Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

We've only really seen three characters so I'll have to reserve this "too much gold armor" complaint till after I've seen more. Personally all the designs look great, especially Scorpion.

So, I take it that you’ve already forgotten about Kronika (if that’s her real name) who also is wearing a gold default costume?
That’s 4 characters.

Better question. Who doesn't?

This.
Plus, even in practice mode, if the default is this hideous then it means seeing it every single time, and it’s bland as fvck.
That, or the other option of spending the first 30 - 60 minutes going character by character and changing that shit up in the Character Customization menu, all because someone at NRS has a gold fetish.

Well, maybe a way of customizing a personal default would be nice.

That's what I wanted for old Liu Kang, for example. (I mean getting hid of him)

I shouldn’t have to waste time doing NRS’ work for them, though.
That’s the point, that the gold should be a shader and not the default palette.

How is changing the default costumes to fit your tastes "their work"?
I did it for Injustice 2, wasn't a problem at all. I didn't feel like NRS did me dirty because I didn't like Green Lantern's default costume lol

As long as there are a good amount of skins that don't look like mix match stuff that doesn't fit the characters I'm ok with the gear, I just don't want a bunch of over done looks just for the sake of having a piece. I know Sub-Zero was kind of super heroed up in Injustice 2 but he looked terrible, they need to keep things like capes etc away from this game.

How is changing the default costumes to fit your tastes "their work"?
I did it for Injustice 2, wasn't a problem at all. I didn't feel like NRS did me dirty because I didn't like Green Lantern's default costume lol

If they all have a red / gold costume like Shao Kahn, Raiden and Scorpion, it's doing their work because the gold / red palette should be a shader, not a lazy default across the board.