Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'll give you one EA.

3vKJqc7.gif

Right. So you've got nothing and just repeat the same "EA. Bad." like a broken record. Obligatory EA video:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
But wait, it does make sense. Shang Tsung indeed died by Shao Kahn's hands in MK9, that's what Jacqui was referring to. He was at the least absent from his island.

Now, MK11 Shang Tsung is from before this event, and he is the one who has been trapped in the void when the time merger started.

And that's exactly what Dominic said, MK11 Tsung is the one prior his rejuvenation during MKII/MK9. But in the present, he was killed by Shao Kahn.

It doesn't make sense, because the Shao Kahn in MK11 was pulled from the timeline before he had the chance to kill Shang Tsung in MK9, so he didn't have a chance to kill him off, to begin with.
Shao Kahn didn't kill Shang Tsung until AFTER the 2nd tournament in MK9 and he was pulled right before that, which makes sense as to why Aftermath Sindel.
Shao Kahn, Baraka, Raiden, Liu Kang and Kung Lao all come from the part of the MK9 timeline where Shao Kahn hadn't snapped Kung Lao's neck just yet. Hence why young Kung Lao is there.

These aren't multiple timelines that we're dealing with, but rather the same one.
The reason that I say that is because NRS uses the "Grandfather paradox" theory of time travel that was used in Back To the Future I and II for MK11, and not the Avengers: End Game theory of time travel.
It's the same MK9 thru MK11 timeline, but Shag Tsung was taken from the part between the 1st and 2nd Tournaments in MK9, thus the island couldn't have "died with Shang Tsung", because he didn't die to begin with.

Xenon said:
They bring out a comic book which you know by now how it turned out. I mean, how many red flags do you need?

I actually liked the comic book stuff the most out of all of the lore stuff between MKX and MK11.
Shame they went on weird tangents with that.
Kotal was badass in the comics, Reiko, Havik and Daegon were well done (imo) and the story stuff between Goro and King Gorbak was also good.
Shame that all of that went to shit with MKX and MK11.

Last edited:
3vKJqc7.gif

Right. So you've got nothing and just repeat the same "EA. Bad." like a broken record. Obligatory EA video:

Spoiler:

And...you got nothing to prove me wrong and posting gifs defending EA makes me laugh even harder.

The burden of proof is on you. You're the one claiming MK will die simply because it can get sold to a publisher you don't like. EA, WB, 2K, Activision...they're all the same, and MK is not going anywhere.

Last edited:
If EA buys MK and does NRS does the pay-to-win business practices that EA had previously done with Battlefront II, then this'll be the last MK that I buy.
Don't remember when the last EA game was that I bought, because fck EA.

Ok. How about we turn on our brains here and let's actually THINK how EA actually works.

For anyone using Dead Space death as an example of what could happen to MK, please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

You're comparing a Single Player franchise that operates in a pretty niche category called "Horror". Not to mention, it was a game created in EA. They had all the cards to cut off that game. Also the management was completely different then. Now they operate differently.

MK is a globally known franchise. You think they will just kill it, if it doesn't meet certain quota? Ahahahahahahahaha. Good one.

By that logic Mass Effect franchise should be dead. What's that? Mass Effect 5 is in development? But, but, but... Mass Effect Andromeda was a commercial catastrophy! The studio and franchise should be dead by now! Oh wait. Mass Effect is one of the most popular series in the world. Which means that it gets multiple chances before canned.

Second. MK is a multiplayer game. You can add stuff to it over time. And EA joined the trend of "if game fails in the beginning we just fix it over a year or two", which has paid off for them to certain degree. Battlefront 2 was actually fixed and became fun, but EA couldn't make money out of it, as there was too much damage done and their store system was requiring a massive change over, which was too much for EA.

If EA buys MK and does NRS does the pay-to-win business practices that EA had previously done with Battlefront II, then this'll be the last MK that I buy.

They are ignorant about games, not retarded. Not to mention they don't need to do any of that shit. MK has enough content, that can be sold in a store. Outfits, intros, outros, player cosmetics, etc.

Thanks to the new Lootbox laws and the legal fight EA recently lost against Belgium, they will be forced to fall back to more "traditional" micro-transactions. I imagine MK having a Kombat Pass and Bundles. That's the new norm so far and it won't be changing any time soon.

In short. If EA by any chance were to get their hands on MK. It won't be killed off if it fails one time and won't have pay to win micro-transactions. It will be at worst a heavily monetized game. Apex Legends serves as a good point of reference.

Activision would be the worst company to get their hands on MK. They would put even less effort and charge you for the most useless shit. Outfits? Dude, they will charge you a triple A game price for that. If they can sell A DOT for 2$, then they can easily charge you 20$ for one character. Minimum.

2K would be the least evil option. They control ESRB (2K CEO is a Chairman in ESRB, for those that don't know), so they don't have to worry about ratings. I mean, shit. Those guys managed to put an "E" rating on NBA 2k20 game that has glorified gambling.
AND they have published numerous mature games (Duke Nukem Forever included... boobs on the wall... gods.. the memories... I need a drink now).

EA would be the in between. They would play safe if they can with mature content, but at least their monetization wouldn't be as bad as Activision. Also the only company that could ensure a FAR LONGER run for a game. EA are c$nts, but you can't deny the fact that even the same Battlefront 2, that got shit on at the launch still has thousands of players. And it was released in 2017. Can't say the same about WB though.

So yeah. My money is on 2K acquiring MK. They publish mature games, they know how to monetize them, they have games of pretty much every genre. They are literally the Jack of All Trades AND they got ESRB in their pocket. It would be actually ironic for a Publisher that controls ESRB, to have MK, that caused ESRB to be created in the first place. Talk about coming full circle.

^ Explained it in detail.

It's a bit funny how you guys smear EA, and yet WB gets away with the same practices...because they're WB? Not long ago you could read smear after smear over here, directed at WB, if something went wrong with the game, e.g. "NRS are the good guys here! They're simply doing what the big, mean evil doer WB is telling them to!".

Yeah, remember that? When we discovered that the game is going to be always online, filled to the brim with microtransactions, ridiculous grind day 1, censorship and etc? But now apparently that's fine, as long it's not EA :lol: Absolutely 0 logic.

Last edited:
EA did pay-to-win shit with Battlefront II using lootboxes, which I was never ok with and that was my big issue.
My other issue with EA is the yearly sports games that gave me almost 0 reason to want to get the game the following year for full price ever since the 2K5 days, when there was actual competition and Madden didn't just outright have a monopoly on American football and get lazy.
Yeah, let's copy and paste the same shit onto another game.
So much fun.
The Blitz franchise also used to be fun when Midway had their hands on it, and guess who bought that out and decided to make that into an utter pile of steaming shit...... Oh, yes, EA.
I was also never a fan of the whole motherbox shit for Injustice 2, so I didn't let WB off the hook with that, either, and aside from some of the writing for MK11, 1 of my biggest issues with the game is the whole Time Krystals shit, so no, that's still not fine with me.

^ Explained it in detail.

It's a bit funny how you guys smear EA, and yet WB gets away with the same practices...because they're WB? Not long ago you could read smear after smear over here, directed at WB, if something went wrong with the game, e.g. "NRS are the good guys here! They're simply doing what the big, mean evil doer WB is telling them to!".

Yeah, remember that? When we discovered that the game is going to be always online, filled to the brim with microtransactions, ridiculous grind day 1, censorship and etc? But now apparently that's fine, as long it's not EA :lol: Absolutely 0 logic.

I think the issue is the fear of the unknown. We already know how MK works under WB, but we can only guess how it'll be under other companies.

My biggest worry with EA is how they love their games as a service shit. I'm totally cool with that for MK, but I'm imagining them having NRS make a wack ass Star Wars fighting game that they milk for years.

I get it. I'm not here trying to blow smoke up EA's ass. But saying that MK will die when it gets a different publisher? That's unreal. Nothing is even concrete yet, it's still only in talks.

As long as they change Ed Boon, Dominic Cianciolo, Grey Meta, Daanish Syed and Steve Brownback, I'd be down with ANY new company.

As long as they change Ed Boon, Dominic Cianciolo, Grey Meta, Daanish Syed and Steve Brownback, I'd be down with ANY new company.

Cianciolo and Kittelsen I would say, yeah, but aside from that, no.
As much as I really wanted to give Kittelsen and Cianciolo the benefit of the doubt (especially Kittelsen), after the MKX comics, I feel like the story got worse with MK11.
It's a shame, too, because I thought the MKX comics were pretty well done.
As much as I usually don't tend to agree with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION], Vogel needs to be in charge again for the next game's story / lore.
I also do wish Tobias was at least hired as a consultant for the next game. -_-

As much as I really wanted to give Kittelsen and Cianciolo the benefit of the doubt (especially Kittelsen), after the MKX comics, I feel like the story got worse with MK11.
It's a shame, too, because I thought the MKX comics were pretty well done.
As much as I usually don't tend to agree with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION], Vogel needs to be in charge again for the next game's story / lore.
I also do wish Tobias was at least hired as a consultant for the next game. -_-

Story problems are Dominic's fault.
Did you see Dom's tweet about how the Titans are above the One Being? And Kittlesten tried to call him out on it. Dom is trying to force his headcannon into the series

Story problems are Dominic's fault.
Did you see Dom's tweet about how the Titans are above the One Being? And Kittlesten tried to call him out on it. Dom is trying to force his headcannon into the series

Oh, shit! Nah, I hadn't seen it.
So, I guess Dom's the real one to blame for the Kabal, Skarlet and Sindel retcons.

Well, they get their political agenda and what to write about from the others above: Grey Meta, Steve Brownback, Daanish Syed and Mr 3D era hater himself Ed boon.

No wonder Jon Greenberg jumped the ship and John Vogel and Himmerick barely count anymore.

Oh, shit! Nah, I hadn't seen it.
So, I guess Dom's the real one to blame for the Kabal, Skarlet and Sindel retcons.

I actually haven't heard of Dom until very recently. It was always Kittlesen who was running around with his mouth, calling all previous games as "headcannon", while declaring his garbage as the Lord's word.

Case in point, the hell was that thing about Jade's mum? It wasn't even brought up in Aftermath. He just comes to Twitter, farts it out and calls it a day. Not to mention, he kept promoting his cringe comics while riding on MK's name. No wonder this game has all this nonsense, like Kabal screwing Sareena, Jade shoving her pole into Kotal and the diaaaalooooggueessss... Yuck.

We already went through this over and over, the story in this game makes no sense. MK11 reminded me of The Last Jedi. I hated that movie straight away, my colleagues loved it. Days later they hated it too...

Well, they get their political agenda and what to write about from the others above: Grey Meta, Steve Brownback, Daanish Syed and Mr 3D era hater himself Ed boon.

No wonder Jon Greenberg jumped the ship and John Vogel and Himmerick barely count anymore.

Ah yes, Daanish Syed...."STOP CALLING THEM FANS!!!". You're an UI artist who's probably been working at NRS less than some people have been fans :lol: Not as bad as Steve Beran or Ed Boon, but it's getting there. Who's Grey Meta though?

Last edited:
Ed Boon, John Vogel, Dan Forden, and anyone else who worked on Mortal Kombat between 1992 and 1999 should be kompletely untouchable, and be given the Scorpion and Sub-Zero treatment. Everyone else should be fired. Boon, Vogel, and Forden are among those who INVENTED Mortal Kombat.

Any questions?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The burden of proof is on you. You're the one claiming MK will die simply because it can get sold to a publisher you don't like. EA, WB, 2K, Activision...they're all the same, and MK is not going anywhere.

Metal gear solid would like to have a word with you. Funny thing is that franchise never changed publishers and yet konami still sent the franchise to die by making metal gear survive. If that doesn't convince you that even big franchises can end up on the cutting table. Than I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited: