Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

He's still wearing yellow, just has a splash of red in there now. But I get where you're coming from, and generally agree. The identifying traits of characters should remain mostly intact.

NRS is finally moving away from that idea. They're letting that decision be up to the player and I couldn't be happier. Injustice 2 showed us just how sexy Sub-Zero looks in all black or white.

mqdefault.jpg

Delicious

NRS is finally moving away from that idea. They're letting that decision be up to the player and I couldn't be happier. Injustice 2 showed us just how sexy Sub-Zero looks in all black or white.

mqdefault.jpg

Delicious

Too bad the vast majority of his gear looked awful.

mqdefault.jpg

Delicious

That looks like shit. If I wouldn't know any better I'd say that's Khrome, not Subby-Z.

I remember how hyped I‘ve been before MKX release. I‘ve read the comics though I usually don’t. Kotal was an instant newcomer favorite for me. I also liked Reiko‘s role and was certain he was going to be in MKX. Then MKX came out and the story was nothing like inside the comics. No blood magic, nothing. So can we consider the MKX comics non-canon?

I'm not Ed Boon, but I do consider non canon. At the least the details. Reiko Accords are BS Reiko did and united Outworld and Earthrealm, that's it. Not even Boon himself talk sabout the comics anymore (he actually made some comment about the conflicts, but I can't remember what), and fortunately less and less people bring it as a reliable source. NRS doesn't even mention it anymore.

The biggest flaw is the roster with way too many humans from special forces. I still don’t understand why Fujin, Rain and Baraka are not on the main roster. They appear inside story mode and one cannot say they were cameos. Their roles weren‘t much smaller than the roles of Reptile or Ermac. And they aren‘t even revenants which were left out like Sindel, Stryker Nightwolf or Smoke.

I actually don't mind having that number of SF characters if we had more kombatants as Fujin. Sonya is nice and easy to play, Johnny is also fun, Jacqui brings a new style and Cassie is dope. While Jax captures Quan Chi, as we had him, I think we could have others like Fujin. He was supposed to be in the Netherrealm, don't know why they cut him.

While I respect competitions, there are some instances where they add a character only due to a special someone. I think Ermac, Reptile, Kung Lao and Kitana were only added under this idea. I wouldn't mind at all if they had more significance and more participation. Except Kung Lao and Kitana: I think all revenants should have been DLC.

Speaking of revenants, I still don’t understand why Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana appear human on the roster with their main costumes, that aren‘t part of the story as well. How can what-if-outfits be the main thing? Why is Liu Kang old when he is a revenant? It just feels that the roster is different from story mode. This is what I want to be done better in MK11.

Everytime I hear this I sense an urge of happiness. Who had the "bright" idea of putting old Liu Kang and Kung Lao as preset characters? They look really dumb. I wish I could block those costumes, everytime I play and I face that old sassy Liu Kang I'm smh. On the other hand, Emperor Liu Kang is SICK.

I really hope that Liu and Kitana aren‘t stupidly evil just for the sake of being evil as a revenant. I hate such villains. I want them to have a personality, their reasons to be evil. Much like Raiden when he turns dark.

I don't hate them, actually, I think they have a different chance to shine. But I do hope Liu Kang and Kitana move on to a different motivation. I mean, they hate Raiden for letting them be what they are now, but they might still want to konquer Earthrealm to "save it". I think this could be interesting, but I also think it fits better only for MK11. After this, I confess I miss normal Liu Kang. His Emperor version is different than the zombie one. The latter shows no conscience, so it kinda adds sadness to his legacy, while Emperor is much more of a "hey I'm a villain now".

I hope Raiden saves him in the end. And himself (while I love Dark Raiden, he must realize the BS).

Talking about revenants, I usually come here to comment this but always forget, but I think they are a big legacy from Shinnok.

I wish some of them, maybe Liu Kang, or much better, Noob Saibot, could use Shinnok's head as a weapon.

Imagine if his limbo state head could, I don't know, conjure demons, skeletons, stun, etc.

Also, if he becomes necessary in the future and people have to fight for it.

That looks like shit. If I wouldn't know any better I'd say that's Khrome, not Subby-Z.

Yup, agreed.
Plus, that wasn’t their default palette.

Also, it’s not just about Scorpion being in gold / yellow.
Raiden, Shao Kahn and Kronika all have the gold palette, as well, and some people may like monochromatic defaults, but I’d rather have some variety in color on the roster.

I just can't understand, how do you like a Jacqui? How do you like something so bland and boring?

Can’t speak for anyone else, but as someone who mained her shotgun variation, I found her gameplay style in that variation to be fun, as I generally try out all of the roster until I find the character(s) that I connect with the best.
Sorry if we don’t all have the same “correct”opinion that you do. /s

Yup, agreed.
Plus, that wasn’t their default palette.

Also, it’s not just about Scorpion being in gold / yellow.
Raiden, Shao Kahn and Kronika all have the gold palette, as well, and some people may like monochromatic defaults, but I’d rather have some variety in color on the roster.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but as someone who mained her shotgun variation, I found her gameplay style in that variation to be fun, as I generally try out all of the roster until I find the character(s) that I connect with the best.
Sorry if we don’t all have the same “correct”opinion that you do. /s

Yeah, so far my hype levels are pretty low. Other than Shao Kahn, the character designs are weird. It's like they are trying to make the outfits more complex, but then use the most boring, repetitive and just out of touch colours and details.

Just looking more at this Scorpion, more things start to pop out. Why is he wearing all this armor, he's a ninja, not a knight. What's with the hoodie? Half of the belts he's wearing serve no purpose, as well as those weird rings that are coming out from his shoulder pads. The ropes on his shins make no sense, they wouldn't be able to hold anything that way.

Then the colours. His primary colour (yellow), should be the dominant colour. Now we have so many colours all over the place: yellow, red, grey, black, brown, gold.

Then his humongous head and mask are just popping out and almost makes me feel like he's a cosplayer who got lost in a different dimension. Also looks like he lost lots of his GAINZZZ, explains why I thought he also looked like a kid cosplaying in the trailer.

My eyes don't know where the focus, it's all over the place.

Last edited:
I'm hella excited but I agree with yall itd be stupid to have shader options this time around. At least with the ninjas. We just gone have to see how they're going do it come the 17th. I got faith in the Boon.

I mostly agree with other users concerning the looks. I don't like ninja characters to wear armor, they shouldn't feel heavy, especially such a fast moving character like Scorpion. Since Sub-Zero is more of a slower defending character it is maybe okay for him, but Scorpion shouldn't be a shiny knight.

My guess is NRS promoting them possibilities but with the exception of Shao Kahn all these modifications doesn't really suit the fighters. This gold rush is somehow unexplainable. But I still have faith and I hope there are no weird gears like in Tekken for example.

Did anybody see Scorpion's red parts inside the reveal trailer? Guess it is really part of his looks now.

Yes, not every character needs the gold palette as default.

I give you example #1.......

887CB314-3C73-439E-A18C-C28B87EB1233.jpg

Hell, even put some more brown and black on some of the other parts, if you want to make him look more brooding.

I just hope they don't go overboard with armor to make it like Injustice 2, it doesn't fit with MK

We've only really seen three characters so I'll have to reserve this "too much gold armor" complaint till after I've seen more. Personally all the designs look great, especially Scorpion.

I'll have to reserve this "too much gold armor" complaint till after I've seen more.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it, too. I hope they don't go overboard, but what I've seen so far is fine. For all we know, they're just teasing shaders and gear anyway. But I'm fine with Scorpion, Raiden is a little overboard to me but still fine, and I think it works on Shao Kahn pretty good. But I do hope it's not every character, or it's just a special shader if it is.

So they made it earlier huh? Weird since they didn't mention they were changing the time (you know besides just have a new time during the promotional material). But hey I'll take it.

Yeah I've got no problem with it. Already requested the day off weeks ago :laugh:

I'm ready for this shit.

Bloody hell. Scorpion looks like a mess. So many different styles in one place. His shin plates, look like something a medieval knight would wear. They look big and clunky. Doesn't match the top at all.
What red is even doing on Scorpion?

I really do hope, they will give an ability to customize the character.

Bloody hell. Scorpion looks like a mess. So many different styles in one place. His shin plates, look like something a medieval knight would wear. They look big and clunky. Doesn't match the top at all.
What red is even doing on Scorpion?

I really do hope, they will give an ability to customize the character.

Customization has already been confirmed. It's why I don't really see a point in complaining about the default costumes. Yeah you'll see them in story mode, but who plays that more than once anyway.

Mortal-Kombat-11-3-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Everyone will be able to make their ideal Scorpion