Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Welp, we'll be getting some Nightwolf info on Thursday, per Boon's Twitter.

As for waiting for DLC, if I've waited for 22 years for an original Fujin with new Fatalities, what's another few months (if the data mining is real)?

We gotta remember, during MK9 they did some communication to give assurance to fans. When Freddy got announced, that's when people got pissed and started saying stuff like "If I knew he would be the fourth character, I wouldn't have purchased the season pass." There was also a lot of issues that people had with the attire of the female characters (which I'll get back too soon). So for MKX, they did a s*** ton of communication. The adjusted all of the females' attires to be more mature and less sexual like people asked for. We got tid bits of information literally ever week except sometime in October until Dec/Jan. Gave out so much information to the point that they over promised on a lot of things that turned out to be lies (whether unintentionally or otherwise). Because of that, they had to make many changes during that time (like fixing an unfinished Tanya and fixing the PC port) and even remove some other stuff (like Season 3 of Legacy, year 2 of the comic, and the web series). So now with MK11, we're begging and questioning and wondering when the game would be revealed and got nothing until December. You have people complaining about costumes again, except for the exact opposite reasoning as MK9 due to the current climate of hating on games to push agendas and whoever-the-hell decided to say that the changes were to push an agenda rather than just stating that these changes already existed in MKX due to complaints in MK9. So now, we want any and all information and because they have to carefully decide what to say so they don't get flak it's starting to have negative repercussions on both sides. We get no information so it feels dry and slow. They give no information so they get bombarded until they do.

The only that seriously whined about MK9 costumes, were some crappy bloggers that didn't even play the game. While I was one of the people that wanted a more practical outfit, I asked for an option, not just override entire game.

"whoever-the-hell decided to say that the changes were to push an agenda"

Say thanks to Steve Beran. Art Director of Netherrealm studio. Couldn't shut his f%cking mouth. They actually would have gotten away with the costumes, and entire issue would have been in echo chamber, just like MKX costumes (cause people complained about them as well), but he had to straight up lie to people and treat them like idiots, which led to outrage and people crapping on NRS. So yeah. They dug that hole themselves.

And also seriously, dude? Game has political references in their intros, one of the endings suddenly talks about getting woke, and you're telling me there is no political agenda? Ok.

Welp, we'll be getting some Nightwolf info on Thursday, per Boon's Twitter.

As for waiting for DLC, if I've waited for 22 years for an original Fujin with new Fatalities, what's another few months (if the data mining is real)?

Here is hoping you won't get same treatment I got with Frost after waiting for her for 8 years. Only to get shat on.

And also seriously, dude? Game has political references in their intros, one of the endings suddenly talks about getting woke, and you're telling me there is no political agenda? Ok.

I would believe that if Nightwolf & Baraka never had the exact same endings. Are the political intros using current day slogans corny? Absolutely. But using the word woke don't mean is specifically meant to be polical though. Remove the line with the word woke and it's still the same ending.

I would believe that if Nightwolf & Baraka never had the exact same endings. Are the political intros using current day slogans corny? Absolutely. But using the word woke don't mean is specifically meant to be polical though. Remove the line with the word woke and it's still the same ending.

Mah man, for real?

1. Baraka is part of a fictional race. Jax touches upon our human history. Video games are escapism not political agendas with moral lessons.

2. "But using the word woke don't mean is specifically meant to be polical though. " You sure?

Let me check the definition of Woke.

woke
/wəʊk/

verb

alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

Mah man. Game is political af. Come on seriously? We literally had devs for MONTHS tell us who are real fans and who are not. Telling how it is unrealistic to enter a battlefield with a bikini, and then they proceed to add high heels for females and show us half naked males.

Saying that MK11 isn't political is the same as saying that Loot Boxes aren't gambling. It is political and that shit is literally going over the edges.

If MKX was the "The Force Awakens" then
MK11 is the "The Last Jedi" of Mortal Kombat

MKX was at least pure game and didn't tie up with real world politics. Yeahm sure they changed female outfits. But you could have easily taken that as a artistic choice. Nobody with common sense, has an issue with artistic change. Does it suck? Yeah. But it ain't the end of the world, and devs didn't press on that.

