Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Not only do I doubt the sincerity of that 'rule' (i.e. I think they will do repeat DLC), but it simply won't matter because it seems a lot of people will buy DLC regardless.

Not only do I doubt the sincerity of that 'rule' (i.e. I think they will do repeat DLC), but it simply won't matter because it seems a lot of people will buy DLC regardless.
For all we know, that "rule" may have only been in effect for MKX.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There is absolutely no way in hell this 'rule' exists, other than maybe existing for MKX. I mean, think about it: once they go through all the characters as DLC, they'll never again have DLC characters because all of them were DLC at least once! This makes no sense!

There is absolutely no way in hell this 'rule' exists, other than maybe existing for MKX. I mean, think about it: once they go through all the characters as DLC, they'll never again have DLC characters because all of them were DLC at least once! This makes no sense!

Exactly.

I'm certain he was meaning not having the same dlc from MK9 in MKX.

Case closed?

Kombat Kast Stream is going on.

By the looks of it, each ninja ability in the Shang Tsung trailer takes up 1 ability slot, so 3 out of the 4 abilities can be used at a time.
Tele-Slam (Ermac), Parry (Smoke), Slide (Reptile) and Roundhouse (Rain).
Reptile's Slide replaces Shang's normal slide in MK11 (he has a mid-range slide now), with the amplified version including the drop-kick.
Reptile Slide can be Krushing Blow'ed into.
The trailer made it look like he'd seamlessly morph into all 4 ninjas in a single variation, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and he seems to have a neat Throw Brutality.

I imagine that rules out those four ninjas then.

I dunno what to think, honestly.

I re-watched the stream again and the way that Stephanie worded it made it seem like the 4 ninjas were individually added to each loadout, but it could also just be that Smoke and Rain take up 1 joined slot and Ermac and Reptile's moves also take up another joined slot.

I wasn't expecting Ermac or Reptile at least. Because NRS has never had a character that was in the base roster in one of their games be DLC in the very next game. MKX didn't have any missing MK9 characters be DLC(not counting Triborg). Same for Injustice 2.

Actually, asking for NRS employees to be fired is actually a far more civil way to go about it, but if recent reports about labor conditions are to be believed, I'd say firing those employees would actually be doing them a favor (though this appears to be an industry wide problem and not an NRS oly problem).

That Reiko dude on the other hand threatened to commit a sex crime.

WHAAAAAT???!!!!!

Is that why?

I don't know what happened but I'd love a link regarding that.

Nonetheless, it's very stupid just for a character.

WHAAAAAT???!!!!!

Is that why?

I don't know what happened but I'd love a link regarding that.

Nonetheless, it's very stupid just for a character.
In the weeks leading up to MKX's release, one Reiko fan threatened to rape Shaun Himmerick's wife on Twitter if he wasn't in the game. Himmerick quit Twitter for good after this.

As previously mentioned, this incident was covered heavily on these forums (you'd probably have to check the MKX media thread), and some of us even saw it happen ourselves.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this particular incident was also covered by gaming media outlets. Here's an article from Kotaku.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting Ermac or Reptile at least. Because NRS has never had a character that was in the base roster in one of their games be DLC in the very next game. MKX didn't have any missing MK9 characters be DLC(not counting Triborg). Same for Injustice 2.

To be fair, though, they're in just about the same boat as Triborg (but rather as single-move cameos).

Also, with only 27 Trilogy playable characters from the old timeline, some of them are bound to be DLC if NRS wants to introduce characters like Cetrion, Kollector and Geras in future games, because people would rather shit on post-MK3 characters, rather than giving them a 2nd chance to shine with kustom variations.
MK11 has just 1 post-MK3 debut / PS2 era character: Frost.
That's it!

Last edited:
Stephanie mentions that Sindel is next in the Kombat Kast. We will probably get a trailer for her at E3 and they will probably announce the final two guest fighters as well.

Stephanie mentions that Sindel is next in the Kombat Kast. We will probably get a trailer for her at E3 and they will probably announce the final two guest fighters as well.

Probably.

Also, I don't know how likely it is, but Bruce Campbell showing up at the MK booth while his character is revealed at E3 would be really huge.
I'm just throwing out speculation.
Supposedly Shang Tsung will also be playable at E3 for people at the show.

I think the DLC will be the orders the names were shown in the Shang Tsung trailer.

July - Nightwolf
August - Sindel
September - Spawn
October - Ash(would make sense as it's not only Halloween, but Bruce Campbell has an AOD event that month)
November - Terminator(upcoming movie comes out that month)

I think the DLC will be the orders the names were shown in the Shang Tsung trailer.

July - Nightwolf
August - Sindel
September - Spawn
October - Ash(would make sense as it's not only Halloween, but Bruce Campbell has an AOD event that month)
November - Terminator(upcoming movie comes out that month)

That was my theory as well, since Bruce Campbell is on an event on the 23rd of October to talk about Army of Dakrness (perfect timing to mention Ash as MK11 DLC, or even release him as DLC on that date).

Dude really wanted his Reiko. It disgusts me knowing there's fans like that among us..

The gaming community has a bunch of negative people unfortunately and those who threaten the developers of a game for not putting in a certain character are as bad as homophobic people (which is also a majority in the gaming community).

Back to the forum topic, I hope the DLC characters will have moves of certain characters who did not make it in the roster.

For example, if Li Mei or Sareena become DLC, I hope any of them will have moves similar to Tanya's such as a burning Nova Blast and that split kick (since I know Tanya will not return). Maybe even have that character borrow Tanya's Kobu Jutsu Tonfa Blades.

Sindel can have her Kwan Do and use it similar to how Tanya uses her Dragon Naginata (but in a much more simpler way of course).

If Takeda becomes DLC, he can use Keshi's katana.

I think Shang Tsung should also have moves that involve him morphing into the cyborgs since I don't think any of them will return for MK11.