Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Yeah, I could also see them doing it for Aftermath for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, as well, but not for current-gen.
As it is, people nearly had a heart attack, duping themselves into thinking that they couldn't get the characters separately for Aftermath as an "all or nothing" deal (especially when NRS has never done something like that before) just because it wasn't initially sown in the trailer.

As for SF4, SSF4, and SSF4: Arcade Edition, that's Capcom's business model and not necessarily WB's, though.

For as much shit as WB / NRS may get for the story writing (and rightfully so), WB doesn't do that when it comes to their fighters.
As MK9, Injustice, MKX, Injustice 2 and now MK11 have shown, once they come out with an edition of the game that changes the name of that said game to the current edition, they tend to be done with that game as far as content goes.

The proof of that is in the last 4 games.
Their track record has shown that....

MK9 = Komplete Edition
Injustice = Ultimate Edition
MKX = XL
Injustice 2 = Legendary Edition
MK11 = Aftermath

EDIT:
I also had a typo in my previous post, as the physical release date for Aftermath on Amazon is June 16th.

Eh. You never know. There is nothing to stop them. Especially if it gets tight on money. Now of course WB isn't burning as much, as let's say... EA. That one is just getting screwed over with Lootbox regulations right now. But, they still aren't in stable financial situation, due all the losses they are suffering through, thanks to our dear Corona causing chaos and unemployment. So we will see. If that leak is true and there will be Aftermath 2, then boooi.

I'm just saying that (to me) it seems like there's more evidence for Aftermath being the end of MK11, and then NRS moving onto Injustice 3 after this batch of DLC. Still supporting MK11 with balance updates, but as far as content I think that this is it.
Again, I'd love to be wrong and get a potential Reiko and Sareena DLC, but I'm not holding my breath for it.
If the current timeline of production continues the same pattern as the MK11 reveal and release, then we could very well see them tease something at the Game Awards for Injustice 3, with an April to May 2021 release for Injustice 3.

That's another IP that also makes TONS of money for them.

Yeah, you're right that you never know, but if MK was the only IP making them money then I'd be more convinced that they'll drag out the DLC for longer.
With the chance that they could also be working on the next Injustice, though, WB could charge full price for vanilla Injustice 3 & Special Edition pre-orders for Injustice 3 and make even more money without pissing off even more people.
Less pissed off people willing to pay for a brand new Injustice game & Injustice 3 special editions = a win-win for WB / NRS.

Well, while it is true that Ed already confirmed they are in the early stages of working on there next game, a part of me hopes they might try to break the cycle of the previous games and still support MK11 with more content close to something like SFV (wishful thinking I know but they did said that they planned to support the game a long time).

We have 42 character slots datamined.

We have NRS claiming they'll support this game for far longer than any other NRS title.

We have NRS devs claiming that we'll say 'wow! There's so much content!' (Whether you like said content or not is irrelevant)

We've had Boon making a poll back at mkx with 'kombat pack 3, dammit' winning by a mile.

Game is barely a year old and has sold tremendously well.

So, no. I don't think that we're done.

We have 42 character slots datamined.

We have NRS claiming they'll support this game for far longer than any other NRS title.

We have NRS devs claiming that we'll say 'wow! There's so much content!' (Whether you like said content or not is irrelevant)

We've had Boon making a poll back at mkx with 'kombat pack 3, dammit' winning by a mile.

Game is barely a year old and has sold tremendously well.

So, no. I don't think that we're done.

That and Injustice 2 did badly. So nobody is rushing for Injustice 3.

Gameplay trailer was awesome.

Also, I think that this Robocop skin is also going to piss off a lot of people.
https://old.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/giyp21/mk3_cyber_ninja_robocop_skin/

As for additional DLC, I'm not convinced.

42 slots, while data mined, were also before this pandemic hit and things could have also changed.
AGAIN, anything past March 1st of the following year after release is longer support than any other previous NRS title, so that's also vague as shit.
The 'Wow! There's so much content!' could also refer to Aftermath which will have 12 skins, more story mode, 3 additional DLC characters, 4 new stages, the return of Stage Fatalities and Friendships. That's a lot of content for the update coming on May 26th.
Boon making a poll is irrelevant if WB (the publisher that's in charge) doesn't want to do that and wants to move onto the next game.
AGAIN, I hope that I'm 100% wrong and that there's more characters and content coming for MK11, as I'll likely get it the same way that I'll get most of the stuff in Aftermath.
I'm just not convinced that it'll go in that direction, and none of what's going on so far is going to change my mind about that.
Cyrax and Sektor also had Brutalities and Gear slots data mined, yet Robocop has Sektor's Flamethrower and an MK3 Cyber Ninja skin (above) and Ash was also supposed to be DLC but it seems like his licensing deal fell through.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] You lucky SOB. I am legit jealous. Fujin looks badass, dude. Both fighting style and his look.

