Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If Fujin isn't in the main game I hope he at least makes it as DLC. I also hope they get rid of the crossbow as it makes no sense.

To be fair though, if it takes 1 month for one character, wouldn't they just hire more people to create more characters? If you remove Variations, they could've technically added another 20+ characters seeing how some variations were basically different characters like Kitana's Mournful Variation. And if I remember correctly, they said they reworked most animations depending on the variations due to costume changes like the Dragon Medallion for Subzero.

They already have a studio with I think 200 people Ed said plus a lot of contractors. You can only throw so many people at a problem before it becomes more of a hindrance than help, though maybe they haven't hit the wall yet and hiring people could help. Removing variations doesn't really change this. When MK9 was coming out I remember Ed saying characters took a month to do, so that hasn't changed. All variations really do is remove some of the moves from one version and add them to another, it still takes the same amount of time to capture all those moves, it's just which ones are available in each variation. The bit I'd agree on is that maybe they have to take a bit longer for varying animations, but that's only a small percentage of what goes into making a character. Maybe if they took out variations, combined with the extra staff these days, plus improvements in workflow and tech, it might take 3.5 weeks instead of a month, but variations don't really change the process all that much, they're still delivering a new game every 2 years so it's not like variations made the game take longer, it's still April every other year.

It's crazy to think that people still believe less variations mean more characters. Removing Scorpion's flipkick and sword stance doesn't magically mean Hotaru can be added the roster. The level of resources required are vastly different between a variation and a full blown character

Variations are just that. Variations. When Derek said it took 1 month minimum for one character, it doesn't mean that removing variations would automatically give way for garbage characters. It still would take more or less a month to build a character.

We're not getting Armageddon. Deal with it.

I actually love Jax without his metal arms. MKII Jax was so sick because he could do everything regular Jax could with just his strength. He became really boring to me when he got the enhancements. Even his MK9 alternate bothered me, because instead of normal arms he had Jacqui style gauntlets.

Fcking mobile TRMK...

Cage trio? No Reptile, Dvorah yet Noob and Mileena? GENDERBENDER KOTAL?? No cyborgs?

100% rotten.

OMG, what have I done... I've spoiled the roster for myself... after getting the Jax message I just had to know.

Spoilers ahead, you don't have to believe me, but see for yourself the final roster:

1: Scorpion
2: Raiden
3: Sub-Zero
4: Johnny Cage
5: Sonya Blade
6: Cassie Cage
7: Liu Kang
8: Kitana
9: Takeda
10: Jade (yes!)
11: Fujin (Finally)
12: Kabal
13: Skarlet
14: Baraka
15: Mileena (Unexpected, fan service)
16: Shang Tsung (Awesome)
17: Noob (Very different)
18: Kano (ugh, again)
19: Erron Black
20: Kotal (Strangely there isn't Khan behind his name?)
21: Xtabay (Seems like a new Aztec-based female character, probably of Kotal's race)
22: Aurum (Seems like a new black dragon member, don't know if it is Kano's son, seems a little bit old for that)
23: Geras
24: Kronika
25: Shao Kahn

No sign of Kung Lao or Jax, probably they are just NPC's which you CAN'T fight or DLC.
No Rain... AGAIN... :-(

Don't like the roster, at least there are no Jacqui, Bo Rai Cho, and Li Mei though...

EDIT: Both Reptile and Ermac have models in the game, probably DLC? Or story-mode appearances?

Who are you trying to fool?
You must have forgot that they showed kung lao fighting already

The female Kotal isn't anything like him though, not the same skin and not green paint, she looks savage and I'm not sure she is on his side.
Cage trio = UGH, it seems that Cassie Cage and Takeda were the last two characters they added, their files are the last two before Smoke.

MIleena and Noob are very popular, maybe not by you, but by many others they are. I'm sure Reptile and a cyborg will get in for DLC, probably D'vorah too, I hope so, as D'vorah is one of my favorite characters.

I don't really like the roster, but it could be worse.

Just doesn't make sense to me to replace alive characters with dead characters. They should be the ones on DLC, not otherwise.

Screw female Kotal in any shape or form.

Those were probably cinematics. He's not in, i'm sorry. His model, together with Jax, Jacqui, Kenshi, Sindel, Reptile and Ermac are in the game though, so they are probably in story mode as NPC (that you can't fight)

Well I have seen the footage myself on the london stream. He was fighting

Weren't there talks that Baraka isn't really Baraka but some Tarkatan who rose through the ranks?

I smell bullshit, you dug around for 29 mins and found some random shit online "somewhere" from "someone" (some how that nobody else can find) and you of all people believed it to be true and wrote all that horse shit out in detail.. in 29 mins.

Rhizodus, I want to believe you.. for Fujin.

If this is bullshit, this will not be forgotten and you will not be forgiven.

you don't have to believe me

I don't, so you don't have to worry.

Noob (Very different)

Different in what way? Be specific if you want people to believe you.

Kotal (Strangely there isn't Khan behind his name?)

His name... where? In-game, somebody's fan fiction?

Xtabay (Seems like a new Aztec-based female character, probably of Kotal's race)

So believable (end of sarcasm)

Aurum (Seems like a new black dragon member, don't know if it is Kano's son, seems a little bit old for that)

You've seen how old he looks? But you're not sure if Xtabay is an osh-tekk. LOL.

at least there are no Jacqui, Bo Rai Cho, and Li Mei though...

Bo and Li Mei are my fave 3D era characters. Keep antagonizing me!...

Well we will see. Kombat Kasts are coming soon. So we will see if Rhizodus is bullshitting us or speaks the truth. I will believe in this being legit, if Xbatay or Aurum get revealed. And they usually reveal new characters first.

Also kinda sucks that no Frost again. But we will see.

I'm almost sure boon or someone from an interview pretty much confirmed Kung Lao playable. Just an off hand comment that he wouldn't say if he was not playable. I'll try and look for it

OMG, what have I done... I've spoiled the roster for myself... after getting the Jax message I just had to know.

Spoilers ahead, you don't have to believe me, but see for yourself the final roster:

21: Xtabay (Seems like a new Aztec-based female character, probably of Kotal's race)
22: Aurum (Seems like a new black dragon member, don't know if it is Kano's son, seems a little bit old for that)

No sign of Kung Lao or Jax, probably they are just NPC's which you CAN'T fight or DLC.

Don't like the roster, at least there are no Jacqui, Bo Rai Cho, and Li Mei though...

EDIT: Both Reptile and Ermac have models in the game, probably DLC? Or story-mode appearances?

Yeah this ain't it chief. Few things:
1) Literally listed from Earthrealm to Outworld like any normal listing.
2) I know they said they'd bring fan favorites, but lets be real this list looks like pure fanservice mixed with throw s*** together.
3) DLC counted as the 25th Character as well as convinently placing a sub-boss and boss at the bottom even though the boss might not be playable whatsoever.
4) Too many literal Background Characters as well as missing Kung Lao who, iirc, people said was seen literally in-game playable.
5) Reptile literally never misses a game. Never. So much that he was Onaga in Deception just to keep him there. And Not even a DLC worthy character.

What has Fujin, or Li Mei ever done?

In the new timeline where NRS put him in for 5 minutes in MKX and then cut him out without any explanation?
Not much, but that's the point, that he HASN'T had a chance to shine or become an even better character.

I want to believe this roster for the sake of Fujin, Kotal, 2 more new characters and Kronika all being playable, I really do.
I really wouldn't miss Reptile, but I really doubt that Reptile won't be in and Kung Lao has been confirmed as playable.

I'm almost sure boon or someone from an interview pretty much confirmed Kung Lao playable. Just an off hand comment that he wouldn't say if he was not playable. I'll try and look for it

I think people also said that on the UK stream there was footage of him being playable in a video.
Not sure if it's the same thing you are referencing, though.