Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

So people are RAGING over the grind system apparently.

I haven't played towers or anything related yet, but I noticed chests seem to be random, and that sucks.

If chests were fixed and they made me play story/online/offline to get currency, I'm ok with that.

But to be playing over and over to unlock a thong to Kollector, now that sucks.

I just want new outfits for Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana and gear for Shao Kahn. It would be way better to be like has always been: marked chests, you wanna unlock it? Go to THAT chest and unlock it. Not by luck.

Quick question about the Krypt for anyone who played. Does it still have jump scares or it it pretty much just going on a treasure hunt? I only played a little last night since my main focus was beating story mode

Well you could just do what i did after i got sick of waiting through the cutscenes, that take too long to skip and put it on very easy mode just to see the other ending.

Quick question about the Krypt for anyone who played. Does it still have jump scares or it it pretty much just going on a treasure hunt? I only played a little last night since my main focus was beating story mode

It does. There is a motherf that bursts your head when you use *a certain item to look the environment differently*.

I tried to hammer him down, but either you can't or I couldn't target him well.

So far, it's what I got, but I haven't time to play it deeply. I'm gonna go for it later as controller charges.

ALSO, there was some strange noise in Goro's Lair, and I only recall getting killed by that thing there. I don't know if it's related, but next to a blood pool I've heard some weird sound. It was always on my back tho.

Krypt doesn't have jumpscares, but has traps and certain creatures that can kill you. Entire Krypt is a loot box (so much for Ed Boon's NO LOOTBOXES)

Chests give you random stuff. Prices are also insane.

Some Chests cost 250 hearts, a currency that can be obtained by doing fatalities, brutalities or stabbing bodies in the Krypt.

Fatality 1 heart
Brutality 2 hearts
Dead bodies range from 1 to 3 hearts. 1 being most common.

Heart can also be obtained by completing towers with insane modifiers.

Once you finally get enough hearts to open the chest, you are likely to get rare item, but you're also likely to get things like easy fatality token or augment icons.

It is a lootbox simulator not a treasure hunt.

Certain parts to cross and other "chests" also require ANOTHER currency called Souls. For example to cross a bridge you need to pay 2000 souls. Getting just 400 is a annoying.

Also it doesn't help that certain mechanics like blindfold, use your souls as well.

And chests cost minimum 100 souls. Which also have a very high possibility of giving you easy fatality tokens and other useless junk.

ALSO. There are duplicates. So you might get same items over and over again.

There is also CRAFTING. Which COSTS koins and souls. Also you can fail at crafting, spending that precious cash of yours for nothing.

Btw for anyone wandering what happened to Fujin

Spoiler:
Frost froze him for Cetrion

That is some serious bullshit. Is that supposed to be the explanation for him just disappearing for the second half of MKX?

Spoiler:
Fujin would have absolutely destroyed the Frost of the MKX era.

Am I the only one who hates Ronda Rousey's voice for Sonya? I like the character but hearing her talk is like nails on a chalkboard. Its disgustingly annoying!

That is some serious bullshit. Is that supposed to be the explanation for him just disappearing for the second half of MKX?

Spoiler:
Fujin would have absolutely destroyed the Frost of the MKX era.

I think what happened was.

Spoiler:
Frost froze him, while Cetrion killed him. As Frost in her intro to Raiden says, "I froze Fujin for Cetrion", while Certion to Raiden in her intro says "Fujin put up a fight"

Point is I agree with you about Frost.

Man they made her look like an idiot. And best. Nobody takes her seriously. And why should they? She acts like a kid.

Did we already talk about the dlc getting leaked? I was avoiding this place till I played story

We did a few pages back. The DLC leak is pretty much real giving how much coding that their is in the game and everyone else found the same files. Now we have to wait for NRS and WB to make an official announcment for the other DLC characters.

Well, so far when it comes to single player (fight only, not unlocking because it's a pain in the ass), I'm good.

Most of my favorites are in, I have been getting interested on playing some that I usually don't give attention, and after two games my main has changed, at the least it really seems to.

I mean, Raiden, Liu Kang, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are usually my mains. Yeah, I'm that flat about this subject, but it's almost a rule, I think UMK3 is the only exception. So it's nice to have a change, and I've been quite amused by playing with Shao Kahn.

Still, I think MK11's Raiden is behind MKX's Raiden. I'm playing with him but I'm a little bit "meh". His kombos are not the best, and his abilites are not very diverse. Love his portayal, but his MKX version was better. Thankfully, Liu Kang is better, so I think the switched sides for now. I'm gonna put more effort on him.