But when you have devs, literally shitting on players by saying "Dissapointed? No regrets" or you're not a real fan... bro...

Also MK11 JAX was an assassination of a character. He actually had one of the most interesting arcs in MKX. From broken man, he went back to a badass, by LITERALLY beating his demons. And then somehow he turned into a traitorous loser in MK11... WHO WRITES THIS SHIT?

And then for SOME REASON, he decides to make a Wakanda. Literally rewriting human history. Eh...

It is political. You can deny it, you can close your eyes and cover your ears. But MK11 is political. Hence why Boon ran around shitting on MK9 (which btw was the most mentioned game, when Boon asked people which MK was their favorite) and hence why when describing Kronika, he kept pushing this idiotic statement.

"She is the first FEMALE BOSS" Oh really? That's all you got to sell her? Ok.

P.S Just to make sure, I am not going at you for saying that. Just venting at the entire thing that is MK11 now.

Last edited:
[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] Best part was replacing Cage's OK sign with a middle finger. Somehow that is less offensive to those idiots. As long as it's not the Nazis! :rofl:
You also forgot to mention how they watched Anita "I'm not a gamer, but please give me handouts EA" Sarkeesian.

They didn't just drink the SJW kool-aid, they got high on it. "Make Outworld Great Again" :lol: Yup definitely no politics. :lol: How about making it purple instead, like in MK2...

Here is hoping you won't get same treatment I got with Frost after waiting for her for 8 years. Only to get shat on.

I can empathize as a fan of the character and wanting that character to be better done and not getting what you were hoping for, and I'm sorry that happened with Frost for you.

As for Fujin, (for me) it's gotten to the point where it's enough trolling / teasing for 3 games straight in a row and I just want to see what he'll look like with a customizable move set and variations. As a fan of the character I'm prepared for the worst, but then again, NRS really surprised me with Shang Tsung.
Ninja moves and valid complaints about people not having those characters fully in (Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Smoke), I've enjoyed his other variations a lot. From not being a huge Tsung fan to him being 1 of my mains in MK11 is a BIG improvement, in my book.

With the DLC characters NRS are usually putting so much of their focus into those individual characters that they are getting ready to release that they usually end up being better than some of the main roster characters, so my hope is that he comes out well done.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]

Didn't they say that characters take around 1 month to make on one of those Kombat Kasts? While I do agree and see your explanation plausible, I am thinking that they are just trying to prolong game's life by dangling the carrot for a bit longer. They are trying to stretch out the hype. Or they are running on skeletal crew now and already putting resources in Injustice 3 development.

Either way it is still pretty bad. If people are getting this pissed at DLC release dates, it just says that game isn't keeping them interested enough to distract them from long waiting times.

Ed said that it's not their choice (likely regarding the prolonging of DLC) just recently, so it's definitely a WB thing and not a NRS thing.

"Another update:

MK11 players waiting to hear news about DLC characters. We know this timing isn't ideal and FWIW this isn't our choice. But thanks for hanging in there with us. Things are still looking good for the Nightwolf game-play trailer tomorrow. Stay tuned..."

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1156626012286771200?s=20

Last edited:
Ed said that it's not their choice (likely regarding the prolonging of DLC) just recently, so it's definitely a WB thing and not a NRS thing.

"Another update:

MK11 players waiting to hear news about DLC characters. We know this timing isn't ideal and FWIW this isn't our choice. But thanks for hanging in there with us. Things are still looking good for the Nightwolf game-play trailer tomorrow. Stay tuned..."

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1156626012286771200?s=20

Are we seriously believing anything this liar is saying? He has a pretty long track record of empty promises and lies.

Also pretty safe way of saying. "This isn't our choice". What isn't your choice? It can be multiple things. Yeah, sure it can be the evil WB. The perfect scapegoat. Or maybe they mean that they are missing the deadlines? Maybe they aren't as fast? Maybe their resources are split right now, if that interview was anything to believe in about new Mortal Kombat game coming out with the movie?

Ed Boon is a lying sack of shit, and ANYTHING he says should be double checked. We already learned that NRS were so busy virtue signaling, that they forgot to treat their contractors like human beings and then proceeded to launch and investigation on themselves (which never concluded, I might add) to silence the reports. So unless we get multiple confirmations that this is the case, Ed Boon's tweet holds no legitimacy.

I mean.. let's do some past searching.

Ed Boon lied about PC quality. For both MKX and MK11.
NRS promised proper updates this time, saying how fast QLOC is working and etc. Day 1 patch for PC came almost 2 weeks later.
Ed Boon said that there will be no fighting unplayable characters in story mode. We got Cyrax and Sektor. So that was a lie, obviously.

Like... legit. And unfortunately I could go on, just don't much time right now. But at this point, I legit believe that they are just running late and making up excuses. NOT OUR CHOICE. Yeah, SURE.

I get that he's a troll, but let's not act like they don't answer to anyone.
They DO have to answer to WB and if WB is having them delay stuff to match certain releases (aka Terminator in November), then it's very possible / plausible that the delays or on purpose by WB and not ideally what NRS' schedule would have been.
You've already made up your mind that he's the most evil developer on the planet and out to screw you at every angle between the PC port issues (which aren't done in-house), Frost (which I can empathize with) and various other things, though, so there's no changing your mind.

On a different note, here's the latest Nightwolf trailer......

They DO have to answer to WB and if WB is having them delay stuff to match certain releases (aka Terminator in November), then it's very possible / plausible that the delays or on purpose by WB and not ideally what NRS' schedule would have been.
You've already made up your mind that he's the most evil developer on the planet and out to screw you at every angle between the PC port issues (which aren't done in-house), Frost (which I can empathize with) and various other things, though, so there's no changing your mind.

On a different note, here's the latest Nightwolf trailer......

He's also made up his mind that he hates Mortal Kombat as a brand.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oh, he has been trolling! My bad. Sorry. From where I come from we call that false advertisement and lying, but again that's just me and my uncultured trashland. He was just trolling all this time. Yeah. I am just being overzealous at him and NRS, for making me waste the one resource I cannot refund. You know. The thing called time.

Oh and yes. PC porting has nothing to do with NRS using their "highly modified" Unreal Engine 3, that is literally causing problems for porters. Because somehow even QLOC one of the most trusted porters, decided to go High Voltage on us and just give PC players shit port.

It was that damn WB that made NRS key programmer lie on Twitter, that the reason why they don't go Unreal Engine 4, is because it would take years to redo everything. (Everyone that actually uses Unreal Engine 4, knows that that excuse is horseshit. But again. The guy, just like Ed Boon is trolling)

I bet WB were holding a gun to NRS head, when Ed Boon went to Playboy magazine and shat on MK9, or when Steve Berran told disappointed fans "No regrets" and how they were immature and disrespectful in the past.

You're right. Apologies. I rest my case. I was just being overzealous little boi, that couldn't understand some good old fashioned trolling.

Now excuse me, kind sir. I have some trolling to do myself.

Holy shit!
I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps there's more going on in the background, since we don't work there and it seemed like he was being sincere about apologizing.
Wasn't there a report that came out recently that stated how NRS employees were being over-worked?
Perhaps they caught some backlash for it?
Perhaps there are other things going on that we don't know about?

I understand your frustration about the whole PC / QLOC situation and I'm not making light of it, either.
I'm just saying that the PC port isn't done in-house.
Should they have dome a better job with QA and making sure that it was as perfect as it could be prior to releasing it?
Abso-fvcking-lutely, I'm not negating that.

As for Beran, why is he specifically even being brought up when your whole tirade was about Boon being a "lying sack of shit?"

Holy shit!
I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps there's more going on in the background, since we don't work there and it seemed like he was being sincere about apologizing.
Wasn't there a report that came out recently that stated how NRS employees were being over-worked?

I understand your frustration about the whole PC / QLOC situation and I'm not making light of it, either.
Should they have dome a better job with QA and making sure that it was as perfect as it could be prior to releasing it?

As for Beran, why is he specifically even being brought up when your whole tirade was about Boon being a "lying sack of shit?"
Come on now. There's no point reasoning with someone who hates Mortal Kombat so much that he registered here for the specific purpose of spreading anti-MK propaganda because he wants every game to fail. And no, his hatred of MK isn't just limited to WB, NRS, Edward John Boon, or anything like that. He hates the Mortal Kombat brand, he hates the Mortal Kombat name, and he hates everything about Mortal Kombat.

Holy shit!

Apologies. That was completely uncalled off. Actually I am surprised I blew up like that. I didn't think I still had that in me. I guess Ed Boon "trolling" was the trigger word.

Anyway. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to jump on you. Was just venting out again.

Come on now. There's no point reasoning with someone who hates Mortal Kombat so much that he registered here for the specific purpose of spreading anti-MK propaganda because he wants every game to fail. And no, his hatred of MK isn't just limited to WB, NRS, Edward John Boon, or anything like that. He hates the Mortal Kombat brand, he hates the Mortal Kombat name, and he hates everything about Mortal Kombat.

You drunk? Or just issues with memory?

You drunk? Or just issues with memory?
Damn near every post you've made since you signed up here has called into question how much of an MK fan you really are. Last time I checked, being a fan meant being a fan of the brand, and I'm most definitely calling your brand loyalty into question.

I'm going to ask this. Do you want the Mortal Kombat brand to fail commercially at all? If the answer is anything other than "FVCK NO", then that means you hate the MK brand.

Damn near every post you've made since you signed up here has called into question how much of an MK fan you really are. Last time I checked, being a fan meant being a fan of the brand, and I'm most definitely calling your brand loyalty into question.

I'm going to ask this. Do you want the Mortal Kombat brand to fail commercially at all? If the answer is anything other than "FVCK NO", then that means you hate the MK brand.

Yep, you're having issues with the memory.

MK3 was the very first fighting game I got to touch. Signed up here in 2013 after MK9 release. Talking nothing, but praise about it. Oh of course, I guess me stating that I wasn't a fan of MK9 female outfits, is the same as hating MK brand. Ok got it. Can't have different preferences or opinion.

MKX announcement. Fangirled here with everyone. MKX launch. Was one of the idiots that spent months defending shitty ass launch. Hanged on to the hope until December announcement, where we were told that PC can eat shit.

My deviantart page speaks for itself. Years of works and mods for MK, hell even did that cringeworthy Frost trailer. With "voice acting" and weeks of work in drawing the scenes. What the f%ck you have to show? Madafawka, you have Star Wars avatar on MK forum.

You're in no place to tell me if I am a fan or not. Literally anyone in this forum is a bigger fan, than your sorry a$$. You're the only one who thinks he can tell people, what to like or how shit must roll. I might have explosive opinions, but I would never be so f%cking ret@rted as to tell someone who is a fan or not. So do me a favor and shove your worthless judgement up your bum a$$.

Yep, you're having issues with the memory.

MK3 was the very first fighting game I got to touch. Signed up here in 2013 after MK9 release. Talking nothing, but praise about it. Oh of course, I guess me stating that I wasn't a fan of MK9 female outfits, is the same as hating MK brand. Ok got it. Can't have different preferences or opinion.

MKX announcement. Fangirled here with everyone. MKX launch. Was one of the idiots that spent months defending shitty ass launch. Hanged on to the hope until December announcement, where we were told that PC can eat shit.

My deviantart page speaks for itself. Years of works and mods for MK, hell even did that cringeworthy Frost trailer. With "voice acting" and weeks of work in drawing the scenes. What the f%ck you have to show? Madafawka, you have Star Wars avatar on MK forum.

You're in no place to tell me if I am a fan or not. Literally anyone in this forum is a bigger fan, than your sorry a$$. You're the only one who thinks he can tell people, what to like or how shit must roll. I might have explosive opinions, but I would never be so f%cking ret@rted as to tell someone who is a fan or not. So do me a favor and shove your worthless judgement up your bum a$$.
I'm not the one who ever threatened to boycott MK at any point. You did, and THAT is what calls your fanhood into question. A true fan does his/her part in ensuring the success of the brand unconditionally, and at all times.