Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Ash Williams should have been in the game instead if Terminator. At least Ash has real flesh and bone, not a freakin' robot.

Here's another idea for DLC of MK11.

Kombat Pack 1:
- Shang Tsung
- Sindel
- Khameleon
- Cammy White (Street Fighter)
- Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
- Catwoman (DC)

Kombat Pack 2:
- Kung Jin
- Li Mei
- Sareena
- Christie (Dead Or Alive)
- Nina Williams (Tekken)
- Belladonna (Thrill Kill)

Individual DLC:
- Shao Kahn
- Kronika

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I already laughed, after seeing Cammy White on the list, but Mai Shiranui sent my sides to the orbit.

1. CAPCOM mentioned before, that they don't wanna see their characters decapitated.
2. Cammy White? Are you for real? In MK11? The place for burkas and censorship? Did you forget how Cammy looks? You know the shit MK would get for censoring Cammy's outfit? MK Females can get away with that, as their outfits would keep changing with every version, but Cammy has never officially worn pants. She would rather put on a coat during summer, than wear pants.
3. And Mai Shiranui is sooooo out of that. She is a sex symbol of video game industry. Wtf she is gonna do in the MK11? In the bastion of maturity and respect? Good luck with censoring her. Cammy would piss people off, but Mai Shiranui would be a nuke.

Also Tarkatan, just because she uses fans, doesn't mean that she would come at the expense of Kitana. She is actually a fire user. And can project shadow clones. Nothin what Kitana can do. That fan of hers is more of the prop, than a weapon.

Ah I forgot that Leatherface was one of the guest characters. But lol. Someone CLEARLY didn't watch Freddy vs Jason. While Freddy does hunt from the shadows while using psychological scare tactics, but when it comes to an actual physical fight, he can also hold his own. And same for Jason. While teenagers are his primary victims, it doesn't mean he can't fight again stronger opponents. If he was living next to the military camp it would be the same result with him. He is a brute. He might not be able to think strategically, but he is natural fighter, who will always find a way how to get to you and use environment against you. Like he did with Freddy. That makes both of them fighters. If they can fight against someone equal or stronger than them, then they are fighters.

Leatherface I do agree though. That's just a guy with a chainsaw, who can't handle one girl. He like the rest of trash, Tarkatan mentioned, don't even come close to being qualified.

Also wtf do you mean Alien "maybe". Regular xenomoprhs are the grunts/soldiers of Xenomorph species. They are the ones who do the killing and the groundwork. Their purpose is to defend the Queen, by any means.

No, I did watch that mess, unfortunately. While they have 1 movie where they actually fight each other, the majority of what Freddy and Jason are known for is killing off weaker victims in their dreams (Freddy) or killing teenagers in a camp ground (Jason).
1 movie doesn't suddenly nullify what they became famous / iconic for doing.
It's the same way that while the TMNT DID have very dark origins in the comics, it's not what they became known for / iconicized as, and it doesn't mean that Shredder would be a "perfect fit" for MK, as I've heard others say before. Sorry, but, Nickelodeon (or whomever owns the rights) isn't going to license Shredder out, just to have him killed.
Earlier days Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird? Sure.

As for Alien, I put maybe, because while I agree that they did protect the Queen and did the groundwork, the Aliens in most of the movies (except AvP) are so far superior to those that they fight against that they might as well just be the weaker camp teenagers that Jason kills. It's laughable.

Last edited:
No, I did watch that mess, unfortunately. While they have 1 movie where they actually fight each other, the majority of what Freddy and Jason are known for is killing off weaker victims in their dreams (Freddy) or killing teenagers in a camp ground (Jason).
1 movie doesn't suddenly nullify what they became famous / iconic for doing.
It's the same way that while the TMNT DID have very dark origins in the comics, it's not what they became known for / iconicized as, and it doesn't mean that Shredder would be a "perfect fit" for MK, as I've heard others say before. Sorry, but, Nickelodeon (or whomever owns the rights) isn't going to license Shredder out, just to have him killed.
Earlier days Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird? Sure.

As for Alien, I put maybe, because while I agree that they did protect the Queen and did the groundwork, the Aliens in most of the movies (except AvP) are so far superior to those that they fight against that they might as well just be the weaker camp teenagers that Jason kills. It's laughable.

Your statement makes no sense.
Nobody said anything about nullifying something. That movie added to them, not changed something. Literally majority of the movie was them doing their own thing. Killing people in sleep, killing people in dreams, etc. But once they met each other, they showed that they know how to put a fight against someone who can actually fight back. So it doesn't nullify that they are killers, or whatever. It ADDS, that they can fight someone of their own size. It means their LORE is EXPANDED. Yeah they are famous for killing teenagers, but that's not what topic is about. Question is. Can Jason and Freedy be considered as fighters? And answer is yes.
Not to mention, my bigger issue was that [MENTION=17789]Tarkatan_Trash[/MENTION] for some reason suggested some random nobodies for MK.

In short. As far as guest characters go, Jason and Freddy do make sense, as they have been shown to be able to fight. But again guest characters like that should be in a fighting game that has horror theme, instead of MK.

P.S Single Xenomoprh isn't that superior. There is a reason why they hide, when their numbers are limited. Human soldier and especially Predator could easily kill one Xenomoprh. Hell Predators have been shown to hunt Aliens in packs, while solo. Xeno strength is in numbers, not individuals strength. Even so while they are fragile in an open fight, they can still compensate for it, by using their tail or claws. So yeah, they are also in fighter, cause their match the same requirements.

Unless it is from an M rated series like DMC and RE possibly.

I meant about Street Fighter chars. During questions about MKXSF crossover, CAPCOM mentioned that they don't want Chun-Li or Ryu losing their heads.

As for DMC and RE. Yeah, they are different animals. Not to mention their character designs are realistic, so it wouldn't be that difficult to add them to MK.

Your statement makes no sense.
Nobody said anything about nullifying something. That movie added to them, not changed something. Literally majority of the movie was them doing their own thing. Killing people in sleep, killing people in dreams, etc. But once they met each other, they showed that they know how to put a fight against someone who can actually fight back. So it doesn't nullify that they are killers, or whatever. It ADDS, that they can fight someone of their own size. It means their LORE is EXPANDED. Yeah they are famous for killing teenagers, but that's not what topic is about. Question is. Can Jason and Freedy be considered as fighters? And answer is yes.
Not to mention, my bigger issue was that [MENTION=17789]Tarkatan_Trash[/MENTION] for some reason suggested some random nobodies for MK.

In short. As far as guest characters go, Jason and Freddy do make sense, as they have been shown to be able to fight. But again guest characters like that should be in a fighting game that has horror theme, instead of MK.

P.S Single Xenomoprh isn't that superior. There is a reason why they hide, when their numbers are limited. Human soldier and especially Predator could easily kill one Xenomoprh. Hell Predators have been shown to hunt Aliens in packs, while solo. Xeno strength is in numbers, not individuals strength. Even so while they are fragile in an open fight, they can still compensate for it, by using their tail or claws. So yeah, they are also in fighter, cause their match the same requirements.

I'll respectfully agree to disagree with you, then.
The only one I'll concede on is Alien, but no, horror killers like Jason, Freddy and Leatherface don't fall into either of the fighter, martial artist or warrior / soldier categories of the MK roster.
I'll also agree with you that those guests should be in a game that has a horror theme to it, but again, they don't fit well with the theme of MK.
Terminator fits as a warrior / soldier, Spawn fits as a fighter, but Joker doesn't really fit either as a fighter, martial artist, soldier or warrior.
Joker is cold, calculating, can be gory in the comics and has been in the Injustice series of games, but just because NRS can make him into a fighter for the purposes of a game doesn't mean that he IS one in his lore.

The reason Jason, Freddy and Leatherface make sense to some people is because of "gore," but once again, gore alone doesn't make those characters fighters, martial artists, warriors or soldiers in the sense of the MK theme.

Also Tarkatan, just because she uses fans, doesn't mean that she would come at the expense of Kitana. She is actually a fire user. And can project shadow clones. Nothin what Kitana can do. That fan of hers is more of the prop, than a weapon.

9931b6560655ee003e9fe7692b763351.gif

7a6316b17ba21cd8cafb62415315e2e0.gif

Enough said.

And the reason I suggest random nobodies for guest characters is simple; so that guest characters can be the biggest sales busts possible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The reason Jason, Freddy and Leatherface make sense to some people is because of "gore," but once again, gore alone doesn't make those characters fighters, martial artists, warriors or soldiers in the sense of the MK theme.

I respectfully call Bullshit on that. That wasn't the reason. It was only Leatherface that brought questions, as to what he is doing here, as he was just a fat dude with a chainsaw.

Man. You're literally denying the definition of the term "fighter". Freddy was elbow slamming and doing high kicks on Jason, while using his
hand claw to strike natural human body weakpoints (while dodging attacks). Dude was literally going mixed Martial Arts on Jason's ass. Jason himself is a brawler. Both of them had a fight between each other. They didn't run, but fought to the "death". If a person takes part in a fight, he is a fighter. So yeah, by the DEFINITION, they ARE fighters.

That's literally the definition of the fighter: "A fighter is a person who physically fights another person". Yeah they are killers, but unlike guys like Leatherface, they are also fighters. The fight between them proved that. If the fight never happened, and we would just known Jason and Freddy as teenager serial killers, I wouldn't be having this discussion with you. But alas. Freddy Vs Jason is an official movie that is considered a classic (yeah, the rest of the movie was pretty much a garbage, but people didn't watch it for the shitty drama. They watched it for the fight. And that we got) and a fight happened between them, which cemented one fact. They will face anyone that gets in the way. So yeah. They fight, so they can kill. Hence the fighters.

Anyway all those terms aside. I made myself sad again, thinking about MKXSF. Excuse me, I need to return to my corner and resume my crying over broken dreams.

9931b6560655ee003e9fe7692b763351.gif

7a6316b17ba21cd8cafb62415315e2e0.gif

Enough said.

And the reason I suggest random nobodies for guest characters is simple; so that guest characters can be the biggest sales busts possible.

Yeah, so? One of Mai Shiranui abilities is Hammer space. She takes out multiple different weapons.

Kitana's main weapon is fans and fans alone. Her entire fighting style is based on that. Mai Shiranui uses multiple weapons and her fighting style is based around her fire abilities. Basically, it's back to that argument of characters having similar abilities/weapons. Just because 2 or more characters have similar weapons/abilities, doesn't mean they can't coexist and have different fighting styles.

But then they wouldn't be guest characters, if you put random nobodies.

Ash Williams should have been in the game instead if Terminator. At least Ash has real flesh and bone, not a freakin' robot.

Here's another idea for DLC of MK11.

Kombat Pack 1:
- Shang Tsung
- Sindel
- Khameleon
- Cammy White (Street Fighter)
- Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
- Catwoman (DC)

Kombat Pack 2:
- Kung Jin
- Li Mei
- Sareena
- Christie (Dead Or Alive)
- Nina Williams (Tekken)
- Belladonna (Thrill Kill)

Individual DLC:
- Shao Kahn
- Kronika

Lol. In addition to what was already stated in regards to the idea of Cammy being in this game, if Capcom were to allow any Street Fighter character to be a guest, Ryu would surely get in before anyone else.

Lol. In addition to what was already stated in regards to the idea of Cammy being in this game, if Capcom were to allow any Street Fighter character to be a guest, Ryu would surely get in before anyone else.
Exhibit A: Super Smash Bros.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I already laughed, after seeing Cammy White on the list, but Mai Shiranui sent my sides to the orbit.

1. CAPCOM mentioned before, that they don't wanna see their characters decapitated.
2. Cammy White? Are you for real? In MK11? The place for burkas and censorship? Did you forget how Cammy looks? You know the shit MK would get for censoring Cammy's outfit? MK Females can get away with that, as their outfits would keep changing with every version, but Cammy has never officially worn pants. She would rather put on a coat during summer, than wear pants.
3. And Mai Shiranui is sooooo out of that. She is a sex symbol of video game industry. Wtf she is gonna do in the MK11? In the bastion of maturity and respect? Good luck with censoring her. Cammy would piss people off, but Mai Shiranui would be a nuke.

Ok. Good to know about Cammy and Mai. Cammy would've been working with the Special Forces and would be a good replacement for Tanya's absence for the Cannon Drill. Mai can be helping the Forces of Light. Her fatalities would involve burning her opponents alive. I don't like how NRS start to cover the women's clothes more in MKX-MK11 while Street Fighter and King of Fighter characters keep their revealing outfits on.

I still find it nice to have Nina Williams (Tekken) and Christie (Dead Or Alive) be in MK11 using fire arms and melee weapons as well. Nina can help the Special Forces or be an assassin that's manipulated by Kronika's promises. Christie can easily be an assassin that's working for either the Black Dragon (for money) or even just for Kronika (for a promise that was made).

Ok. Good to know about Cammy and Mai. Cammy would've been working with the Special Forces and would be a good replacement for Tanya's absence for the Cannon Drill. Mai can be helping the Forces of Light. Her fatalities would involve burning her opponents alive. I don't like how NRS start to cover the women's clothes more in MKX-MK11 while Street Fighter and King of Fighter characters keep their revealing outfits on.

I still find it nice to have Nina Williams (Tekken) and Christie (Dead Or Alive) be in MK11 using fire arms and melee weapons as well. Nina can help the Special Forces or be an assassin that's manipulated by Kronika's promises. Christie can easily be an assassin that's working for either the Black Dragon (for money) or even just for Kronika (for a promise that was made).

Not happening. I can safely guarantee you that. MK comes from the complete opposite of Japanese gaming culture to begin with. None of those characters will ever make to MK.

Not to mention, that none of those companies would like to see their characters split in half. Tekken and Dead Alive especially. While Ninja Gaiden series (which takes place in Dead or Alive universe), tends to be bloody, it still isn't even close to MK levels. So yeah, not happening. Unless they make deaths less gory.

I respectfully call Bullshit on that. That wasn't the reason. It was only Leatherface that brought questions, as to what he is doing here, as he was just a fat dude with a chainsaw.

Man. You're literally denying the definition of the term "fighter". Freddy was elbow slamming and doing high kicks on Jason, while using his
hand claw to strike natural human body weakpoints (while dodging attacks). Dude was literally going mixed Martial Arts on Jason's ass. Jason himself is a brawler. Both of them had a fight between each other. They didn't run, but fought to the "death". If a person takes part in a fight, he is a fighter. So yeah, by the DEFINITION, they ARE fighters.

That's literally the definition of the fighter: "A fighter is a person who physically fights another person". Yeah they are killers, but unlike guys like Leatherface, they are also fighters. The fight between them proved that. If the fight never happened, and we would just known Jason and Freddy as teenager serial killers, I wouldn't be having this discussion with you. But alas. Freddy Vs Jason is an official movie that is considered a classic (yeah, the rest of the movie was pretty much a garbage, but people didn't watch it for the shitty drama. They watched it for the fight. And that we got) and a fight happened between them, which cemented one fact. They will face anyone that gets in the way. So yeah. They fight, so they can kill. Hence the fighters.

Anyway all those terms aside. I made myself sad again, thinking about MKXSF. Excuse me, I need to return to my corner and resume my crying over broken dreams.

Well, as someone who's done martial arts for over 17 years, then I respectfully call bullshit on that.

Someone stealing a bus doesn't make them a bus driver and someone who chooses to deny having a lawyer doesn't mean that they are all of the sudden a lawyer.
Those 2 jobs take time to hone in the skills, just like all of the characters in MK took years to train and fight and become either martial artists, fighters, soldiers or warriors.
Any living being can get into a fight or defend themselves from an oncoming attack, it's called the "fight or flight response," but it doesn't mean that they are all of the sudden a "fighter." That's 100% not true.

Well, as someone who's done martial arts for over 17 years, then I respectfully call bullshit on that.

Someone stealing a bus doesn't make them a bus driver and someone who chooses to deny having a lawyer doesn't mean that they are all of the sudden a lawyer.
Those 2 jobs take time to hone in the skills, just like all of the characters in MK took years to train and fight and become either martial artists, fighters, soldiers or warriors.
Any living being can get into a fight or defend themselves from an oncoming attack, it's called the "fight or flight response," but it doesn't mean that they are all of the sudden a "fighter." That's 100% not true.

Good for you. Years of Kickboxing here.

You're using logic applied to professions, that require a degree. To be a fighter, you don't need a certificate or to be professional. Fighter can be a random street punk. If the person seeks conflict, then that makes them a fighter. If they choice of solution is by using physical force, that makes them a fighter. If they seek the fight, they are fighters.

But again. We can go back and forth with this argument. I will just follow your lead with "agree to disagree". At the end of the day it doesn't matter. As either way they don't belong in MK. Nor Spawn. Nor Terminator. Unless it is an official crossover.

Not a degree.
I was always referring to a skilled fighter, martial artist, warrior & solder who had years of training (which everyone in the MK cast has) in my previous posts whereas you were referring to any John Doe.
There's a difference between these characters that have years of training vs some rando horror characters, and that's what I'm getting at.
The example in my previous statement was pointing out how those 2 professions took some sort of training to do, not as a reference to getting a degree.

fighter / warrior category

fighter, martial artist or warrior / soldier categories

Terminator fits as a warrior / soldier, Spawn fits as a fighter, but Joker doesn't really fit either as a fighter, martial artist, soldier or warrior.

Plus, I never said that any of those belong in MK, but just pointing out why some guests "fit" with the theme of MK having skilled fighters, martial artists, warriors and soldiers and other characters not so much.
I 100% agree with you that none of them belong in the game, unless it's a cross-over.

Not a degree.
I was always referring to a skilled fighter, martial artist, warrior & solder who had years of training (which everyone in the MK cast has) in my previous posts whereas you were referring to any John Doe.
There's a difference between these characters that have years of training vs some rando horror characters, and that's what I'm getting at.
The example in my previous statement was pointing out how those 2 professions took some sort of training to do, not as a reference to getting a degree.

Plus, I never said that any of those belong in MK, but just pointing out why some guests "fit" with the theme of MK having skilled fighters, martial artists, warriors and soldiers and other characters not so much.
I 100% agree with you that none of them belong in the game, unless it's a cross-over.

No. I didn't mean that you think that they belong. I just wanted to say that this entire argument is kinda pointless anyway, as Jason and Freddy don't belong in MK game. Nor any of the guest characters.

I still don't think the long wait is that bad. It gives people to come back and play the game again when new content is added. Even Smash Bros Ultimate and Dragon Ball Fighterz had similar long waits for their DLC and people still play them.

I still don't think the long wait is that bad. It gives people to come back and play the game again when new content is added. Even Smash Bros Ultimate and Dragon Ball Fighterz had similar long waits for their DLC and people still play them.

Long wait wouldn't be bad, if people had something to do, during that time. At this point it is clear that Towers of Time isn't that content. Grinding for items you want is pain in the ass. Lots of reports of people who spent hundreds of hours playing the game, and still haven't unlocked the items they want. So long delays between characters is an additional minus, that is hurting the game.

As for Smash Bros and FighterZ... they aren't plagued by technical issues, fights are interesting to watch and has quality content. Also their communities aren't fractured. Basically MK11 at this point should be doing anything it can to salvage their reputation and at least make sure that characters come monthly. But alas. It won't happens. And because of that, player base will keep leaving.

The variation system should have died after mkx. Imagine picking a character in (insert any fighting game other than mk here) only to discover half their moves are locked to a certain variation. It baffles my mind that NRS are still pushing this agenda and before someone starts in with the custom variation crap Please Stop!. IMO just give us complete characters with larger move sets and nerf or buff them as needed. We're not playing a Rpg we're playing a fighting game.

Last edited: