Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Havik’s assist was removed?
I could have sworn that I got a few more Havik heads the other day for kompleting a ToT.

I also agree with [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION].
I’ll believe the whole Fujin stuff when / if I see an actual gameplay trailer for him, at this point.

Havik's assist is called "Skull of Chaos". There was a file in the datamine which says "NEEDS TO BE REMOVED" next to his assist. So far, I have yet to encounter this assist in any way, shape or form. You are probably referring to 'flesh of Havik', which has his head as an icon.

Also, I read somewhere that the exact same thing happened with Enchantress in Injustice 2. She was an assist in the beta which was removed, and ended up being DLC. A Havik fan also said that he tweets with one of the developers often, and a couple of years before MK11's reveal, he was told that Havik 'was being considered' for MK11.

As far as assists goes, I see it like this: Any non-playable character which has an assist (which has the portrait of the character as an icon in the tower menu when you look at the assists the CPU is going to have as you go up the tower) will NOT be DLC. I have seen Mileena, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Stryker, Meat, Kung Jin, Takeda, Hydro, Sektor, Cyrax, Nitara, Kenshi, Bo RaiCho, Hsu Hao, Reiko, Tanya, Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, and maybe a couple more.

I have yet to encounter a CPU opponent in a tower who has a Havik assist.

Also, Havik is a weird case. He's a character who can talk while his head is severed, has regenerative abilities and can crack his own neck to heal himself. Even if we DO find his head in the Krypt, I doubt this means he's 100% dead. Besides, how can Havik stay dead when he himself said that Death is Order? Him being dead would contradict his chaotic nature.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe I am confusing it with Flesh of Havik.
I’m not saying that Havik will or won’t be DLC, but just that I still don’t think that assists themselves confirm or de-confirm anyone, though.

Yeah, maybe I am confusing it with Flesh of Havik.
I’m not saying that Havik will or won’t be DLC, but just that I still don’t think that assists themselves confirm or de-confirm anyone, though.

Without being 100% sure, I think that every single character who was as an assist in MKX wasn't playable or DLC in that game. I think the same thing goes here.

Without being 100% sure, I think that every single character who was as an assist in MKX wasn't playable or DLC in that game. I think the same thing goes here.

No.
In MKX Cyrax still had his assists, despite him being a part of Triborg, which is why I don't think that assists necessarily confirm or de-confirm a character in MK11 either.
Cyrax and Cyber Sub also had a Faction Kill in MKX (bombs).

No.
In MKX Cyrax still had his assists, despite him being a part of Triborg, which is why I don't think that assists necessarily confirm or de-confirm a character in MK11 either.
Cyrax and Cyber Sub also had a Faction Kill in MKX (bombs).

Matter of perspective. I do not consider Triborg to be either Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Smoke or Cyber Sub-Zero - even though the whole point was him emulating those characters. He was them, without being them. That's how I see it, anyway.

Matter of perspective. I do not consider Triborg to be either Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Smoke or Cyber Sub-Zero - even though the whole point was him emulating those characters. He was them, without being them. That's how I see it, anyway.

Yeah, that's a bit like the "he's not my President!" argument.

Triborg was invented to provide a novel approach to give players the cyber-ninjas, and it represents them. Whether you feel he really 'is' those characters is irrelevant really, and does nothing to refute [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]'s broader point.

That's not the point, though.
The point was that his assist did not negate him being put into MKX via DLC in some way, shape or form.

Yeah, that's a bit like the "he's not my President!" argument.

Triborg was invented to provide a novel approach to give players the cyber-ninjas, and it represents them. Whether you feel he really 'is' those characters is irrelevant really, and does nothing to refute [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]'s broader point.
No, Triborg was invented as a middle finger to characters the fanbase actually wanted, such as Fujin and Sareena.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I think Kombat Pack 2 will probably consist of more MK characters and two guest fighters. Meanwhile, Kombat Pack 3 will contain only MK characters. I don't see NRS doing 9 guest fighters if they do 3 MK fighters and 3 guest fighters for each pack because that would be too many even for them.

I hope the Kombat Packs go like this...

KP1 (MK1-MKT Characters):
Shang Tsung
Nightwolf
Sindel
Spawn (GUEST)

KP2 (MKM-MK4 Characters):
Fujin
Reiko
Sareena

KP3 (MKDA-MKA Characters):
Havik
Hotaru
Li Mei
GUEST OR an MK character.

Something like that would be neat. Plus Shao Kahn and Kronika as bonus DLC characters.

I also have a feeling Sindel will have her Kwan Do as a weapon and will be used similarly to Tanya's Dragon Naginata (which would be nice and I hope her game play is excellent). Also, some of the other DLC characters might have similar moves to other characters (such as Takeda using Kenshi's sword for example).

Reiko is never coming back, thanks to that disgusting stunt pulled off by a single asshole fan.

No, Triborg was invented as a middle finger to characters the fanbase actually wanted, such as Fujin and Sareena.

In all honesty, IMO, it felt like Alien or Leatherface took any chance that Fujin had of being in MKX, given that they were KP2 guests.
That's just my guess, though, as guests usually do sell more.

Reiko is never coming back, thanks to that disgusting stunt pulled off by a single asshole fan.

Yeah, unfortunately it just takes 1 douchebag to spoil the chances of getting another possible awesome revamped character like Reiko in any future MK.
The douchebags that were recently asking for all NRS employees to be fired because Shang Tsung can morph into all of the ninjas in MK11 are right up there with that Reiko fvcktard, and it's because of shit-heads like that that I'm ashamed to call myself an MK fan sometimes.
It's like the Mileena dicks, as well. It just takes a few of them to be complete pieces of shit for the rest of the Mileena fans to look bad.

Actually, asking for NRS employees to be fired is actually a far more civil way to go about it, but if recent reports about labor conditions are to be believed, I'd say firing those employees would actually be doing them a favor (though this appears to be an industry wide problem and not an NRS only problem).

That Reiko dude on the other hand threatened to commit a sex crime.

Last edited:
Wait, what that's thing about that asshole fan and Reiko? I missed that.

EDIT: Holy crap, I googled something about a moron threatening that he will rape an NRS dev and his wife if Reiko isn't in the game? … That's just ed up. Some fans are the worse.

You're saying that the fanbase didn't want the cyber ninjas to be in the game? Dude, I get that you like Fujin and want him in the game (and he WILL be in MK11), but this is a great distortion of the facts.

Do I think that Bo Raicho was a horrible pick for a 3D character? Yes.

Is it possible that NRS didn't put Fujin in MKX just to piss the fans? Highly unlikely. If you look at it with a logical mind, there is nothing for NRS to gain by PURPOSEFULLY depriving a character from the fandom and give them a shitty character instead.

I do wonder if NRS is running out of MK characters to use? Their is not many post-MK3 characters that are well like and would sell. Not to mention, it looks like their no DLC repeat rule is still a thing seeing how Shang Tsung can transform into Rain.

Wait, what that's thing about that asshole fan and Reiko? I missed that.

EDIT: Holy crap, I googled something about a moron threatening that he will rape an NRS dev and his wife if Reiko isn't in the game? … That's just ed up. Some fans are the worse.
THAT particular incident was covered heavily on these very forums when it happened. Some of us even saw it ourselves as it happened.
I do wonder if NRS is running out of MK characters to use? Their is not many post-MK3 characters that are well like and would sell. Not to mention, it looks like their no DLC repeat rule is still a thing seeing how Shang Tsung can transform into Rain.
"Running out of MK characters" my ass. One needs to look no further than the Wii port of Mortal Kombat Armageddon to drive THAT point home. Oh yeah, we were still screaming from the rooftops that we wanted Fujin and Sareena and not Triborg and guest characters. Bo Rai Cho, I can deal with. You may not like his humorous shit, but he's still the Obi-Wan Kenobi of Mortal Kombat. Actually, I may have been on record as saying that I wouldn't mind having him back. Then again, I'm probably on record as saying I'd rather have Hsu Hao and Mokap instead of guest characters.

I’m usually not huge on the Trilogy characters (in general), but I’d be lying if I said that Shang Tsung’s gameplay didn’t impress me.
Color me intrigued.