Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

1. I made skins for MK9 characters, which required me to import the models STRAIGHT from the game, so I could see textures. While working on multiple models, I put them together and found them sharing most of the measurements. The only difference in skeletons was the size. The only Unique skeletons, there for Goro, Kintaro and Sheeva. Once I applied Johnny Cage body on top of Sony Blade I saw that the only difference in skeletons is that female ones are slightly thinner than male ones.

2. All male models (except Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva) were the exact same. Once again. That was seen by looking at them in 3D Max.

3. While I did speak in general terms by saying "same skeleton for both females and males", the difference is so small, that if you take away all minor resizes, you can easily see that skeletons can be put in two groups. Male and Female. And the only major difference between female and male skeleton is just that female skeleton is slightly thinner. In short. Aside Goro, Kintaro and Sheeva everyone shared copy paste skeleton. Even Shao Kahn's one has same proportions as let's say. Liu Kang. Only difference, is that the overall size was increased.

So no. Many characters didn't have different skeletons.

"They can reuse animation on different characters. It will look like shit, that's the main problem, not the Engine."

Nobody said anything about engine causing that problem. I said, that they would have to readjust entire animation to fit the model. And now with the tech they are using, that's extra work as they have advanced face mocap.

"Hitboxes/hurtboxes are being driven by the skeleton."

Which you have to place according to the body/skeleton.

So basically you came calling me for talking out of my a$$, but you said absolutely nothing to support that claim. Gotcha.

And if they will be using Unreal Engine 4, then that's in my area cause I use UE4 for work.

LOL
Stop pushing your shitty skins as if that makes you an expert. Painting over some puny textures is not the same as sculpting, retopo, projecting, baking, UVs, weights, rigging and animating. Boohoo.

Now. More to the point. Skeletons differ not in just size. There are different details like belts, loin cloths, hair, damaged cloth, tits. Faces are different. The female skeleton is not just thinner, it's shorter too. It's why when you put in male animation onto a female, you get fcked up but at the same time, hilarious results.

I'm not going to read the rest of that garbage. Yes, they can reuse it as long as they manually adjust it. It's the oldest trick in the book. Just look at Jade in MKX mobile. Different model, different skeleton, and yet 99% is recycled MK9 Jade animations.

Man... Even with the filler, 7 hours is a lot. They are probably going to show quite a bit. Hype levels slightly going up.

The event is that long yeah but the stream won't be obviously, I actually have an invite for the LA event but can't make it :(

I'm hoping they announce a port for MK9 to current gen consoles or at the very least MS finally making it BC on the Xbox One. Would also be nice to get Shaolin Monks as BC since I've never played it.

LOL
Stop pushing your shitty skins as if that makes you an expert. Painting over some puny textures is not the same as sculpting, retopo, projecting, baking, UVs, weights, rigging and animating. Boohoo.

Now. More to the point. Skeletons differ not in just size. There are different details like belts, loin cloths, hair, damaged cloth, tits. Faces are different. The female skeleton is not just thinner, it's shorter too. It's why when you put in male animation onto a female, you get fcked up but at the same time, hilarious results.

I'm not going to read the rest of that garbage. Yes, they can reuse it as long as they manually adjust it. It's the oldest trick in the book. Just look at Jade in MKX mobile. Different model, different skeleton, and yet 99% is recycled MK9 Jade animations.

Lol you're making yourself look like an idiot. If you'd read to the bottom of their post you'd have read that they use UE4 for work so they absolutely are an expert in comparison to what you're coming out with. There are actually some game developers on here that know what they're talking about and you just make yourself look silly when you talk like this.

Using a game engine for work means shit. UE4 is such a complex thing you can use it for anything. I used to make UE3 mods, so?

Unless you're a game dev with a portfolio in fighting games, we are having a discussion as amateurs. Everything I typed I've already done myself when I was nerding it out years ago, including animating and rigging. I now do sculpting in my free time as a hobby: https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/33420-my-mk9-mkx-renderings

You can now proceed to eat my ass if you have nothing better to add. :lol:

Using a game engine for work means shit. UE4 is such a complex thing you can use it for anything. I used to make UE3 mods, so?

