Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

And a slut to go along with all that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hey I loved her MK9/Deception outfits. Fits with the character. But she pretty much stayed the same old same old for N amount of games. It's too bad that my man Kotal wasn't the one who dispatched her. Legit gutted!

Masochism is getting pleasure from your own suffering. [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] is extracting pleasure from the suffering of others. Not masochism!

And truth be told I understand how he feels. Not only are the cries of "X isn't in so this game sucks" premature, especially in light of the fact that DLC is a thing so we won't know the full roster for another ~year, but more importantly they're god damn annoying.

I've been wanting to see Reiko done right for the better part of the last decade. The MKX comic was the biggest tease of all time. And how many times have you heard me complain about Reiko's lack of inclusion in either game? Zeeerrrrrrrrooooooo. Literally zero. I just stfu and enjoy what I do get.

Sorry, sadist behavior.
And truth be told, it’s still a jerk move to wish a character not be in specifically so that someone else suffers.
As much as I may not agree with everyone on here, I’ve never wished a character be missing so that someone else is upset.
That’s some petty / passive-agressive shit, on another level.

Also, just speaking for myself, I’ve never EVER skipped out on a game or cancelled an MK preorder because 1 or 2 characters are missing, but that doesn’t mean that I also won’t express displeasure in all of the Klassics constantly taking up spaces while 3D and new characters take a back seat.
Aside from Fujin and the 8 new MKX characters, the other 16 were just in MK9, so yeah, I’m not going to be sorry for wanting less of those characters vs characters that haven’t been in an MK since 2006.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had 59 characters. And that was in 2012. MKA had 63 (including the Wii exclusive Khameleon), and that was 6 years earlier.

Bar set. That's why 25 is too small.

Oh, and about TTT2 and MKA; wanna know how many guest characters those 2 games had combined? A big fat ZERO!

Those games recycled their characters from past games. MK11 has an all new cast

Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Raiden and Baraka are not new characters.
No matter what coat of paint they’ve given them for MK11, it’s still the same characters that have been around since 1992.
Some variation may have changed, but at the core it’s still the same characters.

Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Raiden and Baraka are not new characters.
No matter what cost of paint they’ve given them for MK11, it’s still the same characters that have been around since 1992.
Some variation may have changed, but at the core it’s still the same characters.

New characters in the sense that they don't function like they used to. They have new normals, a TON of new specials and new mechanics.

I don't understand the roster size complaints. Would you want this game to take another 4 years to develop? Or would you accept an awful end product just so you can play 50 Shades of Shit? I've heard there are those MUGEN compilations that can satisfy your thirst.

Scorpion still throws the spear, teleports and has fire breathing moves that resemble his MK4 version.
Sub-Zero still has his ice ball, slide and forms ice weapons.
Raiden still teleports, has the Electric Fly move and still shoots bolts of lightning.
Liu Kang most likely will have fireballs, flying kick or bicycle kicks.
Kabal will likely still have his speed move, hookswords, floor saw and helmet blast.

Again, at the core these are the same characters that have been around for 27 years.
No matter how much you want to say that they’re new characters, they’re not, they’ve just been giving some additional options.
Painting a car a different color, adding exhaust or rims doesn’t stop that car from being a certain make and model, just the same way that adding some new moves to a klassic character doesn’t make them a new character.
Still the same characters with some additional stuff now, due to Injustice 2 Customization being the inspiration for it.

New character = Geras.

Scorpion still throws the spear, teleports and has fire breathing moves that resemble his MK4 version.
Sub-Zero still has his ice ball, slide and forms ice weapons.
Raiden still teleports, has the Electric Fly move and still shoots bolts of lightning.
Liu Kang most likely will have fireballs, flying kick or bicycle kicks.
Kabal will likely still have his speed move, hookswords, floor saw and helmet blast.

Again, at the core these are the same characters that have been around for 27 years.
No matter how much you want to say that they’re new characters, they’re not, they’ve just been giving some additional options.
Painting a car a different color, adding exhaust or rims doesn’t stop that car from being a certain make and model, just the same way that adding some new moves to a klassic character doesn’t make them a new character.
Still the same characters with some additional stuff now, due to Injustice 2 Customization being the inspiration for it.

New character = Geras.

You still don't get what I'm saying. You think this is about roster choice. I'm talking about the mechanics about them. Scorpion in MKX is wildly different from Scorpion in MK11, I'm saying he's a new character in how he functions. His spear doesn't even stun anymore unless you use meter. Sub-Zero lost his ice clone, Raiden's teleport can only be used with meter. In appearance of course they are the same characters, but I'm simply trying to explain why the roster isn't 70+ characters right now. It's because they didn't just port over Scorpion from the last game in his entirety like so many other fighting games do.

Roster size would be bigger, but creating variations takes time. This entire variation system is what limits the size of the roster.

Also it is current practice of Western Industry to "include less for more". So they limit our roster size, but make sure that we get more from one character, while the games that have 40 chars, tend to only have one style of fighting.

Like how Kitana was technically also Jade, thanks to her Mournful Variation.

To put it simple. No variations = more characters. Variations included = less characters.

The thing with games like Trilogy and Armageddon is that they recycle so much stuff from previous games, so of course they can easily fit in a massive roster.

With MK11 they still have to build old characters from the ground up with new and touched up animations, new models, and new move sets. All of which they have to tweak until the game releases.

That's why I'm skeptical of Reptile and Rain being in since based on their icons they have their designs from previous games or at least something similar.(Because TBH, if you made those types of icons for Scorpion and Sonya I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from their MKX designs. Plus Rain seems to be wearing something new on the menu anyway.)

Not that they don't ever reuse appearances. Such as Scorpion's tournament outfit and Injustice outfit in MKX. And not to mention Sektor and Cyrax in MKX as a part of triborg. And even Kano on the MK11 menu shares a lot of similarities with his MKX design.

Regardless, I'm pretty excited to see what this roster looks like. 25 is actually quite a bit of room, if it were a 30 slot roster I doubt nearly as many people would be worrying.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had 59 characters. And that was in 2012. MKA had 63 (including the Wii exclusive Khameleon), and that was 6 years earlier.

Bar set. That's why 25 is too small.

Oh, and about TTT2 and MKA; wanna know how many guest characters those 2 games had combined? A big fat ZERO!

I rather have a game that is nice and balance than a huge list of characters. MKA is not a good example to use since that game got disliked by people for feeling too similar to the last two MK games before it and the small number of combos that you can perform. Not to mention, the fatality system and the arcade endings in that game was a total joke.

Those games recycled their characters from past games. MK11 has an all new cast
At least those games didn't have guest characters, which made the large rosters even better! Mokap is superior to Predator.

Last edited:
What's "AI Behaviour" by the way? It's in customization options. I skipped I2 so no idea.

You can set how the AI behaves in fights. If you want your Sub-Zero to be a defensive zoner with good anti airs, rushdown with good combos or different mixes. It was used in Injustice so you can see how the AI uses your character in certain ways, or you would use it in modes that let you use an AI as your character so you could grind for gear

That Skarlet re-design! I'm speechless. After they've finished perfecting face models, I believe she'll be perfect. Way to take an annoying and terribly designed character and give her personality and interesting moves.

Really like the idea of Rain, Kabal and Jade being rumoured with a good percentage of chance of being included; however, I feel spoiled with the Skarlet re-design and I'd love if they included more forgotten characters. I'm rooting for Jarek, Ashrah, Hotaru and Havik, personally, but I'd be happy with most D.A.-Armageddon new characters, honestly. Also, while I get they're overrated, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Frost and Tremor are all welcome.

Interesting interviews posted above, thanks. Good to see microtransactions/lootboxes ruled out, so it'll be like MKX in terms of DLC.

Interesting interviews posted above, thanks. Good to see microtransactions/lootboxes ruled out, so it'll be like MKX in terms of DLC.
I distinctly remember being able to literally buy the unlocked Krypt in its entirety for a whopping $20 (of course, I ended up unlocking the whole damn thing for free instead).