Last edited by Xenon; 01-09-2020 at 07:47 AM.
The most infuriating thing about the whole Goro / Gorbak story too is that when a certain Shokan eventually comes to MK11 down the line via KP2, the intro lines between her and Jade & Kotal appear to point to events with Goro taking place after the MKX comics.
So, once again, NRS doesn't know what the f|_|ck it wants to do in regards to its MK lore, and is further proof that they don't know what they're considering canon and not canon.
I hate to agree with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION], but at least the MKX story made more sense and there weren't as many retcons when it was just Vogel sans Kittelsen. Shame, too, because IMO the comics were pretty well written and gave some great story development to characters that may not have otherwise had good story development (Reiko, Havik, Daegon, Goro, King Gorbak).
Last edited by Commander; 01-09-2020 at 10:35 AM.
I think the comics are pretty trash. IIRC they also contradicted some events in MKX, the game that it was supposed to be based on...
Kittelsen made it clear what's canon or not. MK11 - canon. Everything else - headcanon.
No wonder they wrote themselves in the corner. They want games to last long time, but don't realize that lore is as important as any game content. If you build the world, add secrets to it that require decoding, then you will have people talking about your game for years. But naaah. Let's just drop some new end game level threat and that's it. Websites like TRMK feel like ghost towns, not because people "moved on" or got tired. There is just nothing to talk about. Especially with MK11. Nothing matters there as it got reset.
I have an idea for Kombat Pack 2...
1. Fujin: Uses his pole axe that retracts on his waist (like how Jade puts away her Bo staff) or he can have it appear out of thin air (like what Raiden does with his staff), optional headgear (with optional hairstyle), and his crossbow (on his back).
2. Sareena (She needs to be PLAYABLE MK fighting games more.): Uses kamas (on her waist), her Dragon Fang sword (on her back), and optional headgear (with optional hairstyle). The sword can be altered to Li Mei's Kunlun Dao, Ashrah's Kriss, Dairous Autumn Dao, Jataaka's Sword, and etc. Her projectile can either be her throwing knives, Kama throw attacks, sword beam (idea from Jataaka's sword), skull fireball (from Quan Chi), and/or even Kia's boomerang toss.
3. Takeda: Uses his lashers/whips (on his arms/gauntlets) and Kenshi's katana (on his back), and optional headgear (with optional hairstyle). The sword can be changed to the Light Saber-looking sword he had in MKXL. He can control his sword using telekinesis like Kenshi. He should have gears that will make him look like a cyborg so the cyborg fans can rejoice.
[This is how KP2 will most likely be when it comes to guests though I really hope for no more guests. I just hope Sareena will be in the next KP2. I'll also go ahead and add Fujin in because he's been long over due to be playable again. I also chose Sareena (and Takeda) because they are the few characters I know who were in the endings of some of the MK11 fighters. Sindel was in an ending of one of the MK11 fighters too and became DLC. Can we please have Sareena instead of Sheeva for KP2? Sareena needs more recoginition. I wanted to say Li Mei but I think Sareena needs the spotlight first.]
I'd love Tanya and Mileena to return but I don't think NRS will repeat DLC from previous MK games anytime soon and Mileena has been de-confirmed already.
Last edited by Nasty_Freak; 01-10-2020 at 01:38 AM.
You'll believe God is a woman.
The comics fleshed out some of these characters in ways the games never even attempted to. In the games, ever single solitary villain is cartoonishly evil. Just pure 100% evil, they betray anyone and everyone, they're all selfish. Kotal Kahn's crew was the first time we saw an "antagonist" who was more than just a piece of shit who wanted power. Kotal's backstory is arguably best of any MK character. He's a brutal dude, but he went against Shao Kahn to save Reptile's life, he rescued Torr from a Tarkatan Meat Wagon. Dude just wants order in his realm. D'vorah actually seemed like she cared about him too, which was unheard of for a henchman. Then the game comes out and wamp wamp, Kotal Kahn is a power hungry douchebag, wamp wamp D'Vorah actually betrays Kotal because she's a Brotherhood of Shadow member for literally no reason at all.
Comics even as a standalone still had plenty of problems. There was a lot of bad art, and the entire Blood Magic shtick was crazy. I don't remember all the details but the part where Takeda's rival basically turned himself into Meat was just too much. Characters became crazy powerful and it had that resemblence to Injustce's "Rage". Basically the entire thing revolved around it. Wasn't great.
...MK11 then just comes in and says "this Blood Magic? All you need to do is be a starving oprhan in Outworld and be on Shao Kahn's good side. That's it."....Same guy who drew the comics....
But if we do take away MKX out completely, then yeah the comics do become a bit better. And yes the way Kotal has been treated was great. Hell he was my favorite ever since MKX was announced. I thought when he defended the palace from Shokans and bunch of Ogres was amazing. Already proven to be powerful, but still had doubts on how to defend and asked his (headless) father what to do, and returned the favor. Bloody brilliant.
....Then comes in MK11 and he's easily my most hated MK character. I couldn't wait for Shao Kahn to maul his f‹cking face off, but Shao Kahn was also turned into a huge b!tch so it's like double disappointment. Then put Jade as a cherry on top, hoo boy... Triple Whopper.
This only concretes how utterly worthless the comics are, the Original Trilogy and all of it. All that previous character development, the lore, 25 years of things we grew up with? Down the drain.
So unfortunately, Kittelsen's word is final. MK11 - canon. Everything else - headcanon.
Last edited by Xenon; 01-10-2020 at 03:18 AM.
Kittlesten isn't the main writer is he? I thought he was just brought on to help NRS' current lead writer.
Because this whole mess of "Forget the last game" has been going on since NRS was created.
MK9's ending? We all thought we were getting Shinnok's invasion. Nah, we see the final hours of his invasion and a 25 year time leap.
MKX ending? Obviously Raiden has gone rogue and Liu Kang rules Netherrealm with Kitana. Nope, Dark Raiden dies withing 20 minutes and Liu Kang is a henchman.
I think I've seen you say that you don't play Injustice, but it's the exact same thing. Injustice 1 is Batman vs Superman. Injustice 2 is Batman vs Superman. They reconcile, but then both endings end with them fighting again. So Injustice 3 has nowhere else to go, but Batman vs Superman.
NRS' writers are as incompetent as they come. They write themselves into corners within a single entry. Kittlesten showed some promise when it came to his comic work, but I have the feeling it was a battle of seniority when he came to NRS.
I don't recall the entire situation with MK11 and Kittelsen, but I do know that he has a lot to do with it. He's the one running around on Twitter unloading trash regarding the story. His latest stunt "dealing" with criticism was using his sick son as a meat shield. Like come on...Talk about not taking it personally, but professionally.
While I DO agree with you that I'd also love to see Sareena via DLC, her chances of being in seem slim-to-none with 1 roster spot left for KP2.
Reiko or Havik seem more likely for that last spot (especially the latter), imo, since Havik had a 3-slot konsumable that was removed from the game a while ago, not too different from how Starfire's assist was removed from Injustice 2.
I really wouldn't be THAT surprised if KP2 ended up being Sheeva, Fujin, Ash Williams, Havik, GUEST, GUEST.
You'll believe God is a woman.
As much as I dislike some of the retcons and have general issues with how they screwed up the lorein MK11, as far as the DLC characters gameplay goes, they've done an excellent job, imo.
I still can't get over Sindel willingly being evil even when she was alive (before she died and revived back to life).
Here are ideas to revamp some characters who can return later on in MK as DLC in a future Kombat Pack...
* Fujin: Has his MK4 crossbow and MKX Axe.
* Sareena: If Sareena, she'd have her kamas from MK:M and Sword from MKM while projectiles can alternate with her kamas, throwing daggers, and flaming skulls that she can learn from Quan Chi. If Li Mei, she can have her Kunlun Dao.
* Takeda: He'd have Kenshi's Sword and his lashers.
* Li Mei: She can have her Kunlun Dao, customizable footwear, and customizable head gear/hairstyle. Projectiles consist of her Nova Blast. Her other moves from her previous games would return and would get modified.
* KRONIKA: She should have a customizable head gear/hairstyle!!! She NEEDS HAIR! She should also have a customizable footwear and gauntlets (gears she'd use on her arms and legs), and that magic ball that she uses in her attacks should also be customizable.
* Nitara: She should have her kamas return or should have a new weapon (that dagger she has on her waist while wearing her MKDA primary outfit or a single sickle would do). Her wings should also be customizable and she be used to attack and fly. She should also be able to summon bats like she does in her konsumable of MK11. She should have a bite attack that can drain the opponent's life while heal her own.
* Ashrah: Her appearance should be more similar to Chizuru Kagura's (King of Fighters). Her baggy pants in MKD were disgusting. There should be customizable head gear/hairstyle, her Kriss, and customizable boots.
* Khameleon: She should have the moves of Reptile with her own unique weapon and/or weapons of other characters who will not make it in the game (and who's weapons have not been used by other characters in the game yet).
* Sheeva: Besides using weapons of other characters, she should also have Goro's and Kintaro's moves along with her own.
* Kai: He can return with his Ghurka Knife and his Spiked Club.
* Kira: She can return with her knives and a fire arm (either a flame thrower, machine gun, handgun, or any thing that's be used as a projectile besides Sonya's rings.)
You'll believe God is a woman.
Sareena's supposed to demon, so I think they can also give her demon form for a possible variation.
I could see Fujin's cross-bow being his weapon, as that's the one he's most known for with MK4, and I could easily see it being 1 of his gear pieces for kustomization.
As for Sheeva, I could see her using the Shokan Daggers, since they are used by her in MKA.
Despite Cetrion also essentially having Rain's water bubble move, people were heated and lost their shit when they found out about Shang Tsung's 4 ninja moves.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)