feel like his chances are done now until MK12. He is going to be the new Fujin when it comes to character request.

What things right did the 4chan leak with Takeda, Quan Ci and Ash get?

He compares Aftermath in that interview to what people refer to as a GOTY edition and XL, which I’ve been saying for a while that Aftermath is the equivalent of XL but nobody fcking listens to me.
I can predict people being pissed off because they built up this fantasy in their head about what “longer support” actually meant, when it could very well =/= more characters.
Same thing happened when the Anniversary of MK11 passed and people were pissed because they built up this fantasy in their heads that NRS would announce something specifically on that date.

Also, he goes on to say that he wants to support it at higher levels and remained vague about whether more support means new characters, features or modes at the moment.
Longer support could also mean regarding balance patches and fixes to the overall meta of the game like breakaways, for example.

I agree. He also mentioned new "modes", so, there's always hope for something else, but overall this support is certainly not abandoning the game. But I think this doesn't rule out new Kombat Packs, even though it really seems story wise this is really the ending.

If there's more Kombat Packs, I wish there were new story chapters, even if they happen in between the events of Aftermath, and let's NEVER forget that MK11 is TWO YEARS after MKX, so yes, there's space for new stories with new or returning characters. I mean, there's two fcking years of Dark Raiden pressuring other realms, IF they wanted to explore this, they absolutely could.

That interview was a bunch of nonsense. Other than shilling Robocop, saying whatever about Fujin (Raiden's...brother?...so now they care about ancient, barely known lore??), the stale bit is just hilarious. Yeah...Kano, Kitana, Jacqui, Jax... they don't get stale. Neither do the guest characters. I suppose that's why Ermac is "dead" now, Reptile just disappeared and Rain is being Rain... because they got stale. :lol: Not as bad as his Playboy "interview", but still pretty bad.

While I agree with you that characters like Kano, Kitana, Jax, etc. could have skipped at the least one game - MKX, the perfect opportunity for them, Kung Lao and Liu Kang to be kept out of the roster, specially those who were Reventans - and they could have returned pretty fresh on MK11, making the absence of the likes Reptile and Mileena less impactful...

I still don't understand the "Raiden's...brother?...so now they care about ancient, barely known lore??". I mean, let's say they didn't care before, something I won't enter in the merit, but... so what, they care now, isn't it good? Shouldn't this be celebrated? I certainly won't lie while the backstories have been relatively wide compared to the usual, they are not going deep, and not everybody always get the same spotlight, but choices must be made.

If Fujin's backstory and relation with Raiden isn't celebrated as a win, well, I guess there's not much logic to complain about the fact they "don't care", at the least the way I see it.

I'm glad that Mileena is not in the game. She had her moment to shine in MKX and I'm glad that character that have not been in an MK game since MK9 or Armgeddon have come back like Fujin, Noob, Baraka, Kabal, etc. I also don't want them to have characters on the base roster from MKX to be DLC because it feels rather cheap to do that. Those characters were free to play in the last game and having people pay for them would feel like a dirty move if you ask me.

If calling someone a brother is considered caring about the lore, then I am J. R. R Tolkien. That interview literally just confirmed that they do absolutely everything on the go.

To be fair, at least now they made it absolutely clear on how they see MK World. It is a platform for them to use movie references, it has nothing to do with being a world of its own. Hence why they don't care about consistency. If they find a good way to reference 80-90s movie, then they will use it. Yeah. So I was right. John Tobias tried to bring in an ancient/mystical world, but once they split and MK started mixing up with with universes like DC, they just decided to make MK into Pop culture platform. No wonder we get rap in MK trailers.

If compared to other games like DOOM, it is pretty obvious really. Where you have a game that has music matching the gameplay/theme, deep lore with set system/hierarchy and sequels that don't make you question your sanity, and then you have something like MK, where story is decided by throwing shit at the wall and looking for what sticks, while lore building is limited to political pandering, calling someone a brother or throwing in a character with no build up and saying that this character was behind everything.

And I can't say anything. They are creators. Just wish I saw that earlier, before I decided to invest myself into this trilogy's "story" expecting to get actual world building.

And yeah. It ain't as bad Playboy one. Playboy one was cringe inducing. Still can't understand what was he thinking. Goes to Playboy for interview and then tells how bad MK9 was, yet the game was their major comeback. Doesn't help remembering those live action commercials they did for Sonya, Mileena, Kitana.

"We want to show off realistic clothing textures!" Riiight. On Unreal Engine 3.5 in 2019. Sure buddy.

While I agree with you that characters like Kano, Kitana, Jax, etc. could have skipped at the least one game - MKX, the perfect opportunity for them, Kung Lao and Liu Kang to be kept out of the roster, specially those who were Reventans - and they could have returned pretty fresh on MK11, making the absence of the likes Reptile and Mileena less impactful...

I still don't understand the "Raiden's...brother?...so now they care about ancient, barely known lore??". I mean, let's say they didn't care before, something I won't enter in the merit, but... so what, they care now, isn't it good? Shouldn't this be celebrated? I certainly won't lie while the backstories have been relatively wide compared to the usual, they are not going deep, and not everybody always get the same spotlight, but choices must be made.

If Fujin's backstory and relation with Raiden isn't celebrated as a win, well, I guess there's not much logic to complain about the fact they "don't care", at the least the way I see it.

I mean they have Sindel and Sheeva in the same game, and they didn't care about lore then. It's cool that they brought this up (really obscure, I actually forgot about this at first). The small problem with this though...MKX. Look at Raiden and Fujin there, they acted anything but like brothers. Slight inconsistency, but oh well.

Basically, I don't get their selective nature. Fujin has something that was only mentioned....in a guide book...from an age old game....meanwhile Sheeva, Sindel and so many more...The writers go "What's lore?" :lol:

"We want to show off realistic clothing textures!" Riiight. On Unreal Engine 3.5 in 2019. Sure buddy.

Scorpion's MK9 outfit looks amazing though. There's nothing "realistic" about it and that's why it kicks ass. Same with Shredder Zero... Looks great in game (goofy in the reveal render), is anything but "realistic", "mature & respectful", "sophisticated" but it kicks ass.

Who knows....MK13, Mileena confirmed with MK9 costume? :rofl:

Last edited:
What in the hell are they doing to Kotal man? He was one of the favorites from MKX. Now in MK11 he got killed in his own reveal trailer, back broken by Shao Kahn, Kahnum taken by Kitana and now he's getting manhandled by the Queen of all jobbers Sheeva

Kano, Kitana, and Jax are the most iconic characters in the series. Even they even retcon MK1's story to have Jax on Shang Tsung's Island in MK9, and the MK animated movie given how iconic his character is. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, and Sonya are five MK characters that have the most game apperances, and will always return. I do agree with Ed that it's nice for some characters to sit out for a while.

Bullshit. Reptile is easily one of the most iconic characters, and yet he's sitting out for no reason. Meanwhile this dude keeps appearing.

What in the hell are they doing to Kotal man? He was one of the favorites from MKX. Now in MK11 he got killed in his own reveal trailer, back broken by Shao Kahn, Kahnum taken by Kitana and now he's getting manhandled by the Queen of all jobbers Sheeva

You also forgot he almost got killed by D'Vorah, only to be saved by Jade, who later on knocks his lights out.

As far as I'm concerned, Kotal Kuck deserves the extra beating by Sheeva.

Welcome to the club of "Your favorite character is b%tch." Would you like some cookies and milk, as we watch our characters turned into an even bigger joke?

Cause I will be clearly watching Frost in the story mode again. I bet now she will blame Fujin for ignoring her.
"You never cared about me! You didn't even allow me to kill you!"

Welcome to the club of "Your favorite character is b%tch."

Hey, I'm enjoying Kotal getting clobbered over and over. It's great opportunity to give Baraka and Crew some time out, as them getting owned as jobbers "got stale" :lol:

Kotal's a true gentleman. Owned by D'Vorah, Jade, Kitana, Sheeva. Not even good enough for being Sindel's bodyguard apparently. That's 5 by 5! I love it :rofl:

I mean they have Sindel and Sheeva in the same game, and they didn't care about lore then. It's cool that they brought this up (really obscure, I actually forgot about this at first). The small problem with this though...MKX. Look at Raiden and Fujin there, they acted anything but like brothers. Slight inconsistency, but oh well.

Basically, I don't get their selective nature. Fujin has something that was only mentioned....in a guide book...from an age old game....meanwhile Sheeva, Sindel and so many more...The writers go "What's lore?" :lol:

Scorpion's MK9 outfit looks amazing though. There's nothing "realistic" about it and that's why it kicks ass. Same with Shredder Zero... Looks great in game (goofy in the reveal render), is anything but "realistic", "mature & respectful", "sophisticated" but it kicks ass.

Who knows....MK13, Mileena confirmed with MK9 costume? :rofl:

Wait, I didn't get the reference: what's the deal about having Sindel and Sheeva in the same game? You mean their individual story or the relation between both? You mean that both of them have more lore substance than Fujin and yet they are secondary characters, right? Well, if so, Sheeva is as important as Fujin as it seems, and I bet Sindel and Shang Tsung will have prominent roles.

About the MKX part, I'll have to disagree. They were so brothers during that sequence, they saved each other multiple times and even gave each other that small "r u ok, pal?" nod after Sindel tested Fujin's hearing ability. There was a different relation going on between them on that scene, much less formal than MK4. The nonsensical part was that Fujin was absent from that game IMO, but now I'm not mad, that could mean his demise in this current game.

I even remember during that time, when that cutscene was released before the game, a lot of people were pointing the apparent family tie between both.

Now, about the selective nature, I certainly preferred they went deep into every character as possible, but think about it, Sindel and Sheeva have much more backstory than Fujin, it's an opportunity for an otherwise forgotten character who's basically Raiden's second in command. If they flesh out backstories, even with small references expanded, I think characters who get less attention than Fujin can have a decent comeback. And we we'll see it soon, but it really seems Sindel and Sheeva will have prominent roles in the story.

Anybody noticed that Kotal went on his maturity trek in Earthrealm around 600 years ago (during the time the Spanish conquiztadors finally came to the Americas) and he was young, but in the dialogues for MK11 these writers have him and Sindel say that he was her bodyguard 10.000 years ago??

They have no idea what they even established.

Either we can consider time flows differently between the realms - and that's no excuse, that was established in MK:D, even though it was a convoluted notion; or...

we can always remember these comics started nice and then of a suddenly they were inventing the greatest BS I've ever seen in my life. I usually prefer to forget these comics exist and the Reiko Accords happened because of something else entirely.

Remember when Sub-Zero was everyone’s punching bag? I remember that clearly as day. Now Kortal is getting it.

Bullshit. Reptile is easily one of the most iconic characters, and yet he's sitting out for no reason. Meanwhile this dude keeps appearing.

Yeah, if there's one character out of the original 7 I think should sit out of the next game, it's Kano. Introduce his son and have him out for revenge. If Kano does come back in MK12, then I'll be convinced that NRS is only putting him in just for the sake of having all of the original 7. Hell, ever since they started doing story modes, he's the only MK1 character that's never had his own chapter.