Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Yes the towers work but why have a lame towers mode when you could have a practice mode instead? People always assume we're playing a old build because it's a beta but in reality NRS hasn't said one way or another. There's plenty of different games that get betas before they release and it turns out that the ''old build beta'' is the final build you're playing. It's just a striped down version. I'm sure some stuff will change (Boon mentioned buffing the walk speed in the final build ) but other than that that's all we know.

If you watch the Kombat Kast they tell you that the betas they have put out are old builds and a lot has changed since those builds.

Lol he needs no tweaks. Stop sandbagging your main. His mix ups game is stellar. Even without Misery Blade. Jade needs some tweaks.

The only people who think scorpion doesn't need anything are scorpion haters. Scorpion has no safe anything excepy misery blade which has 2 mix ups that are unsafe and barely do any damage. Has no 3 hit string cancelable to hit confirm. Misery blade takes 2 slots and necessary to use so all his other 9 moves are useless now. Other characters have better footsies and safe and way more damage. All the other characters main move that stun or launches like Kung lao spin, kabal dash and sub zero freeze ball don't need amplify but scorpion spear needs. But yeah he doesn't need anything right??

I think one of the few tweaks I would give to Scorpion is maybe being more lenient on his meter consumption, aside from that I think he's a pretty solid character with his add-ons. Sure a lot of his moves are unsafe, but when it comes to a game where footsies and spacing is king (atleast for now given dash changes), moves be not very safe can be pretty expected (though maybe he could use a few tweaks on frames here or there).

With all the Scorpion's I've faced, I don't think he needs any changes just yet.

I've had my wakeups punished before they even connected.

And Jade's extended combos.. That match was so quick, not knowing to block for overhead or low. Derm.

I really had a blast with the beta! I had a very good record in Mk9. I missed out on MKX online, sadly but I will be playing 11 online religiously. I plan to maintain a good ratio for Mk11.

So far it feels like way more balanced game than I'm use to.

The thing with scorpion is that all his other moves are complete garbage. Misery blade takes 2 spots so just through away 9 moves.

If you watch the Kombat Kast they tell you that the betas they have put out are old builds and a lot has changed since those builds.

I watched the Kombat cast 5 and 6 the only thing boon says in regard to the recent beta is that walk speeds and other adjustments will be in the final version but he doesn’t say anywhere it’s a old build.He says it’s different from the final build but doesn’t go into what those changes are so again we just assuming it is.

People still think Shang Tsung was moved from base to DLC because of the leaks when people forget that Ed Boon said that DLC is planned out like 6 months before the game is out.

The only people who think scorpion doesn't need anything are scorpion haters. Scorpion has no safe anything excepy misery blade which has 2 mix ups that are unsafe and barely do any damage. Has no 3 hit string cancelable to hit confirm. Misery blade takes 2 slots and necessary to use so all his other 9 moves are useless now. Other characters have better footsies and safe and way more damage. All the other characters main move that stun or launches like Kung lao spin, kabal dash and sub zero freeze ball don't need amplify but scorpion spear needs. But yeah he doesn't need anything right??

He can cancel Misery for free though, which is very powerful

Im rewatching a lot of Jacqis gameplay and she looks super fun to play, I also like how some of her move sets are sort of MMA inspired just like Cassies

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interesting but we still don't know who that 29th character is. At least now we know for a fact about Cetrion but no real surprise.

It low key bothers me when MK9 only spells out "Noob" but leaves out "Saibot". Seems like they might be pulling that again.

This will be a much easier platinum which is good news for trophy enthusiasts.

Mileena and Shinnok are probably DLC or maybe the leaker lied about them just to mess around with the fans.

I saw some people claiming this to be an April fools joke but it was published on the 2nd and parallels that past leak.

I think 29 is going to be a secret unlockable. I really hope it's Fujin or Rain.

Was hoping for a harder platinum. I can live with it though!

Its just that the MK vs DC and MK 9 plats were really special and rare due the Kombo Challenges and My Kung-fu is stronger trophies

Are Brutalities too easy to perform this time around? I've heard they keep coming out unintentionally... What are the prerequisites for said finishers like compared to MKX? Did they water this aspect of the game down too...?

Also, is there an Injustice 2 type of issue with the stage interactables, whereby they're used unintentionally during comboes etc.?... 'Cause I've heard this mentioned also. Can the game be played like a traditional 5-button MK game, or are all buttons (on modern controllers) needed -- i.e., there are no double-button options to do whatever's assigned to a, say, right-trigger?

I only played Kabal, but I know his Brutalities can only be done by holding the button down. Like keep holding 3 while hitting a Nomad Dash. No way you can do his on accident, but maybe the uppercut brutalities are automatic.

Intractables are an issue. The corner escape ones don't even cost defensive meter.
The game does have an option for button shortcuts.