Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I think you're thinking of Malin another KOF character who has access to the Hammer Space. Mai strictly only uses her fan in battle along with other ninja techniques. Although it would never happen but if Mai was ever playable in Mortal Kombat it wouldn't hurt Kitana at all. The two women uses their fans in a complete different manner and can co exist if they were ever in the same fighting game

Nah, she also uses hammer space, as she can take out huge items from her outfit (from somewhere). I am using movies for reference as well.

Here's another my Kombat Pack 2 idea I have with the first 3 mentioned in a leak earlier this year...

1. Ash Williams
2. Fujin
3. Sheeva
4. Sareena
5. Li Mei
6. Takeda

(I believe that's enough with the guests. Four would be good enough and should even it out for MK11.)

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier but it would be nice if Sindel has her Kwan Do back and uses it like Tanya's Naginata from MKXL. She can also use Nitara's and Tanya's split kick.

Cetrion needs to return in the next MK game as a PROTAGONIST and to truly actually stand up for virtue, life, and peace. Her type of character in MK11 makes her a complete hypocrite.

Last edited:
Here's another my Kombat Pack 2 idea I have with the first 3 mentioned in a leak earlier this year...

1. Ash Williams
2. Fujin
3. Sheeva
4. Sareena
5. Li Mei
6. Takeda

(I believe that's enough with the guests. Four would be good enough and should even it out for MK11.)

While I share your sentiment of not wanting more guests, it (unfortunately) seems like we get more and more guests with each game, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being:

Sheeva
Fujin
Ash
MK character

If it's anything like the scenario that you mentioned, though, then I'd seriously consider buying KP2.
It would be the first time that I buy a season pass / KP for an MK game in this current series of MK games.

I'm under the impression that they'll continue the trend of making a rumored/unpopular/canceled character an official character through the Kombat pack. So I'm guessing one is Tasia, No Face, Belokk, or that Zebra character.

1. Ash Williams
2. Fujin
3. Sheeva
4. Sareena
5. Li Mei
6. Takeda

Sheeva (datamined dialogue)
Fujin (datamined dialogue)
Ash Williams (datamined dialogue and hints from the actor about not being able to talk about it due to NDA)
Havik (had his assist removed, probably took Reiko's place)
Sareena (was leaked to be DLC in a leak which got a LOT of things right like Reptile in the Krypt, Jax defecting to Kronika, Scorpion killed by D'Vorah, etc.)
Doomslayer (heavily hinted at E3)

I'm under the impression that they'll continue the trend of making a rumored/unpopular/canceled character an official character through the Kombat pack. So I'm guessing one is Tasia, No Face, Belokk, or that Zebra character.

I can see Sareena filling that slot nicely for KP2.

Last edited:
People keep saying that Doomguy was hinted at during E3, but it's the dumbest reason ever. During the Doom Multiplayer showcase, the announcer said "Fight" and somehow people assumed that means he's coming to MK? Even dude above said "Heavily hinted at".
How is that heavily hinted at?

People keep saying that Doomguy was hinted at during E3, but it's the dumbest reason ever. During the Doom Multiplayer showcase, the announcer said "Fight" and somehow people assumed that means he's coming to MK? Even dude above said "Heavily hinted at".
How is that heavily hinted at?

There were MK11 cosplayers at Doom Eternal's E3 showcase, and there was a guy who wore a Doomslayer helmet, whose bodytype was suspiciously similar to Ed Boon's. And the FIGHT! sounded 90% exactly like the FIGHT! in MK games.

I don't think they'll ever go that obscure with the DLC characters.
Yeah, some of us know of those characters from Special Forces, rumors and concept art from the old days, but I would venture a guess that most casual MK players who don't follow the lore that closely would have no idea who they are.
Most people at least knew who Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Kenshi, Frost and Fujin were, prior to MKX and MK11.

What about Tremor?

Nobody knew who he was, but his design was sick enough that people liked him. I feel like the same would happen for someone like Belokk

What about Tremor?

Nobody knew who he was, but his design was sick enough that people liked him. I feel like the same would happen for someone like Belokk

The difference was that lots people were requesting characters like Tremor and Fujin ever since MK9, back in 2011.
There isn't really anyone out there begging for Belokk, No Face and Tasia to be DLC any time soon.
And, the ones that ever do end up asking for those characters may be a once-in-a-blue-moon person who may Tweet it, but there isn't really a high demand for those characters like there even is for Reiko and Havik, even after her (Tasia's) brief cameo in the MKX comics.

The difference was that lots people were requesting characters like Tremor and Fujin ever since MK9, back in 2011.
There isn't really anyone out there begging for Belokk, No Face and Tasia to be DLC any time soon.
And, the ones that ever do end up asking for those characters may be a once-in-a-blue-moon person who may Tweet it, but there isn't really a high demand for those characters like there even is for Reiko and Havik, even after her (Tasia's) brief cameo in the MKX comics.

Yes, but where did Tremor's demand come from? Nowhere. Before Mugen he had the same exact exposure as every other obscure character. Then someone made a character out of him in Mugen and his popularity exploded. The same happened for Hydro. All it takes is a little push and fans will go nuts.

I don't think they'll ever go that obscure with the DLC characters.
Yeah, some of us know of those characters from Special Forces, rumors and concept art from the old days, but I would venture a guess that most casual MK players who don't follow the lore that closely would have no idea who they are.
Most people at least knew who Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Kenshi, Frost and Fujin were, prior to MKX and MK11.

You'd be surprised at how many people I've come across that played MKX and asked "Who's Tanya?" or though she was a new character. There was a MK Youtuber I came across once who didn't know who she was. I think I immediately blocked that channel from my feed. :laugh:

Yes, but where did Tremor's demand come from? Nowhere. Before Mugen he had the same exact exposure as every other obscure character. Then someone made a character out of him in Mugen and his popularity exploded. The same happened for Hydro. All it takes is a little push and fans will go nuts.

Mortal Kombat is one of the first fighting games I can think of where people made up rumours about characters that didn't even exsist in the game. When Reptile was first discovered in MK1 it tapped into peoples imaginations and it snowballed from there. Ermac and Scarlet would have never been in later MK's if not for people claiming they where secert characters in MK1 and 2. This was before the Internet obviously. If you stop and think about it, half of the characters that exsist in MK's universe where created by fans first before NRS added them to the games.

Last edited:
There were MK11 cosplayers at Doom Eternal's E3 showcase, and there was a guy who wore a Doomslayer helmet, whose bodytype was suspiciously similar to Ed Boon's. And the FIGHT! sounded 90% exactly like the FIGHT! in MK games.

And also in Quake Champions the announcer says "Round 1! Fight!" and it also has Doomslayer in it which we know is really Ed Boon in a helmet and if you really look into that Quake logo it really looks like the Dragon Logo....

You should've just mentioned iD's Tweet instead.

So the "best fighting game of the year" is already getting free weekends. Only on Consoles too. Definitely not, because they don't want to show how shit PC and Switch versions are.

Strange that a game so full of players is already using SFV tactic of free weekends.

Yes, but again, there's no current demand for those said characters.
If there was, I'd be 100% agreeing with you.
On the other hand, because of the MKX comics and the MKX game's story mode, people have asked for more about Li Mei, Sareena, Reiko, Havik and Daegon since then.
MKX helped to put more of those characters on the public radar.

You'd be surprised at how many people I've come across that played MKX and asked "Who's Tanya?" or though she was a new character. There was a MK Youtuber I came across once who didn't know who she was. I think I immediately blocked that channel from my feed. :laugh:

Yeah, and those are likely the people that say that they "stopped playing MK after MK3," but I'd be willing bet that anyone who knew about Bo Rai Cho (from Deadly Alliance) prior to MKX releasing also knew about Tanya (from MK4) prior to MKX.
Tanya and Fujin were 2 of the highest requested post-MK3 characters for MKX DLC, so she's not really THAT obscure.
I'm sure that there are people who also went "Who the hell is Bo Rai Cho?" prior to MKX releasing, but again, those are the people who stopped playing MK around the time after MK3.

Last edited:
So the "best fighting game of the year" is already getting free weekends. Only on Consoles too. Definitely not, because they don't want to show how shit PC and Switch versions are.

Strange that a game so full of players is already using SFV tactic of free weekends.

Both Overwatch sold millions and was game of the year in 2016. It had free weekend 6-months after release. 40 million player in the span of two years. For Honor also had free weekends later the same year it was released. It's been six months for MK11 so that's not necessarily a surprise. Not to mention, SFV didn't have free weekends until 2 years later and ended up doing so badly that they had to break and make an updated edition. So free weekend means nothing.

As for as to the free trial being consoles only, that happens with nearly all titles that have free trial weekends. Steam and consoles typically have seperate free trial weekends. Switch never had a free trial as far as I'm aware of.

Injustice 2 had a free weekend trial. So did MKX iirc

Yes, but again, there's no current demand for those said characters.
If there was, I'd be 100% agreeing with you.
On the other hand, because of the MKX comics and the MKX game's story mode, people have asked for more about Li Mei, Sareena, Reiko, Havik and Daegon since then.
MKX helped to put more of those characters on the public radar..

Then we're on the same page. You said MKX had more people ask about characters like Reiko and Havik, I'm saying the same thing. The smallest cameos or exposure can push any character into fan demand. Nobody but the hardest of MK fans know who Belokk is, but that could change overnight in any number of ways.