Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If those Retroactive Heel Turn rumors are true, then Sindel is in "Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accident Who Shall Not Be Named" territory!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wow, wow. What rumours? Is it about her becoming into a traitor and rewriting her entire story from the last 20 years?

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

That ain't Khrome levels then. If the rumours are true, Khrome WILL WISH he was even close to that level of bullsh$t. We are talking 20 years of lore. I mean it was already idiotic how they kept changing Skarlet's background during the same Trilogy. From a Blood construct into an orphan. But Sindel is on EPIC STUPID levels.

Wow, wow. What rumours? Is it about her becoming into a traitor and rewriting her entire story from the last 20 years?

She's probably going to be released in November 26 hopefully to change her background story.

Seeing Sindel as a willing traitor disgusts me because people like that remind me of my dad's current wife... SMH

They aren't rumors. It's true. It's from the same leak that showed us all of Nightwolf's dialogue.
Then that means MK11 is completely non-canon.

This is why you NEVER let someone who's only been with the franchise for 6 years to be your primary story writer. This is why story writing should be decided based on Seniority.

This is why you NEVER let someone who's only been with the franchise for 6 years to be your primary story writer. This is why story writing should be decided based on Seniority.

And even then, MK9 and MKX were also filled with a bunch of horse-shit writing...
- Sindel killing all of the characters in the Cathedral and Nightwolf being the lone martyr that takes her out.
M'kay, sure. :roll:
- Cyrax missing from MKX story mode without an in-game explanation.
- A throw-away intro line about how Sub became human again (which is supposed to be a line regarding 1 panel of the comics that you'd miss it if you blinked).
- Absolutely 0 information regarding who Erron Black and Ferra / Torr are, save for a non-canon Klassic Tower ending.
- Raiden saying an incantation and Sonya kicking Quan Chi in the ball-sack being the key to undoing the revenants.

Vogel really didn't do THAT much better with those stories, and the only reason why people turn a blind-eye to it in MK9 was because of nostalgia blinders and the roster being Trilogy 2.0.
The fact is that they changed stuff up in MK9, as well (like the Sindel story mode thing in MK9 and Mileena and Kitana not growing up together, but now Mileena being a Shang Tsung creation), which is right along the same lines of MK11 Sindel's Bio being changed (imo) but you don't see people up in arms about that.
Again, there's blindness to nostalgia, though.

My biggest issue with the MK11 story is that they go on to use the quantum mechanics of time travel and grandfather paradox (Back To The Future theory of time travel), but yet they leave shit unexplained or as a retcon (like Goro's death and the whole death of the monks on the island), by not properly explaining things.

And even then, MK9 and MKX were also filled with a bunch of horse-shit writing...
- Sindel killing all of the characters in the Cathedral and Nightwolf being the lone martyr that takes her out.
M'kay, sure. :roll:
- Cyrax missing from MKX story mode without an in-game explanation.
- A throw-away intro line about how Sub became human again (which is supposed to be a line regarding 1 panel of the comics that you'd miss it if you blinked).
- Absolutely 0 information regarding who Erron Black and Ferra / Torr are, save for a non-canon Klassic Tower ending.
- Raiden saying an incantation and Sonya kicking Quan Chi in the ball-sack being the key to undoing the revenants.

Vogel really didn't do THAT much better with those stories, and the only reason why people turn a blind-eye to it in MK9 was because of nostalgia blinders and the roster being Trilogy 2.0.
The fact is that they changed stuff up in MK9, as well (like the Sindel story mode thing in MK9 and Mileena and Kitana not growing up together, but now Mileena being a Shang Tsung creation), which is right along the same lines of MK11 Sindel's Bio being changed (imo) but you don't see people up in arms about that.
Again, there's blindness to nostalgia, though.

My biggest issue with the MK11 story is that they go on to use the quantum mechanics of time travel and grandfather paradox (Back To The Future theory of time travel), but yet they leave shit unexplained or as a retcon (like Goro's death and the whole death of the monks on the island), by not properly explaining things.
Vogel was there in the beginning. That fact alone makes him superior to Kittelsen.

Vogel was there in the beginning. That fact alone makes him superior to Kittelsen.

Seniority or not, at least Kittelsen gave Reiko, Daegon and Scorpion a bit more of an interesting story progression in the comics than was seen prior. Not to mention delving into the story of King Gorbak and the Shokans (in general).
The MKX comics were the first time since MK3 that I actually gave a shit about Scorpion not being a selfish douche and finally mentoring someone, for once.
It's a shame that none of the awesome MKX comic writing transferred as much into MKX or into MK11, but yeah, I preferred the MKX comics storyline over the MKX story, and that also speaks volumes, imo.

If we're being real with ourselves, (Vogel or no Vogel) the MK lore went downhill after Tobias left, as he was the one who came up with the lore, settings and character designs up until MK4.

Kittlesten gave us the most heartfelt moment in Mortal Kombat to date. And he did it with the most monstrous characters in the series

Firefox-Screenshot-2019-09-05-T07-46-09-662-Z.png

Firefox-Screenshot-2019-09-05-T07-45-51-356-Z.png

Firefox-Screenshot-2019-09-05-T07-57-44-903-Z.png

I don't believe the screwups here are his fault alone. We saw what he could do mostly alone with the MKX comic, and it was LEAGUES better than the official game. I think this is just butting heads

Last edited:
I don't believe the screwups here are his fault alone. We saw what he could do mostly alone with the MKX comic, and it was LEAGUES better than the official game. I think this is just butting heads

Agreed, I also think it was more of ideas butting heads.

I mean, the whole blood dagger storyline was also pretty awesome, and I wish that they would have continued that into the MKX story.
Not to mention, we also got to see other characters make a cameo that would have otherwise not been seen in either MKX or MK11 (so far, according to the data mining), such as Tasia, Kai and Havik.

Yeah... Mileena and Sindel retcons can't be even compared.

Mileena still remains the sister of Kitana. They only changed when they met.

Sindel retcon is a major plot mess. Sindel died to protect other Realms from the same fate as Edenia. And then she was turned evil against her will by Shao Kahn. Her retcon now makes it so, that she was a traitor, which means she never sacrificed herself for Earthrealm (why would she, if she betrayed her own Realm?), which makes MK9 not make sense, but again NRS has showed multiple times that they are distancing themselves from MK9.... which is just wow.

As for writer. Seniority means jack shit. There are people that spend decades in their posts and suck their jobs, while some greenhorn who barely worked for a year, does a way better job. What they need is a writer that understands Tobias vision. And also get rid of all the pandering... which won't happen.

MK11 story is a clusterf$%k at this point. Forced relationships, that came out of nowhere. Too many events that got skipped. Characters dead, and only thing you get is intro explanation, other characters have the most idiotic motivations like... sigh... Frost. Who just wanted attention. I mean who writes this shit? I really doubt that the same guy that wrote MKX comics, also wrote MK11 storyline. I saw zero brilliance of MKX comics in MK11. He probably didn't even get to write anything properly. But again, what to expect? MK is now coming out like some COD. Quality will obviously will drop.

I already see people posting fake leaks for KP2 when I doubt NRS has even started it on yet (probably besides Fujin and Sheeva). One leak from 4chan (that got deleted) claims that the KP2 line up is Fujin, Sheeva, Havik, Ash, Pyramid Head and Doomslayer. I smell total BS.

I'm not going to call any leak BS anymore, simply for the fact that when we read the first humongous leak months ago which had almost all the DLC right (Joker, Ash, Spawn, Terminator, Sindel, Nightwolf, Reiko, Sareena, Sheeva, Fujin), almost everyone (myself included) said "what a bunch of fake horseshit".

And lo and behold, the leak turned out to be 85% true.

So I'm not calling the Pyramid Head leak fake just yet.

Anyways, MY take on the KP2 is …

1) Fujin (datamined)
2) Sheeva (datamined)
3) Ash Williams (datamined)
4) Sareena (was mentioned as DLC in the old leak, has no assist in the game)
5) Havik (his assist was removed - my guess is he took Reiko's place because Reiko was too similar to Shao Kahn in design and concept)
6) Doomslayer (a Doom/MK collaboration was heavily hinted at this year's E3)

While we were arguing about Story, it appears that one thing that didn't get mentioned here was a Kombat League exploit where losers would highlight the Forfeit Set option and let the clock run out for the sole purpose of frustrating the winner into quitting, thereby screwing the winner out of both the win and the points.

This was discovered over Labor Day weekend, and it was also discovered that you could counter that exploit by changing your account on PS4 while you were stuck like this, which would give you your win and the points that went with it.

I'm not going to call any leak BS anymore, simply for the fact that when we read the first humongous leak months ago which had almost all the DLC right (Joker, Ash, Spawn, Terminator, Sindel, Nightwolf, Reiko, Sareena, Sheeva, Fujin), almost everyone (myself included) said "what a bunch of fake horseshit".

And lo and behold, the leak turned out to be 85% true.

So I'm not calling the Pyramid Head leak fake just yet.

Anyways, MY take on the KP2 is …

1) Fujin (datamined)
2) Sheeva (datamined)
3) Ash Williams (datamined)
4) Sareena (was mentioned as DLC in the old leak, has no assist in the game)
5) Havik (his assist was removed - my guess is he took Reiko's place because Reiko was too similar to Shao Kahn in design and concept)
6) Doomslayer (a Doom/MK collaboration was heavily hinted at this year's E3)

Sorry, but I'm still not buying any "leaks" without solid evidence to back it up, even if the leak you speak of turned out to be true. After what [MENTION=28630]Rhizodus[/MENTION] pulled off, I'm not letting my guard down under any circumstances.

Yeah... Mileena and Sindel retcons can't be even compared.

Mileena still remains the sister of Kitana. They only changed when they met.

Sindel retcon is a major plot mess. Sindel died to protect other Realms from the same fate as Edenia. And then she was turned evil against her will by Shao Kahn. Her retcon now makes it so, that she was a traitor, which means she never sacrificed herself for Earthrealm (why would she, if she betrayed her own Realm?), which makes MK9 not make sense, but again NRS has showed multiple times that they are distancing themselves from MK9.... which is just wow.

As for writer. Seniority means jack shit. There are people that spend decades in their posts and suck their jobs, while some greenhorn who barely worked for a year, does a way better job. What they need is a writer that understands Tobias vision. And also get rid of all the pandering... which won't happen.

MK11 story is a clusterf$%k at this point. Forced relationships, that came out of nowhere. Too many events that got skipped. Characters dead, and only thing you get is intro explanation, other characters have the most idiotic motivations like... sigh... Frost. Who just wanted attention. I mean who writes this shit? I really doubt that the same guy that wrote MKX comics, also wrote MK11 storyline. I saw zero brilliance of MKX comics in MK11. He probably didn't even get to write anything properly. But again, what to expect? MK is now coming out like some COD. Quality will obviously will drop.

"I'm not waiting centuries for the people to get woke!"
"Go back to the 90s!"
"Jetpacks!!!"
"By the Elder Gods!!"
"Kotal, I'm here!!!"
"Because they weren't you!!"
"She did it!! Of course she would!!"
"The Tarkatans are long gone!"
"Still a (st)ripper!!"
"You ignored me for my entire life!!"
"Miss me little brother??"
"Stop calling them fans!!"