Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Bo Rai Cho is the Yoda of the MKverse... Yoda trained Luke (the Successful Chosen One if we aren't counting the terrible Disney Era).

Really wish BRC wasn't in MKX. I would have taken some cool Rain dialogue..

Bo Rai Cho is the Yoda of the MKverse... Yoda trained Luke (the Successful Chosen One if we aren't counting the terrible Disney Era).

Really wish BRC wasn't in MKX. I would have taken some cool Rain dialogue..
Except Luke never turned heel. Anakin did. And last time I checked, Liu Kang did as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

View attachment 9970

This was taken from Steam Database. Not yet confirmed whether this is old or new. Cyrax for KP2?

Dunno, but I don't see anything recent that would suggest him in the SteamDB.
I wish we had a way to tell if this was more recent or not.
The only thing I've seen lately (in the last month) is the "Aftermath Kollection," but I don't know if that means a KP2 / Komplete Edition or if that means something after that like a KP3.

Except Luke never turned heel. Anakin did. And last time I checked, Liu Kang did as well.

Pre-MK11, yes.
As of MK11, the young Liu Kang that was brought back by Kronika from MK9 never turns out to be evil, because the younger versions of all the characters come from the story part of MK9 after Ermac blows up Jax's arms and before Kung Lao gets his neck snapped (after fighting the Deadly Alliance, prior to Kintaro).
So, technically BOTH Yoda and Obi Wan can be applied to this timeline.
The real point, though, is that not many people requested Bo Rai Cho in comparison to Tanya, Fujin, Reiko and Havik in MKX.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Mk11 just not that fun? I haven't nearly played this game as much as other Mks or Injustice. But just coming back to it now after a few months i remembered why I put it down in the first place. I dont know exactly what it is, maybe the slower kombat.

Injustice 2 Is my most played fighting game maybe coming off that is the reason. But it was my most played just because how fun it really was. Lots of flashy combos, characters played different from one another. Just not a fan of alot of the decisions gameplay wise that are I'm mk11

The removal of the complex kreate-a-combo system from MK9, MKX, and I2 in favor of static combos that anyone can perform regardless of a skill gap completely ruined the fun factor and excitement to continuously play the game (atleast for me). I disliked I2's story mode, but I still felt desire to play it until MK11 was revealed. With this game after week one I was pretty much done. I played it a few times after between the months (2019 only), but I can't say I care about it as much even with a better diverse cast and better costumes than X.

MK11 is probably my favorite MK out of all of the NRS MK games, so far.
In close second would be MKX, for me.
MK11 made me care about characters that I never really gave a shit about from MKII until MKX (gameplay-wise) like Shang Tsung, Sindel and Nightwolf.
The kustomization options and SP modes have been much more fun for me in MK11 than they ever were in MKX and MK9, with the exception of maybe Tag-Team in MK9.
I also prefer the Brutalities in MK11 much more than the ones in MKX, too.
Yeah, I know that MK11 may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I sure as hell have been enjoying it.
Can't wait for Fujin to finally be playable.

MK11 is probably my favorite MK out of all of the NRS MK games, so far.
In close second would be MKX, for me.
MK11 made me care about characters that I never really gave a shit about from MKII until MKX (gameplay-wise) like Shang Tsung, Sindel and Nightwolf.
The kustomization options and SP modes have been much more fun for me in MK11 than they ever were in MKX and MK9, with the exception of maybe Tag-Team in MK9.
I also prefer the Brutalities in MK11 much more than the ones in MKX, too.
Yeah, I know that MK11 may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I sure as hell have been enjoying it.
Can't wait for Fujin to finally be playable.

MK11 is my favorite MK game as well. I know that many people hate the grind, but for me it works as an incentive to play. In MKX, once I unlocked all the skins, I never played it again. Always wanted to, but I had a huge backlog and I considered MKXL "platinum'd" once I had all the skins.

With MK11, every time I finish a Tower, I get skins and gear, I customize my character and his moveset and I feel like I'm not done. If I get fatigued after days of grinding, I leave the game be, and return once a new character is available, where I play a couple of weeks more.

This pace is perfect for me, though I understand it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Don't give a f about multiplayer, so I don't really care if it's good or bad there. I recognize the complaints nonetheless, and NRS could fix some of the kreate-a-kombo complaints many people have … if they care enough to. We'll see.

After FighterZ getting such an amazing upgrade on its mechanics, I like to think that MK11 could do that too, especially if they're planning on having the game around for 2-3 years more.

Request to Developers - Please put Rain in MK 11 for a 2nd DLC also bring back a remake of some of the old maps seen in video and finishers like Animality and the old original Brutality seen in Mk Trilogy

https://youtu.be/IX0VKdJQm38

For an outside character, put Black Widow in Mk 11as DLC.
https://images.app.goo.gl/j5sNdje3TngWLXeJA

1) Welcome to the boards.

2) Forget about Rain, he isn't getting the DLC treatment in this game.

3) NRS doesn't bother with this cemetery of a message board, the fanbase itself has abandoned it.

and 4) Black Widow? Yeah, not happening.

1) Welcome to the boards.

2) Forget about Rain, he isn't getting the DLC treatment in this game.

3) NRS doesn't bother with this cemetery of a message board, the fanbase itself has abandoned it.

and 4) Black Widow? Yeah, not happening.

Whelp, so much for that. Thanks for the welcoming. Being that Mortal Kombat is one of my favorite fighting games, I would of liked to see how Black Widow would of turned out in Mk 11 but they pretty much have their military fighters in the game like Sonya Blade, Cassy Cage, Jonny Cage, Jax Briggs, and Jacqui Briggs. I only requested because they have all these other outside fighters like Spawn, Joker, The Terminater, Kratos, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, The Predator, and Alien. I only thought these characters were added to the franchise because of what the fans wanted. I just wanted a chance to make a request for a special guest character to be added to the game. I heard they are adding Ash from Evil Dead to the game and to be honest i don't even know who the hell that is. Never even seen the show or movie. My point is, put someone well known in the game. Someone like Wolverine aka Weapon X aka Logan or X-23, people would be interested to see how these kind of characters would turn out in MK, plus these two mentioned are known for brutal fighting and thats also what the MK franchise is known for. Anyway thanks again.

Request to Developers - Please put Rain in MK 11 for a 2nd DLC also bring back a remake of some of the old maps seen in video and finishers like Animality and the old original Brutality seen in Mk Trilogy

https://youtu.be/IX0VKdJQm38

For an outside character, put Black Widow in Mk 11as DLC.
https://images.app.goo.gl/j5sNdje3TngWLXeJA

Welcome :)

From these request we'll likely be getting 2 klassic stages (1 from MKII and another from MK3), according to data mining / leaks.
Aside from that, I wouldn't hope / expect much more from what you've requested.

Welcome :)

From these request we'll likely be getting 2 klassic stages (1 from MKII and another from MK3), according to data mining / leaks.
Aside from that, I wouldn't hope / expect much more from what you've requested.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to it.
Btw, Stryker was also another old character i would of liked to see in Mk 11 too because he was dead alongside Liu Kang and the rest. I figured they would bring him back dead.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to it.
Btw, Stryker was also another old character i would of liked to see in Mk 11 too because he was dead alongside Liu Kang and the rest. I figured they would bring him back dead.

I'm actually surprised that Stryker and human Smoke haven't been in an MK game since MK9.
Sheeva will be DLC before Stryker in MK11, and I find that pretty funny.
I'll still give Sheeva a 2nd chance, though.

The Stryker love I've been seeing has been insane lately. He's always been in almost everyone's top 5 most hated characters, but all of a sudden people want him back.

I'm actually surprised that Stryker and human Smoke haven't been in an MK game since MK9.
Sheeva will be DLC before Stryker in MK11, and I find that pretty funny.
I'll still give Sheeva a 2nd chance, though.

I wouldn't be surprise if they did put Sheeva. Sheeva is ugly as well lol, she is just a female version of Goro. I use to play with her in MK trilogy and i would always jump on the rest of the characters lol. Not really my taste for a female character but she is a part of the MK franchise so i would not be surprised.

The Stryker love I've been seeing has been insane lately. He's always been in almost everyone's top 5 most hated characters, but all of a sudden people want him back.

I honestly never hated Stryker but fighting him during the time MK Trilogy, He's been quite annoying lol. But wouldn't mind to see him throw his last couple grenades in MK 11 before he goes dead again.
https://youtu.be/LDEuIU_lVeU

while watching this vid at 3:16 Here is another mod NRS left out that would make the game more fun. The famous uppercut to transfer from map to another map. Would of liked if they brought this back.

Mk9 Stryker https://youtu.be/C1q-CC1ff18

Last edited:

It's based on the same psychological behavior as when you label something "the forbidden fruit" and then you say that someone can't have it.
What you end up doing is making them want it even more, although they might not have even wanted it to begin with.
Hence, Stryker now in MK11.
Why wasn't there thus sudden wave of people asking for him in MKX?
Probably because MKX had all of the playable roster from MK1, MKII and a few MK3 characters (minus Shang Tsung) and they didn't care or notice as much.
Mileena, Reptile, human Smoke, Rain and Ermac are de-confirmed in-game via Kitana or Shang Tsung for MK11, though, so people jump to the next available characters: Sheeva and Stryker from MK3.

I wouldn't be surprise if they did put Sheeva. Sheeva is ugly as well lol, she is just a female version of Goro. I use to play with her in MK trilogy and i would always jump on the rest of the characters lol. Not really my taste for a female character but she is a part of the MK franchise so i would not be surprised.

Sheeva has a good chance of being in, along with Fujin and Ash Williams.
Those 3 were data mined about a month after the game came out.

Last edited: