Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

For the next game, NRS should just add everyone that was apart of Mortal Kombat, Like how they did with mk trilogy. Just combine mk9 up to mk 11 and you have everyone with exclusion of a few characters. Even all costumes put in games as well too, alongside with fight style variations.

For the next game, NRS should just add everyone that was apart of Mortal Kombat, Like how they did with mk trilogy. Just combine mk9 up to mk 11 and you have everyone with exclusion of a few characters. Even all costumes put in games as well too, alongside with fight style variations.

You think it's easy pulling a roster of 50 characters out of your butt with the production values current MK games have?

MK Trilogy was feasible because it was a cheap, rush job with almost no work needed on Midway's part. The sprites were ready, the moves were ready, the content was ready.

Same thing with Armageddon. 80% of the roster was recycled models and movesets from MK Deadly Alliance and Deception. There were a few new models for the sake of completion, like Stryker, Kai and a few more, but the majority was ready for use.

This isn't the same thing with the newer games. Almost all the roster is done from scratch, with the exception of NPCs who are usually taken from the previous games with a new character model (MKX Baraka is basically MK9 Baraka minus some MKX features, MK11 Sektor is MKX Triborg minus some MK11 features, etc.). There are a few characters who use a previous character as a template (Kollector's model is based on Injustice 2's Scarecrow), but it is nowhere near the simple copy-paste techniques the devs used in the older MK trilogy games.

So what you're suggesting would require a lot more time and manpower, which WB apparently isn't willing to give.

Plus, if every game has the same roster plus 1-3 new characters, the fans won't be so anxious to buy the next one. Mileena fans will pre-order MK12 like yesterday after her absence in MK11, while they won't bother as fast if she was playable in the current installment.

There are a lot of factors to take under consideration when making an AAA fighting video game.

You think it's easy pulling a roster of 50 characters out of your butt with the production values current MK games have?

MK Trilogy was feasible because it was a cheap, rush job with almost no work needed on Midway's part. The sprites were ready, the moves were ready, the content was ready.

Same thing with Armageddon. 80% of the roster was recycled models and movesets from MK Deadly Alliance and Deception. There were a few new models for the sake of completion, like Stryker, Kai and a few more, but the majority was ready for use.

This isn't the same thing with the newer games. Almost all the roster is done from scratch, with the exception of NPCs who are usually taken from the previous games with a new character model (MKX Baraka is basically MK9 Baraka minus some MKX features, MK11 Sektor is MKX Triborg minus some MK11 features, etc.). There are a few characters who use a previous character as a template (Kollector's model is based on Injustice 2's Scarecrow), but it is nowhere near the simple copy-paste techniques the devs used in the older MK trilogy games.

So what you're suggesting would require a lot more time and manpower, which WB apparently isn't willing to give.

Plus, if every game has the same roster plus 1-3 new characters, the fans won't be so anxious to buy the next one. Mileena fans will pre-order MK12 like yesterday after her absence in MK11, while they won't bother as fast if she was playable in the current installment.

There are a lot of factors to take under consideration when making an AAA fighting video game.

This is pretty much what I keep saying to people who ask keep asking for "everyone is here!" type game. They then try to compare things to Smash Ultimate when the only reason they were able to do that there was like you said for MKT and MKA, a lot of reused assets. In fact, for the next Smash, I fully expect it to be made from scratch and not to actually have all characters that are in Ultimate. Especially considering how haggard got Sakurai with 50+ hour work weeks (and I think 60+ for earlier games), think of what trying to balance an even bigger roster could do to him. Especially considering the health problems he's had. Or hell if he were to retire, think of how stressful it could be to whoever takes over.

Usually whenever a fighting game sequel(or a party game as some people consider Smash to be) brings back every character from the last game or has a huge roster right from the get-go it's because of either reused assets/recycled models or the last game didn't have a very big roster. For instance, prior to Ultimate, Melee was the only sequel to bring back all the characters and that's only because the original Smash just had 12 and had a much smaller roster to work with. So they could much more easily keep all the characters while adding new ones.

There's also Marvel vs Capcom 2 where the majority of the characters had their sprites brought over from the past Marvel/Capcom fighters along with Street Fighter Alpha and Darkstalkers. Out of the 56 characters, only 9 of them had new sprites. Over half the work was already done. Then there's the King Of Fighters series, they tended to have huge roster due to sprite recycling, but for KOF12, SNK decided to go with a different art style and had to make every single character from scratch. Because of this, the 12th game had just 20 characters, which is the smallest roster in the history of the series. Even smaller than the first game.

This is pretty much what I keep saying to people who ask keep asking for "everyone is here!" type game. They then try to compare things to Smash Ultimate when the only reason they were able to do that there was like you said for MKT and MKA, a lot of reused assets. In fact, for the next Smash, I fully expect it to be made from scratch and not to actually have all characters that are in Ultimate. Especially considering how haggard got Sakurai with 50+ hour work weeks (and I think 60+ for earlier games), think of what trying to balance an even bigger roster could do to him. Especially considering the health problems he's had. Or hell if he were to retire, think of how stressful it could be to whoever takes over.

Usually whenever a fighting game sequel(or a party game as some people consider Smash to be) brings back every character from the last game or has a huge roster right from the get-go it's because of either reused assets/recycled models or the last game didn't have a very big roster. For instance, prior to Ultimate, Melee was the only sequel to bring back all the characters and that's only because the original Smash just had 12 and had a much smaller roster to work with. So they could much more easily keep all the characters while adding new ones.

There's also Marvel vs Capcom 2 where the majority of the characters had their sprites brought over from the past Marvel/Capcom fighters along with Street Fighter Alpha and Darkstalkers. Out of the 56 characters, only 9 of them had new sprites. Over half the work was already done. Then there's the King Of Fighters series, they tended to have huge roster due to sprite recycling, but for KOF12, SNK decided to go with a different art style and had to make every single character from scratch. Because of this, the 12th game had just 20 characters, which is the smallest roster in the history of the series. Even smaller than the first game.

I agree with all of this, as well.

I've also seen some ignorant ass remarks by people in reddit (in general) like "KP1 shouldn't have been $40."
Really?!?
With all of the skins, kustom variations, gear, intros, outros, intro VO lines, Brutalities, character icons and other shit that goes into each character? This isn't like UMK3 where John Turk puts on the UMK3 Scorpion costumes, does all of the other klassic male ninja moves and they call it a day.
A LOT more work goes into the process for these characters nowadays, especially in MKX and MK11, and these characters take about a couple of months EACH to have them completed from start to finish.

The only reason we got characters a month apart in MKX and prior was because NRS was over-working their employees with absurd crunch-time deadlines and borderline abusive work schedules, as was reported.

I agree with all of this, as well.

I've also seen some ignorant ass remarks by people in reddit (in general) like "KP1 shouldn't have been $40."
Really?!?
With all of the skins, kustom variations, gear, intros, outros, intro VO lines, Brutalities, character icons and other shit that goes into each character?

Yes, really.

Because if you think that KP1 should be $40 because of the gear and the intros for six characters …

… then the basic game for having 25 characters (with same amount of gear and intros) and a story mode (and a krypt) should cost $250.

They are basically charging you 65% of the base game's value for 15% of the base game's content.

So yeah, it should've been cheaper. I think each character should be worth 5 bucks separately, and 20-25 bucks for the entire pack.

It's not just the characters, though, and you glossed over all of the other details that I also mentioned that go into making these characters (VoiceOver lines, skins, 9+ Brutalities, icons, custom abilities, etc, etc, etc).

The 6 DLC skin packs are $6 each, which comes out at $36 if they're bought separately.
The 6 DLC characters are also $6, which also come out to $36 if they're bought separately.
That's $72 goddamn dollars if you bought things separately, where as the KP is $40 and includes everything and it's constantly being discounted to where it was $24 for the KP around mid-October.
It went on sale for $16 dollars in early February too.

So, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head any saying that "you have to get this right away to enjoy the game."
It's characters and skins that come together in 1 pack, and if you just wait a few months you can get that pack at the $25 sweet-spot price that you mentioned. It's the same shit as being annoyed because a brand new console went for a certain price brand new and then goes down in price later.

Last edited:
It's not just the characters, though, and you glossed over all of the other details that I also mentioned that go into making these characters (VoiceOver lines, skins, 9+ Brutalities, icons, custom abilities, etc, etc, etc).

The 6 DLC skin packs are $6 each, which comes out at $36 if they're bought separately.
The 6 DLC characters are also $6, which also come out to $36 if they're bought separately.
That's $72 goddamn dollars if you bought things separately, where as the KP is $40 and includes everything and it's constantly being discounted to where it was $24 for the KP around mid-October.
It went on sale for $16 dollars in early February too.

So, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head any saying that "you have to get this right away to enjoy the game."
It's characters and skins that come together in 1 pack, and if you just wait a few months you can get that pack at the $25 sweet-spot price that you mentioned. It's the same shit as being annoyed because a brand new console went for a certain price brand new and then goes down in price later.

You're making the mistake of calculating the prices by thinking the price is fair. It isn't. A simple re-texture that modders do for free (or used to be free in older fighting games) is now sold at an outrageous price.

The voice-overs/brutalities/blah blah blah are of the same that has been done to all the characters of the base game. No matter what amount of work has been done in the DLC characters, it's been done four times the amount on the base product, a product that cost you 60 bucks, and THEN had a krypt and a cinematic story mode to boot.

So, even if you told me that each DLC character took X amount of time and money, that amount of time and money is multiplied by 25 in the base game. Anything the DLC fighters have, the base game has.

So in the end, WB is selling me 6 characters for 40 bucks while the base game which has a lot more characters and content costs 60 bucks. That's way too much. I'll pay it, because I'm a fan and I want those stuff day one, but that doesn't mean that I don't acknowledged I'm being robbed blind.

If anything, I would be more willing to accept that the base game cost so much to make that selling it for 60$ is a much lower price than it should have been, and the DLC is a way for them to get the earnings they should have taken in the first place (and that's really a naïve and generous way to see it, if you ask me).

As for the 'it will get cheap in a few months/years' argument, I have no objections (I actually waited for a PSN sale in order to not give AGAIN 100 bucks in order to double-dip), but we're talking about the price the DLC has when released on day-1. Let's not move the goalposts.

Seems like standard pricing for the premium / collector's edition of just about any game these days, though.
I don't see why they are somehow wrong for doing what lots of other devs are doing?

Fyi, the ONLY dev that I thought did DLC right in the pricing aspect was Arkane with the Dishonored series.
My point with NRS is that they've had this same price for the KP stuff for a few games now, and in MKX they had A LOT less details going into each of the DLC characters and they only gave you 4 of them. Why is this an issue now, when in MK11 you're getting more characters and content for $40 than you did with MKX?

Thirdly (again), I'm not moving any goalposts, this is the same shit that NRS has been doing since MK9, for the last 9 damn years.
This shouldn't be news to anybody.
I could see the outrage if this had been the first game that they do this with MK9, but all 4 games prior have sold people a bill of goods with DLC (blind DLC -as in, without knowing all of the 6 characters beforehand), mind you, yet people eat that shit up and shell out the extra $40.
So, yes, if people are stupid enough to shell out an extra $40 for DLC without even knowing what characters / content they are buying or (at the very least) waiting for it to drop in price, then I have no sympathy for them. Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, really.

Because if you think that KP1 should be $40 because of the gear and the intros for six characters …

… then the basic game for having 25 characters (with same amount of gear and intros) and a story mode (and a krypt) should cost $250.

They are basically charging you 65% of the base game's value for 15% of the base game's content.

So yeah, it should've been cheaper. I think each character should be worth 5 bucks separately, and 20-25 bucks for the entire pack.

You're asking for them to be $5, while the characters are already only $6. You really trippin over a buck?

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) would be a perfect DLC now for MK11!

* Costume 1: Primary Outfit of Resident Evil 3 Remake

* Costume 2: Primary Outfit of Resident Evil 1 Remake

* Costume 3: Resident Evil 5 Battle Suit Outfit (There is a color scheme similar to Claire Redfield's outfit with red hair instead of blonde as well as a color a scheme similar to Jill's Resident Evil Revelations primary outfit with brunette hair instead of blonde.)

* Costume 4: Resident Evil 3 (Classic) Primary Outfit (There's a color scheme similar to the outfit of Alice from the first Resident Evil movie.)

* Gear 1: Hat (Default is no hat from the Resident Evil 3 Remake. The styles even vary from the BSAA outfit and her other outfits from the past RE games while they're mixed and matched.)

* Gear 2: Knife (Can be knives she has used in all or most Resident Evil games plus knives used from other Resident Evil characters.)

* Gear 3: Handgun (Basically all of her 9mm handguns she had in all or most Resident Evil games such as the Samurai Edge and STI. Her primary in Resident Evil 3 Remake would be her starting weapon in MK11.)

* Fatality 1 (Unpleasant Surprise): First, Jill aims her grenade launcher from a far at her opponent from a far distance, however, she gets shocked because she sees Nemesis walking right behind the opponent. The opponent gets confused as to why Jill was surprised but then suddenly, a tentacle wraps around the enemy's leg's making, breaking them (with bones popping out of the skin), while making the enemy fall on the floor at the same time. Next, as the victim screams in agony, Nemesis uses the tentacle to drag the victim towards the floor, making victim slide on the floor. Then once the victim is towards Nemesis, the monster stomps on the loser's chest while using the tentacles to completely rip off the legs. Afterwards, Nemesis picks up loser, choking him in the process and uses the tentacle to impale the loser through the abdomen. Lastly, Jill realizes that it's her chance her grenade launcher so she shoots it, making the loser slowly explode into flaming body parts while Nemesis slowly falls off guard while flailing backwards and burning in the process.

* Fatality 2 (You're Finished): First, Jill uses her Grenade Launcher to fire 2 mine rounds under the opponent. Next, the mine rounds explode, making the enemy lose his legs while having the rest of the body fly up the air. Then while the legless victim is up in the air, Jill fires a flame round from the grenade launcher, making the victim's flesh burn with one arm shattered. Afterwards, the burning loser falls on the floor while still partially alive and wiggling. Lastly, Jill walks up to the loser with using one hand to aim with her S&W M629C .44 Magnum Revolver (in the similar style of how she killed the final form of Nemesis in the original Resident Evil 3) and fires one shot to the loser's face, making the head explode slowly. [I chose the revolver magnum over the new Lightning Hawk because I've noticed several fans were missing the revolver from the original Resident Evil 3.]

* Fatal Blow (Knife Kombat): First, Jill starts off by tackling her opponent like how she does in the original Resident Evil 3 to most zombies. Next, Jill uses her knife to shank/stab the enemy several times at the abdomen and chest. Then, she spins around to slice the neck. Afterwards, she tackles the victim again, making them fall to the ground. Lastly, she jumps up and stomps the victim's ribs with her knees before jumping off with a back flip (similar to what she does in Resident Evil 5).

* Special moves should be based on all her Resident Evil 3 Remake weapons (except that the Lightning Hawk is replaced with the S&W revolver, that there is no rocket launcher, and the weapon she uses to kill Nemesis towards the ending of the RE3 remake is not there) with the addition of Nitrogen Rounds of the grenade launcher from the original Resident Evil 3. Special moves should also consist of her other melee attacks from Resident Evil 5 and some of her special moves from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom. Carlos (basically using his assault rifle to shoot the opponent), some zombies, and some monsters from Resident Evil 3 Remake can all help assist Jill as well as her special moves. Nemesis should only be in that one fatality I mentioned above though and not be in any of her other mobes.

* With the assistance of Carlos in her special moves, he also has different skins.
- If Jill is using the primary outfit of Resident Evil 3 Remake, Carlos has his primary outfit of RE3 Remake.
- If Jill is using the Resident Evil 1 Remake primary outfit, Carlos is dressed up like Chris Redfield from Resident Evil 1 with the same hairstyle.
- If Jill is wearing the Resident Evil 5 Battle Suit, Carlos is up exactly like Wesker from Resident Evil 5 with the same hair style.
- If Jill is wearing her classic Resident Evil 3 primary outfit, Carlos is wearing is classic Resident Evil 3 outfit as well.
- The colors of his outfit would be altered too depending on what color scheme Jill's outfit is.

Last edited:
You're asking for them to be $5, while the characters are already only $6. You really trippin over a buck?

Not tripping at all. The Kombat Pack could cost 70$ and I'd still buy it day one. I love MK - it's my favorite IP right up there with Resident Evil. That doesn't mean that I do not acknowledge that my love for the game is being taken advantage of by greedy suits at WB. I'm just saying that people who complain that a 6-character pack costing 40$ when the base game which has four times the content costs 60$ on day one is a legitimate complaint.

Seems like standard pricing for the premium / collector's edition of just about any game these days, though.
I don't see why they are somehow wrong for doing what lots of other devs are doing?

Fyi, the ONLY dev that I thought did DLC right in the pricing aspect was Arkane with the Dishonored series.
My point with NRS is that they've had this same price for the KP stuff for a few games now, and in MKX they had A LOT less details going into each of the DLC characters and they only gave you 4 of them. Why is this an issue now, when in MK11 you're getting more characters and content for $40 than you did with MKX?

Thirdly (again), I'm not moving any goalposts, this is the same shit that NRS has been doing since MK9, for the last 9 damn years.
This shouldn't be news to anybody.
I could see the outrage if this had been the first game that they do this with MK9, but all 4 games prior have sold people a bill of goods with DLC (blind DLC -as in, without knowing all of the 6 characters beforehand), mind you, yet people eat that shit up and shell out the extra $40.
So, yes, if people are stupid enough to shell out an extra $40 for DLC without even knowing what characters / content they are buying or (at the very least) waiting for it to drop in price, then I have no sympathy for them. Sorry, not sorry.

Your original argument was "With all of the skins, kustom variations, gear, intros, outros, intro VO lines, Brutalities, character icons and other shit that goes into each character of the 6-character KP1 is a reasonable price at 40$" and (once I told you that the same care has been given to the 25 characters of the 60$ base game) you turned it into "People can choose to wait for a sale and not buy it day one if it's too pricey for them", which is a totally different argument (one which I agree with, btw), which you used in order to make your original argument more valid. That's moving the goalposts. I'm not playing the judge here, I'm just stating a fact.

MKX's KP prices was robbery then, and it's robbery now. People rightfully complained then, and they're rightfully complaining now. The DLC is too pricey. To be honest, most DLC is too pricey for the content it provides, with a few notable exceptions like the Witcher 3.

For example, let's say that an open world action-RPG costs 60$ and the main campaign takes 25 hours to finish, with the whole game taking 60 hours if you do the side quests and all that. That means that you get one hour of entertainment for every buck you spent. Which is what it is.

Then a DLC gets added where you get an additional 5 hours of content (with main quests and side quests) at the price of 20$. This means that for every four dollars you spent, you get one hour of entertainment.

Now, one can argue that this DLC is pure robbery, because you charge the content at four times the price you charged it in the main game.

Then, a counter-argument can be made that the DLC content is optional, does not take away your enjoyment of the main game and you don't have to buy it.

The last argument however is moot, because the same can be said for the base game as well - no one is forcing you to buy it (at 60$ or less), so you don't have to complain about the price of the base game as well. It's also an irrelevant argument, because we're NOT arguing whether you should buy the base game, or its DLC. We're NOT arguing how content the DLC of game X has when compared to the content the DLC of game Y has. What we ARE arguing is how much the content & entertainment offered by the DLC is charged, compared to the content & entertainment offered by the base game. Which is to say, substantially higher.

So yeah, people have a point when they complain about the price. I'm not one of them, I am willing to fork over 300$ for the game if it meant getting content for six more years, but I *understand* the people who *legitimately* complain about the price.

Last edited:
As of MK11, the young Liu Kang that was brought back by Kronika from MK9 never turns out to be evil, because the younger versions of all the characters come from the story part of MK9 after Ermac blows up Jax's arms and before Kung Lao gets his neck snapped (after fighting the Deadly Alliance, prior to Kintaro).
So, technically BOTH Yoda and Obi Wan can be applied to this timeline.
The real point, though, is that not many people requested Bo Rai Cho in comparison to Tanya, Fujin, Reiko and Havik in MKX.

I'm going to have to disagree here.

Regarding the old characters in MK11; they are from the original timeline from 1992-1997. That Shang Tsung was from 1992. Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, and Raiden were from 1992 and got whisked away to the year 2019!

The Takartan hordes were still around as well.

Regarding the old characters in MK11; they are from the original timeline from 1992-1997. That Shang Tsung was from 1992. Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, and Raiden were from 1992 and got whisked away to the year 2019!

Which is pretty stupid.

They are from different timeline (the og one), YET affect the ones in the NEW Timeline. How does that even work?
The ones taken from OG Timeline had a different future, yet they are connected to New Timeline as if it was their future.

So
A. You're wrong and old characters come from earlier point in New Timeline, which then makes sense as to why harming the younger version, harms the older one.
B. You're right and that means that Shawn Kittelsen is an idiot that doesn't know how to write a time travel story. As Old Timeline and New Timeline characters have no relation between each other, as they exist on two different planes.

Sorry, but that’s simply not true.

The story mode specifically references MK9 when:
1) older Kung Lao tells younger Kung Lao that Raiden was the reason he got his neck snapped.
2) older Liu Kang tells younger Liu Kang that Raiden is the reason he got killed.
3) younger Kung Lao mentions defeating the Quan Chi and Shang Tsung in Shao Kahn’s Koliseum.

Also:
Noob and Jax reference Ermac blowing up Jax’s arms in intros and Bi-Han being killed by Scorpion in MK9.
Kitana mentions Noob Saibot being dead for 2 weeks (since the first Tournament in MK9), whereas Noob Saibot said that it has been decades since he’s been dead (since he survived the Soulnado).

EDIT:
[MENTION=28273]Nickolaidas[/MENTION]
I’ll respectfully agree to disagree with you, then.
I don’t think the prices are “robbery“ nor do I agree with the people complaining about the prices being *legit* complaints, especially given that the DLC characters are $6 to buy individually.
For the work that they had put into it, I think it’s fair.
My whole point is also that NRS is banking on FOMO, hence my comment about not having to get the DLC on day-1, especially when people didn’t know who the other 5 characters where going to be DLC for the KP until 2 months later, not moving any goddamn “goalposts.” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
So Aftermath DLC? New Story chapters is crazy never thought we would get that, plus the leak from 4chan had some additional info about characters, stages and how many chapters

Guy on left of Shang Tsung and Nightwolf is propably Fujin.

If Liu Kang f***ks world up as The Ultimate Order, only the true Cleric of Chaos can stop him... I hope so.

Last edited:

Guy on left of Shang Tsung and Nightwolf is propably Fujin.

If Liu Kang f***ks world up as The Ultimate Order, only the true Cleric of Chaos can stop him... I hope so.

I wish. Unfortunately, a poster known as Raider who verified the 4chan leak of the story mode a few days ago, says that this DLC will only be three characters - Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop.

We'll see.

Still, this is amazing. Cinematic story DLC for a fighting game? This is huge.

So Aftermath DLC? New Story chapters is crazy never thought we would get that, plus the leak from 4chan had some additional info about characters, stages and how many chapters

The 4chan leak also mentioned the additional finisher type (also previously leaked / data mined), and Aftermath itself was discovered back in March.

I'm happy to see that this is 2nd wave of DLC is finally coming true and we'll be getting a reveal of some sort tomorrow. :)

I wish. Unfortunately, a poster known as Raider who verified the 4chan leak of the story mode a few days ago, says that this DLC will only be three characters - Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop.

We'll see.

Still, this is amazing. Cinematic story DLC for a fighting game? This is huge.

I don't care for Robocop, but I'll be happy to see the other 2 in.
As much as I usually don't care for more klassic characters, I feel like the MKX comics and MK11 story mode both did a good job of fleshing out Sheeva beyond just being an enforcer for Shao Kahn, and they've made a Shang Tsung main out of me (Warlock) along with Geras and still Jacqui in MK11.

As for Fujin, I've been waiting years to see an original Fujin with his own Fatalities (and now Brutalities) in an MK game again.

Sigh... so it wasn't enough for them. They decided they need to shit on the lore a bit more? Wow. I will give them props. That's some dedication. Not to mention, I hear now every Liu Kang/Kitana shipper crying blood of tears, as the best ending turns out to be non canon. Enjoy f%ckers. That's NRS for you. You like something? WELL SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Just as I already found peace and invested tremendous resources in my MK fan fiction, these guys come in. Great timing.

Actually not. That's usual timing. MK11 PC version has actually just received patches that fixed graphical issues (just recently). It only took them a whole year to fix. Right before MK11 Story announcement. Just like how they dropped a performance fix for MK9 one year after the launch (right after MKX announcement) and MKX was fixed almost a full year after the release as well. Man, what a group of shitbags.