Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Same.
Last WWE game I enjoyed was around that time, either SvR '07 or '08.

As for the Inj2 story mode, I didn't care for it as much as the first game.

In general, though, MK11 has shown that NRS' whole story writing process is a mess.
NRS borrows the grandfather paradox in MK11, but then has plot-holes regarding stuff like Goro being dead.
Their explanation for Goro being dead in MK11 is that he died when "the whole island died, along with Shang Tsung."
The problem is that all of the younger versions of the klassic / Trilogy characters specifically come from the moment in time right after Ermac blows up Jax's arms and right befor Kung Lao has his neck snapped by Shao Kahn for showing off (MKII part of the MK9 story, Chapter 11).
The problem is that Shao Kahn doesn't kill of Shang Tsung until Chapter 13 of the MK9 story (Kabal chapter), so there's a hole there since Shao Kahn couldn't have killed off Shang Tsung, since there were pulled into Kotal's Koliseum after Kung Lao defeated the Deadly Alliance.
Not to mention, if Goro was dead as of MK9, then none of the shit in the comics (which NRS is claiming as being canon) ever really happened, because Goro would have been dead for 25+ years (time span of MK9 to MK11).
Further, the data mined intro lines for 1 of the future DLC characters points out the method in which Goro supposedly "really" died, so either the story mode is full of shit or the DLC intro lines are full of shit, but 1 way or another something got retconned yet again.
Nah, sorry, but NRS is inconsistent with the story all throughout and not JUST when it comes to endings.

I used to think "Well maybe Kittelsen can help make a better story mode for MK11," but I was wrong and I'm actually getting to the point where I'm agreeing with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] in that maybe the only one who can save the lore at this point is Tobias himself, because Vogel sure as hell can't.

There is also a problem with mass producing the game. I do remember Tarkatan Trash demanding that MK games should be released like COD. "Time is money" and look where did that led to.

What's even funnier, is that they failed at rebooting. They had all the lore done. All they needed to do was just sit down, put down all of the events that happened between MK1 and MKA in a tidy line, fill in the gaps and add depth to the world. But instead they somehow messed up so bad, that at this point I dare anyone to say shit about MK 3D Era. Cause I can immediately point to MKX/MK11. 3D Era was innovation and actually experimenting.

MKX/MK11 on other hand? A lot of kissing their own asses, political pandering and "writers" who have no idea what MK is about.

I'm honestly just ready for a new game already. But, then again, I get less and less excited about the next release coming out. I know everyone has their own visions and opinions of the game. I've been a fan and playing since the beginning. Since trying to fight that mysterious green ninja who lived in a pit. I learned every characters special moves and Fatalities and soon I was pretty formidable. So, I know where Mortal Kombat got it's popularity from and how it became so big. So much of that has been forgotten or perhaps ignored. So much that made the game so addictive. Now the rage is, "Man, I hope I can unlock a pink scarf for Sub Zero!" or "Oooo, I hope they make Bill Nye a guest kharacter in KP2." Why? How did this happen? And seriously, WHY? Who needs Joker? He's got his own game. Real talk, he wouldn't stand a chance against anyone from the MK Universe, period. Where are all the stage fatalities? Where are all of the Animalites? Why can't I fight someone previously impossible by not using a kick button for 2 rounds and pushing down and START when Dan Forden pops out and says,"TOASTY!!!"? Where is Stryker? Where is Smoke and Jarek and Movado? Why Terminator? I miss what Mortal Kombat used to be. I really do.

They're probably going to bring back Deadpool's stage fatality, otherwise what's the point of it? But I agree, MK lost its soul. All those cryptic secrets are gone. Ed Boon's massive "secret" of "unlock Frost by beating chapter X!" was such a fail. Only the Krypt seems to get that MK atmosphere back, but they also had to ruin it with so many bad design choices.

3D Era was innovation and actually experimenting.

MKX/MK11 on other hand? A lot of kissing their own asses, political pandering and "writers" who have no idea what MK is about.

As far as lore goes, I agree with you 100% (with exception to the King Gorbak / Goro plot from the comics and Scorpion training Takeda and taking him under his wing, as I think that those 2 story-lines were particularly well done).
I DO like the character development for those 4 characters, but it shocks me that Kittelsen went from writing some decent stories in the comics to what we ended up with in MK11. It felt like night and day, imo.

As far as character gameplay, I disagree.
While I definitely think that they need to improve / fix the lore, I enjoyed more of the MKX / MK11 new characters than I did from the post-3D era, and this coming from someone who would like to see some more of the 3D era characters come back in future installments.
Out of the 30+ characters in the 3D era, I probably cared for maybe 7 or 8 characters, whereas out of the 11 new characters between the MKX and MK11 games, I have enjoyed 9 of them.

First time I hear about QA working on one project. Maybe you're confusing them with indie studios?

QA sits pretty much in the same area as game devs. I don't know why people still keep believing the stories about game rooms that are separated from devs and QA just sit there eating potato chips and play the game, but there is none of that shit. QA literally sits next to the dev and plays it on a nearby PC, while both or one of them takes notes. QA guys walk around in the same area as devs. All art and designs are often hanged on walls. So it is easy to see everything.

If you want to hear news you don't have to be friends with anyone. Chit chat is happening. Hell during my student group visit of Crytek in Frankfurt, I could hear devs talking about Ryse (yeah it was that long ago) mechanics. We were right in the next room, but they were just talking out loud (we have signed NDA, before entering) and nobody cared. Nobody turned off the screens for us, nobody fell silent. Hell I could solo to a toilet, while passing all devs and all the art they had on the walls. I could have spoiled half of the game from what I saw, by just walking to a damn toilet.

In short. Game studios aren't some Fort Knox fortresses where you have to have specific keycards to access certain levels. People talk there. Rumours or plans are shared between devs. That's literally a normal thing. The only thing that is keeping those secrets spilling out into the streets is NDA and entrance door.

Not to mention if OG devs are leaking the game info, then I just imagine how crap their security is on these matters. So yeah. couple of months is more than enough to gather all the juicy details.

The only question. Is it legit? We will find out. Spawn trailer is coming soon after all. That will be the first sign.

Where I'm at, we are completely separated from the developers and it's not an indie studio. And we only work on one game so I know nothing of the other games they are currently working on. But after this week I will concede to the point that they talk a lot when it comes to the NDAs, including hire ups. And what I was told of what I'm not gonna talk about was stuff that others in the studio know nothing about. So some of what he's saying probably is 100% true.

Where I'm at, we are completely separated from the developers and it's not an indie studio. And we only work on one game so I know nothing of the other games they are currently working on. But after this week I will concede to the point that they talk a lot when it comes to the NDAs, including hire ups. And what I was told of what I'm not gonna talk about was stuff that others in the studio know nothing about. So some of what he's saying probably is 100% true.

So to keep it simply. Some studios take security more seriously, than others. I can accept that. NRS is definitely on the loose side, though. Especially if they have their actual employees and not contractors leaking the content.

The biggest disadvantage at having lots of devs in your company, is that it is harder to control the info.

As far as lore goes, I agree with you 100% (with exception to the King Gorbak / Goro plot from the comics and Scorpion training Takeda and taking him under his wing, as I think that those 2 story-lines were particularly well done).
I DO like the character development for those 4 characters, but it shocks me that Kittelsen went from writing some decent stories in the comics to what we ended up with in MK11. It felt like night and day, imo.

As far as character gameplay, I disagree.
While I definitely think that they need to improve / fix the lore, I enjoyed more of the MKX / MK11 new characters than I did from the post-3D era, and this coming from someone who would like to see some more of the 3D era characters come back in future installments.
Out of the 30+ characters in the 3D era, I probably cared for maybe 7 or 8 characters, whereas out of the 11 new characters between the MKX and MK11 games, I have enjoyed 9 of them.

3D Era was a technological challenge for them. Not to mention they had to compete with game like "Dead or Alive" or "Tekken". So it was quantity over quality. Sacrifices had to be made. While they had the best story telling, unlike Street Fighter (to this day I have no idea what is the overall lore of that game, and I played that game since SF2) or Tekken ("dropping your kid off the cliff" simulator), they made a lot of quick, cheap fighters, just to populate the character selection screen.

Which became especially obvious in Armageddon.

But having said that. If I were to compare 3D Era and Reboot Era... yeah. No way, you can prove it to me, that they "Innovated" anything in this last trilogy. How can you innovate, if you pretty much go back by a whole dimension and your only selling point is "BLOOD! FOR THE BLOOD GOD!".

There is also a problem with mass producing the game. I do remember Tarkatan Trash demanding that MK games should be released like COD. "Time is money" and look where did that led to.

What's even funnier, is that they failed at rebooting. They had all the lore done. All they needed to do was just sit down, put down all of the events that happened between MK1 and MKA in a tidy line, fill in the gaps and add depth to the world. But instead they somehow messed up so bad, that at this point I dare anyone to say shit about MK 3D Era. Cause I can immediately point to MKX/MK11. 3D Era was innovation and actually experimenting.

I agree for the most part. What Tarkatan Trash was talking about was that we shouldn't be just getting two games per console life cycle. MK was all about kontent and pushing the memory to the limits. It is why we got so much for the krypt, secrets and other minigames as well as lore.

With the recent games, we got political pandering, a pay to win krypt with random unlocks, bad acting (I think Ronda did okay, but they should have had her do an extra take or two for certain lines or should have just kept her old VA) and really forced storytelling.

I think 4thSnake on YT brought up the different storylines going on for each character in the 3DEra that contrasted the basic good guys vs bad guys wars in the recent games.

Also, IIRC, Armageddon would've had fatalities and there would've been more depth to kombat in konquest mode with the sword and arrows (as shown in the beta footage on Youtube), but I think it's slated release date of December 07 caused them to rush the game. I feel like if they just fixed Motaro, had Khameleon, and had more cool interactions with Taven and other characters like Kitana, Liu Kang, Sindel or anyone else and it would've fared better in the long term. IIRC Armageddon actually still sold well and sold the most out of the 3D Era games.

3D Era was a technological challenge for them. Not to mention they had to compete with game like "Dead or Alive" or "Tekken". So it was quantity over quality. Sacrifices had to be made. While they had the best story telling, unlike Street Fighter (to this day I have no idea what is the overall lore of that game, and I played that game since SF2) or Tekken ("dropping your kid off the cliff" simulator), they made a lot of quick, cheap fighters, just to populate the character selection screen.

Which became especially obvious in Armageddon.

But having said that. If I were to compare 3D Era and Reboot Era... yeah. No way, you can prove it to me, that they "Innovated" anything in this last trilogy. How can you innovate, if you pretty much go back by a whole dimension and your only selling point is "BLOOD! FOR THE BLOOD GOD!".

Again there were some interesting ideas with each character. Onaga was an interesting boss, Reptile had his gnarly bandaged up look, Nitara was interesting as well (except I think they went overboard with the wings), Mavado's alternate outfit is awesome and would've fared better as his standard look... Also, Drahmin with the flies might have been a precursor to D'Vorah since IIRC, the bio kard for Drahmin had Ed Boon constantly bringing up the flies as an attack.

Also also, I think the real problem was that they didn't take certain characters far enough. Kobra should've been a brutal version of Ken from Street Fighter. He should have been uppercuting heads off, Tatsumakiing torsos off or kicking someone so hard they vomit over his leg before killing them (see Noob). Another point was Mavado, I think he could have worked if he didn't have the weird ropes and just did really interesting techniques with his hookswords or was a mutant of some sort. Whereas Hsu Hao's superhero clap could've been reserved for Fujin as a move.

The developer's just needed to implement things differently or just merged some ideas into one character. D'Vorah definitely could've been a more interesting boss than Moloch or Drahmin. We also could've used Tremor instead of Dairou for an Earth based character.

Yearly isn't a great idea, but once every two and half years should allow for the developers to expand on the roster a little bit and add a couple of mechanics. I think that's the perfect timeframe.

Last edited:
I agree for the most part. What Tarkatan Trash was talking about was that we shouldn't be just getting two games per console life cycle. MK was all about kontent and pushing the memory to the limits. It is why we got so much for the krypt, secrets and other minigames as well as lore.

With the recent games, we got political pandering, a pay to win krypt with random unlocks, bad acting (I think Ronda did okay, but they should have had her do an extra take or two for certain lines or should have just kept her old VA) and really forced storytelling.

I think 4thSnake on YT brought up the different storylines going on for each character in the 3DEra that contrasted the basic good guys vs bad guys wars in the recent games.

Also, IIRC, Armageddon would've had fatalities and there would've been more depth to kombat in konquest mode with the sword and arrows (as shown in the beta footage on Youtube), but I think it's slated release date of December 07 caused them to rush the game. I feel like if they just fixed Motaro, had Khameleon, and had more cool interactions with Taven and other characters like Kitana, Liu Kang, Sindel or anyone else and it would've fared better in the long term. IIRC Armageddon actually still sold well and sold the most out of the 3D Era games.

Again there were some interesting ideas with each character. Onaga was an interesting boss, Reptile had his gnarly bandaged up look, Nitara was interesting as well (except I think they went overboard with the wings), Mavado's alternate outfit is awesome and would've fared better as his standard look... Also, Drahmin with the flies might have been a precursor to D'Vorah since IIRC, the bio kard for Drahmin had Ed Boon constantly bringing up the flies as an attack.

Also also, I think the real problem was that they didn't take certain characters far enough. Kobra should've been a brutal version of Ken from Street Fighter. He should have been uppercuting heads off, Tatsumakiing torsos off or kicking someone so hard they vomit over his leg before killing them (see Noob). Another point was Mavado, I think he could have worked if he didn't have the weird ropes and just did really interesting techniques with his hookswords or was a mutant of some sort. Whereas Hsu Hao's superhero clap could've been reserved for Fujin as a move.

The developer's just needed to implement things differently or just merged some ideas into one character. D'Vorah definitely could've been a more interesting boss than Moloch or Drahmin. We also could've used Tremor instead of Dairou for an Earth based character.

Yearly isn't a great idea, but once every two and half years should allow for the developers to expand on the roster a little bit and add a couple of mechanics. I think that's the perfect timeframe.

2 years isn't enough to flesh out everything. Unless your team works like a Swiss watch and NRS is anything, but Swiss watch. It is more of that electronic shitty watch you buy in 1 dollar shop. They have a lot of characters and a huge lore to show. 2 years is definitely not enough for them, as they would have to build every character individually.

Let's take Street Fighter series for example. Street Fighter 3 came out in 1997. Street Fighter came out in 2008. 11 years apart. Result? While they had a shoddy launch for few weeks, the game turned out to be EVO main event for years. Massive roster, high skill ceiling and entertaining gameplay. It was the king of EVO arguably until 2016. Then came SFV. That one though, was rushed. Which is strange, as they basically had 8 years for development, but that's not true. SF5 development began pretty late, as a lot of resources went into managing SF4. Overall development was actually something like 2-3 years. AAAnd the end result was horrible. No Arcade, no story mode, crappy netcode, 16 characters and almost non existent balance.

Could they have made a good game in 2-3 years? Yeah. We have tech that makes game development much faster, than it was in the past. Problem is the priorities nowadays. Instead of game content, of capturing that MAGIC, now we have "E-sports focused content". It isn't about telling a story anymore, but giving you a lecture or just putting a quick Hollywood copy paste script, so they could focus on monetizing the players for every tiny shit.

In Mortal Kombat case, they would need a whole year to just build the world. They would need Lore Masters sitting in the dungeon and writing everything down. All Realms, characters, cultures and then apply that to the game. Which would be another 2-3 years with efficient team or 4-5 years with NRS team.

If 3 games per console life cycle was good enough for the 4th console generation, it's most certainly good enough for the 8th and 9th console generations.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If 3 games per console life cycle was good enough for the 4th console generation, it's most certainly good enough for the 8th and 9th console generations.

Yeah, no. I don't know if you noticed, but we have a pile of shit thanks to that.

Also gods. Have you heard of the term "Times change"? What worked back then, doesn't work now. While tech advancements in game design did make game development faster, it also made projects bigger.

MK1-3 today could be done by a couple of people in a week, while being half drunk. We have Game Jam's where devs create fully functional games in 24h.

But if you want a game to stay, it has to be quality over quantity. Otherwise you get... current game industry. AAA Games die 2 weeks after launch. We have copy cats copying copy cats. No originality, just mass produce everything. You get barebones at launch and wait years for them to add content. Less and less content, while pay more and more. But sure. "If that worked 20 years ago, it surely will work now!"

While we are at it, let's go back to VHS. They worked awesome back then, they will work now as well!

Yeah, no. I don't know if you noticed, but we have a pile of shit thanks to that.

Also gods. Have you heard of the term "Times change"? What worked back then, doesn't work now. While tech advancements in game design did make game development faster, it also made projects bigger.

MK1-3 today could be done by a couple of people in a week, while being half drunk. We have Game Jam's where devs create fully functional games in 24h.

But if you want a game to stay, it has to be quality over quantity. Otherwise you get... current game industry. AAA Games die 2 weeks after launch. We have copy cats copying copy cats. No originality, just mass produce everything. You get barebones at launch and wait years for them to add content. Less and less content, while pay more and more. But sure. "If that worked 20 years ago, it surely will work now!"

While we are at it, let's go back to VHS. They worked awesome back then, they will work now as well!

Quantity IS quality! It's simple math!

2 years isn't enough to flesh out everything. Unless your team works like a Swiss watch and NRS is anything, but Swiss watch. It is more of that electronic shitty watch you buy in 1 dollar shop. They have a lot of characters and a huge lore to show. 2 years is definitely not enough for them, as they would have to build every character individually.

Let's take Street Fighter series for example. Street Fighter 3 came out in 1997. Street Fighter came out in 2008. 11 years apart. Result? While they had a shoddy launch for few weeks, the game turned out to be EVO main event for years. Massive roster, high skill ceiling and entertaining gameplay. It was the king of EVO arguably until 2016. Then came SFV. That one though, was rushed. Which is strange, as they basically had 8 years for development, but that's not true. SF5 development began pretty late, as a lot of resources went into managing SF4. Overall development was actually something like 2-3 years. AAAnd the end result was horrible. No Arcade, no story mode, crappy netcode, 16 characters and almost non existent balance.

Could they have made a good game in 2-3 years? Yeah. We have tech that makes game development much faster, than it was in the past. Problem is the priorities nowadays. Instead of game content, of capturing that MAGIC, now we have "E-sports focused content". It isn't about telling a story anymore, but giving you a lecture or just putting a quick Hollywood copy paste script, so they could focus on monetizing the players for every tiny shit.

In Mortal Kombat case, they would need a whole year to just build the world. They would need Lore Masters sitting in the dungeon and writing everything down. All Realms, characters, cultures and then apply that to the game. Which would be another 2-3 years with efficient team or 4-5 years with NRS team.

We don't really need a whole year to build the world and we still had a pretty good lore master with John Vogel. Most of the realms concepts are fairly basic: Earthrealm just needs a military/red/black dragon level, a Lin Kuei Ice level, and Scorpion level. Besides that, you could just throw in a level per every other realm since Edenia is just paradise (unless you count the crater), Chaosrealm is just weird, Orderrealm is practically strict Edenia, and Outworld is either purple or tan. And the devs don't even need to do every realm since they seldom remember Seido and Chaosrealm.

Also, we already still have a great Lore Master around: John Vogel. The guy came up with everything post MK4 and did a solid job. Just like the meme says, John Vogel is a genius.

We don't really need a whole year to build the world and we still had a pretty good lore master with John Vogel. Most of the realms concepts are fairly basic: Earthrealm just needs a military/red/black dragon level, a Lin Kuei Ice level, and Scorpion level. Besides that, you could just throw in a level per every other realm since Edenia is just paradise (unless you count the crater), Chaosrealm is just weird, Orderrealm is practically strict Edenia, and Outworld is either purple or tan. And the devs don't even need to do every realm since they seldom remember Seido and Chaosrealm.

Also, we already still have a great Lore Master around: John Vogel. The guy came up with everything post MK4 and did a solid job. Just like the meme says, John Vogel is a genius.

This is completely subjective, cause personally I want a PROPER lore, not the "a bit expanded". This is 2020, not early 2000s. Also I would love to get an in depth lore of EVERY realm, cause why have the realm if you can't explore it. An excuse of "devs seldom remember Seido and Chaosrealm"... just no.

Also John Vogel was one of the FOUR people that MK. While back in the day, John Vogel was responsible for Story and Animation. Tobias is the one credited for designing entire roster, creating the THEME of MK and detailed story lines. John Vogel is damn good, but he continued Tobias vision. I say that, cause John Vogel's field is primarily art. While he was Lead Story Writer at certain times, that was because he was one of the founding members and he worked closely with Tobias. So, he knew how to go forward and I applaud him for respecting the vision, but he didn't completely come up with everything. MK1-MK8 is one long story, cause it was a work of two people, that understood the vision.

MK9-MK10 took a dip in quality story writing though. MK11 is nothing to even to talk about. Literally a fan fiction. Hell shitty ass writer like me could write a better one.

But eh, it doesn't matter. I am just daydreaming at this point. Expecting MK to give quality at this point is just being completely naive. I can just write my own shit and will be happy. Once MK12 comes out, it will be just another ass kissing festival with another writer pushing his agendas. Won't be surprised if they will remove some of the realms as well, cause "they seldom remember them".

And I want lore written by those who were directly involved with Mortal Kombat between 1992 and 1999. You know, the people who actually know more about MK than anyone else on the account of having been involved in the making of the Klassic games.

And I want lore written by those who were directly involved with Mortal Kombat between 1992 and 1999. You know, the people who actually know more about MK than anyone else on the account of having been involved in the making of the Klassic games.

Not happening, mate. Now they gonna use Shawn Kittelsen for everything. Or will hire a new pink haired dude that identifies as a fox, and will get him to write a story about how everyone through their animalities connected to their animal side and became the Fur Kombatants.

They are aiming for new audience and if you don't like what they offer, well... in official dev words. "You're not a true fan"

This is completely subjective, cause personally I want a PROPER lore, not the "a bit expanded". This is 2020, not early 2000s. Also I would love to get an in depth lore of EVERY realm, cause why have the realm if you can't explore it. An excuse of "devs seldom remember Seido and Chaosrealm"... just no.

Also John Vogel was one of the FOUR people that MK. While back in the day, John Vogel was responsible for Story and Animation. Tobias is the one credited for designing entire roster, creating the THEME of MK and detailed story lines. John Vogel is damn good, but he continued Tobias vision. I say that, cause John Vogel's field is primarily art. While he was Lead Story Writer at certain times, that was because he was one of the founding members and he worked closely with Tobias. So, he knew how to go forward and I applaud him for respecting the vision, but he didn't completely come up with everything. MK1-MK8 is one long story, cause it was a work of two people, that understood the vision.

MK9-MK10 took a dip in quality story writing though. MK11 is nothing to even to talk about. Literally a fan fiction. Hell shitty ass writer like me could write a better one.

But eh, it doesn't matter. I am just daydreaming at this point. Expecting MK to give quality at this point is just being completely naive. I can just write my own shit and will be happy. Once MK12 comes out, it will be just another ass kissing festival with another writer pushing his agendas. Won't be surprised if they will remove some of the realms as well, cause "they seldom remember them".

I disagree on Vogel just continuing the lore. There was no mention of the Dragon King until Deadly Alliance, Seido at the very least is well explored with the Seidan Gaurd and Hotaru giving off an "otherworldly Roman Empire vibe" and they have a definied government as well as conflict. The only issue with Seido was that Darrius and Dairou just felt like they were just there and didn't stand out in terms of design (or just felt very gimmicky).

One Being is another new addition to the series as well as all of the ambitious stuff he tried to do by adding the demigod brothers, and Argus of Edenia. Then we also have the revelation that King Jerrod is inside of Ermac (MK9).

I honestly think that the devs aren't going to restart from MK1. I think they'll either restart from MKX and just have the old cast survive... or they'll start from the beginning of MKA... but with the new generation. I just can't see them undoing the new fan favorites like Takeda and Cassie (it's hilarious how much of an improvement Cassie is over Stryker, I wish they'd bring him back as a legacy skin).

Is there a reason why the devs didn't bring over the legacy skins from Injustice? I thought it'd be a nice way of bringing back certain characters with extremely similar movesets.

Not happening, mate. Now they gonna use Shawn Kittelsen for everything. Or will hire a new pink haired dude that identifies as a fox, and will get him to write a story about how everyone through their animalities connected to their animal side and became the Fur Kombatants.

They are aiming for new audience and if you don't like what they offer, well... in official dev words. "You're not a true fan"
The "new audience" are nothing but posers. MK Purists are the Master Race of MK fans.

Shawn Kittelsen is genuinely stupid.

Not gonna happen when they also have the Injustice IP that they're also working on.

1 year (and a half, maybe) of support, and then onto the next game, which is the reason that I think that people are really looking into "longest support" to mean something that it really doesn't.
While I don't just go willy-nilly believing everything that I read of the internet and especially 4chan (for that matter), that supposed "leak" sounded the most realistic considering the working conditions at NRS (which they were exposed for).

I could EASILY see NRS announcing 4 characters and 2 leaked klassic stages and maaaaaaaybe a Shang Tsung announcer voice at the event and then calling it a day in regards to MK11 DLC / "support."
Have all of that DLC come out by October or November of 2020 and technically you have the "longest support" for a NRS game, since they are usually done with DLC for said game by March of the following year after release.

I disagree on Vogel just continuing the lore. There was no mention of the Dragon King until Deadly Alliance, Seido at the very least is well explored with the Seidan Gaurd and Hotaru giving off an "otherworldly Roman Empire vibe" and they have a definied government as well as conflict. The only issue with Seido was that Darrius and Dairou just felt like they were just there and didn't stand out in terms of design (or just felt very gimmicky).

One Being is another new addition to the series as well as all of the ambitious stuff he tried to do by adding the demigod brothers, and Argus of Edenia. Then we also have the revelation that King Jerrod is inside of Ermac (MK9).

I honestly think that the devs aren't going to restart from MK1. I think they'll either restart from MKX and just have the old cast survive... or they'll start from the beginning of MKA... but with the new generation. I just can't see them undoing the new fan favorites like Takeda and Cassie (it's hilarious how much of an improvement Cassie is over Stryker, I wish they'd bring him back as a legacy skin).

Is there a reason why the devs didn't bring over the legacy skins from Injustice? I thought it'd be a nice way of bringing back certain characters with extremely similar movesets.

I said Vision. Two different things. Onaga and One Being were part of the world. It fit the Theme which was established by Tobias. I agree That Onaga/One Being and the rest of the stuff that came after MK4 was Vogel's ideas, but they were ADDITIONS to established world. Problem is that after MK9, MK f%cked off to Hollywood style writing and stories. Now it is all Earthrealm and special forces.

MKX story was the first misfire and then Shawn came with his fanfics and shippings and completely ruined it.

Overall even MK9 story (compared to what we had in the first 8 MK games) was subpar and had some character assassinations going. Dumbing down of Shao Kahn. Lots of character not making sense. Etc.

I just can't see them undoing the new fan favorites like Takeda and Cassie

I also couldn't see them shitting on me, ruining MK lore, retconing Sindel's backstory for no reason, getting woke, destroying Frost to such point that 3D Era Frost looks like an award winning writing. But here we are. If they can just simply destroy the backstory of one of the most famous chaarcters (that existed for 20 freaking years), then some new gen kids that haven't lasted a decade will be more than easy.

Overall even MK9 story (compared to what we had in the first 8 MK games) was subpar and had some character assassinations going. Dumbing down of Shao Kahn. Lots of character not making sense. Etc.

If you're including MKvsDC in those "first 8," then no, I completely disagree with that particular game.
I'll take most of MK9 over some stupid rage monster and Shao Kahn and Raiden being brothers.