Especially that air walk with back kick.

[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION], yeah man, I'm so happy at how awesome Fujin looks.
Glad that he has his crossbow back, and that whirlwind stab that he did to Noob Saibot was also sick as hell.
His Fatality was also pretty badass.
I'm also loving the new stage (Kronika's Keep) and the stage Fatalities for the Shaoling Trap Dungeon and Tournament stage.

I'm going through a bad tendinitis crisis, so I'll be objective (not actually harsh) about my last post answered by [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] (spoilers cause it's already old):

Spoiler:

You dropped some heavy philosophy and few artists name and yet not only missed the point completely, didn't contribute to the topic at hand, but you also went to another land entirely.

I'm talking about art and its development. That's your opinion on "not contributing", not a fact at all. You don't have to trash someone's opinion with no argument, that's not how a discussion works. You might want to not discuss on those terms, but that's on you. I quoted artists so you can see that your point about mixing human parallels into fiction creates decay to the artwork, and this is certainly not the case in any masterwork.

We are talking Mortal Kombat here, sunshine.

Exactly, cupcake. Compared to Caravaggio? Maybe trash. Compared to modern game industry? Very respectful, enduring and well crafted work of art.

Kafka nor Bosh have anything to do with that. Not only they are artists who lived in an entirely different time and environment with different amount of information, but they also didn't deal with themes like that. But if you wanna go into philosophy about art. Ok. Let's do this.

If you wanna outline a single fraction of art, like discussing western and eastern comics with MK, they certainly don't. Was trying to actually contribute to something with more depth than "sJw'S aNd ThEiR bUrKas".

Reading about alien worlds having exact same issues as our world, not only doesn't ignite imagination, but is literally the cheapest way to write anything. For you're not creating anything, but just copy paste same stuff to other places.

Well, if you can point me a work of art - cinema, literature, anything - that has absolutely no connection with reality and human relation, specially if they are considered masterworks, I will be happy. Tell you something: Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949. When I was a teenager, I heard about it. You did too. My kids will hear, and their kids will too. Saramago's Blindness was published in 1995. Same thing. I wonder those eastern revolutionary comics you're talking about in the future...

2. No. It doesn't go beyond Eastern/Western art. Don't even try.

Yes, it does. But once again, if you don't wanna go on those terms, that's on you. It's quite easy to discuss if you want to limit an art discussion to differences like these.

We went from 6 to 3 realms.
10.000 year old Kitana acts like she is 20.
Edenian society is the the same as human soecity. (Kitana's ending shows Edenia with European style buildings)
Shokan society is the same as human society, as they also deal with exact problems as we do. (based on very limited information in the new timeline)
Power levels all over the place.

Besides the lack of realm exploration, I see no problem.

Raiden went from God to Demi God (WTF).

Demi-Gods are synonym of a "lesser god", and that's obviously the meaning they intended. That's basically regular god, considering the larger scale, nothing has changed. We must not confuse demi-gods with halods, clearly stated in the franchise (Rain, Taven and Daegon). I confess I wasn't going to answer due to the time and tendinitis, but this "wtf" made me answer because there's literally no issue on that.

Suddenly Titans came from somewhere.
Etc.

Ok, so let's see: Shang Tsung was beaten, near immortal sorcerer; Shao Kahn was defeated, a god; Shinnok was defeated, by nature an Elder God. Literally, "What's Next"? They have beaten the biggest of them all. Even John Tobias recently admitted that after MK4 he felt Shinnok was the ultimate threat to the realms, they had to come up with something bigger and go on and on. So they came with Titans. What else? Primordial gods? Maybe.

No wonder nobody gives two shits about MK Lore now

If there's anything you might wanna remember from this answer is: please, it's not because YOU don't care that means NOBODY gives a shit anymore. You're not everybody, my friend. You are very very far from being a major opinion (overall) about MK. You might think MK lore is shit, etc., but that's YOU. Only you. Lots of other people agree with you, but LOTS of other people, me included, disagree with you. If MK lore was so ludicrous - much like eastern fighting games treat their backstories - NRS wouldn't even bother to create a SECOND STORYMODE with DLC characters. They could just sell them like they did since 2011.

That is excusable if world and the characters belong to the said writer. But if you put your hands on a world, that you haven't created and begin changing the core elements of it, to fit your vision? Either you're a shit writer or just an a$$hole.

Agreed. But in an actual world, where writers change all the time - like in comics, as you like - that happens. And guess the titan ex machina allows it currently. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't. I also dislike deviations from source material, but I don't know what you think, while Sindel was destroyed currently, Shinnok was treated with the deserved glory thanks to other writers.

5. Gods. How many times do we have to say this shit, until you finally gonna get it through your thick skulls. Nobody is losing shit about the fact that they changed outfits to Burkas. Entire shit storm started once the NRS DEVELOPER (Steve Beran) himself came to interview and gave the most idiotic reasoning for the change, which made people realize that the choice WAS NOT ARTISTIC, BUT POLITICALLY MOTIVATED. So I have no idea what the flying f%ck your NASA/ISS conspiracy theory comparison has to do with this topic. You would think that people would start researching for once, before they write something.

Oh, but that's not what the vast majority of people express. My comparison is that these people act the same.

Your message not only missed the point, but didn't give a single justification for what is happening.

Maybe it lost the point for you, for you.

In MK9 she was introduced as blood construct and now she is orphan that was taken in by Shao Kahn in MK11. They flip entire character in the same trilogy. She literally went through 3 changes during this one trilogy, which is supposed to be one Journey.

I dislike this kind of change, but I'd rather her current backstory than MK9's.

Characters like Raiden or Jax have no character development. Raiden literally stayed the same for three games. He is a meme at this point. "I need to consult the Elder Gods."

I disagree, but he's my favorite, you might think it's biased, not gonna burn my tendons on this, I respect your view on that.

The moment he changes into Dark Raiden he is immediately erased and you get the same Raiden who needs to ask Elder Gods for permission to go to a toilet.
Now original Raiden was a journey. Hell, he inspired me as a kid, when I saw Deception Intro. That was writing.

Won't burn my tendons on this either. I so f***** agree with you.

And now talking about current nonsense.
So they erased a whole character (Queen Mai, mother of Prince Goro, wife of King Gorbak and the HEIR to the Throne of Kuatan), just to make Sheeva the FIRST QUEEN of Shokan. That is already a disrespect for the lore.

Well, what's the source? It would be nice to know.

*In original timeline* there was never a single mention about females being seen, as less than males.

Sure. But we're not in the original timeline anymore.

as some feminist dipshit decided to put human politics into a race that values honor and strength, not what you have between your legs. But again, that's what you get for hiring someone that doesn't care about the world they are working on.

I kinda talked about this in the original post.

If you are part of the original lore and don't like this butchery, then you're not a true fan.

I'm from Brazil. Here people love football. People go to stadiums, curse the players, cry, scream, discuss with their best friends, stop talking with relatives because of the sport, say they will never, EVER again watch a game, promise they won't give a shit about it after the 15th time their team go to a sub division. Next weekend, they are at the stadium doing it all over again.

If there's one things one CANNOT say about you, is that you are NOT a fan.

Now, talking about a more recent theme: did you guys notice that Fujin INCREASED HIS SIZE?

:cry2: I feel so bad I can't play right now.

I'm going through a bad tendinitis crisis, so I'll be objective (not actually harsh) about my last post answered by [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] (spoilers cause it's already old):

Spoiler:

I'm talking about art and its development. That's your opinion on "not contributing", not a fact at all. You don't have to trash someone's opinion with no argument, that's not how a discussion works. You might want to not discuss on those terms, but that's on you. I quoted artists so you can see that your point about mixing human parallels into fiction creates decay to the artwork, and this is certainly not the case in any masterwork.

Exactly, cupcake. Compared to Caravaggio? Maybe trash. Compared to modern game industry? Very respectful, enduring and well crafted work of art.

If you wanna outline a single fraction of art, like discussing western and eastern comics with MK, they certainly don't. Was trying to actually contribute to something with more depth than "sJw'S aNd ThEiR bUrKas".

Well, if you can point me a work of art - cinema, literature, anything - that has absolutely no connection with reality and human relation, specially if they are considered masterworks, I will be happy. Tell you something: Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949. When I was a teenager, I heard about it. You did too. My kids will hear, and their kids will too. Saramago's Blindness was published in 1995. Same thing. I wonder those eastern revolutionary comics you're talking about in the future...

Yes, it does. But once again, if you don't wanna go on those terms, that's on you. It's quite easy to discuss if you want to limit an art discussion to differences like these.

Demi-Gods are synonym of a "lesser god", and that's obviously the meaning they intended. That's basically regular god, considering the larger scale, nothing has changed. We must not confuse demi-gods with halods, clearly stated in the franchise (Rain, Taven and Daegon). I confess I wasn't going to answer due to the time and tendinitis, but this "wtf" made me answer because there's literally no issue on that.

Ok, so let's see: Shang Tsung was beaten, near immortal sorcerer; Shao Kahn was defeated, a god; Shinnok was defeated, by nature an Elder God. Literally, "What's Next"? They have beaten the biggest of them all. Even John Tobias recently admitted that after MK4 he felt Shinnok was the ultimate threat to the realms, they had to come up with something bigger and go on and on. So they came with Titans. What else? Primordial gods? Maybe.

If there's anything you might wanna remember from this answer is: please, it's not because YOU don't care that means NOBODY gives a shit anymore. You're not everybody, my friend. You are very very far from being a major opinion (overall) about MK. You might think MK lore is shit, etc., but that's YOU. Only you. Lots of other people agree with you, but LOTS of other people, me included, disagree with you. If MK lore was so ludicrous - much like eastern fighting games treat their backstories - NRS wouldn't even bother to create a SECOND STORYMODE with DLC characters. They could just sell them like they did since 2011.

Agreed. But in an actual world, where writers change all the time - like in comics, as you like - that happens. And guess the titan ex machina allows it currently. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't. I also dislike deviations from source material, but I don't know what you think, while Sindel was destroyed currently, Shinnok was treated with the deserved glory thanks to other writers.

Oh, but that's not what the vast majority of people express. My comparison is that these people act the same.

Maybe it lost the point for you, for you.

I disagree, but he's my favorite, you might think it's biased, not gonna burn my tendons on this, I respect your view on that.

Won't burn my tendons on this either. I so f***** agree with you.

I kinda talked about this in the original post.

I'm from Brazil. Here people love football. People go to stadiums, curse the players, cry, scream, discuss with their best friends, stop talking with relatives because of the sport, say they will never, EVER again watch a game, promise they won't give a shit about it after the 15th time their team go to a sub division. Next weekend, they are at the stadium doing it all over again.

Now, talking about a more recent theme: did you guys notice that Fujin INCREASED HIS SIZE?

:cry2: I feel so bad I can't play right now.

Pretty ingenious idea to use spoilers tag to save the space. I shall use that from now on.

Spoiler:

Once again. What you bring in, is subjective and relevant to you. Not me. It sounds as if you're attempting to use these "masterworks" as universal standard for art, yet fail to take into consideration that I come from a different environment and how I perceive art and its development can be completely different from how you perceive it. Hence, why I brought up, that using those artists/authors is meaningless as it derails the point of the conversation, due the fact that this part of conversation is subjective.

Once again. Completely subjective, honey.

It makes conversations difficult to follow, if you begin adding elements that have nothing to do with the theme at hand. I am talking right here and now, for my personal worldview is about living here and now. Not in the past or the future. So don't be surprised if I call this out.

Nowhere have I stated that we have works that are completely alien to our culture/understanding/system. My point is that, if you create a world with alien society, then one should make it as alien as possible.
Also, I keep noticing a pretty strong element of arrogance OR ignorance. What is considered a masterwork by you and a specific group, doesn't mean it is considered the same by the rest of us.

Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949. When I was a teenager, I heard about it. You did too.

Wow... No. I did not. Interesting "argument" here. Once again. What YOU consider relevant, isn't relevant for me due my different worldviews that have been shaped by my personal experience and environment. I have never heard of Orwell, until you mentioned him and very likely will forget him in the near future as from what I saw, he doesn't float in the same pool I swim in. Same for "Saramago's Blindness".
As for those "eastern revolutionary comics". Most of the works are created by artists/writers that use eastern philosophy as for how nature is in constant change and there is nothing set. For what is unimaginable today, it will be the reality tomorrow.