But Kitana came out as a new playing possibility, and I'm looking forward testing more with Kano. But I do have the impression Johnny Cage will be on top too, just haven't played with him beyond story.

Right now just kollecting currency so who knows what will be patched. Also, does the server goes down here and there with you too? I had to beat Kronika again on story to unlock the stages because it wasn't on and the reward wasn't given.

Krypt doesn't have jumpscares, but has traps and certain creatures that can kill you. Entire Krypt is a loot box (so much for Ed Boon's NO LOOTBOXES)

Chests give you random stuff. Prices are also insane.

Some Chests cost 250 hearts, a currency that can be obtained by doing fatalities, brutalities or stabbing bodies in the Krypt.

Fatality 1 heart
Brutality 2 hearts
Dead bodies range from 1 to 3 hearts. 1 being most common.

Heart can also be obtained by completing towers with insane modifiers.

Once you finally get enough hearts to open the chest, you are likely to get rare item, but you're also likely to get things like easy fatality token or augment icons.

It is a lootbox simulator not a treasure hunt.

Certain parts to cross and other "chests" also require ANOTHER currency called Souls. For example to cross a bridge you need to pay 2000 souls. Getting just 400 is a annoying.

Also it doesn't help that certain mechanics like blindfold, use your souls as well.

And chests cost minimum 100 souls. Which also have a very high possibility of giving you easy fatality tokens and other useless junk.

ALSO. There are duplicates. So you might get same items over and over again.

There is also CRAFTING. Which COSTS koins and souls. Also you can fail at crafting, spending that precious cash of yours for nothing.

This is exactly my biggest concern about MK11. They need to change the random effect in the krypt. It would be better if they implement a system like every 100000 spend you unlock a fatality/every 50000 coins spend you unlock a brutality. So you have the grind factor but also a controlling way to unlock stuff. Because right now you can even play a year without unlocking a special fatality you would love to have because of the random effect which sucks.

NRS and WB konfirmed a patch is coming asap to fix the ridiculous difficulty for some of the time towers.

I don't think NRS patch this once again because they already did. I own the game since thursday last week und the towers of time were ridiculous in difficulty. Yesterday they were easier and I could even finish most of them... even if it took me two hours for one tower island :/

Well, so far when it comes to single player (fight only, not unlocking because it's a pain in the ass), I'm good.

Most of my favorites are in, I have been getting interested on playing some that I usually don't give attention, and after two games my main has changed, at the least it really seems to.

I mean, Raiden, Liu Kang, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are usually my mains. Yeah, I'm that flat about this subject, but it's almost a rule, I think UMK3 is the only exception. So it's nice to have a change, and I've been quite amused by playing with Shao Kahn.

Still, I think MK11's Raiden is behind MKX's Raiden. I'm playing with him but I'm a little bit "meh". His kombos are not the best, and his abilites are not very diverse. Love his portayal, but his MKX version was better. Thankfully, Liu Kang is better, so I think the switched sides for now. I'm gonna put more effort on him.

But Kitana came out as a new playing possibility, and I'm looking forward testing more with Kano. But I do have the impression Johnny Cage will be on top too, just haven't played with him beyond story.

Right now just kollecting currency so who knows what will be patched. Also, does the server goes down here and there with you too? I had to beat Kronika again on story to unlock the stages because it wasn't on and the reward wasn't given.

This is the funny thing about fighting games. Before I could get my hands on MK11 I thought I would pick Kollector, Noob or Baraka but the best results in tower of time I had with Kano and Kabal. Kano is really interesting because he has good lows and mid to punish the opponent fast. Oh, and Kitana is also a good choice for tower of time imo.

But I am with you... RAiden was my main in MKX but in MK11 he is boring as hell. I don't like to play zooner so he is almost out.

Edit: I am sorry for posting so much... :)

My spoiler-free review so far.

I didn‘t expect much like back in 2015 so I wasn‘t disappointed yesterday after finishing story in one session. I have the feeling that NRS narrowed the amount of story characters in order to give more time to shine. My only concern is the fact that you only play for the good guys. But this was predictable. All in all it was solid and fun. Impossible to expect more from a fighting game.

Hey guys, I'm not getting the game until all the DLCs come out, and that's why I have a question for you that bothers me a little. Are the characters' skins connected to variations? For example can I play all the variations with both revenant and young Liu Kang? Or choose every variation while playing as storymode-unmasked Scorpion? Or to avoid this ridiculous Skarlet's default skin?

Last edited: