Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

TRMK's gotta be on its last legs. Site has never been more dead :sad:

Probably.
The site's front page hasn't been updated since before MKX dropped and just about every reveal, FGC event or piece of info that you'd want in regards to MK11 can alternatively be found on reddit.

I still read the forum every week or two, I just haven't played MKX for months and I haven't bought MK11.

Which is why the site feels dead.
Aside from the same usual 10~15 people here, there's not much going on, and MK11 is only 2 1/2 months old.
Evo is next month, for example, and where's the info or website update for that?

Things I love about Mortal Kombat 11:

Skins/kustomizing

Fatalities

Towers of Time

Krypt

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa voicing Shang Tsung

Many of the endings

Cetrion

Things I strongly dislike about Mortal Kombat 11:

Story mode

That's pretty much it. Here's what I dislike about the story.

- Killing off Sonya

- Another retcon

- The time merger

- Not having revenants as the villains

- Getting rid of Dark Raiden

- Killing off Hanzo

- Stopping Kotal from acting like an emperor

This may be the best Mortal Kombat I've ever played, and it's a shame a game great in so many ways had one of, if not my least favorite story in the franchise.

Things I love about Mortal Kombat 11:

Skins/kustomizing

Fatalities

Towers of Time

Krypt

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa voicing Shang Tsung

Many of the endings

Cetrion

Things I strongly dislike about Mortal Kombat 11:

Story mode

That's pretty much it. Here's what I dislike about the story.

- Killing off Sonya

- Another retcon

- The time merger

- Killing off Hanzo

This may be the best Mortal Kombat I've ever played, and it's a shame a game great in so many ways had one of, if not my least favorite story in the franchise.

Agreed if there was the KLASSIC RUN BUTTON (and not that BS button input in MKX).

Here's what I dislike about the story.

- Killing off Sonya

- Another retcon

- The time merger

- Killing off Hanzo

My bigger issue with the story was things like:

1) Goro being dead not being properly explained -
I'm just supposed to accept the plot-hole that Goro is dead because "everyone on Shang Tsung's Island miraculously died at the same time that he did," despite Goro being alive at the end of the MKX comics (seeking the help of Daegon) and being playable in MKX?
Ok, sure, let's go with that.

2) Cetrion being more useless in the MK11 story than Jacqui in MKX -
Sorry, but if you hate on Jacqui's story involvement in MKX but have no issue with Cetrion in MK11, you're a hypocrite, because Cetrion was utterly useless trash in the whole scope of MK11's story.

3) The biggest issue that I had with MK11's story though, was, as Metallica would say "....and nothing else matters" -

Spoiler:
BOTH old and young Kano, Sonya and old Hanzo Hasashi died? Damn, those were some good / ballzy character deaths for NRS to do.
Sheeva has a bit of a minor, but good character build to her? Cool.
Kitana defeats Shao Kahn to become Kitana Kahn? Something she should have done a long time ago, but neat to see.

Oh, wait! Who gives a flying shit?
Liu Kang, Kitana and Raiden get to re-write all of MK history, anyways. :roll:

Who else found the Tarkatan Army tower in Gauntlet to be rather easy? I only had to restart once and had a brutality every time besides that.

Now, the Shao Kahn Gauntlet, that's a different story.

I'm just supposed to accept the plot-hole that Goro is dead because "everyone on Shang Tsung's Island miraculously died at the same time that he did," despite Goro being alive at the end of the MKX comics (seeking the help of Daegon) and being playable in MKX?

Sorry, but if you hate on Jacqui's story involvement in MKX but have no issue with Cetrion in MK11, you're a hypocrite, because Cetrion was utterly useless trash in the whole scope of MK11's story.

3) The biggest issue that I had with MK11's story though, was, as Metallica would say "....and nothing else matters" -

Spoiler:
BOTH old and young Kano, Sonya and old Hanzo Hasashi died? Damn, those were some good / ballzy character deaths for NRS to do.
Kitana defeats Shao Kahn to become Kitana Kahn? Something she should have done a long time ago, but neat to see.

I'd rather have Belladonna (from Thrill Kill) defeat Kronika and become the Keeper of Time. I can only imagine the S&M the worlds would be in! ;)

What was your prize for winning the Tarkatan Army tower? I don't remember if I've done that one yet.

I'm on the one where you have to do your fatal blow but your opponents have the ability to kill you in like, two hits.

Spoiler:

Not sure how you figure that Jacqui was useless. There's a reason Kung Jin and Takeda's bum asses didn't make it into MK11 but she did...

What was your prize for winning the Tarkatan Army tower? I don't remember if I've done that one yet.

I'm on the one where you have to do your fatal blow but your opponents have the ability to kill you in like, two hits.

It was probably something to do with Baraka. I am stuck on trying to get a flawless victory on Scorpion and Sub Zero.

Not sure how you figure that Jacqui was useless. There's a reason Kung Jin and Takeda's bum asses didn't make it into MK11 but she did...

I'm an MKX Jacqui main (Shotgun), and I had no issue with he in the MKX story.

I never intended to imply that I had an issue with Jacqui and I should have probably worded that better, but rather that there were some people on here and reddit both who talked mad shit about her involvement in MKX, and yet Cetrion was useless as fvck in the MK11 story.

I'm an MKX Jacqui main (Shotgun), and I had no issue with he in the MKX story.

I never intended to imply that I had an issue with Jacqui and I should have probably worded that better, but rather that there were some people on here and reddit both who talked mad shit about her involvement in MKX, and yet Cetrion was useless as fvck in the MK11 story.

Ah, I see now. I was super confused because I thought Jacqui was a great addition to both, MKX and MK11. In MKX, she was another one of the Kombat kids ready to take the mantle of her predecessor but in MK11, she added to the story in 2 pretty big ways:

1. Being Cassie's second in command and successfully leading the mission into the Netherrealm
2. Giving Jax a moral dilemma (do I betray Earthrrealm or do I side with my daughter), which in term, added more to his character.