"If you base you expectations on only what you see in front of yourself, you will be blind to possibilities of new realities tomorrow."

Hence why they works tend to be considered weird by Western culture, due the fact that someone like Japanese artists are more likely to experiment with the unconventional ideas. Ironically Eastern culture has a higher chance preserving as it focuses on flexibility, unlike Western that you try to sell (even if unintentionally) as universal standard. Hence why our views clash and the more I write, the more I realize that this entire discussion is meaningless as at this point our ideas are extreme opposites. While I have knowledge of Western culture, due growing up and studying there, I have left it for i found it stagnant. So yeah.

Once again. Subjective. As Eastern and Western ideologies are quite different, hence for me it sounds absurd thinking that those things go beyond, then we are already talking woldviews.
And yes. I don't wanna discuss art in overall in a Mortal Kombat 11 Thread. Especially if my original point is about how Mortal Kombat's world is being shaped. Not authors/artists from different time.

And that's why I see this discussion meaningless, as two extremely views clash. Where you don't see the problem, I see a colossal failure. But again. Subjective, due our different views/values.

Demi-God means an individual that is a PARTIAL DEITY. They posses divine abilities, but are MORTAL. Raiden is immortal and was introduced as a GOD OF THUNDER. Not the Demi-God. Demi-God thing only appeared recently. My issue is with status change. If he was introduced like this, then sure. No issues. There is a huge difference between Demi-God and full on God.

It is one of the reasons why western media is being losing ground in entertainment. Let's bring something like Star Wars.

We had Original trilogy, that dealt with a planet destroying threat. Death Star. Both Death Star and Death Star 2 were the focus points of original Star Wars. Prequel Star Wars didn't have any of that. The main point was the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. His life prior to becoming Darth Vader. We were introduced to politics, factions, Jedi and Sith. There were no planet ending threats. It was conventional warfare and relationships between the characters that drove the plot. And even though we didn't have planet ending threats, we were still exposed to tension due conflicts happening between the said factions and individuals.

Then came Disney Sequel Star Wars and they began doing the same thing, that a lot of western authors are being guilty of nowadays. Introducing the big bad that is bent on destroying everything. In this case, Starkiller's base in The Force Awakens, then the flagship in The Last Jedi and then this out nowhere massive fleet, which was built somehow, somewhere and the Emperor has survived somehow.

If you keep constantly introducing the big bads, you soon will run out of material and story becomes predictable. Hence why a lot of people were disappointed, that MKX story revolved around Shinnok and his medallion, instead of a more interesting topic: Outworld's Civil War.

You don't need the big bad, to make story interesting. If anything the big bad villain, tends to overshadow (most of the time) the world of the said story, as the journey to the villain takes the priority over exploration. Hence why these Titans feel cheap, as you can tell that writers wrote themselves into corner and started making shit up on the go.

Hahaha. What? I don't think, that MK Lore is shit. I say that it doesn't exist anymore. Nothing is consistent now. Hence you can't invest yourself into it. When Deception came out, you know how much time was spent discussing just the story? You know how much material Konquest mode alone has brought in? What f%cking lore is here in MK11? What elements can we discuss here? What is to explore? You can tell me that you "give a shit", but tell me something that wasn't covered already? LOTS of people. What is that LOTS of people. 100k? 10k? Here is the sad reality. People that care about lore are in minority. Experiencing story mode and caring about the lore are two different things. You have your casual player now that just joined after MK9 or MKX. You think they know anything about previous games? About the story before? Or the comics that delved deeper into the world of MK? No. They don't.

NRS is making a STORY MODE DLC!!!! So? And? You think that is a big deal? A LOT of people are defending the price tag: But dude! 40$ is a reasonable amount for a STORY MODE EXPANSION! Let me blow your bubble. Do you know why they bother to make a second storymode dlc? Cause it is easy now. They can mass produce these expansions. You think the expenses are for the content? LOL. No. The price tag is to cover the expensive voice actors and celebrities they got to promote the game. It has nothing to do with in game content. They are actually cutting so many corners, that you can't even begin to imagine.

