Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ah, the woman from Jade's ending? I was wondering who that person at the end was meant to be. Makes sense if it's her, but of course it could be someone else.

Either way I do think Jade will likely be in the starting roster now. Hopefully Fujin too.

I am so excited. There's nothing like a new MK reveal and the build-up to launch. :santaclaus:

Regarding the figure at the end, it's totally an Elder God. The design on her clothes resemble Shinnok's.

I wonder what these dudes are messing up right now. Maybe time it seems.

I have a feeling that the person at the end is the MK11 / revamped version of Delia.
Perhaps shes trying to prevent Raiden from getting to her sons (Taven and Daegon), and therefore messing with the timeline to take down Raiden.

As much as I hate the thought of bits of the Armageddon storyline being involved in this game (or the thought of Armageddon, in general), I think it's a possible scenario with Delia since she was able to see into the future.

Also, the Beta goes live in March, which is just in time for my Birthday. :_cool:

Wow, Commander is that a new avatar I see?

As for X-Rays. Hmm not sure if they are gone. The moves did look like X-Ray attacks, they just didn't show the X-Ray effect. Maybe technical limitations due the fact that you can customize the look of your char?

Either way we will know more in January.

Btw tried to do a small edit for the Trailer, cause that song is killing me. I can't believe, a song can make an MK11 trailer feel like a snoozefest.

Wow, Commander is that a new avatar I see?

As for X-Rays. Hmm not sure if they are gone. The moves did look like X-Ray attacks, they just didn't show the X-Ray effect. Maybe technical limitations due the fact that you can customize the look of your char?

Yes, new avatar. :)

As for X-Rays, I was thinking that maybe they just preferred to show the character customization option instead with an alternate Scorpion, rather than show off something we've seen before.
I 100% agree with you that I think that X-Rays will still be in, though.

I am really curious about how there are gonna handle the character customization, I like the Gear System in Injustice and glad that they are revamping the variation system to be less stagnant. While I have some concerns about how it will impact competitive play, I have a feeling they are going to do something similar to injustice so I am not super worried.

I'm more worried about special moves being locked behind RNG again (like in Injustice 2), more than I am regarding gear pieces.

Gear pieces being customizable via rng, again? Ok, maybe that'll be fine.
After all, it's just gear.

It just sucked ROYALLY to have to unlock The Flash's Sonic Parry and Sonic Bolt (for example), and that it completely changed up the way that I used the character.
Like, why couldn't that shit be available from the start?
Why do I have to go through goddamn hurdles, just to use the character like he should be used?

I never played as Sub-Zero in Injustice 2, but I could imagine that 1 of his previous MKX moves / abilities was also locked behind the garbage rng system.
So, lets hope and pray to rng-sus that Raiden's Teleport ability or Takeda's whips can somehow be unlocked in MK11 via a random motherbox / lootbox system? No, thanks.

Considering that Belgium has already implemented a ban on Supply Drops/Loot Creates. It’s going to be extremely difficult for NRS to input some sort of RNG gimmick into this game.

Considering that Belgium has already implemented a ban on Supply Drops/Loot Creates. It’s going to be extremely difficult for NRS to input some sort of RNG gimmick into this game.

Yep. Companies are now going with Fortnite idea. Battle Passes and stuff.

Last edited:
I’m 1 of the few who’ve lived under a rock with the whole Fortnite craze, but what do you mean by Battle Passes, [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION]?

At least, we will probably go no dry gaps with the game coming out sooner than later. I still remember when MKX was coming out, we went a month or two without info and people were like "This game is going to flop!!!!!!".

Ngl it's kinda nice to come back here and see a bunch of familiar faces :")

But yeah I really hope that however they handle the customisation we don't have to grind for it. I don't have the time of patience for that sort of thing tbh

I wonder how the KP will work? Will they release it in a similar style that Injustice 2 did with the first wave of characters being three characters (Two MK fighters and One guest fighter)?

At least, we will probably go no dry gaps with the game coming out sooner than later. I still remember when MKX was coming out, we went a month or two without info and people were like "This game is going to flop!!!!!!".

I get what you're saying, but one could also say that the dry gap was from June (when they usually announce / reveal something) until December.
For how long were people harassing Ed on Twitter with "release MK11" or "how about MK11" or "we're waiting for MK11" or "what's taking so long to release a trailer MK11" every single time he made a Tweet, regardless if it was MK-related or not?

I get what you're saying, but one could also say that the dry gap was from June (when they usually announce / reveal something) until December.
For how long were people harassing Ed on Twitter with "release MK11" or "how about MK11" or "we're waiting for MK11" or "what's taking so long to release a trailer MK11" every single time he made a Tweet, regardless if it was MK-related or not?

True considering we knew that they were working on something ( the constant "Where's muh MK11" was pretty annoying to watch tho), though honestly I was expecting to wait a lot longer, but now with only a few months to go, its gonna feel great to get more frequent character/content reveals.

Yeah, I think after the January reveal it's going to be new characters every week until release.

As far as the custom variations go, I believe they are gonna be like normal variations but instead we choose what perks, extra powers, ect. we want each character to use. Something like the pick 10 system from CoD except obviously not pick 10.