Page 341 of 363 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 7243

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    If you're including MKvsDC in those "first 8," then no, I completely disagree with that particular game.
    I'll take most of MK9 over some stupid rage monster and Shao Kahn and Raiden being brothers.
    My apologies. I keep always miscalculating, cause I managed through insane mental trauma to remove MKvDC from my memories, so every time I say MK8, I imagine Armageddon. Cause nothing else happened between MKA and MK9.
    Last edited by Misucra; 03-02-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

PSN
    yuleopard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misucra View Post
    I said Vision. Two different things. Onaga and One Being were part of the world. It fit the Theme which was established by Tobias. I agree That Onaga/One Being and the rest of the stuff that came after MK4 was Vogel's ideas, but they were ADDITIONS to established world. Problem is that after MK9, MK f%cked off to Hollywood style writing and stories. Now it is all Earthrealm and special forces.

MKX story was the first misfire and then Shawn came with his fanfics and shippings and completely ruined it.

Overall even MK9 story (compared to what we had in the first 8 MK games) was subpar and had some character assassinations going. Dumbing down of Shao Kahn. Lots of character not making sense. Etc.

I also couldn't see them shitting on me, ruining MK lore, retconing Sindel's backstory for no reason, getting woke, destroying Frost to such point that 3D Era Frost looks like an award winning writing. But here we are. If they can just simply destroy the backstory of one of the most famous chaarcters (that existed for 20 freaking years), then some new gen kids that haven't lasted a decade will be more than easy.
    Yeah... you're right. It's been ruined by the wokeness, pandering and Hollywood interference... I still have hope that John Tobias might come back or Vogel might figure out a way to do Skitter while working on Mortal Kombat... a guy can dream I suppose...

I really hope they try something new though like a Shaolin Monks like everyone begs them to ... or a return to the 3D era gameplay

PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara16 View Post
    Yeah... you're right. It's been ruined by the wokeness, pandering and Hollywood interference... I still have hope that John Tobias might come back or Vogel might figure out a way to do Skitter while working on Mortal Kombat... a guy can dream I suppose...

I really hope they try something new though like a Shaolin Monks like everyone begs them to ... or a return to the 3D era gameplay
    I want the original Arcade gameplay back instead.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PSN
    yuleopard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    I want the original Arcade gameplay back instead.

It's weird how we don't have any rereleases of the Pre-MK9 stuff on new-gen consoles. Does WB still have the rights to the older stuff? Or does Ed just not want other teams to work on an HD rerelease of the older stuff?

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

It's weird how we don't have any rereleases of the Pre-MK9 stuff on new-gen consoles. Does WB still have the rights to the older stuff? Or does Ed just not want other teams to work on an HD rerelease of the older stuff?
    WB owns everything. They bought it. As long as WB exists they own that. The only ways they could lose the rights to that content is:
    A. Go Bankrupt
    B. Sell it off to someone
    C. License holder dies (though if I remember correctly, it would still be their "property" or IP for the next 50 years)
    D. Neglect of copyright. If someone else makes content with Mortal Kombat name on it and they fail to address that, they face possibility of losing the license. (Though not sure about this one)
    Last edited by Misucra; 03-03-2020 at 10:24 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Misucra For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

WB owns everything. They bought it. As long as WB exists they own that. The only ways they could lose the rights to that content is:
    A. Go Bankrupt
    C. License holder dies (though if I remember correctly, it would still be their "property" or IP for the next 50 years)
    D. Neglect of copyright. If someone makes else content with Mortal Kombat name on it and they fail to address that, they face possibility of losing the license. (Though not sure about this one)
    As far as I understand, part D only applies to Trademark law, but I could be wrong.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    As far as I understand, part D only applies to Trademark law, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that one I am not very clear on. I do remember the law, just not sure for which one is it specifically.

PSN
    yuleopard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A. Go Bankrupt
    D. Neglect of copyright. If someone else makes content with Mortal Kombat name on it and they fail to address that, they face possibility of losing the license. (Though not sure about this one)
    Thanks for that info.

Well, is there anything you are looking forward to with the series?

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Thanks for that info.

Well, is there anything you are looking forward to with the series?
    Nope.

What's the point of looking forward to anything, if you're not part of the audience? It's like punching yourself in the face. MK11 is so bad, that I do nothing, but shit on it, every time it comes up as a topic. I know that we won't get anything better, I am definitely not gonna wait for the new one, as it will be definitely 5-6 years until the next one. Even with all life extensions happening and knowing that there is a good chance that my generation won't even see the life of not being able to wipe their own ass, I still consider that as a waste of freaking time.

Everything that I would want from Mortal Kombat would require actual effort and passion and knowing how NRS operates now, I am not gonna be stupid enough to even dream of them making anything interesting.

Having said that. I still like Mortal Kombat. I grew up with it. Ironically it inspired me a lot as a kid. Deception Intro is still one of the best Intros I have seen and the best intro in MK series (for me). But I am done with the series. I expect nothing and I don't care. I can guarantee you, that I won't even look at MK12 trailer.

Even so, I don't want my time with MK end with a shit taste, so I am writing down MK Lore in my own style, to have it as a "souvenir" and then I won't have to look back into the game series. I was in MK for the world and story. Gameplay came second for me. So if I can't have a game that actually innovates and doesn't preach to you about the f$cking politics, I will at least have a story. It is one of the few games that deserve that from me. I grew up with it, I invested decades in it and like I hell I will listen to dipshits like Shawn Kittelsen about what is canon and what is headcanon. Bi%ch can shove that shit up his sorry ass.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Holy shit.

Final Kombat LCQs cancelled a few hours before the event, with refunds promised to those who boarded planes and booked hotels to attend. (The finals are still on for Sunday)

Like …

The incompetence? The idiocy? The seriously bad timing? It's simply mind-boggling.

They literally waited up until the last minute to cancel the LCQs.

People have already risked exposure to the coronavirus by flying over to Chicago, you f*&king idiots.

You don't cancel at the last minute. You don't cancel a few hours before the event.

YOU CANCEL. DAYS. AGO. So that people WON'T travel, and so that people WON'T risk exposure to the virus WHILE TRAVERSING THROUGH THE AIRPORT, OR WHILE ON BOARD THE PLANE ITSELF.

You don't get to cancel the event when the majority of the people are already there, thus already risked themselves to the danger, while you now pretend you are concerned about their safety, having ALREADY risked it by not cancelling the event at a reasonable time frame.

You incompetent louts.

You f*&king morons.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickolaidas For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

This game is a PR nightmare.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:

PSN
    therealkadell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    This game is a PR nightmare.
    I thought with Ed Boon not speaking as much this time around that it wouldn't beat MKX in a bad PR competition. Now I regret saying Boon shouldn't handle all of the PR cause MK11 hasn't been the answers for the past year. This is very bad. At least during MKX Ed Boon brought the damage control out as soon as he could whenever something he promised was soon to be discovered as false. Back during MKX, this event would've been canceled in January.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolaidas View Post
    Holy shit.

Final Kombat LCQs cancelled a few hours before the event, with refunds promised to those who boarded planes and booked hotels to attend. (The finals are still on for Sunday)

Like …

The incompetence? The idiocy? The seriously bad timing? It's simply mind-boggling.

They literally waited up until the last minute to cancel the LCQs.

People have already risked exposure to the coronavirus by flying over to Chicago, you f*&king idiots.

You don't cancel at the last minute. You don't cancel a few hours before the event.

YOU CANCEL. DAYS. AGO. So that people WON'T travel, and so that people WON'T risk exposure to the virus WHILE TRAVERSING THROUGH THE AIRPORT, OR WHILE ON BOARD THE PLANE ITSELF.

You don't get to cancel the event when the majority of the people are already there, thus already risked themselves to the danger, while you now pretend you are concerned about their safety, having ALREADY risked it by not cancelling the event at a reasonable time frame.

You incompetent louts.

You f*&king morons.
    If situation wasn't related to a virus outbreak, I would be laughing my ass off. But all I can do is just facepalm myself in this case. Gods, these morons.

"E-Sports focused"

Bunch of virtue signalling, incompetent, ass kissing, madafawkas. Not only can't deliver a normal game, but also play around with people's time, money and possibly life.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Finally finished my PC. Got MK11 Premium for less than 40 bucks. These Steam sales are no joke lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    Finally finished my PC. Got MK11 Premium for less than 40 bucks. These Steam sales are no joke lol
    Ended up double dipping myself. Pre-ordered the game on X-Box One X and bought it on 65% sale on PSN after 10 months. Decided to go fully on PS ecosystem, so I re-bought the two games I absolutely had to have on my PS4 - RE2make and MK11.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I still have MK11 sitting in my Steam library, collecting dust....wasn't even arsed to refund it in time. Same with Dead on Arrival.

Misucra here has been hardcore griding MK11 however since Day 1. Love-hate relationship.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I still have MK11 sitting in my Steam library, collecting dust....wasn't even arsed to refund it in time. Same with Dead on Arrival.

Misucra here has been hardcore griding MK11 however since Day 1. Love-hate relationship.
    Didn't your mom teach you that lying leads to a painful end, that involves a nailed baseball bat?

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

As much as MK11 is one of the Top 5 selling games of 2019, yeah, their PR has been horrendous with dropping out of Evo and now cancelling the live audience for Final Kombat.
    Yeah, I understand about the disease, but this string of cancellations for tournaments doesn’t bode well for a game that’s supposed to get “longer support” than any previous NRS game.
    This is why I think that they NEED to announce / tease if they’re doing additional DLC characters / content for MK11 at Final Kombat today.
    They need to assure people that they will at least support it past Spawn with updates / patches for the meta and that those who are hoping for a KP2 after Spawn will also be getting that.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Final Kombat is gathering quite a traction on Twitch - right now about 23K viewers.
    Last edited by Nickolaidas; 03-08-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Holy, shit - really taking off! 28K viewers!

Page 341 of 363 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast

Thread Information