Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Kitana and Mileena playing pat-a-cake filled my heart with sooo much joy. I definitely needed that! I have to say, Jax's sax solo is probably my favorite so far.

I went straight to the comments to see what the Mileena stans were saying :laugh: her fans always do the most on social media.

Ok, we think very differently, Misucra, and I can respect that. Let's agree to disagree, all right? Something you wrote were more clear about how you think, others I don't agree, others I do, but we won't convince the other, neither this is the purpose.

Not going forward with our whole discussion, but only two small topics I'll point that open different things harmless to discuss. The second topic might even be interesting to the other mates, but I'll put in spoiler because of the format:

(Honorable mention to your Star Wars quote: I hate the last trilogy)

Spoiler:

Demi-God means an individual that is a PARTIAL DEITY. They posses divine abilities, but are MORTAL. Raiden is immortal and was introduced as a GOD OF THUNDER. Not the Demi-God. Demi-God thing only appeared recently. My issue is with status change. If he was introduced like this, then sure. No issues. There is a huge difference between Demi-God and full on God.

The meaning of demi-god varies through time, yes, some mean partial deity, but others means lesser god. I believe MK11 established Raiden with the status of minor/lesser god considering the concept of partial/halod already exists in the franchise, and he is also known by vocatives that equates to "full god".

If, however, Raiden is partially deity, I'm mad together. Got this fear once he donned his immortality to Liu Kang and became a regular dude. We might get this answer since now Fujin is konfirmed to be his brother, so if we ever have a glimpse of their parents (since this is a thing now) we erase this doubt.

So everything that happened before that event, still remains the same as it was in ORIGINAL TIMELINE?

MK11 is very clear that MK is a single reality where its timeline is constantly erased and rebuilt over and over again, sometimes with huge differences, sometimes with small differences. That said, everything that happened before Raiden's interference doesn't mean it was the same. It could be, but it couldn't be either, I can mention a bunch.

Notice in this timeline Quan Chi is loyal to Shinnok, and this has nothing to do with Raiden. Sindel's storyline is different (not even mentioning the current butcher), Mileena's origin too, same for Kung Lao and specially Raiden, whose story deviates absolutely from the original timeline. Apparently the events equivalent to Mythologies suffered small changes.

I used to think so, but noticed I was wrong when most events from MK:D and MK:A were set eons before his changes and if we take roughly Frost's age we are more than beyond Onaga's return. Cassie MKX ending was never proven to be true, MKX Comics gave a huge WTF with Shujinko, and the current Damashi storyline could make canon through Aftermath, but only speculation so far.

Also... Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins is not even canon.

Aside from that, I'd just like to express my laugh to today's slap on Mileena's annoying fanbase. Sorry those respectful fans, but I can't stand the fan clubs on social media that are as toxic as Reptile's breath.

Kitana and Mileena playing pat-a-cake filled my heart with sooo much joy. I definitely needed that! I have to say, Jax's sax solo is probably my favorite so far.

I went straight to the comments to see what the Mileena stans were saying :laugh: her fans always do the most on social media.

AGREED! That's the best Friendship I have seen so far! Btw, glad to see you back in the forum again Goddess. :)

Ok, just read this: WHAT?!

I completely see the possibility of the ending but... Character A/Character B?

If this person has the said picture, please somebody quote this. I'll only believe it when I see.

Spoiler:
I'd also want the other Elder Gods and other Titan's (in one of the character endings) to be playable in MK11.

Agreed 100%.
I honestly don't give a shit whether she ever made it into MK11 or not, but her stans are absolute garbage.

Lame character with a childish, extremely sensitive fanbase. Deserves to be trolled and shafted at every opportunity.

Ok, we think very differently, Misucra, and I can respect that. Let's agree to disagree, all right? Something you wrote were more clear about how you think, others I don't agree, others I do, but we won't convince the other, neither this is the purpose.

Not going forward with our whole discussion, but only two small topics I'll point that open different things harmless to discuss. The second topic might even be interesting to the other mates, but I'll put in spoiler because of the format:

(Honorable mention to your Star Wars quote: I hate the last trilogy)

Spoiler:

The meaning of demi-god varies through time, yes, some mean partial deity, but others means lesser god. I believe MK11 established Raiden with the status of minor/lesser god considering the concept of partial/halod already exists in the franchise, and he is also known by vocatives that equates to "full god".

If, however, Raiden is partially deity, I'm mad together. Got this fear once he donned his immortality to Liu Kang and became a regular dude. We might get this answer since now Fujin is konfirmed to be his brother, so if we ever have a glimpse of their parents (since this is a thing now) we erase this doubt.

MK11 is very clear that MK is a single reality where its timeline is constantly erased and rebuilt over and over again, sometimes with huge differences, sometimes with small differences. That said, everything that happened before Raiden's interference doesn't mean it was the same. It could be, but it couldn't be either, I can mention a bunch.

Notice in this timeline Quan Chi is loyal to Shinnok, and this has nothing to do with Raiden. Sindel's storyline is different (not even mentioning the current butcher), Mileena's origin too, same for Kung Lao and specially Raiden, whose story deviates absolutely from the original timeline. Apparently the events equivalent to Mythologies suffered small changes.

I used to think so, but noticed I was wrong when most events from MK:D and MK:A were set eons before his changes and if we take roughly Frost's age we are more than beyond Onaga's return. Cassie MKX ending was never proven to be true, MKX Comics gave a huge WTF with Shujinko, and the current Damashi storyline could make canon through Aftermath, but only speculation so far.

Also... Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins is not even canon.

Aside from that, I'd just like to express my laugh to today's slap on Mileena's annoying fanbase. Sorry those respectful fans, but I can't stand the fan clubs on social media that are as toxic as Reptile's breath.

Spoiler:

Yeah. Here is the issue. ESTABLISHED IN MK11. You know what? Rise of Skywalker also established Force healing and Force teleportation. Never seen before, never mentioned in Star Wars lore! But hey! It has been established in Rise of Skywalker! Or that jump in The Last Jedi. It established that you can just jump ship into another ship and vuolia. Enemy is destroyed. Same with MK11. For decades Raiden was a Thunder God. Now suddenly in MK11 "Oh he is a Demi God!". Also that reveal of Fujin being his brother.... gods. You know it reminds me of that one writer called J.K. Rowling. She now also reveals that a lot of characters were gay or some characters were actually black and not white. Meh. Like I said. That's what you get when you hire someone for some social points, instead of skills and passion.

Also "MK11 makes it clear" is such a horseshit. No, it doesn't. Cause it doesn't take into the account the fact that Raiden was the one to alter the events of the last timeline. It wasn't Kronika's reset. Raiden sent a vision to his YOUNGER SELF. He didn't send it to ANOTHER TIMELINE. Hence why MK9/X/11 by NRS "LOGIC" takes place in the original timeline that was altered by Future Raiden (Raiden receiving the visions in MK Tournament, being the changing event). That's why a lot of people laughed, when NRS tried to sell Kronika "as the one behind everything" and her resetting the timeline. Not only it doesn't make any sense story wise, as that would make her the most incompetent being in the universe, due the fact that she literally goes through hundreds of resets and still manages to fail (You would think it would be automatic for her now), but that also throws a lot of other lore into a mess.
What happened to One Being? The entire universe is literally made out of him. So how do these power levels work? Is Kronika stronger than One Being? Or does she reset the timeline before it becomes complete? Did she exist during the time, when One Being was whole? Can anyone explain that to me? Oh wait. Nobody can! Cause It doesn't matter! You know why? Cause MK11 entire story was made up on a go. There is no consistency. One of the reason why I decided, that it is enough talking about the lore, is because THERE IS NOTHING consistent about it. Character backstories now change in the same trilogy, how these timelines work is never explained and from what we can piece together it doesn't even work to begin with. I mean shit. You don't have to be a genius to see that they don't give a shit about lore. They just cook up some stuff, drop some references and that's it. And it ain't even the og writing team. MK11 was literally written by Shawn Kittelsen. MKX was a transition from Vogel to Kittelsen. Point is. Nothing matters as next game, they will change the backstories and story again. It is the combination of the "The Last Jedi and The Rise of the Skywalker" stupid. New writer came in and now he decides how everything rolls. He clearly doesn't care about about the original timeline and so should everyone else. Cause his LOVE COUPLE FANFICTIONS are more important, than writing a consistent f%cking story.

Overall, if people enjoy this kind of "storytelling", hooray for them. But there is no way, anyone could prove to me that this story is good or consistent. Cause if the game's story makes me question my own sanity, due the fact that the sequel tells me one thing, yet I remember another thing in prequels, then it means that the writing sucks.

Not to mention, NRS is clearly trying to erase MK9, as it was "too much". Man. That game was literally the comeback of MK and now they a shitting on it and erasing it from history.

Legit, f$ck NRS for wasting my time.

Last edited:
Spoiler:

Yeah. Here is the issue. ESTABLISHED IN MK11. You know what? Rise of Skywalker also established Force healing and Force teleportation. Never seen before, never mentioned in Star Wars lore! But hey! It has been established in Rise of Skywalker! Or that jump in The Last Jedi. It established that you can just jump ship into another ship and vuolia. Enemy is destroyed. Same with MK11. For decades Raiden was a Thunder God. Now suddenly in MK11 "Oh he is a Demi God!". Also that reveal of Fujin being his brother.... gods. You know it reminds me of that one writer called J.K. Rowling. She now also reveals that a lot of characters were gay or some characters were actually black and not white. Meh. Like I said. That's what you get when you hire someone for some social points, instead of skills and passion.

Also "MK11 makes it clear" is such a horseshit. No, it doesn't. Cause it doesn't take into the account the fact that Raiden was the one to alter the events of the last timeline. It wasn't Kronika's reset. Raiden sent a vision to his YOUNGER SELF. He didn't send it to ANOTHER TIMELINE. Hence why MK9/X/11 by NRS "LOGIC" takes place in the original timeline that was altered by Future Raiden (Raiden receiving the visions in MK Tournament, being the changing event). That's why a lot of people laughed, when NRS tried to sell Kronika "as the one behind everything" and her resetting the timeline. Not only it doesn't make any sense story wise, as that would make her the most incompetent being in the universe, due the fact that she literally goes through hundreds of resets and still manages to fail (You would think it would be automatic for her now), but that also throws a lot of other lore into a mess.
What happened to One Being? The entire universe is literally made out of him. So how do these power levels work? Is Kronika stronger than One Being? Or does she reset the timeline before it becomes complete? Did she exist during the time, when One Being was whole? Can anyone explain that to me? Oh wait. Nobody can! Cause It doesn't matter! You know why? Cause MK11 entire story was made up on a go. There is no consistency. One of the reason why I decided, that it is enough talking about the lore, is because THERE IS NOTHING consistent about it. Character backstories now change in the same trilogy, how these timelines work is never explained and from what we can piece together it doesn't even work to begin with. I mean shit. You don't have to be a genius to see that they don't give a shit about lore. They just cook up some stuff, drop some references and that's it. And it ain't even the og writing team. MK11 was literally written by Shawn Kittelsen. MKX was a transition from Vogel to Kittelsen. Point is. Nothing matters as next game, they will change the backstories and story again. It is the combination of the "The Last Jedi and The Rise of the Skywalker" stupid. New writer came in and now he decides how everything rolls. He clearly doesn't care about about the original timeline and so should everyone else. Cause his LOVE COUPLE FANFICTIONS are more important, than writing a consistent f%cking story.

Overall, if people enjoy this kind of "storytelling", hooray for them. But there is no way, anyone could prove to me that this story is good or consistent. Cause if the game's story makes me question my own sanity, due the fact that the sequel tells me one thing, yet I remember another thing in prequels, then it means that the writing sucks.

Not to mention, NRS is clearly trying to erase MK9, as it was "too much". Man. That game was literally the comeback of MK and now they a shitting on it and erasing it from history.

Legit, f$ck NRS for wasting my time.

Spoiler:
Notice you're no way near a fan of Kittelsen, but as far as I know, he wrote MK11 with Cianciolo and bailed. Worked for hire on this case. He does know what's going on for Aftermath, but he's not officially on the team. I liked most options taken in MK11, but I hated the comics. At first I was liking, but then...

I actually wish NRS went cosmic a long time ago. One Being stuff is being teased since Deception, and while Armageddon cut the flow of that storyline, I'm still waiting on that. At the same time, I'd give more "earthly" chances to many other characters. And I would certainly like more MK games taking place in the past, even outside Earthrealm.

Spoiler:
I'd also want the other Elder Gods and other Titan's (in one of the character endings) to be playable in MK11.

Spoiler:
I think this is very unlikely. Elder Gods models were no way near as developed as Cetrion's, and I highly doubt we'll see Titans in MK11. On 12, however, depends what will close 11. But if Shinnok returns, I'll approve, I mean, if those leaks are legit, then basically screw the vanilla ending.

Spoiler:
Notice you're no way near a fan of Kittelsen, but as far as I know, he wrote MK11 with Cianciolo and bailed. Worked for hire on this case. He does know what's going on for Aftermath, but he's not officially on the team. I liked most options taken in MK11, but I hated the comics. At first I was liking, but then...

I actually wish NRS went cosmic a long time ago. One Being stuff is being teased since Deception, and while Armageddon cut the flow of that storyline, I'm still waiting on that. At the same time, I'd give more "earthly" chances to many other characters. And I would certainly like more MK games taking place in the past, even outside Earthrealm.

Spoiler:
Typical. Write garbage and run. Ironically I liked his take in MKX, until that entire Reiko turning into almighty God bit. I am more interested in Realm politics and events. Outworld civil war, would have been 10 times better storyline, than what we got in MKX/MK11. Lot of characters get to shine and we get to explore the realms themselves. But you need a competent writer for that. NRS doesn't know what competent means, so not happening.

Lame character with a childish, extremely sensitive fanbase. Deserves to be trolled and shafted at every opportunity.

Yup, agreed 100%.
In general, I just dislike people that are uber dicks because they feel entitled to have a character in a game.
Not every game is gonna consist of the entire Trilogy, and chances are that a character may sit out to make room for a new character.
Can I empathize with people that want X, Y or Z character in a game?
Sure, but there's not need to be a dick about it to them like people have been during MKX and MK11.
so far, the MKX KP3 people, the Reiko guy and the Mileena fans are the scummiest of them all, in my book.
Not in that order either. I'd put Reiko douche at #1, followed by the Mileena people and then followed by the MKX KP3 people.

Yup, agreed 100%.
In general, I just dislike people that are uber dicks because they feel entitled to have a character in a game.
Not every game is gonna consist of the entire Trilogy, and chances are that a character may sit out to make room for a new character.
Sure, but there's not need to be a dick about it to them like people have been during MKX and MK11.
so far, the MKX KP3 people, the Reiko guy and the Mileena fans are the scummiest of them all, in my book.
Not in that order either. I'd put Reiko douche at #1, followed by the Mileena people and then followed by the MKX KP3 people.

Notice how they're very aggressive and emotional as well... You make a joke about them, and they take it as massive personal insult. Dare to say something negative about a video game character? Cultists are going to burn you at the stake.

Yup, agreed 100%.

At what place am I? Cause I bet I am also on the "MAH CHARACTER" shit list.

At what place am I? Cause I bet I am also on the "MAH CHARACTER" shit list.

Nah, dude. You're fine and nowhere near close to that. :)
Yeah you're passionate about Frost and some of the other MK lore, but no, that's not even close to the people on Twitter who harass Boon for Mileena, the KP3 people or the Reiko douchebag.
I LEGIT laughed out loud when I saw Kitana's Friendship.

Well Smoke hasn't been in since mk9 so makes sense to ask for him haha

True, but I think the point of that was that even if NRS did put in Mileena, people would just then start complaining about another missing character. Whether it's either Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Reptile etc.

True, but I think the point of that was that even if NRS did put in Mileena, people would just then start complaining about another missing character. Whether it's either Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Reptile etc.

Pretty much this.
All of the 30 non-guest MK characters that were in MK9 have either been in MKX or MK11 in 1 way or another, minus human Smoke and Stryker.
Even then, this fcking fanbase is never happy.
Cyrax, Sektor and cyber Smoke get put into MKX via Triborg and people still "wah" because Baraka, Jade, Noob Saibot, Kabal, Sindel, Nightwolf and Shang Tsung aren't in.
NRS keeps all of the OG7, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jax and put in the other 7 that I mentioned above (either on the main roster or as DLC), as well as Skarlet & Sheeva (also both from MK9).
They add everyone's klassic costumes (some having multiple klassics), give everyone that's a klassic AT LEAST 1 klassic Fatality via Brutality (some have more than 1 again) and they put in Friendships, the Dead Pool and the Soul Chamber.

Despite all of that some people are still fcking boo-hooing because Mileena, 4 male ninjas, Ketchup and Mustard are missing. The saying is true that you can't please everyone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some people have actually admitted to just simply wanting every MK game to be the MKT/MK9 roster rehashed all the time. Which isn't very innovative.

Pretty much this.
All of the 30 non-guest MK characters that were in MK9 have either been in MKX or MK11 in 1 way or another, minus human Smoke and Stryker.
Even then, this fcking fanbase is never happy.
Cyrax, Sektor and cyber Smoke get put into MKX via Triborg and people still "wah" because Baraka, Jade, Noob Saibot, Kabal, Sindel, Nightwolf and Shang Tsung aren't in.
NRS keeps all of the OG7, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jax and put in the other 7 that I mentioned above (either on the main roster or as DLC), as well as Skarlet & Sheeva (also both from MK9).
They add everyone's klassic costumes (some having multiple klassics), give everyone that's a klassic AT LEAST 1 klassic Fatality via Brutality (some have more than 1 again) and they put in Friendships, the Dead Pool and the Soul Chamber.

Despite all of that some people are still fcking boo-hooing because Mileena, 4 male ninjas, Ketchup and Mustard are missing. The saying is true that you can't please everyone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair those same people who give mileena players a hard time also cried just as much when jade was only a Kitana variation in mkx. They just weren't as vocal about it because the mileena community outnumbered them. IMO its sucks when any character is left out not just mileena but I get NRS only have so much time to get these games made. My only real gripe is selling those classic characters back to you as DLC. Imagine the outcry if in mk12 sub zero and scorpion where no where to be found but offered as DLC a year in. I bet we would be having a very different conversation. Obviously NRS will never be bold enough to do such a thing but it's something to think about. I get that most of the people on this forum hate Mileena/Mileena fans? I'm not trying to defend a bunch of cry babies who lost their minds when NRS didn't give them what they wanted.I'm just pointing out that MK seems to get further and further from what made MK great with every new game yet keep playing the nostalgia card when their sales start dropping. That's my biggest issue with MK11 it proves NRS don't stand for anything except making a quick buck off of a gullible fanbase.

Last edited: