Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I found with the tutorials that sometimes you need to do other moves to move the character into the correct position which is irritating, but what's really annoying is sometimes what it wants you to do and what it tells you to do are two completely different things. There was one I was doing with Jax where it wanted you to slam them against the wall but the input it told you to do would never result in the opponent being slammed against the wall. I'd never played Jax before, hence doing the tutorial, so I had no idea that it was never going to work. I managed to do it by accidentally pressing the wrong buttons...

I don't remember anyone really asking for Bo Rai Cho during the MKX days because I remember how people got pissed that they wasted a DLC spot for him for the second Kombat Pass. I do remember people asking for Reiko, Fujin, Havik and Sindel the most for DLC at the time. Sheeva's coding is in the Switch files and there is so much dailogue coding for it to be fake. I doubt the Switch devoplers added all of the coding to throw people off.

Also speaking of DLC, people found 18 DLC slots (That is also including Shao Khan making it 19 in total).

https://imgur.com/a/uMoKwlv

I saw plenty of people asking for him on social media places like Twitter and Facebook.
Again, obviously nothing to the level of Fujin, Reiko, Havik and Sindel, but yeah there were some requests for him.
The only KP2 character that I saw people being pissed about because people didn't really care for him much was Leatherface.

As for Sheeva's coding, I'm not doubting it, but I'm just saying that she's an odd choice, because characters like her and Stryker aren't ever really requested, whereas people DO seem to want more 3D era characters.

I found with the tutorials that sometimes you need to do other moves to move the character into the correct position which is irritating, but what's really annoying is sometimes what it wants you to do and what it tells you to do are two completely different things. There was one I was doing with Jax where it wanted you to slam them against the wall but the input it told you to do would never result in the opponent being slammed against the wall. I'd never played Jax before, hence doing the tutorial, so I had no idea that it was never going to work. I managed to do it by accidentally pressing the wrong buttons...

Baraka's block punish one with Jade annoyed me because I did the right inputs but it kept doing the leg bite throw.
Don't know if maybe it had to do with the "Short, Medium or Long" input window timing that I had to toggle with or the fact that I had release check off, but that one had me going for a long while.

Last edited:
I saw plenty of people asking for him on social media places like Twitter and Facebook.
Again, obviously nothing to the level of Fujin, Reiko, Havik and Sindel, but yeah there were some requests for him.
The only KP2 character that I saw people being pissed about because people didn't really care for him much was Leatherface.

As for Sheeva's coding, I'm not doubting it, but I'm just saying that she's an odd choice, because characters like her and Stryker aren't ever really requested, whereas people DO seem to want more 3D era characters.

Baraka's block punish one with Jade annoyed me because I did the right inputs but it kept doing the leg bite throw.
Don't know if maybe it had to do with the "Short, Medium or Long" input window timing that I had to toggle with or the fact that I had release check off, but that one had me going for a long while.

What are your thoughts on Fujin being Dlc finally. As i remember you were really waiting for him

I can guarantee one thing, if Joker is indeed in, it's gonna start a floodgate. And people will then start requesting Superman, Batman and other DC heroes and not understand the difference or just won't care enough to understand.

I can guarantee one thing, if Joker is indeed in, it's gonna start a floodgate. And people will then start requesting Superman, Batman and other DC heroes and not understand the difference or just won't care enough to understand.

Exactly! Folks are going to think just because The Joker is in that means it's open for any DC Universe character to be DLC. Failing to realize since Joker is a darker character that DC would be okay seeing Kitana decapitate him whereas characters like Batman, Batgirl, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Orchid, and etc are off limits. Perhaps characters like Lobo, Deathstroke, or Deadshot would be fine in a MK game but the majority of DC characters would be considered "too good to be mutilated" to be in MK

DC does want to keep their heroes off from MK, but their villains and anti-heroes are good to go. John Constantine in MK would be cool.

You guys figure out how to get Shinnok’s Amulet in the Krypt for the Kytinn puzzle? I have the recipe, but I need some help on the eye of onaga and the skeletal soul. Help appreciated. I got Kronika’s Amulet already but I need shinnoks and cetrions too.

Thanks man! I got the eye in a random drop, I still need the skeletal soul. And really?? I read that when you unlock the 10K soul chamber in the dead woods you’ll get the amulet. 10k souls is supposed to be a daily reward, as well.

Just want to write something about MK11 and hope you guys react to this post. I can't be the only one.

I've always been a huge MK fan. My Sega Genisis was there just in order to play MK2 and (U)MK3. The 3D era hasn't been the same for me but I still played every title and completed everything I could on my PS2. The hype wasn't there but when MK9 was announced I've lost my sh*t, as an adult btw. Couldn't wait until I finally started the game. I played it a lot. Really, I didn't stop. When MKX was announced I've bought a PS4 and couldn't wait for next gen MK. And I played MKX a lot, too.

Now, the wait for MK11 hasn't been long after announcement and I was hyped to play. There have been some things I didn't like, e.g. the different ninja colors. And also some roster decisions.

The game isn't out a week and after finishing story mode and normal arcade towers with endings (all characters) I feel how I am losing interest. After playing with characters I'm interested in, I've tortured myself to finish.

Though I've always been a good MK player I struggle to become better in MK11. After MKX I have the feeling that the game is really slow. It's stiff and tough like overcooked beef. There are not many combo opportunities and I'm not feeling the characters. The last two games make it possible to combine things you make up but now it's really hard. Then there are those different variations and I must say that I don't like it at all. I don't know what's the best for a character.

Next thing is the roster. It's MKX again and back in the day it was the reason why I stopped playing. It was about passing the torch but the parents are still there. And maybe it's ok so because the kids are so irrelevant since MK11 is about timelines and classic characters after all. Why do we have two Sonyas (Cassie and Sonya) instead of giving this spot to somebody else? MK has cyborgs, shamans, sorcerers and gods but all we get is this stupid special forces stuff. If they need them for story telling, why didn't they make them NPC? Why make them all playable taking away roster spots? Jacqui is better than in MKX but she is still a grey mouse. I'd rather have Ermac and Reptile instead. Seeing Fujin or Havik I already gave up. Hope Jacqui's ending would somehow be canon.

Cetrion and Geras are out of game. If somebody showed me a picture of them standing on a arena I definitely wouldn't have said it's Mortal Kombat. They look like scrapped from Injustice. Why bother making new characters with no purpose? In a story where anything is possible with Kronika. Fighter X could have been her jobber, like Frost or Noob. Everybody. Kollector is fine though.

Every time I see the roster I wish they'd release MK9 remastered for PS4. Not because I'm stuck with MK Trilogy. I just hate they didn't include Fujin, Rain, Havik or Reiko in BOTH MKX and MK11. No Nightwolf, Sindel or Smoke since MK9.

Guess Kombat Pack is a chance to get more variety, but I hope there are not too many guests. I am really disappointed. I've never abandonned a MK game so fast as it seems with this one.

I guess I'm the very few people that is really enjoying the game. The Towers can be a pain at times, but I really like the gameplay.

Just want to write something about MK11 and hope you guys react to this post. I can't be the only one.

I've always been a huge MK fan. My Sega Genisis was there just in order to play MK2 and (U)MK3. The 3D era hasn't been the same for me but I still played every title and completed everything I could on my PS2. The hype wasn't there but when MK9 was announced I've lost my sh*t, as an adult btw. Couldn't wait until I finally started the game. I played it a lot. Really, I didn't stop. When MKX was announced I've bought a PS4 and couldn't wait for next gen MK. And I played MKX a lot, too.

Now, the wait for MK11 hasn't been long after announcement and I was hyped to play. There have been some things I didn't like, e.g. the different ninja colors. And also some roster decisions.

The game isn't out a week and after finishing story mode and normal arcade towers with endings (all characters) I feel how I am losing interest. After playing with characters I'm interested in, I've tortured myself to finish.

Though I've always been a good MK player I struggle to become better in MK11. After MKX I have the feeling that the game is really slow. It's stiff and tough like overcooked beef. There are not many combo opportunities and I'm not feeling the characters. The last two games make it possible to combine things you make up but now it's really hard. Then there are those different variations and I must say that I don't like it at all. I don't know what's the best for a character.

Next thing is the roster. It's MKX again and back in the day it was the reason why I stopped playing. It was about passing the torch but the parents are still there. And maybe it's ok so because the kids are so irrelevant since MK11 is about timelines and classic characters after all. Why do we have two Sonyas (Cassie and Sonya) instead of giving this spot to somebody else? MK has cyborgs, shamans, sorcerers and gods but all we get is this stupid special forces stuff. If they need them for story telling, why didn't they make them NPC? Why make them all playable taking away roster spots? Jacqui is better than in MKX but she is still a grey mouse. I'd rather have Ermac and Reptile instead. Seeing Fujin or Havik I already gave up. Hope Jacqui's ending would somehow be canon.

Cetrion and Geras are out of game. If somebody showed me a picture of them standing on a arena I definitely wouldn't have said it's Mortal Kombat. They look like scrapped from Injustice. Why bother making new characters with no purpose? In a story where anything is possible with Kronika. Fighter X could have been her jobber, like Frost or Noob. Everybody. Kollector is fine though.

Every time I see the roster I wish they'd release MK9 remastered for PS4. Not because I'm stuck with MK Trilogy. I just hate they didn't include Fujin, Rain, Havik or Reiko in BOTH MKX and MK11. No Nightwolf, Sindel or Smoke since MK9.

Guess Kombat Pack is a chance to get more variety, but I hope there are not too many guests. I am really disappointed. I've never abandonned a MK game so fast as it seems with this one.

I agree with most of this but about no Nightwolf, Sindel, or Smoke since MK9 not so much. All 3 of them were NPC's in MKX. It's only been 2 games since MK9. It's the 4 years between MK games that are making people think "____ hasn't been in since MK9"when it's only been 2 games since. If your favorite character sits out for 2 games then you don't get to play as them for 12 years.

I don't mind having NPCs in the story mode because it's better than having filler fights as MK9 did. Also, Deception had NPCs in Konquest mode and no one was upset about that.

I feel you on this. Why introduce new characters in MKX and then not have them show back up? Ferra/Tor, Takeda, and Kung Jin are only referenced in intros.. we don’t need Jax, Johnny, and Sonya anymore if we’re going to have jacqui and Cassie. I really dig the new characters in MK11, at least we got Erron Black. He’s definitely my favorite character of the past two games, and good on them for brining back skarlet and frost with actual character development.

Do you think they will announce the other KP1 fighters in May? We know that Shang Tsung is coming, but I still think they would have said something else with the DLC by now.

I think they should've atleast included the missing MKX characters as npc's. What happened to the characters who sided with Kotal Khan and the special forces in the last game.

I don't like how they just disappear from the story like they never existed.

[MENTION=5197]white_ninja[/MENTION]

+1 from me - you've more or less summed up why my interest in this game has waned over the past few weeks. I was originally pretty hyped, but once we knew it was MKX.5 in terms of roster and the extended Cage family saga, I just lost interest.

Is the Krypt completely randomized? I'm trying to find skins for Baraka and can't seem to figure out any particular pattern for getting them.

I don't mind having NPCs in the story mode because it's better than having filler fights as MK9 did. Also, Deception had NPCs in Konquest mode and no one was upset about that.

And Deception had people like Kenshi and Shang Tsung.

I think they should've atleast included the missing MKX characters as npc's. What happened to the characters who sided with Kotal Khan and the special forces in the last game.

I don't like how they just disappear from the story like they never existed.

Spoiler:
Ferra-Tor are dead (according to D'vorah in one of her intros)

Erron Black sides with Kitana (only appearance from present Black)

Reptile is a no show (might be this time's Noob)

Kenshi is dead

Takeda is on "classified" (Jacqui says in one of her intros)

I have no idea what happened to Kung Jin

Is the Krypt completely randomized? I'm trying to find skins for Baraka and can't seem to figure out any particular pattern for getting them.

Yes, it is completely random. I'd rather not have it random.

[...]

Well, I'm digging the game. I'm playing everyday, AI battle is pretty cool, I'm vicariously trying to find MKII Liu Kang in the Krypt, and I'm kollecting souls, hearts and coins, so every longplay I explore more and more the Krypt. It has been a cool experience, I've been trohpy hunting, so so far I'm not forgotten on single fights. I still haven't played much of the klassic towers, but I might very soon (trophies), I've been enjoying customization even from the characters I'm not even playing, even though I wish I had more from those I actually main.

The problem are the Time Towers. Who the *&¨@ thought it would be funny to make towers so cheap? And sometimes is not even worthy. I mean, 20k koins is too little for the level of difficulty we are getting, not to mention hearts. Seriously, yesterday I spent all my skip fights, something I never use, in a WHOLE TOWER (I really wanted the skin).

I wanna know who was the genius that made that Bo' Rai Cho fart modifier and the abyssal thing that makes screen goes dark. Seriously, I wanna "who hire this guy" this person, it's utterly annoying.

This makes 500k bonus from the patch almost useless if towers keep paying x/25 of this.