All those cut scenes you see in the game are now all motion captured copy-paste. In the last 5 years, game engines/motion capture had advanced enough that you barely have to do any on hand adjustments for the models and animations when you import the recorded footage. Look at the backgrounds that they use for cut scenes. It is literally the stage at a different angle (minus additional scenes, like that laughably cheap Netherrealm background with big open flat surface and Cathedral placed in the middle of it.) They built the tools that allow them to streamline the production.

The reason why they allow themselves to retcon everything and change characters so drastically to match political narrative is BECAUSE nobody gives a shit. You're literally giving them a free pass! Right here in this quote!

Ok. Good. You prefer her current backstory. What about me? I got interested into her in MK9, as I thought she will turn out into something as bada$$, as Mortal Kombat Conquest: Shadow Priest. But f#ck me and everyone else that liked her in MK9! As long as I am happy, f$ck everyone else! Nah. You don't dislike shit. You happy with what you got. Hence why you see no problems.

... You do realize that it is an Original Timeline that deviated from its course once Raiden received visions in the first Mortal Kombat tournament? So everything that happened before that event, still remains the same as it was in ORIGINAL TIMELINE? Which means that Shokan culture couldn't just change in meager few years? So yeah. Point stands.

Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins

Completely irrelevant of what you or anyone else thinks aside NRS devs. If devs, the creators of Mortal Kombat, who I have worshipped as a teenager/in my early 20s and considered their studio as a holy ground, deemed me and people like me as not true fans, then that's it. They made it clear.

And they are correct. I am not a fan of what they did to Mortal Kombat. I am not a fan of stagnation and degradation. I am not a fan of politics in my games. I am not a fan of devs, telling me how they don't give two shits if they disappoint me or not, after i invest my time and money into their franchise. Not that I need a red carpet, but I also don't wanna hear how awesome you feel when you disappoint me or anyone else.

But I am a fan of Mortal Kombat world. I despise Mortal Kombat 11 and now the only reason why I even launch it and go through every "option" that they offer, is to remind myself on a daily basis, on how low the standards have dropped and to remind myself what a "mediocre" actually looks like, while I work on my projects.

Having said all of this, I think there is no point in continuing this discussion. Our views are completely opposite and barely have any common ground. You like what you see, because of your own valid reasons and I hate it for my own valid reasons. It is simply a difference in perspective as I follow different ideology and consider story writing of this kind cheap and stagnant.

Regarding the lore, I'll chime in on this and this alone, as I don't care to go into a whole debate with anyone on it.
I sure as hell still care about the lore.... A LOT.
It's the reason why retcons to Sindel, Skarlet and Kabal in MK11 (just to name a few) bug me so much.

Regarding the lore, I'll chime in on this and this alone, as I don't care to go into a whole debate with anyone on it.
I sure as hell still care about the lore.... A LOT.
It's the reason why retcons to Sindel, Skarlet and Kabal in MK11 (just to name a few) bug me so much.

When I said "nobody gives a shit about MK Lore", I had more in mind, the new generation. I don't mean the old guard here, who do care and actually have to deal with the fact that the characters they knew, got turned inside out. Anyone that joined after MK9-MKX has no idea, about the old MK Lore.

Here is an example from Ermac's Deception Ending video.

Untitled-2.png

And not because "hurr, durr bad people, don't appreciate the lore!". Nah. It is just that you get 2-4 hours of cutscenes and once you beat the 1 dimensional villain, story ends and that's it. I mean look at how much any of you talked here about MKX story and MK11. Remember the discussions that were had back in 3D Era? We had a Konquest mode with secrets ffs. Now? Here is a cliche Hollywood movie with 1 dimensional villain, heroes save the day, everyone lives happily ever after. I mean. What they gonna do in MK12? Titans? Oh gee. I wonder what will happen!

If we were to just look at overall new timeline.

Shao Kahn attacks Earthrealm > Shao Kahn is defeated > Turns out Shinnok/Quan Chi were manipulating the events > Shinnok attacks Earthrealm > Shinnok is defeated > Turns out Kronika was manipulating the events > Kronika gets defeated and now turns out Shang Tsung knew about Kronika, as he claims to have studied her. I am pretty confident in my chances, when I say that Liu Kang defeating Kronika, was all according to Shang Tsung's grand plan, which means that HE WAS MANIPULATING THE EVENTS.

Mortal Kombat has top tier lore, but a horrible story. They have these amazing characters, great concepts and interesting world, but the writers have absolutely no idea what to do with them.