Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Holy, shit - really taking off! 28K viewers!

That really ain't much. 32k viewers is what one streamer can pull. I think Summit draws 30k players just by playing GTA5. They gotta go bigger.

EDIT: Also I think the number has to do with people wanting to see Spawn. I see a lot of people asking for when tourney will end.

As much as MK11 is one of the Top 5 selling games of 2019, yeah, their PR has been horrendous with dropping out of Evo and now cancelling the live audience for Final Kombat.
Yeah, I understand about the disease, but this string of cancellations for tournaments doesn’t bode well for a game that’s supposed to get “longer support” than any previous NRS game.
This is why I think that they NEED to announce / tease if they’re doing additional DLC characters / content for MK11 at Final Kombat today.
They need to assure people that they will at least support it past Spawn with updates / patches for the meta and that those who are hoping for a KP2 after Spawn will also be getting that.

90% there won't be any announcement. But I am open to be proven wrong.

33K - but almost midnight for me. Off to bed.

Will try to hold myself and not see the announcements the next day. I'll watch the rest of the tournament from twitch replay once I get back from work.

Man, I love this game ...

90% there won't be any announcement. But I am open to be proven wrong.

There wasn’t a KP2 announcement tonight, but BOTH Boon and the Tournament announcer said that there were still big surprises left for MK11 in store (after both the Spawn trailer AND the Scorpion’s Revenge trailers were shown).
Tournament announcer even said that he wasn’t allowed to talk about it but to stay tuned to their social media accounts.

Well, gotta say. Spawn so far looks like the most interesting character in the game. They got his vibe pretty accurately. X-Ray is definitely spot on. Same for the fatality. Simple, but flashy.

Thank god that leak was fake. I hate WWE

Let's not count the chickens, yet. There could have been a marketing change. While I am also now skeptical about the leak, there is still a launch trailer. Cause to be honest I didn't expect them to announce KP2, while announcing Spawn. Doesn't really make much sense, when you are announcing the last char in KP1. Now when you launch the character, that is different.

"Here is Spawn! But wait! There will be more!"

So judgement is still on standby in my court.

Thank god that leak was fake. I hate WWE

I was mildly hoping the MK11 part of that “leak” was true.
I’d be fine with 3 more MK characters and 2 more stages.
Hell, if Ash Williams was the only guest in KP2, then I’d go against my personal cardinal rule of not buying guests and buy KP2.

I'm predicting that we will get a KP2 announcement in April during the 1-year anniversary of the game, and they will have the first character out in May.

I'm predicting that we will get a KP2 announcement in April during the 1-year anniversary of the game, and they will have the first character out in May.

Seems like a long time (a month and a half) just to wait in radio silence just for a fuggin’ announcement for KP2.
With MK11 getting bad PR like dropping out of Evo and dropping the live audience for Final Kombat, NRS needs to save face.
They need to at least tease / hint at more stuff coming before March is done if they want to keep the casuals interested.

As much as I love MK11, NRS has been absolute horseshit when it comes to their communication with the fans, and having them wait another 6 weeks after Final Kombat doesn’t bode well for a dev that’s been shitty telling people stuff.
This is EXACTLY why I said that NRS needed to announce something at Final Kombat, because radio silence with the fans until then means that people are going to think that there won’t be more DLC characters for MK11 after Spawn, and casual fans (which are the majority) will lose interest.
I have never seen a more finicky bunch of MK fans than the ones I see on social media these days and in the MK reddit.

I’ll gladly wait another month and a half for another announcement, but with NRS / Ed having shitty communication with the fans it’s starting to fell like maybe 7 other people and myself are gonna buy Fujin, at this point.

The game is fun and I know plenty of friends IRL that love it (about 12 currently) but their lack of communication will kill the game.

Last edited:
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if NRS announced that they were doing another KP2 / XL Edition for MK11 like they did with MKX, and having all of the characters come out at once.
I don't think they'll stretch out KP2 DLC over months like they did with KP1, and I could see all of that coming out at once, about 7 to 8 months after Spawn.
Could be wrong on that, but NRS pattern for DCL seems to be KP1 over months, then followed by a KP2 that is also met with a GOTY / komplete edition that includes both KPs, the year after the initial release.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if NRS announced that they were doing another KP2 / XL Edition for MK11 like they did with MKX, and having all of the characters come out at once.
I don't think they'll stretch out KP2 DLC over months like they did with KP1, and I could see all of that coming out at once, about 7 to 8 months after Spawn.
Could be wrong on that, but NRS pattern for DCL seems to be KP1 over months, then followed by a KP2 that is also met with a GOTY / komplete edition that includes both KPs, the year after the initial release.

Hmmm … at first I hated the idea of a character every two months. But truth is, everytime a new character would come, I would go back to the game for at least 10 days. So, I think there is some reason in drop-dripping them to us instead of giving them altogether.

Honestly, if we end up getting Havik, Sektor and Cyrax, this game will be perfect for me.

I don't mind the two-month wait for each character. It gives them more time to work on the game and keeps thing fresh to avoid total burn out.

Hmmm … at first I hated the idea of a character every two months. But truth is, everytime a new character would come, I would go back to the game for at least 10 days. So, I think there is some reason in drop-dripping them to us instead of giving them altogether.

It's because they were severely over-worked that it's now 2 months per MK11 DLC character instead of 1 character every month like in MKX.
MK9, Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 have all usually had about 8~9 DLC characters, with the last characters being part of a final "pack" and a Komplete / Ultimate / XL / Legendary Edition (respectively) coming out at the same time, which is why I think that with MK11 it'll be another pack of 3~6 characters with a simultaneous announcement of an all-in-one (game + all DLC) final Edition of the game.

It gives them more time to work on the game and keeps thing fresh to avoid total burn out.

They also can work on 3 to 6 characters over the course of 7 to 8 months like with MKX and just release them all at once without having total burn-out, though.
I still don't see why the couldn't also just have the KP2 / XL Edition later down the year, near September / October if they wanted to?
Yeah, I'd love to play as Fujin much sooner, but previous games have also shown that a KP2 / XL Edition simultaneous release is also very likely.

I haven't touched mk11 in forever but after dealing with the ocean of wifi connections in injustice 2. I was wondering if there was a way to ban all wifi connections in mk11?

I haven't touched mk11 in forever but after dealing with the ocean of wifi connections in injustice 2. I was wondering if there was a way to ban all wifi connections in mk11?

That'll never happen. Too many players use Wifi, they'd kill off a huge number of players

Here's another Kombat Pack 2 idea...

KRONIKA
Fujin
Sareena
Havik
Christie (Dead Or Alive) [Working for Kronika.]
Ash Williams

Christie has so much potential when it comes to blood and gore. Plus, she's a ruthless b!tch who deserves to be severed. (Though I love playing as her.)