Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If the season pass is 6 characters, I guess Pack 1 will have four MK characters and two guest fighters. It could be something like this:

Female fighter

That's a stupid criteria. Why does it matter what's between a videogame character's legs?

I think it has to do with the fact that they don't develop the PC version in house for some reason. A damn shame since a) it earns them a LOT of money as confirmed by Boon himself and b) they use PCs to make the game anyways. I suppose when they roll out the Switch beta before PC they'll ask "don't you guys have Switch?" :lol:

Speaking of which, I think I'll need to get a controller for this b!tch...Playing MKX on a keyboard proved masochistic enough.

MKX on a keyboard. I am gonna channel Tarkatan_Trash here.

*inhales*

HEEEEREEEEEEESY! REPENT! HERETIC!

Also they can go f%ck themselves with that excuse. I don't care, if it is in house or out of house. They charge 60-80 bucks. I want my money's worth. Not leftovers, for the same price.

Funnily enough, playing mugen or emulated mk2 with keyboard is easy enough. I got used to it. It's the newer games that have issues with it. Still getting flashbacks of Kotal throwing burning pizzas for no reason...

Funnily enough, playing mugen or emulated mk2 with keyboard is easy enough. I got used to it. It's the newer games that have issues with it. Still getting flashbacks of Kotal throwing burning pizzas for no reason...

Well past games were quite different. I also remember playing SF2 on keyboard. Controls were easier and were designed with keyboard in mind. Good times.

But current games? Nah. While it gives ultra precision footwork, combos are a nightmare if combo requires to make circles.

Well past games were quite different. I also remember playing SF2 on keyboard. Controls were easier and were designed with keyboard in mind. Good times.

But current games? Nah. While it gives ultra precision footwork, combos are a nightmare if combo requires to make circles.

I didn't have so many bogus inputs in Mk9 like I did in MKX either. Perhaps the new engine will fix this in 11.

Technically, there already has been a black Sub-Zero for the last 25 years; they just changed his name to Noob Saibot.

Which is why I have no issue with a black color option for Sub-Zero. Black costumed Sub-Zero = Bi-Han.

-6 additional DLC fighters (so far)

I'll wait until January to pre-order.
I'm not just going to blindly pre-order a KP / Battle Pass, only to be stuck with 2 more guests that I don't give a shit about.

- New personalization system, with clothes, accessories and move sets never seen before

Great, so special moves / abilities will be locked behind another bullshit rng system? Way to fvck that up NRS.
If it end up being anything like Injustice 2's rng system, sadly I don't see myself playing the game for too long.
The bullshit grind-fest only to never be able to unlcok special moves was total ass, and I quickly lost interest in it.
Robin plays like Nightwing with the Staff Of Grayson and The Flash's Sonic Bolt and Sonic Parry completey change the way that I used the character, but locking special moves behind RNG is utter horseshit.

About personalization system... It sounds interesting but I have to agree with TT on ninja colors. I always thought that colors were their trade mark. I don't want to see pink Scorpions or yellow Reptiles etc. I know that nowadays it's possible to recognize ninjas not just by their colors, but it is more than recognizing. In Tekken I also recognize fighters but since that, Tekken has become something you call "weird japanese sh*t" IMHO - King with a pigeon head or other weird stuff.

Up there there is an idea about customization that would make sense (Scorpion and yellow shades etc.) I want MK11 to have possibilities of combining different outfit parts that suit the character. Classic Scorpion in our new trailer seems to combine his UMK3 body with a MK2 mask. Such things would be great and I don't think NRS would do it too "Tekkenish".

Personally I'd like to try customizing a ninja outfit from the first MK movie. I really like the designs and masks. Combining outfits from 2D and 3D era would be interesting as well. I didn't play Injustice 2 but I trust NRS and I don't think they'd screw this game up. All in all and besides a few little flaws I am really happy with what they've done to MK since MK 2011 and this new trilogy.

About personalization system... It sounds interesting but I have to agree with TT on ninja colors. I always thought that colors were their trade mark. I don't want to see pink Scorpions or yellow Reptiles etc. I know that nowadays it's possible to recognize ninjas not just by their colors, but it is more than recognizing. In Tekken I also recognize fighters but since that, Tekken has become something you call "weird japanese sh*t" IMHO - King with a pigeon head or other weird stuff.

Up there there is an idea about customization that would make sense (Scorpion and yellow shades etc.) I want MK11 to have possibilities of combining different outfit parts that suit the character. Classic Scorpion in our new trailer seems to combine his UMK3 body with a MK2 mask. Such things would be great and I don't think NRS would do it too "Tekkenish".

Personally I'd like to try customizing a ninja outfit from the first MK movie. I really like the designs and masks. Combining outfits from 2D and 3D era would be interesting as well. I didn't play Injustice 2 but I trust NRS and I don't think they'd screw this game up. All in all and besides a few little flaws I am really happy with what they've done to MK since MK 2011 and this new trilogy.

Oh hell no. No Tekken customization. It was fun there, but Tekken is a different animal. I am definitely against stuff like this in MK.

20180803221041_1.jpg
20180803221556_1.jpg
20180803185337_1.jpg

I want to customize my char, and maybe even pick a custom color, but definitely no need for crazy stuff.

Tekken customizations are Exhibit A as to why customizations are bad. Characters should be visibly recognizable as themselves. I don't want to see Raiden wearing a cowboy hat, or Kitana having a purple mohawk, or anything batshit crazy like that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tekken customizations are Exhibit A as to why customizations are bad. Characters should be visibly recognizable as themselves. I don't want to see Raiden wearing a cowboy hat, or Kitana having a purple mohawk, or anything batshit crazy like that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tekken is a completely different game, characters there are more free to change. MK on other hand, has deeper roots in lore. Every character has deep backstory and the theme itself is way darker. So weird customization is definitely out. I would love more of For Honor customization. Starting with low level gear, that looks shabby, and after some grinding, you get to look nice in shiny metal or expensive cloth.

I'm beginning to wonder how customization will work and to what extent, given that I don't think X-Rays are gone?
I mean, yeah, they didn't show any X-Ray moves in the MK11 trailer, but I think that's more because they wanted to show off the (seemingly MK4-ish type) weapon system.
The most surprising thing is that an MK DLC character is given an alternate costume / costume modifiers, for the first time since DLC was introduced to MK games.

Last edited:
I'll wait until January to pre-order.
I'm not just going to blindly pre-order a KP / Battle Pass, only to be stuck with 2 more guests that I don't give a shit about.
Well, you can absolutely guarantee that the Kombat Pack (or whatever it ends up being called) will have at least two or three guest characters, assuming there are indeed six in it.

I'll wait until the big reveal in January before I pre-order, but after MKX (despite some roster misgivings) and IJ2 I can't imagine MK11 will be anything other than awesome. I'll likely pre-order the default version just so I get Shao Kahn, which is what I did with MKX. I generally don't have much interest in DLC characters, and especially guests. I'm also reluctant to spend lots of money on video games (I'm used to Steam sale prices) and so forking out £50 or whatever it'll be on the XB1 digital store is more than I'd like to pay anyway.

To be really honest, I never though Shao Kahn would look SO dope straying away from his usual looks.

Deception's style was not a favorite at all, so I'm really impressed how good he is looking.

With TROUSERS man. Shao Kahn with trousers lol who would say that worked.

What even is clickbait, guys?

I hope Todd knows what he is talking about. I believe in 2015 that he got the Spawn fighting rights confused with Namco Bandai, not NRS. Around that time, they did had the HD remaster of SC2 and Namco Bandai had to get back the rights to Spawn for them use him again that HD remaster.

Considering people cried for Spawn during entire lifespan of MKX, it's not a surprise he'll be in 11.

I'll likely pre-order the default version just so I get Shao Kahn, which is what I did with MKX.

Same here.
I did the same with MKX and I'll do the same for MK11.
Tanya turned out to be cool and I was a big time supporter of bringing Tremor is as a DLC character, but I wasn't going to buy KP1 just to be stuck with guest DLC characters that I didn't want.
Yeah, it meant waiting an extra week for the DLC to drop for everyone else, but that's no big deal.