Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Eh. At this point I can just laugh and hey not like everything is bad. Just seeing that you guys finally got a good looking Fujin is good enough for me. I can feel that excitement in the air, so that is good to know.

I'm hoping that you can at least have some fun again with some of the Friendships, Stages and Stage Fatalities. :)
Those finishers and new added stages look pretty cool, at least in the trailer.
The only stage I still think that they fcked up was the Prehistoric stage.
Used to by my favorite stage in MK11 until they added hologram interactibles. -_-

Do you guys noticed MK ending is now open to whatever it might come?

I mean, despite Cetrion was on her final battle skin - something that should be noted and makes all the difference - Fujin, Jax, Sindel and Tsung were in the island to take the crown. If we consider a possible explanation for the different skin, that moment could actually be when Jax is guarding the crown before his past self and Jacqui arrive.

If killing a past self kills the present one, taking the crown from Kronika could turn the ending upside down. Notice Raiden - Thunder God and Protector - is lightning swording a bunch of demons near what seems to be the final battle stage. And Sindel's resurrection takes place in a moment at the least post Shao Kahn's apparent death and Kitana's ascension (Chap. 7), while the island moment is Chap.9.

In absolutely any hypothesis Shang Tsung is not plotting to break the ending to his advantage. By taking the crown, while Kronika will certainly be defeated, but it will significantly change the events. I wonder if he isn't her backup plan.

I'm thinking that this will also serve as a way for NRS to gauge which way to go for MK12.

Hear me out, but:
If the added DLC story mode has multiple endings, then I'm thinking that NRS could see which mode / outcome fans liked the most and pull a Mass Effect 3 type of thing where they cater MK12 to the ending most people liked.
As much as I love MK11's gameplay, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that didn't care for MK11's ending.
I didn't complain about it publicly to them on Twitter like some rabid Mileena nut stan, but I'm guessing that they're also trying to back-peddle a little and explain how Sindel was completely retconned.
According to the trailer it seems like Shang Tsung has the ability with the Soul Well to also bring people back from the dead, so maybe they didn't retcon MK9 Sindel after all.
Dunno, but I really just want some answers to some of these questions.

I think the difference lies in the fact mk9 cyrax and sektor had a narrative reason for their human skins.

Frost doesn't have one.

True, but that also doesn't mean that they can't give her a narrative reason for it, especially now with Aftermath explaining how Fujin and Sindel are in.
If they are going to give her that skin for Aftermath, why not give her a small role in Aftermath on how Kronika "conned her into joining her and brainwashed her after being cyber-ized."
That little explanation and changing altering some intros and moves is something that it seems like they could do.
Her head toss could be converted to an ice bomb / falling ball of ice.
Her spinning move could be an long ice bo staff / sharp blade combination that she twirls around.
These are just a few examples.

Last edited:
I think the difference lies in the fact mk9 cyrax and sektor had a narrative reason for their human skins.

Frost doesn't have one.

Wait. Did Frost had a narrative reason to become a cyborg? Hmmm. Let me think. Oh yeah.

"You corrupted our clan, then you made peace with Shirai Ryu filth! With Kronika's help, I will restore the Lin Kuei's honor."

Says the person that had ABSOLUTELY ZERO stakes in the conflict, for she has joined YEARS AFTER Shirai Ryu was destroyed. But sure. Narrative reasons, man.

Or how about this? We are in 2020, nobody asked for Cyber Frost, the only few people that asked for Frost were either using my fanarts ( which was surprising) or DA/D/A version, yet decided that. Hey! Let's not give anything to anyone and let's create an abomination!

And yeah I am going to mock NRS for this, because they have the nerve to use the word INNOVATION, yet fail at the most basic concept of business. OPTIONS FOR PLAYERS. Could have just made Cyborg and Human Frost. But nah. Here eat this and be happy. You would think that almost a decade later, as game engines have advanced, now that we can create things 3 times faster, than in 2010, we would be seeing progress content wise. People would be able to pick different versions and just play with what they like. "You like traditional MK sexy outfits? Here you go, Sir!", "Would you like some conservative outfits? Here you go, Sir!" or "Would you like a practical outfit? Here you go!". Nope! Instead here we are. Can't be arsed to put extra effort. I mean shit. Imagine how low my standards were for Frost that at this point, I couldn't give two shits, how she would look like a human, if just believing for those 30 minutes that this is a human version, I was already looking for PRE-ORDER button.

Last edited:
Slow clap. Good job NRS. Living up to your "trolling". Got me real goood there. Not even gonna pretend that I wasn't fooled.

ss_7357b18ff4d71eed2a96f25b14217e2d36792f76.1920x1080.jpg

40 EUROS FOR THIS??? REALLY? AHAHAHAHAHA

Friendships do look fun. Sub Zero's legit made me laugh.

Same.
I'm also low key hoping that Shang Tsung turns into Mileena, just to further fck with people.

You can tell he loves his sausages....

And shrimp on the barbie. Lol

Slow clap. Good job NRS. Living up to your "trolling". Got me real goood there. Not even gonna pretend that I wasn't fooled.

View attachment 9979

40 EUROS FOR THIS??? REALLY? AHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't see it before, but I see it now after you posted the close-up.

On a separate note, I agree with [MENTION=28273]Nickolaidas[/MENTION].
That MKII mask on Deception Sub-Zero looks horrible, and I prefer the mask in the picture that he posted.

Same.
I'm also low key hoping that Shang Tsung turns into Mileena, just to further fck with people.

Aha. So it seems it is you who gives these sadistic ideas to NRS. Makes sense. I was thinking, why it felt like NRS was targeting me. It all makes sense. You get info about what I hate and report to NRS. You damn corporate spy.

Aha. So it seems it is you who gives these sadistic ideas to NRS. Makes sense. I was thinking, why it felt like NRS was targeting me. It all makes sense. You get info about what I hate and report to NRS. You damn corporate spy.

Wat? Lol :laugh:
Nah, I don’t reply to most of Ed’s Tweets, but the Mileena stans on there have gotten to a point of absurdity.
It’s come down to Ed putting something regarding someone’s passing away or a serious note and people are outright disrespectful.
They have not gotten to the absurd level of the Reiko douche, yet, but shit it feels like they’re getting close. Lol

Ed should pull off the ultimate troll and make Mileena a bald-headed androgynous cyborg for the next game.

Ed should pull off the ultimate troll and make Mileena a bald-headed androgynous cyborg for the next game.

Lmfao, Sinéad O'Connor Mileena. :laugh:

ON A SEPARATE NOTE:

Just a general reminder that you don't have to buy the whole Aftermath DLC, either.
As with MKX / XL and KP1 for both MKX and MK11, it appears that you can download the characters separately...

This here is proof that the characters should be available for separate purchase.
VVVVVV
https://old.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/gf6y3c/another_update_160620/

I know that this is a "no shit, Commander" type of thing, but I've seen tons of people freaking out over having to pay for the entire Aftermath pack just to gain access to DLC characters on reddit and other social media sites, when this has not been the case with MKX and MK11 KPs, so far.

Remember, that the MKX / XL announcement trailer also said nothing about buying characters separately, initially, but lo and behold I have yet to buy Alien or Leatherface and was able to buy Bo Rai Cho and Triborg on March 8th....

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]

Thank you man for this finding, it calmed me down. I know it was very likely from the start, but nevertheless not so obvious, given that it is basically the first time they are releasing this kinda stuff and it is not a 'regular' Kombat Pack. I am glad to possibly get Sheeva, Fujin and the story expansion WITHOUT frkn Robocop.

Last edited:
No prob. :)
For the KPs from MKX and MK11, I usually find that it's best not to jump on the hype train right away and just wait it out and see what other details come out about what's included with it.
I don't care for guests (in general), so I always get the version that doesn't have them.
Plus, chances are good that they'll also do a sale some time down the line.

Yeah, a lot of cool stuff is coming (some stuff is free), but if they make the characters available like that for separate purchase and you don't want to spend the $40 for everything, then that may be the way to go.
I'm still not 100% sure about story mode being separate, but it does seem like the characters will be separate.
I highly doubt that those 3 separate DLC slots at $6 are skin packs, but that's also another possibility.
Either way, cooler heads prevail, and sometimes taking a step back and analyzing it could give you what you were looking for.

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to break my own rule about never getting guests, but after letting the hype die down a little and thinking about it more I was like "when has an MK character for DLC ever NOT been available the week after the Pack owners get it?"

So, if I have to wait an extra week for Fujin, then so be it, since I've already waited 23 years for him to be playable with original Fatalities.

If the DLC characters aren't available outside of the pack right away, then what's the rush?
I'll either wait for them to be available or if it's an all or nothing deal then I'll wait for the pack to go on some sale. No biggie.

Last edited:
True, but that also doesn't mean that they can't give her a narrative reason for it, especially now with Aftermath explaining how Fujin and Sindel are in.

They could. But they didn't. In the entire story of MK11 she is a cyborg. Ergo, there isn't a narrative reason for her to have a human skin (with different human animations) in DLC and skin packs.

Is there a reason? Sure, for guys like Misucra who vastly preferred her as a 100% human Lin Kuei fighter.

But a *narrative* reason? There isn't one - she wasn't given one. For now.

They could. But they didn't. In the entire story of MK11 she is a cyborg. Ergo, there isn't a narrative reason for her to have a human skin (with different human animations) in DLC and skin packs.

There could easily be a narrative reason for it the same way that there's a narrative reason for Sindel being brought back from the dead in the Aftermath story, despite still being dead as of MK11: time travel.
MKX / MK11 Sindel seems to come from another timeline, so this could easily be pre-MK9 / old timeline Sindel that we see in the Aftermath story, and the same could apply for Frost if they wanted to.
Time travel is the biggest fcking scape-goat that NRS has used for the entirety of MK11's story mode, and now they somehow can't use that same time travel scape-goat? Why?

We even see Shang Tsung, Fujin and Nightwolf in the Aftermath trailer coming from a future where Liu Kang has messed up the timeline, so yeah, it could be done.

We don't know all of the details of Aftermath, so it's possible that Shang Tsung, Fujin and Nightwolf travel to the Deception part of the old timeline to fix things. We don't know if some of the Aftermath story could involve Raiden and Liu Kang sending Fujin, Shang, Nightwolf and Sheeva into the past (pre-MK9) to "fix" things.

There could easily be a narrative reason for it the same way that there's a narrative reason for Sindel being brought back from the dead in the Aftermath story, despite still being dead as of MK11: time travel.
MKX / MK11 Sindel seems to come from another timeline, so this could easily be pre-MK9 / old timeline Sindel that we see in the Aftermath story, and the same could apply for Frost if they wanted to.
Time travel is the biggest fcking scape-goat that NRS has used for the entirety of MK11's story mode, and now they somehow can't use that same time travel scape-goat? Why?

We even see Shang Tsung, Fujin and Nightwolf in the Aftermath trailer coming from a future where Liu Kang has messed up the timeline, so yeah, it could be done.

We don't know all of the details of Aftermath, so it's possible that Shang Tsung, Fujin and Nightwolf travel to the Deception part of the old timeline to fix things. We don't know if some of the Aftermath story could involve Raiden and Liu Kang sending Fujin, Shang, Nightwolf and Sheeva into the past (pre-MK9) to "fix" things.

Am I not saying this right?

They could do whatever the hell stroke their fancy - heck, they COULD make Frost an elder god if they wanted to. But they DIDN'T. And since Frost wasn't made human in the story of MK11, there is no narrative reason to make her a human skin in the DLC that follow. Cyrax and Sektor were human at some point of MK9's story, so NRS *had* a narrative reason to give them a human skin with human properties.

What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't expect NRS to give us a human Frost skin when the story of MK11 never had a human Frost to begin with. It's not a question of what they *could* do in the story, it's a question of what they ended up *doing* in the story.

And why are you talking about the Deception timeline? Based on the scenes we saw in the trailer, Shang, Fujin and co are transported to the MK11 timeline. Baraka calls Sheeva his equal, which means it's post Kitana pwning Shao Kahn, and Shang facing Cetrion in his island with Jax is the part where young Jax and Jacqui went to the island to steal Kronika's crown and were intercepted by Cetrion. Where did you figure out they travel in an era Kronika was all but unheard of?

EDIT: Are you talking about the scene where Shang is fighting Cyborg mooks? That they may be ordered by a human Frost?

Is there a reason? Sure, for guys like Misucra who vastly preferred her as a 100% human Lin Kuei fighter.

But a *narrative* reason? There isn't one - she wasn't given one. For now.

You know the funny thing? When I first heard in the leaks, that Frost was going to be a Cyborg, I wasn't actually mad. No. I was actually ok with that. Yes, I would have preferred a human Frost, but I also got to see in the leaks how Cyrax and Sektor looked like and they look dope af. Literally the best Cyborg look in all MK games. So I was thought. "Hey if that's how Cyrax and Sektor look like, then I am down for a Cyborg Frost."
I imagined that it will be like a more slender/agile version of those cyborg bodies. So literally to fix Frost, they would just need to give her a full Cyborg body. Easiest compromise. But that ain't gonna happen, cause NRS decisions are made by complete and utter morons.