Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369
Results 7,361 to 7,371 of 7371

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

  1. #7361
    Shaolin Monk Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanked: 293
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    Sega, Nintendo, and PlayStation are what built the MK brand at home, not Microsoft in any capacity.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk


    What are you even on about...

    Sega, Nintendo and PS didn't "built the MK brand at home", they're publishers and platforms. MK 1-3, highly irrelevant games now, were either Probe, Avalanche or Williams' doing. There were also PC ports and emulators. If we're looking just at platforms, then why even go that far back? Nobody cares about what "built the MK brand at home" 25 years ago. Take a look at last 3 releases instead and oops...MS actually owns two platforms out of four.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

  2. #7362
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,104
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1753
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictor View Post
    Actually, there were MS-DOS versions of the first 3 MK games. MK4 also got a Windows release. Both MS-DOS and Windows are Microsoft platforms. One can argue that the interest in fighting games from the PC crowd in the 90s was questionable, but the option was there.

    Still, I don't see much good coming from MS owning the MK franchise. Besides console exclusivity, some studios didn't fare well under MS' ownership.
    The only home machines that count in video games are those with either an Atari, Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, or Xbox logo on it out of the box. Xbox did not exist when MK was built on home platforms, so the point still stands that MK was built on home platforms by Sega, Nintendo, and PlayStation.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tarkatan Trash; Today at 06:52 AM.

  3. #7363
    Shaolin Monk lariat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    Xbox Live
    XspitefulsnakeX
    PSN
    spitefulsnake
    Thanked: 199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    The only home machines that count in video games are those with either an Atari, Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, or Xbox logo on it out of the box. Xbox did not exist when MK was built on home platforms, so the point still stands that MK was built on home platforms by Sega, Nintendo, and PlayStation.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I'd argue if it wasn't for sega staying true to the arcade and going all in on the blood with the genesis version of MK ( Nintendo was still in their games can't be too violent phase ) MK wouldn't be the Juggernaut it is today.

  4. #7364
    Shaolin Monk Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanked: 293
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    The Genesis version was a puny blip on the radar in comparison to what MK is now. Besides Nintendo only censored the first game.

    Nobody at The Round Table cares about who "built on home platforms" MK 25 years ago, especially considering that the beforementioned Sega is 100% irrelevant when it comes to this. What matters are dollar signs, and how to make them NOW. M$ is another company beside 2K that has experience with fighting games...Even though KI died pretty fast....

    Regarding exclusivity, I doubt you'd be complaining about it if Soyny got their dirty hands on it and made it a SoyStation exclusive.
    Last edited by Xenon; Today at 10:28 AM.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

  5. #7365
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,104
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1753
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    The Genesis version was a puny blip on the radar in comparison to what MK is now. Besides Nintendo only censored the first game.

    Nobody at The Round Table cares about who "built on home platforms" MK 25 years ago, especially considering that the beforementioned Sega is 100% irrelevant when it comes to this. What matters are dollar signs, and how to make them NOW. MS is another company beside 2K that has experience with fighting games...Even though KI died pretty fast....

    Regarding exclusivity, I doubt you'd be complaining about it if Soyny got their dirty hands on it and made it a SoyStation exclusive.
    That's because all 4 PlayStations have outsold all 3 Xboxes worldwide and because PlayStation is the highest selling console brand of all time.

    And the Genesis port of MK1 MADE Mortal Kombat a household name singlehandedly, so you're clearly being less respectful to your gaming roots than you should be.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  6. #7366
    Shaolin Monk Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanked: 293
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    That's because all 4 PlayStations have outsold all 3 Xboxes worldwide and because PlayStation is the highest selling console brand of all time.

    And the Genesis port of MK1 MADE Mortal Kombat a household name singlehandedly, so you're clearly being less respectful to your gaming roots than you should be.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    So you're basically a hypocrite.

    By the way, I already know where the next parapgraph is going, so... you don't get to decide who's a fan or not. That privilege is given to NRS exclusively. Sorry to pee on your parade.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

  7. #7367
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,104
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1753
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    So you're basically a hypocrite.

    By the way, I already know where the next parapgraph is going, so... you don't get to decide who's a fan or not. That privilege is given to NRS exclusively. Sorry to pee on your parade.
    The inept opinion of a Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accident fan is invisible and inaudible to me.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  8. #7368
    Shaolin Monk Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanked: 293
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    ^
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Xenon; Today at 01:22 PM.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

  9. #7369
    Lin Kuei Assassin Misucra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,134
    Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Thanked: 535
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    The inept opinion of a Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accident fan is invisible and inaudible to me.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yet you respond to it... ooook....
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

  10. #7370
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,721
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4965
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    If you argue with Trash its an Insta-L
    He doesn't read what you type. He just goes off the same script he's had since he joined here.

  11. #7371
    Shaolin Monk lariat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    Xbox Live
    XspitefulsnakeX
    PSN
    spitefulsnake
    Thanked: 199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    If you argue with Trash its an Insta-L
    He doesn't read what you type. He just goes off the same script he's had since he joined here.
    They're both just trolls trying to out troll the other. It's not like anyone reads what the other types so...

Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Injustice 2 Media and Discussion Thread!
    By theincubuslord in forum Injustice: Gods Among Us General Discussion
    Replies: 1308
    Last Post: 07-13-2018, 06:54 AM
  2. Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread
    By Immortal Reaver in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 26081
    Last Post: 10-14-2017, 05:50 PM
  3. PC Version / General Discussion Thread
    By Rider in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 03:47 AM
  4. MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion
    By ujustgotcaged in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 1242
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  5. Mortal Kombat 10 Storymode Ideas/Discussion Thread
    By Flying Jinko in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •