Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

It's more revealing, yes, but it still seems a bit more conservative (imo) than the MK9 standard of clothing that people always whine about.
Even MK11 Sindel's klassic is showing some inner thigh and cleavage.

Man, this is grabbing the straws. I don't remember seeing "bathing suits" in Mortal Kombat either, but Steve Beran insisted that they had them and it was time to put a stop to them. According to his logic, this is not an outfit you would go with to a battle of death. They are literally doing the same exact shit as DOA6. Try to play both sides. Got their SJW agenda done, now trying to get back to OG people. Bit by bit. They had absolutely no reason to add this outfit, except for one reason. "Sex sells". And of course. Business wise MK11 failed to accomplish a financial goal. Beat MKX. They got a lot of sales, but they didn't surpass the previous installment.

And we all know reasons for that. Fractured community, political agenda, lying through their teeth and broken ports with late updates.

So they are now making up this lazy shit. I can guarantee you that we will be seeing more of those skimpy outfits next year. No integrity, no spine. So much for "mature and respectful"

Last edited:
They had absolutely no reason to add this outfit, except for one reason. "Sex sells"."

Also, most importantly: nostalgia is a motherf'er and sells like hotcakes.
This is just a mobile game skin, but it resembles the MK9 Skarlet skin a bit (aka the Trilogy 2.0 game)
Take MK11 for example.
Unfortunately people won't give 3D era characters as much of a chance, which is why Frost is the only DLC character on the main roster and Fujin actually caught me by surprise when he was data mined.

It's something that they seemed to have realized with MKX, probably with the DLC sales from Triborg.
I mean, the 3 DLC characters in MK11 are 3 of the ones that people most requested for a "MKX KP3," along with Noob Saibot, Baraka, Jade and Kabal.
They're digging deep at the nostalgia factor, which is why they're selling people the same MKII female ninja skins for Kitana and Jade that were part of the kompatability packs for MK9. It's the same reason why they've sold the Toasty and Spine Rip to idiots for 2 games in a row, because they know that if they dangle the MK1 thru MK3 / UMK3 carrot in front of people, that people will buy that shit every time.

Shang Tsung was a pure nostalgia character, as were the MKII skins for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Noob.
Nightwolf was also a pure nostalgia / klassic character, with the MK3 skins for Kung Lao, Kano and Jax further feeding into the nostalgia.
The only MK11 DLC character which didn't have any nostalgic skin pack related to them was Sindel, and that's because they went with gothic horror skins to relate her being the "Elvira" type character.
Every single klassic character (except for Noob Saibot) has at least 1 klassic Fatality that is now a Brutality in MK11.
I love the game in regards to gameplay and the newer characters, but even with that MK11 has nostalgia leaking out of it's proverbial ass.

So, the female skins feed into that nostalgia factor even more, and seeing as you can only get those skins (for now) via the store, it means that anyone who doesn't otherwise have a TON of the most useless currency in the game lying around (Time Krystals), they'd be forced to pay for said currency with real money at an absurd price if they wanted all 6 of the klassic skins (2 sets per female "ninja").

Last edited:
I'm half-tempted to see if I can get this on sale from the XBOX online store over Christmas, but even then I'm not sure I'd actually play it much.

Oh it, why not. I bought it.

There's a deal where you can get a month of XBOX Live Gold for £1, and if you have Live you get cheaper games - MK11 is -33% off anyway.

So I got a month of Gold and MK11 (standard) for £23 in total. Can't moan at that. It was about £40 at release.

Oh it, why not. I bought it.

There's a deal where you can get a month of XBOX Live Gold for £1, and if you have Live you get cheaper games - MK11 is -33% off anyway.

So I got a month of Gold and MK11 (standard) for £23 in total. Can't moan at that. It was about £40 at release.

I got Premium for £23 on Steam. That SJW-Slayer Misucra swore to give me a free copy but that never materialised. This game has been -50% off for 3 months now, and now it's -60%. Not installing it since it's a garbage game and a garbage port, unless something great happens to it which I highly doubt. Otherwise it's refund time.

By the way, those """"""MK2"""""" skins look terrible. Not only they barely resemble MK2 skins, there's a bunch of technical issues with it like ugly texture seams on their arms. The funniest thing about it however....What was the line? "We don't have bathing suit fighters in this game!" or was it "You wouldn't go out in a bikini for a battle to the death!!!"? And yet they go ahead and release these.

Shows just how full of shit NRS is.

Last edited:
There are 2 sets of skins for each of them. There are the ones that have black on the costume and there are the solid color "klassic" skins, which look more true to the MKII versions.
Either way, imo, it's not worth getting unless you like spending a shitload of money on in-game Krystals :laugh:, which would cost you more than the game cost itself.
My guess is that they'll probably end up being another $6 pack of skins for them after January 4th has passed.

I'd never buy an MK game on PC and I don't know why anyone would. How many times do you guys have to get burned before it sinks in?

That's why you play it smart and use Steam's refund policy. I don't own any consoles, and £23 is nothing. Game is in the library collecting dust until a miracle happens.

Browsing through various comments on Youtube, it just amuses me how many people aren't aware that the "Harley Quinn" that's shown in the Joker teaser is just a skin for Cassie and not Harley herself.

That's why you play it smart and use Steam's refund policy. I don't own any consoles, and £23 is nothing. Game is in the library collecting dust until a miracle happens.

Steam's refund policy is only valid within 14 days of purchase - you may well have wasted your £23. I'd never buy an NRS game (or any fighting game for that matter) on PC, but each to their own.

I think this is whole SJW's nonsense needs to stop. From what I've seen, your typical SJW does not care about MK at all and most of them hate the series for glorifying violence. So I doubt, NRS really cares about them at all. Also, I'm glad the sexy outfits from MK9 never return because they didn't really fit with MK and works better for a series like DOA instead.

To me, as long as MK has blood and guts, that's all it matters. Remove the blood and gore, it's no longer MK. The sexy outfits were never a huge part of the series in my opinion.

Steam's refund policy is only valid within 14 days of purchase - you may well have wasted your £23. I'd never buy an NRS game (or any fighting game for that matter) on PC, but each to their own.

Shit, you're right. Still got time... But meh, £23 is like eating out once. Who knows, maybe they'll pull their shit together later on. Or maybe one day I'll feel extremely masochistic :rofl:

Tekken7 is great on PC. DOA6 was okay until they butchered it with the auto-graphics bug.

You know what else is overused? -isms, -phobes and other wildcards. As for not catering towards SJWs, that's simply ignorant. There are more than enough examples in this game that you'd be simply dishonest to deny.

Last edited:
I think this is whole SJW's nonsense needs to stop. From what I've seen, your typical SJW does not care about MK at all and most of them hate the series for glorifying violence. So I doubt, NRS really cares about them at all. Also, I'm glad the sexy outfits from MK9 never return because they didn't really fit with MK and works better for a series like DOA instead.

To me, as long as MK has blood and guts, that's all it matters. Remove the blood and gore, it's no longer MK. The sexy outfits were never a huge part of the series in my opinion.

Look man, I believe you're an amazing dude, fun to hang around and I have no ill intent towards you, but when it comes to this "SJW nonsense", you can go f%ck yourself.

This "SJW nonsense" is the reason why we have this ret@rded "cancel culture", why you can't draw a sexy fanart without being harassed or even banned by a website, why you can't even make a game in a way that you want, without having to deal with censorship and demands from specific platforms.

SJW is a term, that isn't used to identify people who believe in a specific political view. It is a term that is used to identify people that believe that THEIR BELIEF is the ONLY RIGHT ONE.

"I like this, and you must like it too. If you don't, you're a misogynist, sexist, rapist, etc"

They don't believe in harmony. They don't believe in different view, tastes, opinions. It is their way, and their way only.
Now for someone like you, I bet you don't really feel any effects from them, hence the pure ignorance, but people like me who draw/model things, we have to deal with this shit pretty often.

And that is in Mortal Kombat 11.
Here is the thing. I am with you. I am not into bikinis, or DOA styled outfits. Sometimes I will pick an exotic outfit, if it looks practical enough, but you will never see me using Bikini outfit with high heels, unless I am messing around with couple of friends.
I like my outfits practical. Having said that... let me tell you a secret.
You and I, aren't the only ones that play games like MK. These games weren't just made for us. Our tastes and opinions while are valid, it doesn't mean that they are the universal truth. There are tons of people that would say, that they don't care for Gore in MK, but for MK females. And they will remind you, that MK began with sexy outfits and has over 2 decades of females wearing sexy outfits. They invested their time and money into this franchise. One of the resources is non refundable, hence why idiots that claim "If you don't like this, then stop playing it" deserve a smack in the face. (Though better not to do that, as we are civilized here) If I invest my lifespan into a product, I invest in it for specific reasons. I liked what I saw, and I want to see more of it, in better and more expanded ways.
Which brings us to another statement that SJW use, without even understanding what it means. "Times change, things change, things move forward,"
Smart statement, if said by a person that uses more than two of his brain cells. Yes. Things change. They improve. They become different. Just like the tree keeps changing its shape, the more branches it has. But if you start changing the "FOUNDATIONS", the "ROOTS", then entire thing becomes unstable and sooner or later, it falls down. You don't f%ck with the foundations. People invested in that. So if you betray the roots, you betray the faith and trust of the people that helped you grow that tree to begin with and then you find yourself all alone.
Ask Terminator how it went for them, once they betrayed their foundations. And then look at Rambo: Last Blood.

Last Terminator movie went out with a stinking fart, while last Rambo movie got praised by the audience. Why? Simple. One betrayed everything what people liked about the franchise and disrespected the time they have invested, while another did what it did best and went out with its head held high.

But hey. If you want to create new things. Want to show the so called "progress", then ok. MAKE A NEW F%CKING GAME THEN. Call it "God Fighters: Burka Edition" or whatever and people won't say shit about it. Cause it is a different IP, a new foundation, so they can do whatever the f%ck they want. But don't use the IP, into which I have invested my F%CKING LIFESPAN to push some idiot's world views. We have limited time each day, we have limited time per year. WE. HAVE. LIMITED. TIME. So we can only invest that precious time into only FEW THINGS. So I and others put our faith into this franchise, because we liked what we saw. For example. I invested 8 years of my life, specifically waiting for Frost. I spent my free time, between work and other responsibilities drawing her, making that awful video, and so on. Now do I deserve a red carpet for that? Special treatment? No. But do I deserve to be lied to? Treated like an idiot? Told how they don't care if I am disappointed and they have zero regrets about that? To be told that I am not a true fan, because i didn't like certain parts of the game? F%ck no. I didn't deserve that. No MK fan deserves that. Yet, here we go. Our loyalty and faith in this franchise was rewarded with a middle finger.

Now people might say: "Well, what do you want them to do? You can't make everyone happy!" Well, yes and no. You can't make everyone happy, but thanks to tech advancements you can make MORE people happy, than before. It is a very simple solution. A solution MK11 COMPLETELY LACKS.

More options.

The actual progress.

MORE.
F%CKING.
OPTIONS.

You would think that in 2019, you would be able to have more Options with your characters. Yet, for some reason, we have less options than in Injustice 2. We can't customize outfits the same way. No options for battle damage. Yeah, sure. Let's say, YOU didn't like Battle damage. But what about the people that liked it? F%ck them?
Or hey, what about me? I waited for Frost for 8 years. The only Frost I knew, was the one from Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon. So why do I get this abomination, that doesn't look like the Frost I knew? Why was I stripped from my options of choosing between human and cyborg Frost, when people could choose between Human and Cyborg Cyrax or Sektor in FREAKING MK9?

Why a 2011 game gave more options, than 2019 game? Why a 2004 MK, had more diverse content, than 2019 version?

And with this we go back to the "SJW nonsense". Because SJW's operate on a belief, that were can be only ONE OPTION. Almost like... MK11!

Of course, you can keep denying that SJW have anything to do with MK. You have a freedom to believe that, but just because you believe that, doesn't mean that reality will suddenly shift and adjust to your belief. No. Instead reality is more than welcome to smash your head with what IT IS. You can, right now, very easily read about what happened in Steam forums during MK11 launch.

We have seen scummy companies before. That delete posts about technical issues, or shitty practices, but MK11 Steam forums were VERY SPECIFIC on what they didn't want you to see. They didn't touch any posts about server issues, or glitches, or graphical errors. But they were doing their best job deleting anything related to female outfits.

They also had more than 20 different ways (that I can think off the top of my head) to address the matter about female outfits, without pissing people off. Literally could have said, that they made an artistic decision to match the theme of the game. Desert, sands of time, etc.

INSTEAD Steve Beran decided to treat people like idiots and then insults them with his remarks. Only later, once the fires started, Ed Boon tried to damage control, by making up some bullshit about how they wanted to show off textures of their outfits (on a glorified Unreal Engine 3 engine? Sure...)

Or why get all defensive about JAX ending? Going as far as calling people "not the true fans" cause they didn't like how a character who has NEVER shown any interest in race issues, suddenly goes all "I am not going to wait centuries for people to get WOKE." (literally saying that shit in a cutscene, but no no. No SJW's here. Everything is fine, guys. Just plug your ears, close your eyes and sing LALALALA.)

And as for the ("SJW" iS sO OveRUsED noWaDAys). Yeah, you know what is also overused? Half a$$ed games that make you pay MORE for LESS, while preaching about how you have to check your privileges, as you watch your favorite characters butchered and twisted to match specific political agendas.

I am also VERY F%CKING TIRED of their bullshit. Cause since 2011, I got to enjoy only 1 game out of 5 franchises that I grew up with. You know the 5 f%cking franchises I invested my time into.

I would love to never see SJW's again. EVER. But here we are.

Well, fortunately now, these less than nothing maggots are losing their ground, as businesses finally realized (after sustaining losses in BILLIONS), that following SJW bullshit is not profitable. But damage has been done. 8 years wasted, waiting for MK Sequel, hoping to see technological innovations, expanded universe, more options for players with different tastes and more freedom to customize your experience... None of that happened. Only a select group of people got to enjoy the game, because it seems that since 2011, technology just became more and more limited.

Last edited:
The best thing about this sexy outfit nonsense is the fact that NRS doesn't believe their own bullshit. Look at all the DLC, how many "non-bikinis" do you see? Where's all the maturity and respect?

You could write an entire Word document just with how much bullshit this game is filled with.

NRS has a proven track record that they can't do sexy even if their life depended on it anyways. Every time they tried to do it in this game, it ended up looking grotesque and revolting.

Unless of course we're talking about men, that's their forte now. Kano is getting more sexier with each passing game, which is hilarious and also a massive double standard.

By being so woke and progressive, NRS are being exactly what they claim to fight against. Huge irony, and I love it :lol:

My biggest issue is NRS pumping a game out every two years. MK11 looks like a injustice 2 mod IMO. It doesn't feel like MK to me. I remember getting excited when Ed boon claimed NRS was breaking their 2 year dev cycle only to realize he was lying for the game awards reveal. A MK taking advantage of ps5 and Xbox series X would be mind blowing. Sadly we'll have to wait on injustice 3 to see any real change from NRS.

Also, I'm glad the sexy outfits from MK9 never return because they didn't really fit with MK and works better for a series like DOA instead.

This, 100%.
While I don't mind some sexy / revealing stuff, MK9 was borderline DOA levels of absurd.

My biggest issue is NRS pumping a game out every two years. MK11 looks like a injustice 2 mod IMO. It doesn't feel like MK to me. I remember getting excited when Ed boon claimed NRS was breaking their 2 year dev cycle only to realize he was lying for the game awards reveal. A MK taking advantage of ps5 and Xbox series X would be mind blowing. Sadly we'll have to wait on injustice 3 to see any real change from NRS.

We still have yet to see if they'll do an XL / KP2 a few months after Spawn comes out, or if they'll drag out the KP2 DLC for another 11 months like they did with KP1.
If it's the latter, then yeah, NRS may be breaking the 2-year cycle with MK11 post-launch stuff, especially if we end up getting things that were data mined a while back, like:
Spoiler:
the Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and Friendships.

This, 100%.
We still have yet to see if they'll do an XL / KP2 a few months after Spawn comes out, or if they'll drag out the KP2 DLC for another 11 months like they did with KP1.
If it's the latter, then yeah, NRS may be breaking the 2-year cycle with MK11 post-launch stuff, especially if we end up getting things that were data mined a while back, like:
Spoiler:
the Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and Friendships.

I think they hit the critical point with MK to begin with. You can only last so long, by doing games every 2 years. Though I still will be surprised if Injustice 3 development won't be announced next year.
But as far as MK goes. They are done. MK11 was the rushing towards the finish line while clumsily falling on the ground. It was the drunk man race. The "trip, fall, get up, rinse and repeat" marathon.
So I won't be surprised if they won't take at least minimum 5 years of break time. Most likely Boon won't be around for the next MK.

I will believe it, once I will see it. Not to mention. Crossplay with PC? Really? They don't even take care of cheaters on PC. There are few notorious cheaters that have taken top spots in leaderboards and are still active. No punishment for them.

So imagine if they got access to console players? So either NRS is ignorant and is just using desperate measures now, or they will increase the security (which everyone who has common sense and good memory, knows won't happen). So yeah. I really doubt they will do anything.

They could have easily added the "at this time" just to avoid pissing people off. Not a first time, company says something and does complete 180...

Also speaking about 180...

View attachment 9939

Couldn't even wait a full year before abandoning their "mature and respectful". Not to mention, this is for MK Mobile only.
NRS just gets scummier with every single month.

I hope this version of her outfit will be in the game!