Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Midway was going to die regardless. MKvsDc didn't tank the company, they were bleeding out for years and MK was one of it's only sources of consistent profit.
That was my point. Mk vs Dc was a game midway had no money to make yet they did it anyway. The games' profit was nowhere near what midway needed to stay a float. Yes MK vs DC was considered a success sales wise but it didn't matter. It basically winning a small battle but ultimately losing the war. That's why it will never get a sequel (thank god).

That was my point. Mk vs Dc was a game midway had no money to make yet they did it anyway. The games' profit was nowhere near what midway needed to stay a float. Yes MK vs DC was considered a success sales wise but it didn't matter. It basically winning a small battle but ultimately losing the war. That's why it will never get a sequel (thank god).

But that doesn't make it a flop.

I feel like all of the newcomes from MK3 will probably return because this year is the 25th anniversary of MK3. Motaro is the only one that will never come back unless they find a way to make his design work for MK11.

Midway was going to die regardless. MKvsDc didn't tank the company, they were bleeding out for years and MK was one of it's only sources of consistent profit.

It flopped business wise. I didn't say that game itself was bad. Hell, I didn't even play it. I think that MKvsDC is one of those game where people whined about it being bad, but still bought it in droves. Like MK3D Era. "Worst era of MK" = every sequel was beating previous games sales. So either games were good, or people just complain and still buy the game.

MKvsDC was supposed to be the saving game, hence why they went with such big crossover like MK vs DC. Funny enough Boon during that time was very open about MKvSF crossover, but CAPCOM said "Nope" so they went for MKvsDC, which a lot of people would agree was a very strange mix. It was a desperate attempt and Midway shut down.

After WB acquired MK rights, NRS got a green light to make MK9. They got a free reign and once game exploded, that entire SJW shit began.

So while MKvDC might not have been responsible for taking down Midway, it also failed at saving it as that Teen rating kill a lot of interest.

That doesn't mean the game flopped. It was poor management of Midway. They tried to prop themselves up on Mortal Kombat for so long, it was inevitable they were going to die. I remember reading Game Informer articles that said Armageddon was going to be the last Mortal Kombat game. Vs DC just happened to be the one that Midway fell on when it collapsed.

That doesn't mean the game flopped. It was poor management of Midway. They tried to prop themselves up on Mortal Kombat for so long, it was inevitable they were going to die. I remember reading Game Informer articles that said Armageddon was going to be the last Mortal Kombat game. Vs DC just happened to be the one that Midway fell on when it collapsed.

It was still received poorly. Good sales don't mean automatic positive feedback. Especially back when refund system wasn't as good as today. Otherwise Anthem shouldn't be called a flop, cause it had good sales.

Either way. Let's just agree that too many things went wrong, Midway got bankrupt as a result and they decided to play safe and stopped pushing limits.

It just wouldn't make sense to me for them to remove Havik's assist shortly after the game launched if they didn't plan on making him playable in the future.

While I agree with you in that it points to evidence of his possible inclusion, when it comes to MK character DLCs for MK11, NRS went the safe route with other characters that people have been requesting for DLC since MKX: Shang Tsung, Sindel, Nightwolf.
The only characters that people requested for a potential KP3 for MKX that aren't DLC in MK11 as of yet are Fujin (but he's coming down the road) and Rain.
Aside from that, the only unsafe DLC character for NRS in MK11 is Sheeva.

Nrs and WB bank on this very notion. A huge number of fans opened their wallets and said ''here you go, I'll gladly fork over extra dough to play my main again!" My prediction is MK12 will just be scorpion and a bunch of guest characters. The actual MK roster will be dlc. I know people will call me crazy but it wouldn't be out of character of NRS to do something like that.

I've been thinking this same thing for a while now.
With all of the people complaining that "I want my main," I woluldn't be surprised if they made 1 of the next MK games as a blank slate and people choose their characters, with the ones that they didn't pick being DLC.

It wouldn't really be that bad of a concept, imo, if you think about it.
Pick the 24~25 that you want from MK9 thru MK11 as your main roster and the rest can be DLC for you.
It's the only way to really please the majority of the people an not have the constant b!***ing and complaining that "but ___________ is missing from the roster, this game sucks" going around.

CONSUMABLE: ROBO-SEK MEMORY UNIT
DESCRIPTION: SUMMON SEKTOR TO AID YOU DURING THE FIGHT! (3 SLOTS)

Hmmm ...

Cyrax and Sektor have both had that 3-slot konsumable ever since the games release, but I don't think it means anything.
It seems like those 2 are the MKX Sindel, Baraka and Rain NPCs of MK11 and nothing more.

ROBO-SEK

ROBO

"ROB"

Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but still ...

I dunno.
While I'm still not 100% convinced that it's Robocop and that NRS could be pulling a "TER" / Geras on us, it also (imo) just seems like they wouldn't have 1 of the cyborgs in without the other.

The last game in which Cyrax was playable but Sektor wasn't was.... Deadly Alliance.
Even then, it's bad enough with the annoying vocal minority of Mileena stans, so I can't imagine them putting Mustard in and not Ketchup, or vice versa, and then people being like "F-you NRS for not putting in _(insert other cyber ninja here)_."

That's part of the reason why I could see Havik, Reiko or 1 of the male ninjas taking up that 3rd MK character spot for KP2, instead, because Havik doesn't rely on being Hotaru's opposite in this new timeline and Reiko or the remaining male ninjas also don't rely on another character being in.

I dunno.
While I'm still not 100% convinced that it's Robocop and that NRS could be pulling a "TER" / Geras on us, it also (imo) just seems like they wouldn't have 1 of the cyborgs in without the other.

The last game in which Cyrax was playable but Sektor wasn't was.... Deadly Alliance.
Even then, it's bad enough with the annoying vocal minority of Mileena stans, so I can't imagine them putting Mustard in and not Ketchup, or vice versa, and then people being like "F-you NRS for not putting in _(insert other cyber ninja here)_."

That's part of the reason why I could see Havik, Reiko or 1 of the male ninjas taking up that 3rd MK character spot for KP2, instead, because Havik doesn't rely on being Hotaru's opposite in this new timeline and Reiko or the remaining male ninjas also don't rely on another character being in.

I don't agree with that. Kitana and Mileena are also polar opposites yet you don't see Mileena in this game. I can definitely see Sektor in the game, but not Cyrax. There's no need for both cyborgs to always go hand in hand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...gk/mortal_kombat_11_aftermath_june_12th_2020/

This made me laugh quite a bit. (Courtesy of Xenon)

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath - June 12'th 2020
Rumour
Got this info from an associate of mine on Twitter that knows a lot of the folks at WB Games and NRS. But since he would like to stay anonymous as to not lose any trust with these people, I'm going to just classify this as a rumor.

Deluxe edition of the game coming June 12'th. Should get announced relatively soon, within' the next several weeks. It's not a complete and finished Game of the Year as there is a final batch of DLC planned for 2021. Think of this as MK11's 'season two.' Aftermath will also be available as a purchased upgrade if you already own the game. You will gain access to the Kombat Pack 2 fighters as they are sporadically released throughout the rest of the year. You do, however, gain instant access to three new arenas and the new Friendship finishers. The three arenas are Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and Retro-cade

The characters that will be releasing with Aftermath are Fujin, Sheeva, Ash Williams (voice and likeness by Bruce Campbell), Havik, Robocop (voice by Peter Weller) and Daegon.

The characters that will be releasing in the final pack in 2021 are Quan Chi, Deathstroke, Ashrah, Kai and John Wick (voice and likeness by Keanu Reeves). This pack will also come with three new story mode chapters that let you play as, and against, some of the DLC characters in the confines of the MK11 plot which are all being worked on as we speak.

I don't agree with that. Kitana and Mileena are also polar opposites yet you don't see Mileena in this game. I can definitely see Sektor in the game, but not Cyrax. There's no need for both cyborgs to always go hand in hand.

Except that there 2 dudes that specifically talk about MK tech and go by the name Ketchup and Mustard and those 2 cyborgs in this new MK9 thru MK11 Trilogy have always been in the same game together.
MK9, both in because obviously it’s Trilogy 2.0.
MKX, both in vía Triborg when NRS could have just done Sektor, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero OR Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero, but no. NRS always tends to ship those 2 together.
Mileena was given the MKX Jade treatment for MK11, hence why she’s not in. They always tend to ship those 3 female characters together too, but it seems like Skarlet took Mileena’s spot for MK11.

I mean, the “Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection” IS an actual Kollection listed on the MK11 steamDB page, though.
If you go to the steamDB page and search under the history tab, it’s there.

The question is whether or not this “anonymous source” has any real credibility to it.

Aside from the final pack for 2021, the rest of the stuff had been data mined for a long time now.
Fujin, Sheeva, Ash, Dead Pool, Soul Chamber, Friendships..... all of that has been known for MONTHS now, so it’s not hard to add a few wishlist characters to the already leaked stuff and claim it as a “source.”
For all we know this could be a real source, but yeah, I’m also taking this with a grain of salt.

EDIT:

Seems like the Retro-Cade thing could be true.

Grain of salt, as always, but....

Last edited:
Except that there 2 dudes that specifically talk about MK tech and go by the name Ketchup and Mustard and those 2 cyborgs in this new MK9 thru MK11 Trilogy have always been in the same game together.
MK9, both in because obviously it’s Trilogy 2.0.
MKX, both in vía Triborg when NRS could have just done Sektor, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero OR Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero, but no. NRS always tends to ship those 2 together.
Mileena was given the MKX Jade treatment for MK11, hence why she’s not in. They always tend to ship those 3 female characters together too, but it seems like Skarlet took Mileena’s spot for MK11.

I mean, the “Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection” IS an actual Kollection listed on the MK11 steamDB page, though.
If you go to the steamDB page and search under the history tab, it’s there.

The question is whether or not this “anonymous source” has any real credibility to it.

Aside from the final pack for 2021, the rest of the stuff had been data mined for a long time now.
Fujin, Sheeva, Ash, Dead Pool, Soul Chamber, Friendships..... all of that has been known for MONTHS now, so it’s not hard to add a few wishlist characters to the already leaked stuff and claim it as a “source.”
For all we know this could be a real source, but yeah, I’m also taking this with a grain of salt.

EDIT:

Seems like the Retro-Cade thing could be true.

Grain of salt, as always, but....

Oh, I am not laughing, cause I don't believe it. I laugh on how stupid this looks like.

I mean. Yeah. John Wick in MK is pretty unbelievable, but again. I never expected to see Terminator or Ash Williams as well. So I wouldn't be surprised if they added him as well. At this point, it is all just a joke.

Last edited:
Oh, I am not laughing cause I don't believe it. I laugh on how stupid this looks like.

I mean. Yeah. John Wick in MK is pretty unbelievable, but again. I never expected to see Terminator or Ash Williams as well. So I wouldn't be surprised if they added him as well. At this point, it is all just a joke.

I mean, aside from Fujin I’d be hyped as hell for Havik, Daegon, Ashrah and Kai to be in as DLC, as I’ve always felt like this game could use some more 3D era characters.
The thing is that I don’t know how much of those I believe to be coming in, as Fujin seems like the only one from that era that people have really asked for as DLC.
Again, as much as I’d LOVE to see Havik, Ashrah and Daegon as DLC, is anyone else aside from me hoping to see them in or willing to buy them as DLC?

Wait, Retro-Cade as a stage?! WB and NRS would be facing a trademark infringement lawsuit from Retro-Bit if that's true.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Daegon, Kai, and Ashrah make no sense for DLC because they are not very popular. Post-MK3 characters that are popular or have loud vocal fans only tend to get added from what I've seen over the years.

It was still received poorly. Good sales don't mean automatic positive feedback. Especially back when refund system wasn't as good as today. Otherwise Anthem shouldn't be called a flop, cause it had good sales.

Either way. Let's just agree that too many things went wrong, Midway got bankrupt as a result and they decided to play safe and stopped pushing limits.

Just to add to this topic, Midway got bankrupt because they were hemorrhaging shitty games. MK vs DC was just the final nail in the coffin. Before that, they had Armaggeddon which was their death sentence. Don't you remember EddyB coming out on video and saying something like "We'll keep making games as long as you buy them"? That was during MKA iirc. They were heading for the abyss in any case.

Not only were they financially bankrupt, they also had nothing going for them in their products.

By the way, did anyone hear something about Tobias working on a MK-related project?

Just to add to this topic, Midway got bankrupt because they were hemorrhaging shitty games. MK vs DC was just the final nail in the coffin. Before that, they had Armaggeddon which was their death sentence. Don't you remember EddyB coming out on video and saying something like "We'll keep making games as long as you buy them"? That was during MKA iirc. They were heading for the abyss in any case.

Not only were they financially bankrupt, they also had nothing going for them in their products.

By the way, did anyone hear something about Tobias working on a MK-related project?

Hmm. I actually keep hearing rumors about that. Just not sure if he is "advising" on MK related project or straight up develops it.

I hope it's true, so that Kittelsen can get fired.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk