Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ah yes. "A Medieval Tale" and "Medieval Lady". I remember them trying to force her new look. They even did a crossover with Belladonna just to sell her. Didn't do shit. That's why her Medieval Tale look never stuck.

Since she was revealed in 1991 in Evil Ernie #1 issue she always wore her iconic Bikini set. The Gauntlet and Medieval Tale tried to introduce new look, but failed. That's why both series ended pretty quickly. Her iconic look still remained the same and to this day if someone mentions Lady Death, they think of her iconic look, not the Medieval Tale or Gauntlet.

So yeah good luck. Even if MK11 will try to put those two outfits, they cannot just take away or alter her iconic look that has been set for 2 decades. MK females is one thing, as it is their stuff. But Lady Death is not their property to alter. So once again I don't see this happening. They could wait out the shit storm caused by their own self censorship, but taking a character from different IP and giving her only a Burka will piss people off. It will be a simple argument.

"You want to censor your stuff? Sure. But don't touch our stuff!"

Not to mention even in The Gauntlet and Medieval Tale, she was always shown to be seriously busty. And MK11 is completely against that.

Also Jade Halloween outfit... yeah. Sure. Like Xenon said to me. If it is green skin, they can allow themselves some exposure. I want to see them do the same thing with normal skin. Not to mention. Compare Jade's Halloween outfit with Lady Death... it's like day and night. So no way.

I will believe it, once I will see it. Not to mention, she seems too random for a guest character. While her popularity began rising again, she is still nowhere close to other guest characters. So this all sounds very fishy. Why her? Why risk another shitstorm?

EDIT:

Also what did you expect when asking who she is in TestYourMight? She has a very niche fanbase and her own corner. She isn't even mainstream. So no wonder that a lot of people who never delved deep in comics, wouldn't know her. Hence, I am as confused as you, as to why bring her? If they just want to jump back on "sex sells". They can just dress up their characters and play safe. Put on that family friendly sexy like Halloween Jade and be happy. Why bring a character that has been wearing bikini for 2 decades? Especially as Steve Beran is a known bikini hater.

Because they're completely tone-deaf when it comes to what the fans want? :p

Clearly. Man, they could have just solved everything, by giving people options. Here are the outfits for one side and here are the outfits for another side. Both sides happy and more money.

But nah. Needed those political points. Glad that now it became clear that this tactic didn't work. Now that both Terminator and Star Wars have failed, thanks to SJW, companies are going in a different direction of this politically correct nonsense.

companies are going in a different direction of this politically correct nonsense.

How so? Last time I checked, they accused the haters as being misogynists ala Ghostbusters, blah blah blah. When did they say that they will revert to their old ways? Honestly curious, not being sarcastic.

EDIT:

Also what did you expect when asking who she is in TestYourMight? She has a very niche fanbase and her own corner. She isn't even mainstream. So no wonder that a lot of people who never delved deep in comics, wouldn't know her. Hence, I am as confused as you, as to why bring her? If they just want to jump back on "sex sells". They can just dress up their characters and play safe. Put on that family friendly sexy like Halloween Jade and be happy. Why bring a character that has been wearing bikini for 2 decades? Especially as Steve Beran is a known bikini hater.

Well it *is* just a rando on Gamefaqs who posted this, so he could just as well be playing the MK fanbase. Probably so the Alien vs Predator thing in MKX and assumes something similar will be done in MK11. I mean, a few months ago another 'leaker' claimed Pyramid Head would be in KP2.

It's probably bull$hit. But I never forget that the old leak about story and dlc turned out to be 80% true, and I called bull on that too back then. Who's laughing now? Not me, that's for sure.

Ah, Havik … I really hope your assist was removed for a DLC reason.

How so? Last time I checked, they accused the haters as being misogynists ala Ghostbusters, blah blah blah. When did they say that they will revert to their old ways? Honestly curious, not being sarcastic.

Ghostbusters was 2016.

Oh and they are definitely not going to say out loud. For example. Gillete with their "Boys will be Boys" campaign lost 8 billion. They immediately abandoned that campaign and started the "Local Heroes".

Star Wars... oh boi... Star Wars. Galaxy park for Star Wars is empty, drinks are getting overpriced just to make up for losses. Movies... well a catastrophe. The third one is already set for financial failure by their own analysts. The guys that threw away Game Of Thrones series for Star Wars movies, now suddenly found more important projects than STAR WARS and decided to quit, so they could work on... Netflix projects. And there have been already suggestion that Disney is buying tickets for their own movie. Just like they did with Captain Marvel.

Terminator: Dark Fate.... Bombed harder than the nuclear bomb during Judgement Day.

Point is. None of the companies will go and say "Oh it was a mistake"

But at this point, you can call people sexists and misogynists only so many times, until you realize the reality. This social justice thing is not working out. Since the inception of SJW, they haven't made one profitable product of their own. All franchises they touched turned to shit. Hell look at MK11. I have never seen such fractured fanbase. Never. People would not agree on characters or which one is better "Deception or MK9". That was max. Now you have people, that despise the game to the point that they call it the most disgusting shit to come upon creation or others claiming how it is the best MK game ever and proceed to cry about grind or variations for 2 hours.

Point is. Companies tried to cash in on Social Justice and get some social points, but now reality is here. It isn't profitable. It doesn't make money. MK11 sold well for 2 months. And? What about now? MKX was selling like cookies whole summer. While PC version was a nightmare, people were having a blast on consoles. Now I watch same people compete over and over in tourneys and barely anyone watching their events. 2 good financial months are nothing. Tekken 7 maybe didn't have the launch of MK11, but it beats MK11 in long game by 100 of miles. So yeah. No need for them to say anything. Writing is on the wall.

I know that NRS won't change, until it is critical. Once they will see that social justice is keeping them away from tons of cash, they will drop all bikinis and busty female models in one go and will charge them as DLC. That is a fact.

Ghostbusters was 2016.

Oh and they are definitely not going to say out loud. For example. Gillete with their "Boys will be Boys" campaign lost 8 billion. They immediately abandoned that campaign and started the "Local Heroes".

Star Wars... oh boi... Star Wars. Galaxy park for Star Wars is empty, drinks are getting overpriced just to make up for losses. Movies... well a catastrophe. The third one is already set for financial failure by their own analysts. The guys that threw away Game Of Thrones series for Star Wars movies, now suddenly found more important projects than STAR WARS and decided to quit, so they could work on... Netflix projects. And there have been already suggestion that Disney is buying tickets for their own movie. Just like they did with Captain Marvel.

Terminator: Dark Fate.... Bombed harder than the nuclear bomb during Judgement Day.

Point is. None of the companies will go and say "Oh it was a mistake"

But at this point, you can call people sexists and misogynists only so many times, until you realize the reality. This social justice thing is not working out. Since the inception of SJW, they haven't made one profitable product of their own. All franchises they touched turned to shit. Hell look at MK11. I have never seen such fractured fanbase. Never. People would not agree on characters or which one is better "Deception or MK9". That was max. Now you have people, that despise the game to the point that they call it the most disgusting shit to come upon creation or others claiming how it is the best MK game ever and proceed to cry about grind or variations for 2 hours.

Point is. Companies tried to cash in on Social Justice and get some social points, but now reality is here. It isn't profitable. It doesn't make money. MK11 sold well for 2 months. And? What about now? MKX was selling like cookies whole summer. While PC version was a nightmare, people were having a blast on consoles. Now I watch same people compete over and over in tourneys and barely anyone watching their events. 2 good financial months are nothing. Tekken 7 maybe didn't have the launch of MK11, but it beats MK11 in long game by 100 of miles. So yeah. No need for them to say anything. Writing is on the wall.

I know that NRS won't change, until it is critical. Once they will see that social justice is keeping them away from tons of cash, they will drop all bikinis and busty female models in one go and will charge them as DLC. That is a fact.

The loudest complaints I heard about MK11 was the simplification of the gameplay and said gameplay being slower (your mileage may vary), the Krypt grind (which was fixed one week after release), the microtransactions (which is bull), and the SJW aspect. While I still say that the number of fans leaving MK because of MK11 is up for debate, those losses cannot be attributed to SJWism alone.

I think NRS tried to make MK11 a solid, competitive game to promote at e-sports, but they may be lacking the expertise to make it so (though most MK fans agree that it *is* the most balanced MK game there is right now). Now I don't know if the majority of the fanbase doesn't WANT MK to be balanced (like Maximillian who wants his fighting games broken in order to do 'crazy $hi%t'), but MK11 is the MK game I had the most fun with so far. I don't really care about the bikini-less characters because I don't play games to watch T&A, I just want to have fun and kill digital people.

Heck, Kombat League even prompted me to play online, which is something I almost never do.

Anyway, my point is that there have been dozens of complaints about MK11 (like they were with X and 9 before it), so I don't really think Kitana not looking like a stripper is the reason some MK fans didn't play as long as they used to with older entries.

However, I do agree that shoving down our throats numerous female icon wanna-bes in order to replace pop culture icons who were strictly male in the past is a cringeworthy procedure which I do not condone. Especially in the way Disney is handling it.

And the minute someone is willing to give Dark Fate a 10 out of 10 for the sole reason that it is a Terminator film without a single male in the poster, is the minute I realize that this whole SJW is going too far.

The loudest complaints I heard about MK11 was the simplification of the gameplay and said gameplay being slower (your mileage may vary), the Krypt grind (which was fixed one week after release), the microtransactions (which is bull), and the SJW aspect. While I still say that the number of fans leaving MK because of MK11 is up for debate, those losses cannot be attributed to SJWism alone.

I think NRS tried to make MK11 a solid, competitive game to promote at e-sports, but they may be lacking the expertise to make it so (though most MK fans agree that it *is* the most balanced MK game there is right now). Now I don't know if the majority of the fanbase doesn't WANT MK to be balanced (like Maximillian who wants his fighting games broken in order to do 'crazy $hi%t'), but MK11 is the MK game I had the most fun with so far. I don't really care about the bikini-less characters because I don't play games to watch T&A, I just want to have fun and kill digital people.

Heck, Kombat League even prompted me to play online, which is something I almost never do.

Anyway, my point is that there have been dozens of complaints about MK11 (like they were with X and 9 before it), so I don't really think Kitana not looking like a stripper is the reason some MK fans didn't play as long as they used to with older entries.

However, I do agree that shoving down our throats numerous female icon wanna-bes in order to replace pop culture icons who were strictly male in the past is a cringeworthy procedure which I do not condone. Especially in the way Disney is handling it.

And the minute someone is willing to give Dark Fate a 10 out of 10 for the sole reason that it is a Terminator film without a single male in the poster, is the minute I realize that this whole SJW is going too far.

The problem isn't that females aren't dressed in bikinis, the problem for people was how that matter was treated.

Thing is I was one of the people asking for better outfits, than MK9 (as I found most of them lazy and plain), but my idea was. "Give an additional option", not remove one thing and replace it with something else. Hence why I call MK11 a degradation.

It doesn't offer more. Most of it, is same shit multiplied few times. (I got the copy few days ago, from a buddy who was completely oblivious to my hate for the game and wanted to pleasantly surprise me.)

Anyway the actual reasons why people are leaving MK11 and aren't interested.

1. MK11 was advertised as neutral based game. Just from playing it for 2 days, I can already tell, that there is absolutely nothing "neutral based" about it. A lot of people got it, expecting neutral gameplay, but were disappointed to see that the only neutral element about the game is that it is the most neutral game out of all MK, but it is not even close to actual fighting games that are based around neutral gameplay (Like Tekken 7). Hence why MK11 pros are now playing Tekken 7 on the side, just to get that proper action.

2. Female clothing nonsense. None of this would have happened, if Steve Beran and Ed Boon didn't treat people like idiots. Just say it "We decided to go for a different artistic approach". Ok got it. Would people have complained? Of course. But would it have split the the community? No. You can understand artistic choice. Oh, you want to make characters look like this, this time? Ok. I mean I don't like it, but your choice, your game.

Even so, it was a politically motivated decision (the same as when one of the Injustice 2 devs leaked that they were forced to cover up females and add quick edits to outfits). And then they started selling stupid shit like "Well you wouldn't go into a fight in a bikini" (proceeds to go on high heels) or Ed Boon's nonsense. We wanted to show off clothing fabrics. On what? UE3?

This blatant lying is what pissed people off. MKX also didn't have bikini girls. Look at Mileena in MKX. Did she even have anything similar to what she had in MK9? No. She was complete opposite in clothing department. But majority of people didn't care. Everyone was hyped.

MK11 would have been the same if they didn't bullshit people. And especially if Steve Beran didn't say "I don't regret disappointing fans". So yeah. That is the actual reason.

3. Kombat League is a nightmare. It forces you to play constantly as your rank decays if you don't play even for couple of days. Netcode is garbage. I can't believe I gave shit to SFV about it. Not to mention numerous reports of getting players 5 ranks above you.

4. Krypt hasn't been fixed. They just altered the numbers. It is still a hassle. I literally went through it and gods. No wonder people call it bullshit.

I mean it looks pretty, I will give them that. But this entire chest randomizing thing (for no damn reason) is making entire experience a chore. Not to mention... why.. in.. the F$%K, do you need INTERNET CONNECTION for Krypt???

5. Towers of time pissed a lot of people. Not the difficulty, but these completely random modifiers. It is literally Test Your Luck towers multiplied many times. It is not content. It is laziness.

6. Gameplay wise. Variation system is broken. Not allowing to customize your character for ranked/tourney, led to stagnation as everyone knows, what you can use and cannot use, which led to different tourneys pretty much showing the same fights.

Also button mashing isn't being punished. I literally button mashed with Frost my first few online matches. Won no problem. I saw dude trying to play smart with me, zone me, counter me. I couldn't care less. It almost felt like playing Sektor in MK9. I could just spam same input and close my eyes. I literally won like that against my friends.

In short there is no depth in MK11 gameplay. It is brainless button mashing, dressed as "Esports" ready.

Also speaking about balance. That MK11 trailer was comedy gold.

Most used character: Scorpion
Most killed character: Scorpion

GEE I WONDER WHY. Is it possible, to play with other chars? Yeah sure. I bet if I spent my time with Frost and played her like NinjaKilla plays Liu Kang, I could play tourneys with her. But it won't change the fact that characters like Liu Kang, Scorpion, Kung Lao or Erron Black have massive advantage over her. And I thought Juri had it rough in SFV.

There is a huge difference between a character that is hard to master to be efficient and a character that lacks any meaningful tools to be effective to begin with. NRS has no clue what balancing is. The moment they hired 16BIT as QA it was clear as a day that they had zero clue, what they are doing. I remember watching him play Kitana in MK9. Gods. I understand winning by any means, but dude. Do something else apart throwing fans. No wonder MK11 is boring to watch.

Overall. MK11 is this "pretty" package that tries to scream "best shit since the sliced bread", but in reality it just uses a lot of nostalgia and abuses the fact that it has monopoly in this type of subgenre to stay afloat. It doesn't have to compete with game likes Tekken 7, as they are in two different dimensions (literally) and SFV has already claimed all the good spots. So MK11 has this nice corner of its own and NRS/WB have no idea how to grow their fanbase out of there. Everything is stagnant.

Hmmm... maybe that's what they are trying to do? Maybe they are hoping to stir enough controversy with covering up Lady Death, that game will become relevant again?

And another thing. Overall design. Ed Boon loves his super heroes and hollywood. Mortal Kombat while wasn't created as some sort of serious dark world, it had sense of mystery. It had that feel of exploring an ancient world. But MK11 is all "MODERN, HIGH TECH, HOLLYWOOD AND INTERNET MEMES!". That isn't progress. That is just twisting the original image into some perverted shit.

Not to mention... Sindel... new shitstorm is coming. So it has been officially confirmed. She is now super evil, cares about her privileges and as Tarkatan Trash would say: is a "slut", based on her intros.

Let's not forget that MK11 is supposed to continue the events after MK9/MKX...

Anyway it is a hot mess. Right now only the monopoly and the name is all that carry the game. It will most likely will receive game award as well. Not that it is hard. You can't lose in a race, when you're the only one in there.

I can guarantee, that if someone else released a similar mature fighting game, but actually put passion in it, and concentrated on FIGHTING MECHANICS not RPG ELEMENTS OF GRIND, they would beat the living shit out of MK. 30 years of legacy or not. MK11 is creative/technicall degradation.

Last edited:
Apparently, Shao Kahn's Tiger Knee was in Mortal Kombat II (arcade) as well. Guess the devs didn't let Shao Kahn use it because then it would be the "SNK Boss Syndrome" equivalent. This move juggles...

This guy (not AdmiralMcFish - Bosses and Hidden Characters) hacked MKII and made Shao Kahn playable!!!

Last edited:
Not to mention... why.. in.. the F$%K, do you need INTERNET CONNECTION for Krypt???

To answer this question alone, I'd imagine that it's to be able to refresh the chests with random things.

I can kiiiiiiiiiiinda understand that part, but I DO think that it's utter horseshit to need internet to play other SP modes, use unlocked stuff (skins and gear) or even downloaded DLC characters.
Stuff that's unlocked should be unlocked from that point on out without having to need an internet connection to verify, imo.
It's stupid that if the internet happens to go out you can't use Shang Tsung and Nightwolf.

To answer this question alone, I'd imagine that it's to be able to refresh the chests with random things.

I can kiiiiiiiiiiinda understand that part, but I DO think that it's utter horseshit to need internet to play other SP modes, use unlocked stuff (skins and gear) or even downloaded DLC characters.
Stuff that's unlocked should be unlocked from that point on out without having to need an internet connection to verify, imo.
It's stupid that if the internet happens to go out you can't use Shang Tsung and Nightwolf.

Nope. You want to randomize the content? You can simply code it that way, so it auto manages. No need for internet connection. Not to mention, now that I went through that horseshit myself, I can see that Krypt has absolutely no logical reason to have internet connection. You can simply randomize for offline and that's it.

Oh and I saw what you meant Commander. I took some towers, and yeah... Terminator appearing on every fookin tower. Amazing. Didn't spend any money on that shit, and I still have to deal with it.

Also wow. PC version just blows. Visual glitches and frame/audio stuttering? Goro lair is just amazing. I get green/yellow flashes of light during the fight. Welp. Now according to internet I have a full right to say that game suck balls.

Nope. You want to randomize the content? You can simply code it that way, so it auto manages. No need for internet connection. Not to mention, now that I went through that horseshit myself, I can see that Krypt has absolutely no logical reason to have internet connection. You can simply randomize for offline and that's it.

Oh and I saw what you meant Commander. I took some towers, and yeah... Terminator appearing on every fookin tower. Amazing. Didn't spend any money on that shit, and I still have to deal with it.

Also wow. PC version just blows. Visual glitches and frame/audio stuttering? Goro lair is just amazing. I get green/yellow flashes of light during the fight. Welp. Now according to internet I have a full right to say that game suck balls.

Ah, ok.
I don't know about coding and was just going off what sounded as a valid reason (imo), so I thought it had to be online to constantly refresh. Yeah, I agree that that's dumb, then.

Yeah, guests that I didn't pay for showing up on the Towers is annoying.
I have something ridiculous like 600 skip tokens in MK11, but I shouldn't have to use all of them on some shit DLC character that I didn't want to buy in the first fuggin' place.
MKX had it perfect in that sense: people could still use the guest characters online against others that didn't have them, yet you didn't have to see them in SP modes if you didn't want to buy them.
With MK11? No, fvck you, we'll shove the guest characters down everyone's throats.

Ah, ok.
I don't know about coding and was just going off what sounded as a valid reason (imo), so I thought it had to be online to constantly refresh. Yeah, I agree that that's dumb, then.

Yeah, guests that I didn't pay for showing up on the Towers is annoying.
I have something ridiculous like 600 skip tokens in MK11, but I shouldn't have to use all of them on some shit DLC character that I didn't want to buy in the first fuggin' place.
MKX had it perfect in that sense: people could still use the guest characters online against others that didn't have them, yet you didn't have to see them in SP modes if you didn't want to buy them.
With MK11? No, fvck you, we'll shove the guest characters down everyone's throats.

Oh yeah. The skip fight/easy fatality tokens... not only their existence is annoying, but the fact that they are part of Krypt is just.... maddening. Spent 15k on one chest. Easy fatality token! Gods, the faster I am done with it, the better.

[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] Sindel's official Bio is out. The retcon is real. They just completely screwed up the Invasion arc of the story.

Wait, what!?

Your're guys saying that if I buy some Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung, I cannot use them without the internet connection? And even though I didn't buy any guests, yet they appear in offline towers? Somehow I managed to accept the case with Krypt, but that? What is this crap!?

I planned waiting until all DLC characters are released to buy the game and have already the "full" roster (without guests obviously, so KPs are no use to me), but if this is how it looks like, I'm strongly considering staying away from this whole MK11 thing. This policy is really messed up...

Wait, what!?

Your're guys saying that if I buy some Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung, I cannot use them without the internet connection? And even though I didn't buy any guests, yet they appear in offline towers? Somehow I managed to accept the case with Krypt, but that? What is this crap!?

I planned waiting until all DLC characters are released to buy the game and have already the "full" roster (without guests obviously, so KPs are no use to me), but if this is how it looks like, I'm strongly considering staying away from this whole MK11 thing. This policy is really messed up...

For now, yeah, that's how it's set up.
I know that because I took my PS4 with me to the hotel for a work event, and when I got to the room and set it up I hadn't logged onto the WiFi yet, and Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Nightwolf were not in full color on the select screen, as if I hadn't purchased them.
As for guests showing up when you didn't purchase them, yeah it happens in the Towers.
Between that, purchased characters not working offline and them rectonning some of the character origins from MK9, those are probably 3 of my biggest pet-peeves about the game, which I otherwise love.

I'm also really hoping that they patch it once the komplete / full edition of the game comes out to make the Krypt and SP modes completely offline, but yeah, so far that's how it works.

[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] Sindel's official Bio is out. The retcon is real. They just completely screwed up the Invasion arc of the story.

Yeah, they totally f---ed up her origin story.
Invasion story of MK9 has been retconned with this stupid Bio.
I'm just gonna cough it up to be an alternate timeline Sindel and hope that her gameplay is as good as Shang Tsung and Nightwolf, and call it a day.
It's at times like this that I actually agree with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION], and Sindel might as well just be a guest character in this game, because her new bio makes NO sense with the new Trilogy (MK9 thru MK11) storyline.

Oh yeah, me and Xenon already shat on that. Complete and utter garbage.

Just shows that they don't even know what they are doing anymore.

I mean MK11 story already made me scratch my head as it is. And Skarlet having 3 different personalities/backstories in entire trilogy. But Sindel just takes the cake. This isn't just character backstory change. This is altering a CORE EVENT. 30 years of legacy, enti... just... yeah. Nah. We lost so much hope with this franchise that me and Xenon just started writing our own MK lore to cope with depression.

EDIT: Just imagine, investing YEARS into characters. And this is what they do. You can't even like characters for who they are anymore as in the next game they will be complete opposite.

Last edited:
Again, at this point I'm just considering all of the DLC characters to come from an alternate timeline.
It makes more sense that way, imo, to imagine that the DLC are all from an MK equivalent of DC Earth-2 or Earth-3, and that something like that at least seems a little bit less far fetched than some of these weird retcons.

It's a bit absurd to me how NRS just saying a little thing like "this Sindel is from another timeline" or that "she crossed over from another timeline during the battle with Kronika" in her Bio changes everything and doesn't have to retcon anything, imo

To retcon Sindel's backstory is to retcon the very plot of MK. After all, her suicide in defiance of Shao Kahn was the whole reason the latter had to accept the Elder Gods' terms for conquering Earthrealm in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk