Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The new Mortal Kombat movie is coming out soon this month and yet NRS is doing nothing to tie in MK11 with it. You would think that they would announce some movie DLC tie-in or even a KP3. Even Ed Boon is quiet on the movie on Twitter.

The new Mortal Kombat movie is coming out soon this month and yet NRS is doing nothing to tie in MK11 with it. You would think that they would announce some movie DLC tie-in or even a KP3. Even Ed Boon is quiet on the movie on Twitter.
2 possible reasons.

A. They will wait until after the launch of the movie, to announce something.

B. MK11 has reached the end of the support.

2 possible reasons.

MK11 should at least have 5 more characters...

They should include Sareena at least and a Poison Ivy (DC) outfit for Cetrion. Also, I'd glady appreciate Kronika as a playable character (but I highly doubt it.

2 possible reasons.

Agreed.
These 2 options seem like the most reasonable expectations at this point (imo).
If there's no additional news regarding content for this game by the week of April 30th to May 7th, I'll consider that they've moved on from MK11 and will just announce the next game at the E3 event, given that WB is confirmed to be there.

More and more this seems like what's happening.
Friday / Saturday isn't too far away.
At this point the next announcement will probably just be an E3 announcement in June for whatever game is coming next.

More and more this seems like what's happening.
Friday / Saturday isn't too far away.
At this point the next announcement will probably just be an E3 announcement in June for whatever game is coming next.
Yep. MK11 support, just like previous titles, will be unceremoniously shut down.

I don't like MK11, but I really want to. If they leave MK11 in the state its in I'll be massively disappointed

I don't like MK11, but I really want to. If they leave MK11 in the state its in I'll be massively disappointed
*Looks back at MKX and Injustice 2*

Oh boy...

I think it is pretty obvious they will leave it like this. Man, people talking some sort of MAJOR overhauls. Dude, community had to patch the freaking MK9, cause NRS couldn't be arsed to spend some time to adjust some character movesets. And they think MK11 is going to get a MAJOR gameplay overhaul? Pffft. I will buy you and Commander the next NRS game, if they announce an actual gameplay overhaul this E3.

They did release a big MKX patch before telling the game to go pound sand, so you better keep that wallet ready. 😂

Yeah MKX had a massive overhaul. Thats why I'm slightly hopeful. This game has had the worse outcry of any NRS game. People really don't like how this shit plays.

I will buy you and Commander the next NRS game, if they announce an actual gameplay overhaul this E3.
*Crossing my fingers for that to be a TMNT Tournament Fighter type of game, in that case* :ROFLMAO:
I know that the rumor is a Marvel vs DC game, though.

Nah, it's all good, dude. Lol

In all seriousness, maybe they'll do a "final patch," unless the "Ultimate" patch was supposed to be the last one, and if that's the case.....yikes!
For the most part, as someone who mainly just plays SP stuff I love THOSE aspects of MK11, and I'm happy that they finally added my homie Fujin.
I know that MK11 has flaws and that other characters like Shao Kahn could also use some love, too.
He's been ass-tier ever since the game dropped. I know that with MKX they did the whole GGPO roll-back and fixed other things in that patch.
As each day passes, though, I lose faith more and more about this mystical "KP3" ever happening.
I've actually gone back to also finishing up my Flash LMV in Injustice 2.
Was about 90% done or so and had like 1 or 2 more towers in that area.

They did release a big MKX patch before telling the game to go pound sand, so you better keep that wallet ready. 😂
You're talking about the Rollback Netcode overhaul. Before that, online was close to being unplayable. They never did a gameplay overhaul. MK11 is not suffering from netcode issues.

Hence why I feel, they won't do shit for this one. In their eyes, game is fine.

I would be REALLY surprised if they even CONSIDERED doing something like that.

No.

No.

I stand corrected about MKXL. But you're missing the point. MK11 needs a gameplay OVERHAUL. Not to mention MKX was crippled with issues. Netcode was unplayable. It was so bad, that MK11 looks like a perfect game.

And especially now that the news came out about potential Marvel fighting game... if that is true... yeaaah. I really doubt MK11 will receive any gameplay overhaul announcement during E3.

And especially now that the news came out about potential Marvel fighting game... if that is true... yeaaah. I really doubt MK11 will receive any gameplay overhaul announcement during E3.
Agreed.
If nothing is announced by the end of this week I'll personally consider that they've ended the cycle for MK11.
End of the month at the latest for support, but beyond that the next big event is at E3 in June.
WB is said to be at E3, and I'm also pretty sure that WB isn't going to want to announce at E3 that "Hey, there's more DLC for this 2 year old game."
That wouldn't really hype people up, when instead WB could be like "Hey, here's a new Marvel fighting game from NetherRealm!! Pre-order now to get playable boss Thanos!!!"

No download required.
So, just some server side stuff I'm guessing, then onto the next announcement near or at E3.