Unless you're a game dev with a portfolio in fighting games, we are having a discussion as amateurs. Everything I typed I've already done myself when I was nerding it out years ago, including animating and rigging. I now do sculpting in my free time as a hobby: https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/33420-my-mk9-mkx-renderings

You can now proceed to eat my ass if you have nothing better to add. :lol:

Using a game engine for work means quite a lot actually, it shows they're a professional with the skills required to be hired to do that job, where as you yourself are admitting you're an amateur. Essentially, you are an amateur in this field, trying to explain to a professional in this field about their field. Can you see where I'm coming from and why it might be best to not always act like you know everything and read people's posts to the end when they clearly know what they're talking about? For what it's worth, yes I am a game dev and I made a prototype for a fighting game while I was at university for one of my projects. Maybe if you were a bit more respectful to people you'd not be constantly telling people they're talking out their ass, how they can eat your ass, basically anything ass related :)

No it doesn't. I told you, UE4 can be used for either AI, Rendering, Animations, Game logic and so much more. So unless you're proficient in all, or you specialize in this area with a portfolio to back it up, you don't have a point. Why do you think developers have teams? It's because different people specialize in different areas. So yeah, "I use UE4 for work" means shit. :)

"UE4 can be used for either AI, Rendering, Animations, Game logic and so much more" this line here shows you are not a game developer and have no idea what you're talking about, which is why I keep suggesting you stop acting like you know everything. If there are professionals in here why don't you try and learn from them instead of trying to tell them how you, an amateur, know better than they do? In this specific case, Misucra clearly knew what they were talking about when it came to 3d models and animations, so "I use UE4 for work" does actually mean a lot here as that's the topic you guys were discussing :) consider me done here

Damn the mobile trmk sucks...ass!
My post for deleted when I was editing it.

Listen. "UE4 for work" means shit. Are you a programmer? Animator? Game designer? Because a programmer will know balls all about things that an artist does, and rightfully so. A blanket statement "I use UE4 for work" means shit.

Not to mention, ue4work is completely irrelevant to the topic. The core issue isn't the engine.

Damn the mobile trmk sucks...ass!
My post for deleted when I was editing it.

Listen. "UE4 for work" means shit. Are you a programmer? Animator? Game designer? Because a programmer will know balls all about things that an artist does, and rightfully so. A blanket statement "I use UE4 for work" means shit.

Not to mention, ue4work is completely irrelevant to the topic. The core issue isn't the engine.

You just clearly don't get it, and why would you when you're not a professional. Personally I'm a programmer. Misucra sounds like they're more on the art side with experience with 3d models, textures, animations etc. In this case, them using UE4 for work means they probably use it in those sorts of areas, or why else would they know so much about that area? Correct, engine wasn't the issue, animations was the issue, Misucra used UE4 as an example to back up that they knew what they were talking about, whilst you clearly don't.

"UE4 can be used for either AI, Rendering, Animations, Game logic and so much more" this line here shows you are not a game developer and have no idea what you're talking about, which is why I keep suggesting you stop acting like you know everything. If there are professionals in here why don't you try and learn from them instead of trying to tell them how you, an amateur, know better than they do? In this specific case, Misucra clearly knew what they were talking about when it came to 3d models and animations, so "I use UE4 for work" does actually mean a lot here as that's the topic you guys were discussing :) consider me done here

Neither are you then because that's exactly what a game engine does you doofus :lol:

You just clearly don't get it, and why would you when you're not a professional. Personally I'm a programmer. Misucra sounds like they're more on the art side with experience with 3d models, textures, animations etc. In this case, them using UE4 for work means they probably use it in those sorts of areas, or why else would they know so much about that area? Correct, engine wasn't the issue, animations was the issue, Misucra used UE4 as an example to back up that they knew what they were talking about, whilst you clearly don't.

Key word is probably.

I do programming professionally. So what?

You better take your advise now and shoo!

Hey I'm just returning the favour for that "idiot" ;)

For what it's worth, I didn't call you an idiot, I said you were making yourself look like an idiot by being an amateur arguing with a professional about their field ;) My advice was to be respectful and to learn from professionals who know more than you do and that's not gonna go anywhere :) I mentioned I was a programmer as you asked :p

I don't really care what you do, it's a rhetorical question. Just to show you that blanket statements mean nothing, since game dev or any business for that matter do not function that way. Take it from a professional who got fed up with game dev and switched careers ;)

I don't really care what you do, it's a rhetorical question. Just to show you that blanket statements mean nothing, since game dev or any business for that matter do not function that way. Take it from a professional who got fed up with game dev and switched careers ;)

Fair enough man :) Anyhoo, I hear there's some new Mortal Kombat game coming out? Not too familiar with the franchise but I hear it's a bit violent, I just hope not too violent, think of the children!