Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Sigh... so it wasn't enough for them. They decided they need to shit on the lore a bit more? Wow. I will give them props. That's some dedication. Not to mention, I hear now every Liu Kang/Kitana shipper crying blood of tears, as the best ending turns out to be non canon. Enjoy f%ckers. That's NRS for you. You like something? WELL SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Just as I already found peace and invested tremendous resources in my MK fan fiction, these guys come in. Great timing.

Actually not. That's usual timing. MK11 PC version has actually just received patches that fixed graphical issues (just recently). It only took them a whole year to fix. Right before MK11 Story announcement. Just like how they dropped a performance fix for MK9 one year after the launch (right after MKX announcement) and MKX was fixed almost a full year after the release as well. Man, what a group of shitbags.

Misucra, you assured us the game is dead - WHAT THE HELL, MAN!??!

The 4chan leak also mentioned the additional finisher type (also previously leaked / data mined), and Aftermath itself was discovered back in March.

I'm happy to see that this is 2nd wave of DLC is finally coming true and we'll be getting a reveal of some sort tomorrow. :)

I don't care for Robocop, but I'll be happy to see the other 2 in.
As much as I usually don't care for more klassic characters, I feel like the MKX comics and MK11 story mode both did a good job of fleshing out Sheeva beyond just being an enforcer for Shao Kahn, and they've made a Shang Tsung main out of me (Warlock) along with Geras and still Jacqui in MK11.

As for Fujin, I've been waiting years to see an original Fujin with his own Fatalities (and now Brutalities) in an MK game again.

I don't think that ANYONE cares for Robocop.

I'm lowkey wondering if this DLC is used as a way to change the ending to make MK12 not be a reboot as well as change things in a way where the story continues after the MKX Comic book completely making MKX & 11 non-canon.

I'm lowkey wondering if this DLC is used as a way to change the ending to make MK12 not be a reboot as well as change things in a way where the story continues after the MKX Comic book completely making MKX & 11 non-canon.

I've been thinking about that, too.
Not so much to make MK11 non-canon but perhaps as a way for them to possibly see where it will go next, based on what outcome (if there are multiple outcomes) the fans like the most in this DLC.

Will probably be part of a Komplete / XL Edition equivalent, down the road, with all of the KP1 and additional characters after KP1 included for about $60.

I don't get it. They delete everyone, and now somehow Shang T Sung comes back. Who knew a game about having 2 people beat each other to a bloody pulp could be so confusing and convoluted. And Robocop?.....Just make that comic game already, Edward.

Misucra, you assured us the game is dead - WHAT THE HELL, MAN!??!

Oh, you're talking about Coronavirus coming in and forcing people to sit at homes, which in return increased player activity on all games? Or are you talking about how SJW industry is literally collapsing with people losing jobs left and right? Or how Warner Bros is bleeding money right now as a lot of their production was stopped and many Tv series/movie projects have been delayed or are just making new records with RECORD LOW viewership, making them lose billions? Which then forces Warner Bros to depend on their DIGITAL PRODUCTION? Which means that games as service like Mortal Kombat 11 are literally one of the few viable financial sources, hence why there was no early announcement about Story DLC and it was dropped out of nowhere? Cause the big news that Ed Boon was talking about before, was actually about Scorpion's Revenge. So yeah. Good for MK11. They had stars align for them.

Btw right now they can't make any E-Sports content, as tournaments are either getting cancelled or going online. And they also won't appear in EVO, so right now the most profitable choice is Single Player content. I will be legit surprised if release date will be closer than 4 months.

If DLC release date will be the end of 2020, then they came up with this shit on a go. (As usual)

EDIT: Or they will be reusing a lot of assets.

Btw... hmm. Let me check what did I write. Hmm. I do remember saying MK will be DYING. Not DEAD. But hey you were close, amigos. But not close enough.

Congratulations, now thanks to COVID 19 game companies are beginning to give more shit about QUALITY CONTENT, as they are LOSING MONEY OTHERWISE.

Last edited:
I don't get it. They delete everyone, and now somehow Shang T Sung comes back. Who knew a game about having 2 people beat each other to a bloody pulp could be so confusing and convoluted. And Robocop?.....Just make that comic game already, Edward.

I am getting a feeling they will be reusing a lot of assets. This might be a quick cash grab, to attract people to the content, as Warner Bros is in shit financial situation (not as bad, as Disney though. Oof. Those guys are about to enter the Dark Age)

hence why there was no early announcement about Story DLC and it was dropped out of nowhere? Cause the big news that Ed Boon was talking about before, was actually about Scorpion's Revenge. So yeah. Good for MK11.

Not really.
After the reveal for Spawn's trailer and Scorpion's Revenge at Final Kombat, Boon specifically said that there were more surprises for MK11.

I even mentioned it back on page 342 (#6825), on the same day that Final Kombat took place:

There wasn’t a KP2 announcement tonight, but BOTH Boon and the Tournament announcer said that there were still big surprises left for MK11 in store (after both the Spawn trailer AND the Scorpion’s Revenge trailers were shown).
Tournament announcer even said that he wasn’t allowed to talk about it but to stay tuned to their social media accounts.

Plus, on April 24th Ed Boon said the following in an interview with Gamespot......
"Since we had that big reveal event over a year ago, I was pretty clear in trying to communicate that we plan on supporting Mortal Kombat 11 as we did with our previous games," said Boon. "With MKX and Injustice 2, our previous sequels, we supported them further than just the first set of characters and updates. So there's nothing that we are ready to announce or anything like that, but we are not absolutely done with Mortal Kombat 11."

So, no.
I really don't see how additional DLC or more content for MK11 was "dropped out of nowhere."
Plus, characters like Fujin, Sheeva and Ash Williams have been data mined for nearly the past year, and near the release of Shang Tsung and Nightwolf the Dead Pool and Soul Chamber were also data mined.

Not really.
After the reveal for Spawn's trailer and Scorpion's Revenge at Final Kombat, Boon specifically said that there were more surprises for MK11.

I even mentioned it back on page 342 (#6825), on the same day that Final Kombat took place:

Plus, on April 24th Ed Boon said the following in an interview with Gamespot......
"Since we had that big reveal event over a year ago, I was pretty clear in trying to communicate that we plan on supporting Mortal Kombat 11 as we did with our previous games," said Boon. "With MKX and Injustice 2, our previous sequels, we supported them further than just the first set of characters and updates. So there's nothing that we are ready to announce or anything like that, but we are not absolutely done with Mortal Kombat 11."

So, no.
I really don't see how additional DLC or more content for MK11 was "dropped out of nowhere."
Plus, characters like Fujin, Sheeva and Ash Williams have been data mined for nearly the past year, and near the release of Shang Tsung and Nightwolf the Dead Pool and Soul Chamber were also data mined.

If that's the case, then I stand corrected.

I still see too much of convenient timing, but at this point I will wait and see. As I have no idea where they could legitimately go with the story, without making it into a bigger mess. Reveal is tomorrow after all.

As for trailer. One detail I noticed is that Hourglass is breaking apart, while Liu Kang is interacting with it. Maybe it was used too many times by Kronika. Or Space and Time is becoming unstable.

If successful, then maybe Injustice 3 will be the only injustice game next-gen with them continually updating that game with characters, stages, and new standalone storylines.

If successful, then maybe Injustice 3 will be the only injustice game next-gen with them continually updating that game with characters, stages, and new standalone storylines.

Yep Injustice 3 is obviously being developed with next gen systems in mind. I view this story DLC (Kombat pack 2? )as NRS extending MK11's life until the main NRS team have injustice 3 ready. I hope they do some major changes to bring me back to the game.

Sigh... so it wasn't enough for them. They decided they need to shit on the lore a bit more? Wow.

Actually, it's a good oportunity to fix story, especially with additional characters involved with it.

I wonder how many chapter will be in that DLC, 3-4? Shang, Fujin, Nightwolf, Sheeva?

If that's the case, then I stand corrected.

I still see too much of convenient timing, but at this point I will wait and see. As I have no idea where they could legitimately go with the story, without making it into a bigger mess. Reveal is tomorrow after all.

Just to be clear, Story DLC was datamined ages ago (back then when they datamined Cyrax/Sektor brutalities), just like a 3rd Kombat Pack. I had even mentioned that Story DLC was probably coming based on the Story_Name datamine, but almost everyone was certain they wouldn't make Story DLC and the Story_Name was something else.

This had nothing to do with coronavirus.

Story & Stage DLC.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, it's a good oportunity to fix story, especially with additional characters involved with it.

I wonder how many chapter will be in that DLC, 3-4? Shang, Fujin, Nightwolf, Sheeva?

If Shawn Kittelsen is the one writing, then it is not happening.

I'm just hoping the expanded story fully allows Kitana reign as Kahn to continue in the next game

...But Katana got deleted, like the rest of the cast. Unless Lui starts remaking all of the events without bad guys like Shao D. Trump, which makes the entire game pointless...

I don't think this DLC is going to be anything worthwhile when it comes to the story. Leaks said there's going to be 4 chapters or so, focusing on DLC characters. Their main story was nothing more but characters going in cycles, with Ed Boon pressing the reset button at the end. Trying to "fix" it in 4 chapters which are basically ads for the DLC characters... that's going to take some consistent effort, and our boy Shawn is world renowned for consistency and effort.

I would suggest regarding a dialogue exchange between Liu Kang and Shang Tsung that Kang himself sent Tsung back in time.

While everybody was deleted, maybe these people coming back are from the soon to be created timeline.

Liu Kang is probably setting up a "perfect" timeline, and as Cetrion said in another exchange (with Raiden), a timeline without Shinnok will bring a far worse evil, something she didn't say what exactly.

We'll see in a few hours, but that's my guess.

Obs.: If we consider characters intros, there's a subtle plot where Shang Tsung tries to resurrect Onaga who was using Kung Lao as puppet, and the sorcerer had Raiden's dark side as leverage. That's the only fragment we have, besides Cetrion's quote.

Oh, you're talking about Coronavirus coming in and forcing people to sit at homes

Funnily enough, Covid-19 didn't help this game. It's still in a free fall. In fact I've only seen a few games that actually benefited from it.

I really hope this story DLC will have Sindel be willingly good and have a version of Cetrion where she's in the side of good!

Also the 3 silhouettes shown in the trailer (from left to right) are most likely Sindel OR Fujin, Shang Tsung, and Nightwolf.